06-04-2006, 16:33
*player list added*

Myrddraal
06-04-2006, 17:19
For your information, political map of human controlled players:

https://img251.imageshack.us/img251/3546/politicalmapmulti0im.jpg

UltraWar
06-04-2006, 17:26
Myrddraal would it be possible for you to go on msn as i need to have a chat with you

kburkert
06-04-2006, 18:02
one question wat will this be played on.

UltraWar
06-04-2006, 18:46
All the different alliances have their own threads?

shadowarmy75
06-04-2006, 18:53
No one tells me that we're doing it here right?

Wishazu
06-04-2006, 18:53
how is this diplomacy actually going to be implemented into the game itself? It`s all very good that we agree to trade rights etc. but unless it is agreed within the game then it means nothing.

UltraWar
06-04-2006, 18:58
how is this diplomacy actually going to be implemented into the game itself? It`s all very good that we agree to trade rights etc. but unless it is agreed within the game then it means nothing.

I have no idea but the diplomacy should only be outside the game via this thread and you can make/join a mega alliance/ have a single alliance

Wishazu
06-04-2006, 19:00
but what if im accidentally ambushed by an allies army that i didnt know was there? How am I going to get trade income if I cant implement it within the game?

shadowarmy75
06-04-2006, 19:01
It`s all very good that we agree to trade rights etc. but unless it is agreed within the game then it means nothing.

It's not that hard to get trade rights in-game. You could offer money or something and I'm sure the AI would accept.

UltraWar
06-04-2006, 19:03
All diplomatics will be made outside the game

Wishazu
06-04-2006, 19:05
seems very hit and miss to me, though i`ll give it a go.

Monarch
06-04-2006, 19:12
IMO for alliance we need to try as much as possible to actually make it official in game. An idea I thought of for allies is say:

Carthage gives me 5000 dennari. AI Greece is happy.

I then give money back to Cathage and Carthage AI is happy.

Carthage never loses any money, but then the ai is more likely to like each other. (also, it'd be excellent to be in game allies so you can have joint sieges)

Myrddraal
06-04-2006, 19:14
Carthage gives me 5000 dennari. AI Greece is happy.

I then give money back to Cathage and Carthage AI is happy.

Carthage never loses any money, but then the ai is more likely to like each other. (also, it'd be excellent to be in game allies so you can have joint sieges)

Good plan. All diplomatic decisions should be agreed on out of game, but if we can mirror them in game, all to the good.

shadowarmy75
06-04-2006, 19:16
Off Topic but how does the Will of Senate thing work. I couln't find a thread with the instructions and such.

Monarch
06-04-2006, 19:55
I would like a quick faction swap, I'd like Macedon instead of Greek Cities. Personally I prefer their tech tree and starting position. Please allow this as they have very similar starting positions I hope to still be allowed in the Great Alliance.

So yeah, i'm now Macedon :D

Myrddraal
06-04-2006, 20:05
I would like a quick faction swap, I'd like Macedon instead of Greek Cities. Personally I prefer their tech tree and starting position. Please allow this as they have very similar starting positions I hope to still be allowed in the Great Alliance.

So yeah, i'm now Macedon :D

Too late Monarch - look in the Germano-British pact thread.

General_Sun will be playing as macedon.

UltraWar
06-04-2006, 20:07
If you would like to create a mega alliance all you need to do is to tell me the name of the alliance,factions plus make a thread based on my alliances thread/ Myrddraal's thread

Monarch
06-04-2006, 20:08
Too late Monarch - look in the Germano-British pact thread.

General_Sun will be playing as macedon.

Doh.

Ok then, I've asked him if he'd like to swap but if not its ok. Btw, I'd appreciate you update the threads in future, because technically I did claim the faction, when, according to the threads, it was open. But yeah, nevermind.

Myrddraal
06-04-2006, 20:11
Sorry bout that monarch :oops:

Monarch
06-04-2006, 22:29
SilverRusher, check your PM inbox ;)

Anyhow, we are still having the non agression period over 1st 3 turns right?

Anyway, IMO lets jsut start, dont bother with a Roman.

Monarch
06-04-2006, 22:32
This is diplomacy is it?

No, its me being a nice person, not allowed? Relax man...

Myrddraal
06-04-2006, 23:01
No, its me being a nice person, not allowed? Relax man...

That was meant to be 'in-character'. I'm not mental :evilgrin:

Myrddraal
06-04-2006, 23:48
This thread contains post split from the general diplomatic thread. I've done this to try to keep all posts in that thread 'in-character'

Myrddraal
06-04-2006, 23:51
If any Alliance would like their thread title changed, contact me.

Avicenna
06-05-2006, 11:53
Off Topic but how does the Will of Senate thing work. I couln't find a thread with the instructions and such.
Everything's explained here (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1143829&postcount=2).

Monarch
06-05-2006, 16:07
If any Alliance would like their thread title changed, contact me.

We will be soon, TGA just sounds...big headed :laugh4:

Myrddraal
06-05-2006, 16:22
You bet is does :smile:, hence my over-abuse of the term 'so-called'

Myrddraal
06-05-2006, 16:28
Here are a couple of topics we must resolve before play begins:

Report writing
I suggest that brief reports should be posted after each player has played their turn. For two main reasons:

1. To allow other players to follow the progress of the campaign

2. To make up for the fact that all alert messages have been disabled.
For example, somebody could attack my ships, and if I was careless, I'd never notice (the computer certainly wouldn't announce it as it does in SP). Therefore I think that after your turn, you should write a brief report containing some public info such as who you attacked and what the outcome was.

This could include a faction map which I would update similar to the one in the first post of the general diplomatic thread.

Another point for your consideration, should we cap the amount of time a player can take over their turn before they are forced to skip their turn.

And lastly, should we choose someone as umpire in case of any disputes?

UltraWar
06-05-2006, 16:34
Here are a couple of topics we must resolve before play begins:

Report writing
I suggest that brief reports should be posted after each player has played their turn. For two main reasons:

1. To allow other players to follow the progress of the campaign

2. To make up for the fact that all alert messages have been disabled.
For example, somebody could attack my ships, and if I was careless, I'd never notice (the computer certainly wouldn't announce it as it does in SP). Therefore I think that after your turn, you should write a brief report containing some public info such as who you attacked and what the outcome was.

This could include a faction map which I would update similar to the one in the first post of the general diplomatic thread.

Another point for your consideration, should we cap the amount of time a player can take over their turn before they are forced to skip their turn.

And lastly, should we choose someone as umpire in case of any disputes?

I agree that there should be a report on the moves you do.

The campaign map could be updated by saying if you took something over/lost something.

We should have a poll on deciding who should be umpire. I wouldn't mind being umpire but i think that you also have a good chance of being umpire.

The amount of time taken should be around a day max until the turn gets skipped/played by the umpire.

On a brief note... should Fog Of War be turned off or on?

Myrddraal
06-05-2006, 16:36
Fog of war should be on of course! This is a tactical game Ultra...

Monarch
06-05-2006, 16:53
Ok, I'll write a report. However I didn't sign up for a write up centered sp pbem ;) I won't be making roleplaying like, I'll just to a report :)

RickFGS
06-05-2006, 17:12
I agree on all, plus, i sugest a penalty from breakers of alliance, and to avoid this penalty war between allies must be declared 2 turns in advance.

Myrddraal
06-05-2006, 17:31
Ok, I'll write a report. However I didn't sign up for a write up centered sp pbem ;) I won't be making roleplaying like, I'll just to a report :)

Of course :smile: - the easiest (and probably best) way would be to take screenshots of battle result screens and post those, as Silver Rusher suggested. That will also give the attacked nation the detail they would otherwise miss.

Myrddraal
06-05-2006, 17:33
I agree on all, plus, i sugest a penalty from breakers of alliance, and to avoid this penalty war between allies must be declared 2 turns in advance.

Alliances have been broken historically - thats diplomacy for you. There will be no official punishment for betrayal, however there are these things to consider:

If you betray your alliance, nobody will ever trust you again ever, ever.
If you betray your alliance, you may find the other members of the alliance will gang up on you.

The best way to break an alliance is to declare that you are no longer allied, but will have a short period of non aggression between each other to allow players to adjust. This is up to you.

Ignoramus
06-06-2006, 01:38
Will you start up another Multiplayer campaign soon? Also, how difficult is the mod to install, and how big is it?

Wishazu
06-06-2006, 01:57
We are playing this RTW 1.5 using a script that was lovingly created by Myddraal.

Writing reports is a good idea, however im obviously not going to be giving everyone a rundown on my troop dispostions and movements :)

RickFGS
06-06-2006, 06:55
Alliances have been broken historically - thats diplomacy for you. There will be no official punishment for betrayal, however there are these things to consider:

If you betray your alliance, nobody will ever trust you again ever, ever.
If you betray your alliance, you may find the other members of the alliance will gang up on you.

The best way to break an alliance is to declare that you are no longer allied, but will have a short period of non aggression between each other to allow players to adjust. This is up to you.

So....No rules, great scotch...

Myrddraal
06-06-2006, 08:28
So....No rules, great scotch...

As in real diplomacy, the only rules there are are made by yourselves and enforced by yourselves - for e.g. The Pan Persian League have said that if such and such happens these two nations will gang up on the other.

Myrddraal
06-06-2006, 08:43
Another point we must agree on - do we allow bribery, or not?

Ignoramus
06-06-2006, 10:35
I say yes. I apologize if my opinion is nto welcome, since I am not a participant of this campaign. How else shall the Romans be defeated? Yet, nations such as Seleucia and Egypt would have an unfair advantage. I suggest that only captains and towns with no governors be bribed.

Myrddraal
06-06-2006, 10:40
Of course your oppinion is welcome :smile:

Silver Rusher
06-06-2006, 17:39
Will you start up another Multiplayer campaign soon? Also, how difficult is the mod to install, and how big is it?
Want to play a multiplayer campaign? Got BI installed with 1.6 (no mods) and are willing to download professorspatula's mod? Go here: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=65513

UltraWar
06-07-2006, 16:41
I have a proposal to make.
Would it possible to have a script which changes the no. of friendlyness between the roman factions from -10 to a possitive no. like 10 or 100 so that the Senate can be attacked.

Ignoramus
06-08-2006, 01:05
If any player drops out, I am willing to take their place.

Monarch
06-08-2006, 15:52
I have a proposal to make.
Would it possible to have a script which changes the no. of friendlyness between the roman factions from -10 to a possitive no. like 10 or 100 so that the Senate can be attacked.

Mate, I'm sorry but I don't think its fair to say this was a normal 1.5 game and then when we've sorted out factions, alliances etc, to introduce new mods we need to play the game. I signed up for a 1.5 unmodded game, I think its fair the game remains what it was advertised as.

Just my opinion as I play alot of online battle mp the slightest mod can mess up your compatibility.

Myrddraal
06-08-2006, 16:06
I have to agree with Monarch, and so I think the senate will be staying as it is.

Monarch
06-21-2006, 16:47
I'm having a big issue playing campaigns, after finishing up a nice campaign with Greek Cities I tried a Gallic one but I was getting random ctds on campaign map, I tried a Roman one, same thing happened, then I tried a Seleucid one, same thing happened. For some reason multiplayer online battles are still fine, but my campaign is screwed.

I've been looking into it for a couple of days now but no joy, I'll keep trying but if I'm not sorted before its my turn I'll have to pull out :(