PDA

View Full Version : MP Campaign: The Order Of The Eagle (ex Great Alliance)

UltraWar
06-04-2006, 18:50
The Order of the Eagle

https://img56.imageshack.us/img56/7826/thegreatalliance4cg.png

This Thread is for the Order of the Eagle (aka Great Alliance) - A Group of factions joined together for 2 purposes: protecting their homelands and to help all members out

Members:

Carthage
Greek Cities
Egypt

Sub-Alliance: The Republic Of Rome

Members:

The House Of Julii
The House Of Brutii
The House Of Scipii
SPQR

------------------------------
To join you must prove your worth.

Topic: Who gets what of Roman Territory?

The Alliance's Goals:

1)Take Byzintium
2)Eliminate Macedon,The Seleucid Empire,Numidia
3)Do Not Attack Germans,Britons,Pontus,Parthia

shadowarmy75
06-04-2006, 18:58
I offer to help but you guys can have my share because the Romans are far away and more trouble than it's worth. How about I give my share to the Greeks for Kydonia and Rhodes.

Monarch
06-04-2006, 19:08
Hi mate,

I will take as much assistance as possible against Macedon, I will have a very tough time against them early game I fear, so any contributions welcome (remember we're not just talking troops, anything from naval support, to financial contributions if you can spare).

Oh, and welcome to the alliance.

In addition, Carthage/Spain, whats going on? I hear you've withdrawn from the Corduba pact but you're still allied correct? IMO, Carthage, thats cool but you should now try extra hard to give troops and money to Spain as much as possible :)

UltraWar
06-04-2006, 19:30
On behalf of Cartage and Greek Cities, I would like to make a formal offer of alliance to the people of Gaul:

It is well known that the "Germano-British Pact" means to attack and attempt to overwhelm you. If you need more confirmation of this, simply look in the Germano-British Pact thread.

Carthage and Greek Cities would like to offer you support, wether military or monetary, to counter the threat posed by European dominance by the Germano-British Pact. I am sure that you can see the benefit of forming this new alliance. The Germano-British Pact has made it's selfish intentions clear, they must be stopped.

UltraWar
06-04-2006, 21:05
We seem to have a problem... the Germano-Britsh has requested a alliance with the Turko-Persian League...

I respect both of them... but something doesn't seem right.

We must stand fast to survive

I might be forced to use my "secret weapon" on them both if they both become allies

Silver Rusher
06-04-2006, 21:35
Ha! You say that the nations in your petty alliance are Great, and must prove their worth, but are Spain great? Not in a million years will they have any military success other than the quellings of small brigand uprisings. Why must you fools greet such weak nations with open arms? This can only signify your own weakness, as it means that anyone will be able to join you. Soon, surely, small groups of peasants who declare themselves independant and form tiny states will be allowed into your "alliance". Your pretentiousness and boastings are insulting to the good folks of the Eastern Alliance and the Germano-British (and Macedonian) pact.

UltraWar
06-04-2006, 21:43
Ha! You say that the nations in your petty alliance are Great, and must prove their worth, but are Spain great? Not in a million years will they have any military success other than the quellings of small brigand uprisings. Why must you fools greet such weak nations with open arms? This can only signify your own weakness, as it means that anyone will be able to join you. Soon, surely, small groups of peasants who declare themselves independant and form tiny states will be allowed into your "alliance". Your pretentiousness and boastings are insulting to the good folks of the Eastern Alliance and the Germano-British (and Macedonian) pact.
You Want War? You've GOT war!

You really are trying to undermine this great alliance with your petty problems.... oh well.... i can't wait to see what will happen when this alliance makes you and the Germano-British beg for mercy...

I will NOT stand around to be insulted.

Monarch
06-04-2006, 22:06

Would you petty successor states please fight amongst yourself in another thread please.

PS. Your alliance seems really pointless as everyone in your area is in it, this is Total War, not Total Peace, my friend. The time will come when rebel towns have been taken and your alliance will fall to infighting ;)

UltraWar
06-04-2006, 22:30
Silver Rusher,
You are walking a fine line.
One mistake and your alliance will crumble into anarchy.
You will have a lot to worry about now that there is corruption in your camp.

Glaucus
06-04-2006, 23:05
In addition, Carthage/Spain, whats going on? I hear you've withdrawn from the Corduba pact but you're still allied correct? IMO, Carthage, thats cool but you should now try extra hard to give troops and money to Spain as much as possible :)

I must withdraw from your pitiful alliance now, before you destroy me. You cannot go back on your word like that, and since you did I am afraid I must, as an honest warlord, say that if you do not remove yourself from my Iberian homeland, I will force you off. Other members of the Great Alliance, my conflict is not with you unless you make it such. But a conflict with me is more then just fighting spain, I have allies who may knock on your doors should you act aggresivly against us.

UltraWar
06-05-2006, 11:33
Glaucus I just had to keep Corbuda as it was important to me and would help me in the war in North Africa, not to attack you.

You have pressured me to thinking even more on what to do, strategically.

UltraWar
06-05-2006, 13:07
The Noble House Of Julii have joined us in the Jihad against the Barbarians!
They are worthy of all praise and will be given full support whereever they go!

UltraWar
06-05-2006, 13:18
I have a proposal to make - Would it be in the best intrests of all the members of this great and noble alliance to change the name of the alliance from The Great Alliance to The Kingdom Of Heaven? If this isn't a good name choice why not you suggest one which will sound better?

Myrddraal
06-05-2006, 13:51
Ha! It would seem the attitudes of the so-called 'great' alliance have changed slightly. Need I remind you that their original stated intentions were:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We Are a combination of great factions with two goals in mind: Protection of our homelands and the Removal of the barbarians: The Romans

Now they welcome their former enemies with open arms. It would appear this alliance is simply a shambolic group of peasants huddling together out of pure fear.

One word of advice for the Romans - Watch your back!

UltraWar
06-05-2006, 13:55
Ha! It would seem the attitudes of the so-called 'great' alliance have changed slightly. Need I remind you that their original stated intentions were:

Now they welcome their former enemies with open arms. It would appear this alliance is simply a shambolic group of peasants huddling together out of pure fear.

One word of advice for the Romans - Watch your back!
Need i remind you that your original plan was to attack the Germans instantly?
I have talked with the Julii and the rest of the alliance and we both have the same goal in taking over the barbarious people of the north.
Our original plan was to leave the Julii alone and assist them all we could.

Monarch
06-05-2006, 15:59
We have seen your pitiful attempts to challenge us, and we have decided to HoJ would be a great and noble ally against you.

PS. Not sure about new name...since none of our factions are christian lol. Bur I'd like a name change though.

Edit: How about The Order Of The Eagle? Me and ultrawar came up with it on xfire.

UltraWar
06-05-2006, 16:25
The Order Of The Eagle is a great name to rename the Great Alliance.

UltraWar
06-05-2006, 16:43
There seems to be corruption in the other alliances... this could be a cause of concen and should be looked into.

The Seleucid Empire accused the Spanish by saying: "Ha! You say that the nations in your petty alliance are Great, and must prove their worth, but are Spain great? Not in a million years will they have any military success other than the quellings of small brigand uprisings. Why must you fools greet such weak nations with open arms? This can only signify your own weakness, as it means that anyone will be able to join you. Soon, surely, small groups of peasants who declare themselves independant and form tiny states will be allowed into your "alliance". Your pretentiousness and boastings are insulting to the good folks of the Eastern Alliance and the Germano-British (and Macedonian) pact." That was also directed at us.

The Spanish are asking for an apology from the Empire.

The Spanish have insulted the Macedonians by saying that they will defeat all "civilised" factions, but as the Macedonians are civilised... that could have been a big mistake by the spanish...

Also there is worry within the German camp because of their worries of the British and Macedon backstabbing them... I must order Monarch to look into this.

Myrddraal
06-05-2006, 16:54
I must order Monarch to look into this

Order, you presume much!

Your continued attempts to divide us are pitiful, and worthy of no further comment.

Silver Rusher
06-05-2006, 16:55
Ah, we see even MORE allowance as to the membership of the alliance! Even though the Romans were previously declared enemies of this pitiful group, the moment one of their families plods along to ask for membership its a huge reshuffle, and they are made an exception.

Have you people no sense of dignity, of willpower, of firmness?

Monarch
06-05-2006, 16:58
Order, you presume much!

Your continued attempts to divide us are pitiful, and worthy of no further comment.

Thats was just for roleplaying purposes, we've discussed it on xfire :P

Silver Rusher, which alliance are you in? Are you in the one which orginally intended to kill each but then changed thier minds, or the one that appear to want to have the whole map allied and play total peace?

Silver Rusher
06-05-2006, 17:05
Thats was just for roleplaying purposes, we've discussed it on xfire :P

Silver Rusher, which alliance are you in? Are you in the one which orginally intended to kill each but then changed thier minds, or the one that appear to want to have the whole map allied and play total peace?
We don't want to have the whole map allied, no! That seemed like the intention of your alliance until the Pan Persian League was formed. And we never said we were going to kill each other, I don't remember anyone saying that anywhere.

RickFGS
06-05-2006, 17:07
I see that the previous intentios of this alliance was to destroy Rome, well now i´m here and i am part of this alliance. I propose that alliances must be keept and that the breakers of an allaince must suffer a penalty, i leave it to you guys to choose that penalty.

Its weird Carthage and Rome to allie, but this is a game, not history remaking and things can be as we want them to be. I apreciate your warnings to watch my back and ill do so.

By alliance with me ,the senate of rome, brutti and scipii are part of it to, any attack on them will be consideraded an act of war.

UltraWar
06-05-2006, 17:08
I see that the previous intentios of this alliance was to destroy Rome, well now i´m here and i am part of this alliance. I propose that alliances must be keept and that the breakers of an allaince must suffer a penalty, i leave it to you guys to choose that penalty.

Its weird Carthage and Rome to allie, but this is a game, not history remaking and things can be as we want them to be. I apreciate your warnings to watch my back and ill do so.

By alliance with me ,the senate of rome, brutti and scipii are part of it to, any attack on them will be consideraded an act of war.

what would happen if the brutii/scipii attack first?

Monarch
06-05-2006, 17:11

I'm Greek Cities, Brutii, played by ai, WILL attack me within the first the few turns. Meanwhile on sicily, scipii will attack Carthage. You see, we have to attack them as they'll attack us.

RickFGS
06-05-2006, 17:15
I always just about to post about that, cant that be changed in the cript, i think it can.

Monarch
06-05-2006, 17:17
I always just about to post about that, cant that be changed in the cript, i think it can.

We all wish to keep our normal games and not change them for one pbem, thats if it can be done. I'm sorry mate, we'll just have to stick with original plans.

RickFGS
06-05-2006, 17:18
Ok, np, i forgot abouth that issue, very well.

UltraWar
06-05-2006, 17:19
I think that destroying SPQR will make things much easier as then you'll have to worry about the Brutii and Scipii... if you want... we could destroy the Brutii and Scipii... leaving SPQR left... meaning that you could easily not worry much.

RickFGS
06-05-2006, 17:20
I will destroy the senate, teh brutii and scipii, your help on killing them is more then welcome, howhever i intend to have all italy under my grip.

Monarch
06-05-2006, 17:24
I will destroy the senate, teh brutii and scipii, your help on killing them is more then welcome, howhever i intend to have all italy under my grip.

The people of Greece cannot accept this. We entered The Order Of The Eagle on the promise of strong allies and lands formally held by the Brutii (plus the Scipii sicily city).

UltraWar
06-05-2006, 17:26
i think this'll be the best strategy which will benefit everyone:

Greek Cities take Brutii lands
Carthage take Scipii lands
Julii take SPQR and Gallic lands

RickFGS
06-05-2006, 17:26
We cannot accept the presence of greek or other blood on italy mainland, a compromisse must be made, i will give you messana only. Im not flexible on this point, go after macedon, they are hellenic, you can buy them off cheap.

RickFGS
06-05-2006, 17:28
I dislike that treaty ultramar, sipii lands will be julli, italy is not negotiable.

Monarch
06-05-2006, 17:29
We cannot accept the presence of greek or other blood on italy mainland, a compromisse must be made, i will give you messana only. Im not flexible on this point, go after macedon, they are hellenic, you can buy them off cheap.

No, under the terms of the alliance, Greece is entitled to Croton and Tarentum.

Lol, Italy is not negotiable to the alliance. Why should you get first choice, you are the newest member.

RickFGS
06-05-2006, 17:30
Croton will be Julli, by the time you ll get there you ill move out, or will be forced out, your choice.

Monarch
06-05-2006, 17:31
Croton will be Julli, by the time you ll get there you ill move out, or will be forced out, your choice.

Ok.

PS, every heard of diplomacy or negotiation? Or compromises?

UltraWar
06-05-2006, 17:33
that is good strategic planning... i would agree that it would be in the best intrests of my nation in particular... i will attack Rome and then when i take it, i will give it to you as a gift.... i will then leave Rome... would the establisment of a Greek Colony in Tarentum and Croton work so then you can keep the rest of the Italian mainland and concentrate eleswere while I will take over Messana...

Greek Cities are unsure but would like a bit of land on mainland italy just so that it can trade.

RickFGS
06-05-2006, 17:54
Trade can be done by ports, neither carthage or greek presense in italy mainland ill be considered a good gesture, greece should concentrate on macedon, why bother with the scipii on italy, as for carthage, you already have africa, ive played this many times with carth you can growth enoguh power on africa, italy is mine, africa is yours, same for greece...no foreign presence, else im gonna start demanding athens, snice its revel, and mauretania and numidias land, since its from another faction...

UltraWar
06-05-2006, 17:55
ok... i have had a talk with the other members of this order and have decided... to continue with the original demands....

I will take Messana,Capua and Rome
Greek Cities will take Brutii lands
You can take over North Italy Lands

You will have to accept because if you don't... you'll be running the risk of being annilated by a force worse than death...

RickFGS
06-05-2006, 17:56
trade is done by diplos, one meet an puff trade rights sucred, no need for greek or carthage presence on mainland...Im not flexible on this..ITALY IS MINE. Besides your strategies seem to be a bit agressive towords me, Rome is not the AI anymore, so i suggest you adjust to the new reality....

Monarch
06-05-2006, 17:58
Trade can be done by ports, neither carthage or greek presense in italy mainland ill be considered a good gesture, greece should concentrate on macedon, why bother with the scipii on italy, as for carthage, you already have africa, ive played this many times with carth you can growth enoguh power on africa, italy is mine, africa is yours, same for greece...no foreign presence, else im gonna start demanding athens, snice its revel, and mauretania and numidias land, since its from another faction...

Hmm, you've played this many times before? Them you'll know you can build a Julii empire in central Europe, you never will hold the italian peninsula for years, so why do you need it?
Please, mate, reconsider.

RickFGS
06-05-2006, 17:59
The force of death does not frighten me, neither your threaths, maybe i should join another allaince...

UltraWar
06-05-2006, 17:59
trade is done by diplos, one meet an puff trade rights sucred, no need for greek or carthage presence on mainland...Im not flexible on this..ITALY IS MINE. Besides your strategies seem to be a bit agressive towords me, Rome is not the AI anymore, so i suggest you adjust to the new reality....

I also hope you notice that the Barbarians are not the AI anymore either... they are after your blood... i am sorry to tell you this but... they will be willing to annilate you if they were given half the chance.

UltraWar
06-05-2006, 18:01
The force of death does not frighten me, neither your threaths, maybe i should join another allaince...
also... who would have you in their alliance?

Not the North... that's for sure!

Why would the east need you? They HATE you...

We are the only ones who actually feel sorry for you.

RickFGS
06-05-2006, 18:08
It seems that way yes, but you are very sure about yourself....your demands are unnceptable so are Greece, if i must fight then fight we will, you can have Messana, this is my compromisse, acept it or not, i dont care.

Silver Rusher
06-05-2006, 18:09
also... who would have you in their alliance?

Not the North... that's for sure!

Why would the east need you? They HATE you...

We are the only ones who actually feel sorry for you.
HA! This makes me laugh out loud. The Great Alliance was FOUNDED on hatred of romans - in fact, the simple formation of a group of nations with the simple goal of destroying an innocent civilisation was one of the reasons why the Compact and League joined together with the hope of annhilating you.

Romans, you need not worry about these treacherous, backstabbing fools who simply wish to destroy you like they always have done. Join the Compact, and be true to your Roman blood!

Monarch
06-05-2006, 18:09

I don't see you in Pan Persia, so obviously you can't join them.

Compact Eurpopa, they plan for Macedon to take the Balkans, so you can't go there. Neither can you expand north as that would taking on you would-be allies, Gaul. You could go south (africa) but you would have no alliance support there, and you you would have issues transporting troops without Carthage sinking them.

North is your only option :) And we are the only alliance that can help you achieve this goal.

RickFGS
06-05-2006, 18:14
I could go Greece, take Athens, after that i cut off your north, then take Sparta by siege, syracuse i blokade the pass with navy? Macedon will eat you up if i strike you on the back...how about that for starts? I sugest you guys start losing some arrogance and start compromising. Your plans are simple, you are both allied and plane to take me over from the beginning, we all now croton, tarentum are developed cities, your empire will be much better then my supossed north cities, and also you ll be on my back while my armie would be on south.

Ultrawar is a carthage addict and a carthage addict always attacks rome, your plan is not fair, and so i must be inflexible.

RickFGS
06-05-2006, 18:16
Correction - "while my armie would be on north"

UltraWar
06-05-2006, 18:18
I could go Greece, take Athens, after that i cut off your north, then take Sparta by siege, syracuse i blokade the pass with navy? Macedon will eat you up if i strike you on the back...how about that for starts? I sugest you guys start losing some arrogance and start compromising. Your plans are simple, you are both allied and plane to take me over from the beginning, we all now croton, tarentum are developed cities, your empire will be much better then my supossed north cities, and also you ll be on my back while my armie would be on south.

Ultrawar is a carthage addict and a carthage addict always attacks rome, your plan is not fair, and so i must be inflexible.

i am not a carthage addict but there was a agreement on territory... rome always attack carthage...

the plan was to support you from any problem from the other romans

RickFGS
06-05-2006, 18:25
Im tired of this, can another player join this game? i have a friend who will be taking the brutii.

His nick his: Luigiman
mail: luissilva1982@sapo.pt

UltraWar
06-05-2006, 18:26
Im tired of this, can another player join this game? i have a friend who will be taking the brutii.

His nick his: Luigiman
mail: luissilva1982@sapo.pt

he can join the game if he wants

Monarch
06-05-2006, 18:30
Lol, I thought we wern;t having any romans and now we have two?

RickFGS
06-05-2006, 18:32
Very well, he wants, thks for that. Will there be peace between greece and brutti now? Thus this suit you best?

Monarch
06-05-2006, 18:36
Very well, he wants, thks for that. Will there be peace between greece and brutti now? Thus this suit you best?

Well obviously I couldn't do anything until a war with Macedon had finished anyway. I do not believe i'll be able to take down brutti, I'd much rather ally, plus I won't get invaded like if it was AI playing. I'd like peace, i'll settle for the Scipii land on Sicily, if you agree?

RickFGS
06-05-2006, 18:38
Very well, i agree, Luigiman agrees also. We will be going for north then.

UltraWar
06-05-2006, 18:38
does this Luigiman have a account on the .org?
if he doesn't.... can he register one as it'd make things much easier via diplomatics

Monarch
06-05-2006, 18:39
In addition to non agression, Brutii be entering the Order?

If so, I would like to request some assistance in the war vs Macedon. Brutii can easily transport troops to aid me in the war, I cannot allow him any provinces. However, once we win that war, I will divert my attention to the north, I will not take any cities just troops to swell your ranks. In addition, I will grant Brutii 2000 denarri to help me against Macedon. 500 denarri after the he sends some troops and firstly engages Macedon, and then at the end of the war when his and my own troops have conquered Macedon I will give him 1500 denarri.

So yeah, I'll pay him, and I'll support your advances against Gaul, Germania and Britannia.

kburkert
06-05-2006, 18:46
North is where you will meet your grave.

Monarch
06-05-2006, 18:50

Yup, watch out the might of rome, the mudhut men are gunna throw sticks at you!

UltraWar
06-05-2006, 18:51
South is where you will meet your grave

RickFGS
06-05-2006, 18:55

North is cheese and we romans love cheese, Luigiman will be registering later and replying here in the forum. Not here right now.

kburkert
06-05-2006, 19:06
You stand with them yet their original attention was to destroy the romans, why would you aid them when they are gonna stab you in the back.

Myrddraal
06-05-2006, 19:06
Well I must say, Roman, you have been very aggressive towards the Compact, despite the fact that your own alliance have made their own aggressive intentions known. They have checked for now, knowing that two well led Roman factions are dangerous to cowards, but they will turn their attentions to you when you are weak.

We offered you rights of trade, and you spat at our feet. We should have known not to expect better from a Roman!

So be it! You are in a vulnerable position, and throwing insults at those who declared themselves neutral to you is foolish in the extreme.

I have one last word for you - you would better off standing alone as a separate alliance of Romans than with traitors at your back. I ask you to look into the treatment of the Iberians by the members of the alliance you are proposing to join, and reconsider your position. We may yet be merciful.

RickFGS
06-05-2006, 19:11
We romans spit on your treaties and your barbarian words, we have been talking with Legio I centurians and they have transmitted to me their questions regarding your weak factions "Are we there yet?"

Edited by Myrddraal - even though this is in character, please keep the language civilised, also corrected some typos :smile:

Monarch
06-05-2006, 19:12
You stand with them yet their original attention was to destroy the romans, why would you aid them when they are gonna stab you in the back.

Your original intention was to destroy brittainia, are you intending to stab the Britons in the back then?

The Romans can help me in Macedon and I can help them in central europe. We both can help each other, it would not be in our interests to backstab.

RickFGS
06-05-2006, 19:13
"People should know when they are conquered" so Luigi tell me on the phone, (Laughing out loud)

Myrddraal
06-05-2006, 19:14
We have said all we have to say - your aggressive behavior and angry outbursts mearly display your lack of character. Our dealings with you are over, consider all that I have said an think of your future.

kburkert
06-05-2006, 19:15
Yes that was my plan, but that was before we made the alliance.

RickFGS
06-05-2006, 19:22
Your actions took us out of peace and put us into war, your words of arrogance dictacte my answers, better to have an known enemy then to be given money to someone whose sole plans are to destroy us. All your false staments shall have the same fate as your * faction.

Edit by Myrddraal - I've already had to edit one of your posts Rick, please don't make me warn you. Swearing is not allowed at the .org

RickFGS
06-05-2006, 19:25

Your intentions are different? i dont believe it. We ar efar away from you, worrie about others.

Monarch
06-05-2006, 19:25
Yes that was my plan, but that was before we made the alliance.

So you'll understand then that we planned to take out the Romans, before we made the alliance and before they where human controlled.

kburkert
06-05-2006, 19:28
Rick control your language, this is only roleplay.

RickFGS
06-05-2006, 19:31
Language, what did i said? Many sorries if i seemed offensive, im being sportive about all this, i like this cat and mousse talk ;) I trust you are all good players and im excited to see what i can learn.

kburkert
06-05-2006, 19:33
just try not to use words like *. Your faction will fall under the power of the barbs.

Edited by Myrddraal

UltraWar
06-05-2006, 19:34
just try not to use words like *. Your faction will fall under the power of the barbs.

i have to agree with kburkert here... RickFGS, Overconfidence killed the Roman

RickFGS
06-05-2006, 19:36
ups, i agree with that i seemed to have gone over the top there, was all on sportive spirit i assure. Im not english speaking person so what i say may be missinterpreted. My apologies

RickFGS
06-05-2006, 19:38
As for the barbs, Rome does need a few heads on a pikes to lighten up Via Apia, will try to satisfy the citizens wishes asap.

Glaucus
06-05-2006, 20:34
Noble Romans, all I have to say is this, and it is bona fide from the bottom of my heart: Carthage made an agreement with me, then when we spanish had committed ourselves with them they turned on Iberia and edited the treaty to suit them. Watch your back, they won't want you to grow too powerful, and it wouldn't suprise me if they attacked with 10 years of the start.

RickFGS
06-05-2006, 20:43
Your information as been stored on the senate archives and will be processed in the proper time, you are also trying to divide us...Divide to conquer - military maximum.

Myrddraal
06-05-2006, 20:46
It is a historical fact, check the General diplomatic thread.

RickFGS
06-05-2006, 20:54
Yep ;) Its a caos...

Luigiman
06-05-2006, 23:18
Hello Everyone, im Luigiman!

I must say this alliance has some intriguing points!

My first reply is for Greeks. I can assist you in your quest, but i dont want money, i want simply what i conquer!! I will not spend my troops and money so you can take macedon lands and give me 1500!! Give me a break, i can send a large army to the greek land and assist you, but i keep what i take, no less, no more!!
Besides, without Rome support in the macedon war you will be very busy, and probably very dead!!
I have played with greeks and macedon, and i consider them the best factions, but if you stand alone against macedon, dont know...
Reply to my offer!!
A bit of advise to my allies, be constructive and dont even think about attacking Rome Land, because it will your last thought!!

Edit by Myrddraal: I just ran a quick spell check.

RickFGS
06-06-2006, 14:12
As you guys can see, the 3 roman factions are now a small group, we intend to stay part of this great alliance - Oder of The Eagle - and intend to fullfill any commitments made here, howhever, we must clarify a general strategy, we need to hear the intentions of Ultramar, Monarch and Shadowarmy...

Carthage - you will no doubt take afrika first, then you are free to choose another objective, spain would be a logical target, can you clarify us (Roman Republic) on this?

Greece-Reply to Luigiman since he wil be the one must in contact with you

Egypt-If the Scipii will have peace in sycily from greece and carthage armies, they will be ready to assist you against seleucides, howhever, because of the large distances and the danger of a direct hit on the italian peninsula this must be all made very clear.....

In general, Carthage and Greece seemed to want to share italian mainland (maybe they still do) but now thats not possible, since Luigiman will take Brutii and QuickSilver Scipii - they are both good players and i doubt you ll be able to overrun them easily...so i propose negotiations take place again.

Monarch
06-06-2006, 16:07
Hello Everyone, im Luigiman!

I must say this alliance has some intriguing points!

My first reply is for Greeks. I can assist you in your quest, but i dont want money, i want simply what i conquer!! I will not spend my troops and money so you can take macedon lands and give me 1500!! Give me a break, i can send a large army to the greek land and assist you, but i keep what i take, no less, no more!!
Besides, without Rome support in the macedon war you will be very busy, and probably very dead!!
I have played with greeks and macedon, and i consider them the best factions, but if you stand alone against macedon, dont know...
Reply to my offer!!
A bit of advise to my allies, be constructive and dont even think about attacking Rome Land, because it will your last thought!!

Edit by Myrddraal: I just ran a quick spell check.

This is a very unfair statement from the Roman Republic. It was just yesterday the Julii lectured me on how only Romans would be on the Italian peninsula, well only Greeks then should be on our peninsula. The Romans have already declared their intentions to go north, please do not withdraw this. You have already said I can't have Brutii lands (ooc.this was back when it was AI), then you say I cannot have the Scipii city on Sicily, now you say you must have cities near Greece too?

I acknowledge now, however, I must make it more worth your while, how about 10,000 dennari which will be paid in a turnly tribute after Macedon is destroyed. 10,000 is enough to raise and maintain a full stack that, combined with my armies, can destroy the kingdom of Macedon.

What say you to this revised offer?

UltraWar
06-06-2006, 17:02
As you guys can see, the 3 roman factions are now a small group, we intend to stay part of this great alliance - Oder of The Eagle - and intend to fullfill any commitments made here, howhever, we must clarify a general strategy, we need to hear the intentions of Ultramar, Monarch and Shadowarmy...

Carthage - you will no doubt take afrika first, then you are free to choose another objective, spain would be a logical target, can you clarify us (Roman Republic) on this?

In general, Carthage and Greece seemed to want to share italian mainland (maybe they still do) but now thats not possible, since Luigiman will take Brutii and QuickSilver Scipii - they are both good players and i doubt you ll be able to overrun them easily...so i propose negotiations take place again.

I will obviously be after Africa and will be after as well...
I have no intention to attack the Scipii region of Messana which is on the island of Italy. I also do not want any of the Italian mainland as i honour all your gracious offers

RickFGS
06-06-2006, 17:36
I will obviously be after Africa and will be after as well...
I have no intention to attack the Scipii region of Messana which is on the island of Italy. I also do not want any of the Italian mainland as i honour all your gracious offers

This will suit the Republic of Rome.

kburkert
06-06-2006, 18:31
Roman lands will be ours.

TheQuickSilver
06-06-2006, 18:36
Hello, i just wanna say that we wish for peace on the beginning.
Carthage seems to be our ally.

Good game to all!

Monarch
06-06-2006, 18:36

So you've said.

OOC. Mate, no offence, we welcome other alliances to pop into here and have a bit of barter, but just coming and saying that is kinda pointless IMO.

kburkert
06-06-2006, 18:43
Well dont be allied to such a week culture that will take you lands in short time, oh wait you wont have lands to be taken because they belong to us.

Monarch
06-06-2006, 18:44
Well dont be allied to such a week culture that will take you lands in short time, oh wait you wont have lands to be taken because they belong to us.

Wow, replying to an OOC comment in character..thats...odd.

Anyway, keep the trash talk coming...its really effective me you see, personally I'm hiding behind my chair every time you type.

kburkert
06-06-2006, 18:46
You will be during the campaign, trust me.

UltraWar
06-06-2006, 19:00
All Your Base Are Belong To US!

Silver Rusher
06-06-2006, 19:02
All Your Base Are Belong To US!
lol

kburkert
06-06-2006, 19:03
ultra you plan to take germania.

Silver Rusher
06-06-2006, 19:05
That's wouldn't exactly be plausible, considering how far away Ultra is.

UltraWar
06-06-2006, 19:05
My faction has no intention of taking over germania...

The Romans would find it hard to take it over because histroically: They never took it over: but lightning nevers strikes the same place twice

RickFGS
06-06-2006, 19:08
Germania seems to be a lovely place to visit, Ceaser as already express his admiration for the lovely landscape and he wishes to build his spring palace there, of course germania citizens will be used as slaves on this magnificent construction, they will be even proud to work under the wip.

kburkert
06-06-2006, 19:10
Germania rules the barbarian world and soon roman and greek worlds or you could submit to my rule and fight when ever i call.

Silver Rusher
06-06-2006, 19:10
Germania seems to be a lovely place to visit, Ceaser as already express his admiration for the lovely landscape and he wishes to build his spring palace there, of course germania citizens will be used as slaves on this magnificent construction, they will be even proud to work under the wip.
Caesar? Know you nothing about the history of Rome?

RickFGS
06-06-2006, 19:11
He isnt born yet, but his mind is already speaking to us.... So we must obey and prepare for his coming, the palace must be ready in time.

kburkert
06-06-2006, 19:14
your men wont even be able to handle germanias brute citizens, they are naturally powerful, plus you wont even make it past gaul.

Silver Rusher
06-06-2006, 19:15
He isnt born yet, but his mind is already speaking to us.... So we must obey and prepare for his coming, the palace must be ready in time.
roflmao :laugh4: :laugh3:

RickFGS
06-06-2006, 19:20
your men wont even be able to handle germanias brute citizens, they are naturally powerful, plus you wont even make it past gaul.

That cannot be, we have already started to share your lands along our nobleman. Your personal house was assigned as stable for my horse.

Silver Rusher
06-06-2006, 19:22
I think this trash talk is going a bit too far now, you are putting a barbaric nature on your own factions! Sure, it is alright to insult other factions but this is insane.

RickFGS
06-06-2006, 19:25
I think this trash talk is going a bit too far now, you are putting a barbaric nature on your own factions! Sure, it is alright to insult other factions but this is insane.

IC: lol, insane are the organization in your armies, they will have to learn disciple at the hands of another, more advanced culture....

RickFGS
06-06-2006, 19:29
Wow, replying to an OOC comment in character..thats...odd.

Anyway, keep the trash talk coming...its really effective me you see, personally I'm hiding behind my chair every time you type.

lol he he he

Silver Rusher
06-06-2006, 19:35
I was talking OOC, why did you reply in character?

Myrddraal
06-06-2006, 19:37
Out of character:
I have to agree guys - the constant stream of "You guys suck! We will pwn U!" Is getting tiring. Lets try to keep diplomacy eloquent - or else we'll find that serious proposals will be met with "Yeah, but we're going to kill you real bad!"

RickFGS
06-06-2006, 19:41
Out of character:
I have to agree guys - the constant stream of "You guys suck! We will pwn U!" Is getting tiring. Lets try to keep diplomacy eloquent - or else we'll find that serious proposals will be met with "Yeah, but we're going to kill you real bad!"

IC: Your words show your cowordness, the senate as instructed a band of our children to be sent on an expedition with the purpose of raiding and must important the raping of briton women.

Silver Rusher
06-06-2006, 19:45
IC: Your words show your cowordness, the senate as instructed a band of our children to be sent on an expedition with the purpose of raiding and must important the raping of briton women.
IF YOU KEEP REPLYING TO OOC COMMENTS WITH IC RESPONSES, I WILL CONSIDER ASKING MYRDDRAAL TO THROW YOU OUT OF THE GAME. THERE ARE TOO MANY PLAYERS AS IT STANDS.~:pissed:

RickFGS
06-06-2006, 19:46
OOC: lol ok dude, dont get up, wanst me....

Monarch
06-06-2006, 19:48
This is a very unfair statement from the Roman Republic. It was just yesterday the Julii lectured me on how only Romans would be on the Italian peninsula, well only Greeks then should be on our peninsula. The Romans have already declared their intentions to go north, please do not withdraw this. You have already said I can't have Brutii lands (ooc.this was back when it was AI), then you say I cannot have the Scipii city on Sicily, now you say you must have cities near Greece too?

I acknowledge now, however, I must make it more worth your while, how about 10,000 dennari which will be paid in a turnly tribute after Macedon is destroyed. 10,000 is enough to raise and maintain a full stack that, combined with my armies, can destroy the kingdom of Macedon.

What say you to this revised offer?

I would like to revise this offer once more.

I am willing to let our honourable Roman allies settle on our peninsula. However the people of Greece don't want to engage in a race for cities for you, of course, we are allies, let us to this properly. Let us share out cities. As our capital is in the South we would like to keep the south under our control, so we would like Sparta, Athens, Thermon, Thesalonica and Larissa.

Meanwhile to people of Rome would take Apllonia, Bylazora and Byzantium.

(Note: Holding Byazantium is a goal of the Order, you to have an honour as to have it under your control)

Myrddraal
06-06-2006, 19:48
It's just that these threads weren't made to be a stream of insults. Of course you may want to tease your opponents from time to time, but the main purpose of these threads is for diplomacy - if we keep insulting one another all the time, we will forget the diplomacy completely. As it is you've already made a lot of enemies.

EDIT: Lets keep this on-topic from now on. A good place to start would be to discuss Monarch's proposal.

RickFGS
06-06-2006, 19:53
Im just enjoying myself and everyone can see from my replys that im mearling joking, but i agree with you myrdall, ill stop it, of course if a spicyy provocation comes along i would have t answer, in a sportive spirit always ;)

Greece, i´m not taking brutti, Luigiman will be here later i think to answer you, but as you say seems nice...

Monarch
06-06-2006, 20:04
Suggested Strategies For the Order

IMO we need to be aware of each others plans and orchestrate them accordingly. (OOC. I'm not a great SP player, so please debate and suggest better ideas)

Initial ideas have been PMd.

Thoughts guys?

Silver Rusher
06-06-2006, 20:14
My thoughts are that our secret plans almost completely undermine yours. You should start thinking a bit more strategically, instead of just each faction attacking whoever is closest.

For example, Carthage has little to no military power on Iberia. The time it would take for reinforcements to arrive would leave ample time for the Iberians/Gauls to take Corduba. With proper strengthening the Iberians and Gauls could strengthen Corduba so much that even when the reinforcements do arrive, they don't stand a chance.

I would like to make this a fair game and I want all players to think laterally about it. This is no war against the AI, your opponents are just as smart as you ;) If everyone plays the game very strategically it should turn out to be very fun.

UltraWar
06-06-2006, 20:21
My thoughts are that our secret plans almost completely undermine yours. You should start thinking a bit more strategically, instead of just each faction attacking whoever is closest.

For example, Carthage has little to no military power on Iberia. The time it would take for reinforcements to arrive would leave ample time for the Iberians/Gauls to take Corduba. With proper strengthening the Iberians and Gauls could strengthen Corduba so much that even when the reinforcements do arrive, they don't stand a chance.

I would like to make this a fair game and I want all players to think laterally about it. This is no war against the AI, your opponents are just as smart as you ;) If everyone plays the game very strategically it should turn out to be very fun.

Silver Rusher, you truly underestimate my forces in Iberia.
I have knowledge about Iberia and so I will not fall into any traps.
I know that Corbuda will be under heavy threat... even could be conquered... but while you focus on Corbuda, i'll focus on Iberia's west coast.
This might strange, but it isn't if you think logically.
The Gauls could help the Iberians but something tells me that the Spanish have been granted Numatia which means that the Spanish own the Iberian Peninsular except my provence which i intend to protect.
Also Seleucian... you will need to watch your back as you will need to be careful and not over-ambitious.

Silver Rusher
06-06-2006, 20:27
In fact, I have no reason to suspect that I am under threat because of what is possibly the biggest mistake the Order has made so far (only I and Myrddraal actually know what this is so I shall not reveal)

Monarch
06-06-2006, 20:30
(only I and Myrddraal actually know what this is so I shall not reveal)

Oh please, do tell, the suspense is killing me ~:rolleyes:

OOC. Lol! Whats with all the people gloating "I know something you don't know but I'm not telling so haha"

Silver Rusher
06-06-2006, 20:50
Lol, I was the first person to do that wasn't I?

RickFGS
06-06-2006, 21:08
It seems the Pan-Persia and The Germano-English alliances are indeed one alliance not two, so strategically speaking they will just come from both directions towords the center powers - Rome, Greece and Carthage, just look at the map guys and this is pretty clear, so as this as just been revelad, the Roman Republic alliance shall be naming these two alliances as one alliance only, since it is really what it is, the name choosen shall be "The weak factions pact"

Silver Rusher
06-06-2006, 21:10
Weak factions? This is ignorant, for the two strongest factions on the map will soon belong to us.

RickFGS
06-06-2006, 21:13
Everyone else is stronger than you, so i think that by that you´re referring to armenia and thrace perhaps?

Silver Rusher
06-06-2006, 21:15
Everyone else is stronger than you, so i think that by that you´re referring to armenia and thrace perhaps?
I would have expected that an ignorant roman would be consistently unable to "read between the lines".

RickFGS
06-06-2006, 21:16
Sorry you talking about Numidia and Sycthia, how foolish of me.

Silver Rusher
06-06-2006, 21:17
Your stupidity shall be the cause of your eventual downfall.

RickFGS
06-06-2006, 21:18
I only hope that when i fall, it will be over your cities, their citizens wont like i though.

General_Sun
06-07-2006, 03:12
OOC: ROFLCOPTER

IC: Monarch, I OBJECT! That is all your honor.

OOC: Why are you guys making your treaties and proposals in open threads? It's not that great if everyone knows everything...

shadowarmy75
06-07-2006, 21:18
We have nothing to fear. We have the strongest factions and we all border the Meditteranean, making us rich from trade, and able to take on anybody we wish to.

RickFGS
06-07-2006, 21:20
Rome invites those who which to earn some more denarii to accept a trade agreement.

Glaucus
06-07-2006, 22:20
Tell me Romans, where will your trade ships sail since no other people on the shores of the Med. is willing to trade with you? Doesn't sound like you'll be very wealthy after all.

RickFGS
06-07-2006, 22:37
You seem to be very missinformed, all the mediterrenean will be trading with Rome, Carthage, Greece and Egypt, as for You Spain, who do you have on the med shores? tell me i´m curious...I sugest you spend some time anylising the situation, perhaps a little look at the map maybe...our propostion is more then fair...test me...and will make an offer less advantagous to spain...

Glaucus
06-07-2006, 22:44
Excuse me, I was missinformed. I should check over the map and double check that the Julii start with two settlements, for I am uncertain. I should also check and make sure that your allies are not spread out all over the map, otherwise they may be easy pickings. I'll go check right now.

RickFGS
06-07-2006, 23:10
recheck and recheck, our allies are much closer to us. Our offer of trade stands.

Shadows
06-08-2006, 00:41
recheck and recheck, our allies are much closer to us. Our offer of trade stands.

Closer to you than me?? Before your allies can come to your aid the Gallic Warlords shall be drinking mead out of goblets made of Romans skulls. As for your trading, its shall not be so profitable once my ships have blockaded every port on Italy and my armies are beseiging all of the "great" Roman cities.

Ignoramus
06-08-2006, 01:09
I have faith that the Gauls shall hold. Why if you're lucky you may see a German horde or two as well...

Shadows
06-08-2006, 03:03
I have faith that the Gauls shall hold. Why if you're lucky you may see a German horde or two as well...

Your faith is noted, and appreciated. Its is also taken to be the true, as i will make it so. As for the Germans, I pity the fellow who has to put up with their phalanzes and screeching women. Like an army of nightmares, they shall ride forth, conquesting all of the peoples in their path. Their expansion shall be second only to the Gauls themselves. Even the Britains shall not be able to expand at so hasty a rate.

RickFGS
06-08-2006, 07:35
Your faith is noted, and appreciated. Its is also taken to be the true, as i will make it so. As for the Germans, I pity the fellow who has to put up with their phalanzes and screeching women. Like an army of nightmares, they shall ride forth, conquesting all of the peoples in their path. Their expansion shall be second only to the Gauls themselves. Even the Britains shall not be able to expand at so hasty a rate.

No coments.

Monarch
06-08-2006, 15:57

OOC.Mate your opinions on game decisions and such are most welcome, but perhaps leave out joining in the role play considering you're not actually playing.

IC. Hmm, no allies to trade with? You do realise every alliance member has mediterranean (sp) ports? Meanwhile only Gauls, Iberians and possibly Macedonians hold ports for the CE.

Myrddraal
06-08-2006, 16:01
If you cannot even count the nations amassed against you, then perhaps I can excuse your ignorant refusal to admit defeat. We shall have to introduce your people to education when they finally submit to us.

Monarch
06-08-2006, 16:04
If you cannot even count the nations amassed against you, then perhaps I can excuse your ignorant refusal to admit defeat. We shall have to introduce your people to education when they finally submit to us.

Ok, OOC here, I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say. "If you cannot...the nations ammassed etc". Whats all that about? :inquisitive:

Myrddraal
06-08-2006, 16:07
OOC: Germania and Brittannia have ports, you missed me out - hence the 'you can't count your enemies' comment. Otherwise the rest was just fluff.

Monarch
06-08-2006, 16:26
OOC: Germania and Brittannia have ports, you missed me out - hence the 'you can't count your enemies' comment. Otherwise the rest was just fluff.

OOC. Ah ok cool, but I was actually reffering to med ports, sorry for not being clear.

shadowarmy75
06-09-2006, 02:10
The Seleucid Empire is quick to make war and will soon fall under our alliance. They have refused neutrality and choose destruction instead.

Silver Rusher
06-09-2006, 07:22
We shall see who is the victor in this war. Our factions are the two most balanced and so it shall be a mere test of strategic skill for each. May the better leader win.

RickFGS
06-09-2006, 11:22
After much deliberation The Republic of Rome as come to a conclusion, the Podium will be: 1st-Julii 2st-Luigiman 3st-QuickSilver

Shadows
06-09-2006, 12:39
1st, 2nd and 3rd losers?????
Or are you debating about which Roman family you would like Gauk(me) to take out first?? Because then you have the order almost right.

RickFGS
06-09-2006, 12:45
he he he Dont make me get angry shadows, your gauls shall taste the bitter defeat at the point of my gladius steel. Our campaign will be ruthless....our determination unstoppable and our advance...shall make the earth itself tremble.

Shadows
06-09-2006, 19:03
he he he Dont make me get angry shadows, your gauls shall taste the bitter defeat at the point of my gladius steel. Our campaign will be ruthless....our determination unstoppable and our advance...shall make the earth itself tremble.

Yes, you shall make the Earth tremble, as you are plowing up my fields that is. Your steel is not something to be afraid of, our arrows can pierce your men's hearts, before their steel is of any good.

UltraWar
06-21-2006, 22:37
[lyrics by UltraWar - Based on the original Lyrics by Buggles]

I heard you boasting your achivements back in 270,
Lying awake intent on destroying you.
If I was foolish I would have fallen through.

Oh-a oh

You took the credit for my heroic victory.
Rewritten by Diplomatics and new technology,
and now you understand the problems I had faced.

Oh-a oh

I met your children
Oh-a oh

What did you tell them?
The Order conquered the known world.

Defeat came and broke your heart.
Oh-a-a-a oh

And now we meet in a epic battlefield.
We hear the warcrys and it seems so long ago.
And you remember how the battle used to go.

Oh-a oh

You were the first one.
Oh-a oh

You were the last one.

In my mind and on my elephant, we can't rewind we've gone to far
Oh-a-aho oh,
Oh-a-aho oh

In my mind and on my elephant, we can't rewind we've gone to far.
Defeat came and broke your heart, put the blame on your betrayal.

You are a General.
You are a Leader.

The Order conquered the known world. (You are a legend.)

Glaucus
06-21-2006, 23:16
can you PLEASE record that and make into a MP3? I NEED it on my iPod.

RickFGS
06-21-2006, 23:38
Loooooooooooollll

I just cant get the song out of my head now, damm.

UltraWar
06-22-2006, 15:48
I will record a mp3 version of these lyrics ASAP