PDA

View Full Version : MP Campaign: The Compact of Europa

Myrddraal
06-04-2006, 19:16
https://img130.imageshack.us/img130/6366/europa7uc.gif

The Compact of Europa

This thread is for The Compact of Europa - An alliance and the rights of trade exist between Britannia, Germania, Macedon, Gaul and Iberia. In times of war and conquest these nations will stand shoulder to shoulder.

This alliance includes the Germano-British pact.

Members:

Britannia
Germania
Macedon
Gaul
Iberia (spain)

-------------

Myrddraal
06-04-2006, 19:26
On behalf of Britannia and Germania, I would like to make a formal offer of alliance to the people of Macedon:

It is well known that the "Great Alliance" means to attack and attempt to overwhelm you. If you need more confirmation of this, simply look in the Great Alliance thread.

Britannia and Germania would like to offer you support, wether military or monetary, to counter the threat posed by Mediterranean dominance by the Great Alliance. I am sure that you can see the benefit of forming this new alliance. The Great Alliance has made it's selfish intentions clear, they must be stopped.

Myrddraal
06-04-2006, 19:37
I understand the the player for Macedon has dropped out. Should anyone wish to take their place, the offer stands.

General_Sun
06-04-2006, 19:55
On behalf of the Emperor of Macedon, The Sun Accepts!

May the Sun shine eternally on the Black (Macedon is black in game) nation!

Monarch
06-04-2006, 20:05
Sorry to invade your thread,

Sun, I know you have Macedon but I would like to propose a trade. Personally I enjoy the use of cavalry rather than the infantry dominant Greeks. However still like a phalanx so Macedons an ideal faction. However it was taken when I first signed up to this, as was Greek Cities (best alternative) so I went Armenia. The Greeks became open so I took them. Had I been online I'd have grabbed Macedon but it seems you beat me to it, would it be possible for me to play Macedon and you take Greek cities? They have similar positions so you can still be in this alliance and I'll still be in the other.

We'll just play different faction. Would this be possible?

General_Sun
06-04-2006, 20:23
Sorry to invade your thread,

Sun, I know you have Macedon but I would like to propose a trade. Personally I enjoy the use of cavalry rather than the infantry dominant Greeks. However still like a phalanx so Macedons an ideal faction. However it was taken when I first signed up to this, as was Greek Cities (best alternative) so I went Armenia. The Greeks became open so I took them. Had I been online I'd have grabbed Macedon but it seems you beat me to it, would it be possible for me to play Macedon and you take Greek cities? They have similar positions so you can still be in this alliance and I'll still be in the other.

We'll just play different faction. Would this be possible?

Sorry Monarch, but the alliance says I shouldn't. :dizzy2:

Myrddraal
06-04-2006, 20:26
We never did :no: It's your choice Sun, but I'd like you to stay.

UltraWar
06-04-2006, 20:28
the switch of factions will not effect the players who are playing them's original alliance.... but you would need to swich the Macedon entries with Greek Cities and vice versa

it's up to you General_Sun.... which do you prefer?

Monarch
06-04-2006, 20:31

Well tbh, if I was Greece I'd want to take Macedon and if I was Macedon I'd want to take Greece. So either way you should still be in the alliance and I should still be in TGA.

General_Sun
06-04-2006, 20:33
I think I'll stay. Macedon is in a stronger position than the Greeks, I say good luck to you and keep your defenses in Syracuse up! You'll need it.

Glaucus
06-04-2006, 23:10
Fellow celtic brothers. I come to you with an offer. There are 4 clear members of this pact now: Macedon, Brittania, Germania and Gaul. Since I have an agreement with Gaul, The Non-Agreesion Pact of Numantia I would like to strech out my hand to befriend you as well. My fight will be to the south, with Carthage and Numidia, so I see no reason for us to fight. In addition, I will agree to give the People of Brittania safe passage through my lands and surronding waterways, as you are isolated from our common enemies. I hope to join this Alliance, so that we can kill 'civilized' people together.

Myrddraal
06-05-2006, 00:00
On behalf of the Compact of Europa, we would be honoured to have you amongst the ranks of our united front. We shall not dishonour you as the crumbling so-called 'great' alliance has done.

:bow:

My msn:
mad_toad@hotmail.com

Shadows
06-05-2006, 00:06
And thus Gaul has arrived. Let us of the Compact of Europa alliance crush our "civilized" neighbors. Especially those pesky "Great Aliiance" nations.

General_Sun
06-05-2006, 00:16
The Sun of Macedonia, Son of Alexander, gives welcome to our new brothers.

Glaucus
06-05-2006, 00:39
Thank you for your gracious welcome. Let us destroy these foriegners and protect what is ours. My MSN is darth_glaucus@hotmail.com Communication is important.

Myrddraal
06-05-2006, 12:31
Fellows, I have added the symbol of Europa to the top of this thread.

Myrddraal
06-05-2006, 17:36
Allies: The Order of the Eagle (until recently known as the Great Alliance) are in disarray. They bicker amonst themselves about the spoils of war. We must relieve them of their problems! Let us take all their provinces for ourselves :laugh4:

kburkert
06-05-2006, 17:47
Italy will be ours alone (i mean the alliance not mine).

Myrddraal
06-05-2006, 17:48
Agreed noble German King, their bickering is useless. They should argue about where they should flee, not where they should conquer.

RickFGS
06-05-2006, 19:32
Rome will tax your citizens, you should start saving, it wont be light.

Shadows
06-05-2006, 23:03
Thou surely jest. My Galic warriors flee not at such an empty threat. Defeating the brave Gauls should not be a task lightly undertaken. For we are strong alone, and yet we have fellow warriors to stand beside us and die for thye Compact, to which we are bound, if need be. The walls of Rome are not enough to slow the tide of warriors that shall issue forth from the dark forests of our homelands. Forests that have already swallowed many a Roman "man".

Luigiman
06-05-2006, 23:31
What a joke, beware because the might of Rome is getting bigger! Be affraid... be very affraid!!

Myrddraal
06-05-2006, 23:33
Another Roman spraying spittle as he rages against the cruel fates who have decided his doom.

Ignore him fellows

(Out of character: Welcome to the .org Luigiman :thumbsup: Happy gaming.)

Shadows
06-06-2006, 01:31
What a joke, beware because the might of Rome is getting bigger! Be affraid... be very affraid!!

Why should those of Gallic descent fear, when they coupled with their brethern, the strong Celts, the brave Iberians, the heroic Germanic peoples, the painted warriors of Brittannia and those of Macedonian descent are bound together in the quest to conquer and overthrow those who claim to be the best, but in reality are merely those who have taken advantage of more peopls than can be counted.

RickFGS
06-06-2006, 06:53
Why should those of Gallic descent fear, when they coupled with their brethern, the strong Celts, the brave Iberians, the heroic Germanic peoples, the painted warriors of Brittannia and those of Macedonian descent are bound together in the quest to conquer and overthrow those who claim to be the best, but in reality are merely those who have taken advantage of more peopls than can be counted.

hu...correction..."the dead celts, the dead iberian, the heroic but nevertheless dead germanic, the nearfuture dead britannia and the sooodead macedonian"

Silver Rusher
06-06-2006, 07:16
Ha! Romans think that they can conquer all these virtuous people who are going to team up and destroy them...

You won't receive any help from carthage or egypt, that's for sure.

Ignoramus
06-06-2006, 07:29
The Compact of Europa will win. They have the unity the other alliances are lacking. By working together to achieve a common goal, they will be assured of victory. Also, there alliance if much more compact, so they can assist each other more easily. Their diplomats can distribute funds in order to help members of their alliance who are under pressure. Even the most loyal of generals can be "persuaded" for a sum.

RickFGS
06-06-2006, 07:31
Rome wasnt build in a day....

RickFGS
06-06-2006, 07:32
The Compact of Europa will win. They have the unity the other alliances are lacking. By working together to achieve a common goal, they will be assured of victory. Also, there alliance if much more compact, so they can assist each other more easily. Their diplomats can distribute funds in order to help members of their alliance who are under pressure. Even the most loyal of generals can be "persuaded" for a sum.

The coin as two sides, its face can easily be turned...

General_Sun
06-06-2006, 11:06
The Compact will stand strong against any foe.

You naive Romans, you believe that the Carthaginians will leave you alone? Where will you expand? Where will they expand? Or will you just stagnate and rot? Victory is won on the battlefield, words are cheap.

Myrddraal
06-06-2006, 11:41
The following is a statement for all other alliances. If you wish for diplomatic talks, they must be arranged with us before-hand. Any diplomats in Compact lands without permission will be dealt with.

It is unfortunate that this must be so, but you have been warned.

Shadows
06-08-2006, 00:47
I second the above law. If a spy is sighted within my boundriess, rest assured that you shall not ever see the said spy again. Some story for both assassins and armies as well. Regardless of faction. You clear it up with me first or it dies. End of Story.

Glaucus
06-08-2006, 01:23
Cheers

Ignoramus
06-14-2006, 02:11
The Confederation of Thracian Tribes humbly request to join this alliance. Will you accept us?

Glaucus
06-14-2006, 19:20
You have my vote, though I would like to talk to you about strategy first.

Shadows
06-15-2006, 01:07
Thracian, those of the noble Gallic blood shall accept you into our Brotherhood, the Compact of Europa. Your People and Ours have similar bloodlines and such a truce is not to be unexpected amongst us. Welcome to the Compact Ignoramus.

Ignoramus
06-15-2006, 01:40
I thank you, Chief Shadows, we Celts must stick together!

Monarch
06-15-2006, 16:17
I thank you, Chief Shadows, we Celts must stick together!

Lets face it, you Thracians are just wannabe Greeks, I mean, get a real phalanx :juggle2:

Silver Rusher
06-15-2006, 19:55
Lets face it, you Thracians are just wannabe Greeks, I mean, get a real phalanx :juggle2:
But... you Greeks use hoplites! I mean, come on, how can you call that a real phalanx?

Monarch
06-15-2006, 20:07
But... you Greeks use hoplites! I mean, come on, how can you call that a real phalanx?

Greek Cities requests the ug men with the long pointy sticks (apparently they call them phalanxes) respects the fact that nobody can deny that our glorious Spartan Hoplites are the best warriors in the world.

RickFGS
06-15-2006, 20:13

Urr...greek hoplites are the real ones and the original, macedonian and seleucid are called "phalangites" because they use less armor and sarissas, long pikes, invented by Philip, father of Alexander, this is common knowledge yes?

Phalanx = 160 men width, first 3 rows fight the enemy, experienced soldiers requeried because of armor and fighting with large shield "hoplons".
Phalangites = 250 widt, first 5 rows fight the enemy, not so many experienced requeried (smaller shields strapped to arm) so the ranks could be replenished in few moths/years. Do to long quantity of sarrisas enemy incoming missles are deflected.

Glaucus
06-15-2006, 20:14
but Bull Warriors are sweet looking!

Silver Rusher
06-15-2006, 20:23
Urr...greek hoplites are the real ones and the original, macedonian and seleucid are called "phalangites" because they use less armor and sarissas, long pikes, invented by Philip, father of Alexander, this is common knowledge yes?

Phalanx = 160 men width, first 3 rows fight the enemy, experienced soldiers requeried.
Phalangites = 250 widt, first 5 rows fight the enemy, not so many experienced requeried so the ranks could be replenished in few moths/years. Do to long quantity of sarrisas enemy incoming missles are deflected.
Well I suppose you could say there are two types of phalanx really, the Macedonian phalanx and the Greek phalanx. Wasn't the Greek pike/spear held over-arm and the Macedonian sarissa held underarm, or am I getting mixed up?

Either way I can't be bothered with a historical discussion right now.

RickFGS
06-15-2006, 21:00
"Phalanx" is the word used to classify the sytle of fighting, since Hoplites and Phalangites all fight in the same basic design, they are both called Phalanx, the macedonian and seleucid are the later and more improved for "open" field battles, since the greek phalanx didnt required such long spears, battles between city states where held in valleys, the flanks protected by the harsh terrain itself (thus the creation of the phalanx itself derivates from an adaptation to the greek terrain).

The greek spear was strapped to the arm and was held by both hands, not just one, since the strenght required to manage effectively a long heavy spear cant be done with only one arm. This is equal in both hoplites and phalangites. The difference in the two is the "weight factor", macedonian phalangite required the use of less or lighter armor and smaller less weight shields allowing the soldier to yield his spear in effective manner because a sarissa is much heavier and long then a normal spear. To compensate for his "less armored troops", Philip instituted a 250 width long phalanx organitazion, making for numbers and range what he lost in individual "protection", allowing for the creation of an "army of the people" instead of just for "the trained elite" such as Spartan society.

RickFGS
06-15-2006, 21:11
but Bull Warriors are sweet looking!

That unit is excellent, and the scutarii is also a must, i hope their numbers arent that great once Rome reaches Iberia ;)

Glaucus
06-15-2006, 21:18
That unit is excellent, and the scutarii is also a must, i hope their numbers arent that great once Rome reaches Iberia ;)

*Or when Iberia reaches Rome :laugh4:

RickFGS
06-15-2006, 21:20
Ilusions are nice, but its what they are...only "ilusions" :)

General_Sun
06-16-2006, 00:09
Anyone thinks that we're a little too powerful? I mean 6 players.... That's almost half the number of players in the game. In my game I limited alliances to 4 players. But hey...

kburkert
06-16-2006, 10:30
Hoplites used over arm and most greek factions used them until alexander and his father chaged it to phalanx. RTW was not accurate in the Greek Factions.

Oh and Spartans arent that good.

Glaucus
06-16-2006, 19:05
(His avatar is a spartan...)

kburkert
06-16-2006, 21:09
i just changed my avatar.

RickFGS
06-16-2006, 22:02
greek and macedonian phalanx use the spear exactly on the same manner, except macedonian carry less "weight"/armor.

Greek Hoplite:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f3/Greek_hoplite.png

Macedonian Phalangites:
http://antika.avonet.cz/upload.cs/6/6b6fa614_b_0_phalangite.jpg

Glaucus
06-16-2006, 22:17
And phalanxes have longer spears then hoplites.

RickFGS
06-16-2006, 22:37
Noo..ah...whatever...lol

General_Sun
06-17-2006, 00:50
The Macedonians use a longer spear, thus they need to abandon some of their armor so that they can march effectively. But the longer spears are better at deflecting arrows so they dont' need as much armor.

And longer spears are just better in all cases, :P.

Shadows
06-17-2006, 00:51
Phalanx = 160 men width, first 3 rows fight the enemy, experienced soldiers requeried because of armor and fighting with large shield "hoplons".
Phalangites = 250 widt, first 5 rows fight the enemy, not so many experienced requeried (smaller shields strapped to arm) so the ranks could be replenished in few moths/years. Do to long quantity of sarrisas enemy incoming missles are deflected.

When you put it like that IMO the Phalangites look to be the better of the two. The phalangites can block incoming misslefire, hoplites cannot. The phalangites require less experince, making it easier to train a larger force of phalangites, much less time-consuming then training a unit of hoplites.Plus the phalangites has more men involved in the fighting at one time. Making them more powerful IMO. It appears to me that the phalangites beat the hoplites fairly easily.

General_Sun
06-17-2006, 01:04
And they did. Philip II used them to whip the Greeks butts.

Glaucus
06-17-2006, 04:16
unless its spartans vs levys, then spartans PWN

Monarch
06-17-2006, 08:06
And they did. Philip II used them to whip the Greeks butts.

Lightning never strikes twice :laugh4:

RickFGS
06-17-2006, 12:03
When you put it like that IMO the Phalangites look to be the better of the two. The phalangites can block incoming misslefire, hoplites cannot. The phalangites require less experince, making it easier to train a larger force of phalangites, much less time-consuming then training a unit of hoplites.Plus the phalangites has more men involved in the fighting at one time. Making them more powerful IMO. It appears to me that the phalangites beat the hoplites fairly easily.

Yep, thats exatcly what happend in history, thats why Phillip of MAcedonia conquered the Greeks, he improved the Phalanx, making it into a killing machine, possible to use on different fields.

The Phalangite is superior to the Ancient greek hoplites, but dont forget Phalangites came in around 350 BC, Hoplites where used by the Greeks in 600 BC or even before, they have a "few years" between them ;).

By this means, the Roman legion itself is an evolution of the Hispanian Scutarii (Since rome adoptaded the Gladius - iberian sword - and the use of the javellin, commom to iberian warfare), the only difference is that Rome perfected it with a long Shield and military organization.

Glaucus
06-17-2006, 16:17
You Romans are always copying us. Its no fair...

RickFGS
06-17-2006, 16:49
We are always perfecting things, to a higher level, a better one ;) Our legions will teach you the meaning of "evolution".

UltraWar
06-17-2006, 20:47
We are always perfecting things, to a higher level, a better one ;) Our legions will teach you the meaning of "evolution".
OOC: Evolution was invented by Darwin in 1800's.... not in 3rd Century B.C. ...

RickFGS
06-17-2006, 20:53
he he he , nice one ultra, you´re totally right.

Shadows
06-18-2006, 23:03
If you have nothing to say, then quit spamming the honourable thread designated for the Compact of Europa's using. We have important factions' downfalls to plot here if you don't mind, unlike you Romans we should be planing how to best prevent your downfall in the first 20 turns.

RickFGS
06-19-2006, 14:10
Your own warning for me not to spam, can be called spamming itself :)

General_Sun
06-19-2006, 20:29
Rick, just start the darn game already?

RickFGS
06-19-2006, 22:15
?? I dont have the save?
Do i have the save?

Wasnt my turn suposed to be played by Myrrdrall or Ultra and then sent to luigman?

RickFGS
06-19-2006, 22:20
Ok...I see this is all confused..if noone objects will try and get started this tommorrow and then ill send the save to shadowarmy75, ill make the list of factions in the script as it his in the list ultra posted in campus martius.

If i can get the script and game working tommorrow, today i havent the time.

General_Sun
06-20-2006, 00:13
Why does Ultra have to play for you? You go first, so go! And you have time to post but not to make 1 turn which takes what, 3 minutes? Come on...

Silver Rusher
06-20-2006, 17:46
I agree with General_Sun here. I am coming close to losing interest in this thing entirely.

RickFGS
06-20-2006, 19:48
Yep, its the export_descr_advice.txt that causes my RTW to crash, when i use another RTW exporti_descr_advice.txt it runs perfectly...please send me your export_descr_advice.txt silverrusher or glaucus and ill get the game going in no time.

mail:ricardogomes20@yahoo.com

RickFGS
06-20-2006, 19:49
Why does Ultra have to play for you? You go first, so go! And you have time to post but not to make 1 turn which takes what, 3 minutes? Come on...

this is not my fault, ive been waiting this 10 days for the quicksave as you guys, im trying to work this out and helping in anyway i can...so its really not my problem you see

Glaucus
06-20-2006, 20:25
I don't get what your waiting for... you start it don't you?

Ignoramus
06-20-2006, 23:40
What script are we using? I am very confused ATM.

Glaucus
06-20-2006, 23:43
Me too. Rick, did you get one to work and do your turn?

kburkert
06-21-2006, 18:07
Off Topic

kburkert
06-21-2006, 18:08
This is a diplomacy thread.

RickFGS
06-21-2006, 18:35
game started check game report thread people

kburkert
06-23-2006, 12:33
Finally but when is it gonna be my turn? [upset]