PDA

View Full Version : MP campaign: Pan Persian League (Eastern Alliance)

Silver Rusher
06-04-2006, 20:47
Henceforth shall be formed the Pan-Persian League (commonly known as the Eastern Alliance), a rival to the members of the Great Alliance. This League is formed on foundations of brotherhood and protection between members, on military unison and the destruction of common foes.

Members:
Pontus
Parthia
Seleucids

If the Armenians join the game as humans an offer may be sent to them as well regarding this, but not for certain.

Proposed Terms:
The Seleucid Empire shall not expand northwards.
There shall be constant military access between the members of the League.
Any war between a member and another faction will result in the League ending dealings with that faction, and instead the entire League will be at war with them.
Any betrayal upon another member of the League committed by a member shall be responded to with swift retaliation from all other members (this includes any breakage of the terms of the League).

Terms for the Black Sea treaty as proposed by Wishazu.
1) Pontus will expand westwards, south of the black sea and across the hellespont as far as possible without coming into conflict with our Allies in the Compact of Europa.
2) Parthia(Me) will move west to capture KOTAIS, thereby gaining access to the trade coming and going from the Black Sea.
3) Parthia will Expand northwestwards at the expense of the Scythians as far as possible without coming into conflict with our allies in the Compact of Europa.

General_Sun
06-04-2006, 20:59
A great military maxim reads, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

On behalf of the Compact of Europa, the rising sun of Macedonia extends the branch of peace and proclaims, "Until the Grand Alliance is done, there shall be peace between our people!"

http://images.oldhouseweb.com/stories/bitmaps/12750/branch1.jpg

May cordial relations always exist between us.

I offer to open our borders to trade and give a promise of non-agression until salt covers the farmlands of Carthage, Spain, Egypt, and Greece.

UltraWar
06-04-2006, 21:03

On behalf of the Compact of Europa, the rising sun of Macedonia extends the branch of peace and proclaims, "Until the Grand Alliance is done, there shall be peace between our people!"

I offer to open our borders to trade and give a promise of non-agression until salt covers the farmlands of Carthage, Spain, Egypt, and Greece.

hmm... this looks intresting.... i might have a problem... 2 of my entities are bordering the almighty Turko-Persian League.

I hope that i don't need to unleash my "secret weapon" if this deal goes through...

General_Sun
06-04-2006, 21:08
Thou Bluffths! If I were you UltraWar, I would watch out for Sicily, for a such a Grand Alliance it is full of nations whose words are just flimsy wind.

UltraWar
06-04-2006, 21:10
Thou Bluffths! If I were you UltraWar, I would watch out for Sicily, for a such a Grand Alliance it is full of nations whose words are just flimsy wind.

Words are cheap.

I wouldn't need to worry.... i have a cunning plan

Wishazu
06-04-2006, 21:10
By the blood of our fathers and the blood of our sons, we, the Parthians swear to uphold the terms of this alliance.

UltraWar
06-04-2006, 21:26
I will NOT personally declare war on you as i am not focused in the Middle East... but don't that means i wouldn't help my comrades if you unexpectally attack them.

I hope this game becomes more intresting....

Btw i've recruited a new player :2thumbsup: He will work for me!

Silver Rusher
06-04-2006, 21:29
Compact of Europa, we wish to collaborate with you upon the crushing of the Great Alliance. On the behalf of the Turko-Persian League we agree to your offer of peace and shall make further dealings with you once the great war begins.

Wishazu
06-04-2006, 22:05
To my Comrade in Arms AWESOME ARCHER I have a proposal regarding our expansion. In order for us to both expand peacefully as allies I propose that we head in different directions. We could call this a treaty I suppose.

In fact, lets call it the "Black Sea Treaty"
Terms:
1) Pontus will expand westwards, south of the black sea and across the hellespont as far as possible without coming into conflict with our Allies in the Compact of Europa.
2) Parthia(Me) will move west to capture KOTAIS, thereby gaining access to the trade coming and going from the Black Sea.
3) Parthia will Expand northwestwards at the expense of the Scythians as far as possible without coming into conflict with our allies in the Compact of Europa.
4) Should the Seleucids break the terms of the Turko-Persian League, most especially by expanding northwards, we both (Pontus and Parthia) will unite for common defence.

What say you?

Silver Rusher
06-04-2006, 22:07
4) Should the Seleucids break the terms of the Turko-Persian League, most especially by expanding northwards, we both (Pontus and Parthia) will unite for common defence.
I am offended! lol don't worry this will never happen :2thumbsup: This is covered by the original terms of the League anyway, so I won't include it.

I will post these proposed terms at the start of the thread.

Oh, and as for number 3, the Seleucids request that you help with the Egyptians before moving on with other plans.

Monarch
06-04-2006, 22:11

Its actually Great Alliance, not grand.

And it all seems nice I believe at least some of this honourable league's members will not attack us, not all alliances have been posted about :juggle2:

Anyway, General Sun, it seems you are scared of us, wanting to ally one pact with another, you have good reason too.

Silver Rusher
06-04-2006, 22:13
Its actually Great Alliance, not grand.

And it all seems nice I believe at least some of this honourable league's members will not attack us, not all alliances have been posted about :juggle2:

Anyway, General Sun, it seems you are scared of us, wanting to ally one pact with another, you have good reason too.
Anyone who has to use the Iberians as military partners is not worthy of fear.

Wishazu
06-04-2006, 22:17
The Kingdom of Parthia will gladly commit its resources to your efforts against the Egyptians. However I ask that you rely on my help only for your own defence untill I can build up a large enough economy to fund a campaign that far south.

UltraWar
06-04-2006, 22:17
Anyone who doesn't have the decency of other cultures is a enemy of the people

General_Sun
06-04-2006, 22:21
Fear plays no part in peace and prosperity my friend, it is better to not live at all than to live in fear.

And I plan to live!

UltraWar
06-04-2006, 22:25
Fear plays no part in peace and prosperity my friend, it is better to not live at all than to live in fear.

And I plan to live!

I plan to defend what it rightfully ours

Myrddraal
06-04-2006, 22:44
Gentlemen of the Turko-Persian League, these continued insults and attacks on the integrity of both the members of your esteemed alliance and the members of the Compact of Europa have a clear purpose. To spread dissent and arguments amongst and between us. I suggest we politely ignore these ranting in future, and publicly post private messages sent to us suggesting plots or betrayal.

Glaucus
06-04-2006, 23:21

Silver Rusher. That insult had best be taken back, we Iberians may start small, but we have more land then you, you horse riding coward. And for your information, I have retracted from the Great Alliance for favor of the Compact of Europa. I hope to co-exist peacefully with you, but not until you apologize for that uncalled for mark on my pride.

Avicenna
06-05-2006, 08:19
Didn't the Turks only enter the area much later? :juggle2:

Myrddraal
06-05-2006, 16:35
We must ammend our proposal. The Iberians have been betrayed by the so-called 'Grand Alliance' and, showing great honour, have stood up in the face of their more powerfull former allies and defied them. We (The Compact of Europa) have been moved by this brave action and have accepted Iberia's offer of alliance.

We hope that you too have seen the courage of the Iberians, and may we continue to work in peace and trade till the Great Alliance falls!

Silver Rusher
06-05-2006, 16:46
Silver Rusher. That insult had best be taken back, we Iberians may start small, but we have more land then you, you horse riding coward. And for your information, I have retracted from the Great Alliance for favor of the Compact of Europa. I hope to co-exist peacefully with you, but not until you apologize for that uncalled for mark on my pride.
It seems to me that you are demonstrating further weakness. From the sound of it my words have gotten to your hearts. If you abandon your allies in this way what is to stop you from doing the same to the CoE? Even so, if the Compact wishes to deal with you then we have no choice. Oh, and what is this about your lands being LARGER than ours? Have none of your people ever seen the glorious empire?

I am cautious of this, but neverless I must welcome you to the winning team. Asking for a withdrawral of insults shall never work when coupled with more insults, and so what we have said will stand firm until you prove your worth as a military power.

Silver Rusher
06-05-2006, 16:48
Didn't the Turks only enter the area much later? :juggle2:
OOC: I thought the Parthians were a Turkic people... weren't they?

Myrddraal
06-05-2006, 16:52
If you abandon your allies in this way what is to stop you from doing the same to the CoE?

I must reassure you, it was the Alliance which betrayed Iberia by backing out of the Pact of Cordoba. The Iberians could have let themselves be pushed around by their more powerful former allies, but despite the danger involved, they renounced the Grand Alliance. It is because of this that we have extended the arm of friendship to the Iberian people.

Wishazu
06-05-2006, 16:52
How about we amend our name to the Pan Persian League. Or something like that.

Silver Rusher
06-05-2006, 17:01
I must reassure you, it was the Alliance which betrayed Iberia by backing out of the Pact of Cordoba. The Iberians could have let themselves be pushed around by their more powerful former allies, but despite the danger involved, they renounced the Grand Alliance. It is because of this that we have extended the arm of friendship to the Iberian people.
Now that I have looked into the situation more I realise that this is true, and the cowardliness of the Order of the Eagle has shone through! The Iberians could offer no possible military advantage and so the sneaky Order simply let them in so that they could backstab them.

We are in for no such treachery upon innocent people, especially those of limited strength (OOC: no offense Spain, but you have to admit, your faction is one of the weakest at the start of the campaign).

Iberians, I will retract my previous statement as soon as the bull's head hangs over Corduba!

Silver Rusher
06-05-2006, 17:02
How about we amend our name to the Pan Persian League. Or something like that.
Yes, that's a good idea. Myrdraal, could you change the name of the thread please?

Myrddraal
06-05-2006, 17:22
Done

Glaucus
06-05-2006, 20:43
Silver Rusher, I also withdraw any insults I may have sent your way. I respect you, and hope that in decades to come, we can live in peace. I understand that we may be small; but as the adage goes "never kick a dog, because hes just a pup, for you'd better run for cover when the pup grows up." The bull will ride through the streets of Corduba, I assure you.

Luigiman
06-05-2006, 23:34
Be affraid...be very affraid.......!!

Shadows
06-06-2006, 01:40
Those of the Pan Persian League, I, Gallic Warchief and Member of the Compact of Europa, do beesch you not to heed the words of the tactless and untrustworthy Romans. Never has a more potent enemy besoiled the land. Yet, fear them not, for the Gallic woarriors have been provoked and war with the Romans has been initiated, by the treacherous Romans themselves. Proclaiming themselves rulers of MY lands as well as their own. Such an insult cannot come to pass without retribution. A retribution that will render the Romans little more than slaves to the proud Gauls and their esteemed Eastern Allies.

RickFGS
06-06-2006, 06:56
correction "the dead gallic warchief...."

Silver Rusher
06-06-2006, 07:12
Silver Rusher, I also withdraw any insults I may have sent your way. I respect you, and hope that in decades to come, we can live in peace. I understand that we may be small; but as the adage goes "never kick a dog, because hes just a pup, for you'd better run for cover when the pup grows up." The bull will ride through the streets of Corduba, I assure you.
Don't you mean... don't kick a calf? lol

RickFGS
06-06-2006, 07:34
The pup will never grow, we are building a nice collar for it.

Wishazu
06-06-2006, 11:49
Then be prepared to feel the cold, hard truth of my allies spanish steel as it enlightens your skull.

Glaucus
06-06-2006, 22:25
Then be prepared to feel the cold, hard truth of my allies spanish steel as it enlightens your skull.

Thank you

@Silver Rusher: Actually I meant pup, its a line from the Musical Les Mesireables you know Victor Hugo? One of us has to have class. :2thumbsup: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/soundtracks/l/lesmiserableslyrics/javertatthebarricadelittlepeoplelyrics.html

RickFGS
06-06-2006, 22:32
Thank you

@Silver Rusher: Actually I meant pup, its a line from the Musical Les Mesireables you know Victor Hugo? One of us has to have class. :2thumbsup: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/soundtracks/l/lesmiserableslyrics/javertatthebarricadelittlepeoplelyrics.html

Rome shall give you classes, the first subject in order will be "How to be a nice slave - lesson I". Trajan is volunteering for the job.

Glaucus
06-06-2006, 22:35
I meant class as in style not as in a school class

Silver Rusher
06-06-2006, 22:38
Don't worry, he's always taking stuff and turning it into lines. He took me talking about how kburkert phrased something perfectly and turned it into something about his armies looking perfect when they march through my capital.

@Rick: You should think about your innocent population when you talk such infuriating drivel. They do not deserve to be exterminated, but that is now what shall happen to your cities.

RickFGS
06-06-2006, 22:43

The only style you´ll be having will be seen only underground, silver mines for spanish citizens!

RickFGS
06-06-2006, 22:45
Don't worry, he's always taking stuff and turning it into lines. He took me talking about how kburkert phrased something perfectly and turned it into something about his armies looking perfect when they march through my capital.

@Rick: You should think about your innocent population when you talk such infuriating drivel. They do not deserve to be exterminated, but that is now what shall happen to your cities.

After we take your capital, w´ill strap your royal family to our victouries chariots, and will drag them through our roads all the way across ro Rome, just to see if they "enjoy the ride"...

Glaucus
06-07-2006, 01:48
The only style you´ll be having will be seen only underground, silver mines for spanish citizens!

Yup, we spanish like our silver. And gold too. We'll be making a tidy profit, why don't you try and stop us eh?

RickFGS
06-07-2006, 15:50
The word stop isn´t sufficient to what is going to happen to your faction..

Glaucus
06-07-2006, 20:48
Your right, kicking Rome's polished behind is a better way to describe us.

RickFGS
06-07-2006, 21:18
We Romans however are willing to overlook your past offenses and will invite spain on a trade agreement.

Silver Rusher
06-07-2006, 21:57
The Romans shall economically benefit more from the acceptance of that proposal than your people. I advise against this.

RickFGS
06-07-2006, 22:00
Go spread your poison elsewhere, your advises are wrong and missleading.

Glaucus
06-07-2006, 22:19
Seeing as I am allied to your main enemy, and at war with your main ally, I must decline this offer. Thank you though, you won't see a Spanish arm on your lands whilst you are there to defend them.

RickFGS
06-07-2006, 22:38
Very well

Wishazu
06-08-2006, 01:26
Go spread your poison elsewhere, your advises are wrong and missleading.

I believe that it is you who should rethink about what you say and where you say it.

RickFGS
06-08-2006, 07:42
hum.yes...you have a point there.