PDA

View Full Version : Funnest faction

TheGeneral
05-27-2006, 20:26
I've only started playing EB and i want to know what the funnest faction is, i was playing as the Casse but i just got a CTD

And a question of i get a CTD and i go and reload the game to the turn before will there still be a CTD on that turn? becuase i want to know if i can continue on with my campaign

Zero1
05-28-2006, 03:18
It varies, sometimes the CTD recur, and sometimes they don't...it depends on alot of variables within the game, CTDs can be quite a tricky business.

Trithemius
05-28-2006, 09:44
Romani!

The faction, not the battle in 1916! *too much Australian Light Horse stuff lately* :dizzy2:

The Romans have fun units that require some sound infantry handling skills to use well (unless you just field all Camillan Triarii forces like a big cheap thing) and they have some fun "sub-quests" based on getting your generals fancy Triumphal titles. Early Roman recruitment is an adventure in itself as you start to expand beyond Italy and encounter hard battles.

-Praetor-
10-04-2006, 06:28
aeduii/arverni/getai.

I dunno, they have that little something...

Teleklos Archelaou
10-04-2006, 06:50
I've been working on making the carthaginians and makedonians more fun. Can't say anything other than that though. :laugh4:

CountArach
10-04-2006, 08:19
I am a huge fan of Epiros, there are so many different choices at the start in regards to where you go.

Avicenna
10-04-2006, 08:26
Not the Yuezhi, that's for sure. Endless steppes and no cash to speak of.

Mujalumbo
10-04-2006, 09:51
Yah, no kidding. Nor are the Sauromatae. Endless hordes of highly experienced rebels, plummetting cash... I think the nomadic faction overhaul will make things a little more interesting.

Those central factions are fun - Epeiros, Koinon Hellenon, Makedonia. With Tylis right there for the taking, you get a nice range of troops. It'll be even better once .8 comes out and you get those sweet peltasts.

scourgeofrome
10-04-2006, 13:50
I personally think just about veryone is fun except the nomads and Partha (okay Partha is fun, but I stink at using cavalry). My personal favorites are Epiros,Baktria,Romani, and Carthage.

Discoskull
10-04-2006, 15:48
Casse. You get your own freakin' island! All trade in the north seas must pass through your ports!

You knew I was going to say this...

(I also have Carthage, Epeiros, and Ptolemaioi campaigns running...and these make me happy...except for the Vast Wasteland of Boredom that is Arabia...having the parthians there somehow messes with the experience...oh, and I suspect AS would be quite fun, though I haven't had the patience to get past 270 BC...:juggle2: )

Warlord 11
10-05-2006, 02:06
I like Qarthadast (or however it is spelled). Rich, powerful, and some awesome elite infantry and cavalry

Musopticon?
10-05-2006, 14:44
I like Pontus. Small, weak and no elite units to speak of.

abou
10-05-2006, 15:52
I really want to give Epeiros a try, but I keep having reinforcement CTDs. Right now though, I am in a Baktria campaign and this has been my favorite so far. Weeding your way through the mountains, a kingdom at the edge of the world - it is just cool.

My only problem was that the Seleukids attacked me and that they constantly are at peace with the Ptolemaioi, which makes no sense. I am playing on M/M which is difficult enough of a campaign. I am not expanding nearly as fast as I would like because the Seleukids keep wandering my territories with pezhetairoi and Phalav decided that war was a good idea.

Regardless of this, the campaign is still awesome. Baktrian cavalry is where it is at!:2thumbsup:

Justiciar
10-05-2006, 17:31
They're all worth a try, and have their own unique feel. My personal favourites are the Sweboz, Getai and Hayasdan.

pvt_isaac
10-05-2006, 17:39
Playing a more "true" historical campaign as Gaul is great fun.

I also enjoyed playing a long campaign as the Seleucid Empire, but I doubt I will ever do it again. It was a bit too easy, even with my settings at Medium/Hard, and by the end I had more money than I knew what to do with.

Cheers,
Aaron

Discoskull
10-05-2006, 18:50
Playing a more "true" historical campaign as Gaul is great fun.

I also enjoyed playing a long campaign as the Seleucid Empire, but I doubt I will ever do it again. It was a bit too easy, even with my settings at Medium/Hard, and by the end I had more money than I knew what to do with.

Cheers,
Aaron

Try it at VH/M - it's ever so much fun, and it's not all that easy...rebels, rebels, rebels...

Discoskull
10-05-2006, 18:52
My only problem was that the Seleukids attacked me and that they constantly are at peace with the Ptolemaioi, which makes no sense.
Perhaps AS is a protectorate of the Ptolemaioi, or vice versa...

abou
10-06-2006, 02:20
Perhaps AS is a protectorate of the Ptolemaioi, or vice versa...
I have noticed that does happen quite often, but not this time. AS is at war with me, allied to Makedonia, and that is it.

Pelopidas
10-06-2006, 02:29
I experiment the same problem in my Baktrian campain.
But nevertheless, in all campaigns there's a time when all factions set a league against you, especially when you're at the center of the scene ( playing a successor state or one of the famous triade Epeiros / Makedonia / Koinon Hellenon )

My favours are first fort the Koinon Hellenon, second to Epire, Pontus and Baktria, then the successors.
I don't like Romans, because it's simply to easy, even in VH/VH.
The barbarians are great.

But in fact, all factions are gorgeous, especially the " near finished " like Rome and the successors states.

But the challenge of beginning like a little shiny thing crawling at the feet of titans...and then mutating into a huge and powerful beast with an everlasting bloodlust...Raaa...Erm.
You know what I mean, I'm sure.

The nomadic are less interesting, I must admit...but I have full confidence in the EB team for the .8 :]

Orb
10-08-2006, 20:38
THE HAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYK!

Also known as Hayasdan. My favourite experience so far.

Cataphracts combined with mercenary infantry recruited freshly for each battle.

Pelopidas
10-08-2006, 21:10
Epire for ever.

Definitly.

This faction have just the " little touch " who makes me totaly fan...

Tellos Athenaios
10-08-2006, 22:59
I'm a bit of a Hellen. More precisely I'm a Koinon Hellenon fan.
Small faction, an immediate thread, basic units, good economy, and for some inexplicable reason I simply like to conquer the Romans and unify the ancient Greek cities. I'm really looking forward to the Greek Voice Mod.

Tellos Athenaios
10-08-2006, 23:03
aeduii/arverni/getai.

I dunno, they have that little something...

Some very ferocious warriors, perhaps, that each time they are present stir up the action? A tremendously good feeling, after having carved out your empire at the cost of some so-called civilised faction?

Pelopidas
10-08-2006, 23:06
I agree on KH.
The feeling of a strong Hellenic league who attract all the former colonies in his political array, at the depends of their vicious and cruel conquerors :D

Tuuvi
10-09-2006, 02:23
I like Pontus, It is the only faction I have played past 265 BC. Greeks, Barbarians, Iranians all at your disposal.

NeoSpartan
10-10-2006, 03:21
My favorites are Aedui and KH.

With the Aedui in H/H, u got to be quick on your feet to get rid of the Arverni without loosing too many soldiers. Because a few years later, the Romans with their ultra-armored Triarii will come rolling. (+ u get a kick at avenging Virsongeterix [sp] even though he was an Arverni)

With the KH, the little guys of the Hellas. Trying to get Makedon and/or Epiros off thier backs. And then, both AS and Potlemoi gang up on you.

The Romani will be fun in .8, when I don't have to wait houndreds of turns for a REFORM!

Musopticon?
10-12-2006, 14:08
It's Vergingetorix(from "Gingeto the God King").

And yes, the enhanced celts are what raises EB over other mods for me. Well, above everything else except RTR Platinum. They get the least attention of all the factions and powers of the age even though they had a highly refined culture and the major power of Classic Europe. I think all the information and lore is utterly fascinating even though I don't exactly like to play as them.

Aranor
10-15-2006, 09:06
For me its Getai all the way. The combination of their drapini falxmen with the phalanx units is simply awesome!:2thumbsup: They also have great skirmishers! their archers have some of the best ranges in the game plus they have a very good mellee skill. ( Komotai have the same melee stats as the drapini~;) ) All they need is a good heavy cav and a medium armoured swordsman unit and they would be unstoppable!:laugh4:

Aut Nihil
10-17-2006, 09:40
Sweboz for me, lets kill those roman dogs! :p

Markus_Aurelius
10-25-2006, 00:58
I kind of like Ptolemy myself, I saw nobody else who voted for these babys:egypt:

Subedei
10-25-2006, 08:49
Bactria for the diversity of units & the part of the map. It´s middle east and you gotta plough your way trough AS territory to get to the Mediterranian sea and make money.

Parthians b/c I love the anti-Roman :whip: heritage & horsey armies.