PDA

View Full Version : New MP PBEM: Barbarians of the Future

Silver Rusher
06-05-2006, 20:21
Welcome, new fans of the great Multiplayer PBeM campaign, Myrdraal's brilliant new invention. It will probably take quite a while for the turns to move right around in the other campaign, so we can use that time to play another.

This PBeM will be using BI 1.6 with Professor Spatula's Extra Hordes mod, no tweaks, no other mods installed. But it is not what you would expect. Thanks to Epistolary Richard's turn jump script I have been able to create a PBeM campaign set in the future, where the face of Europe has changed dramatically. Hordes have settled, and the balance of power has tipped. This will employ a dramatic new variation of different faction experiences, some will have to suck up to others, others will be strong enough to dominate.

The Setting
The year is 394. The Vandals have pushed through Europe and are sitting on mountains of gold in Western France/Northern Spain. The Sarmatians have conquered the balkans, save a small space for the Huns and Romans. In the east, the Sassanids have conquered huge former Roman lands, as well as steppe holdings. The Germanic tribes are still squabbling amounst each other; the Burgundii have created a large but financially weak empire in the far north of Europe. The stage for Total War is set.
https://img251.imageshack.us/img251/3951/jpg5eh.jpg

Faction List

Due to playability issues, the Sassanids and Berbers will not be playable in this campaign. There is going to be a player cap of 8, and it is first come first serve. You will be able to take another faction if you are eliminated (including ones that have emerged recently) If you wish to sign up, please leave your desired faction and email address. Make sure that nobody has posted that faction above you before I have had a chance to edit the list.

There is only 1 faction space left! Hurry up and take it!

This is in turn order:
Franks - Silver Rusher (roast_beef2@hotmail.com)
Goths - Andejar (ambrose5@mchsi.com)
Sarmatians - Myrddraal (mad_toad@hotmail.com)
Vandals - Ignoramus (daviddotnich@optusnet.com.au)
Huns
Saxons - UltraWar (Rhinoknight@hotmail.com)
Alemanni - Shadows (therd260@yahoo.com)
Celts
Roxolani
Burgundii
Lombardi - kburkert (kburkert@hotmail.co.uk)
Eastern Roman Empire - Monk (monk643@gmail.com)
Western Roman Empire

Notes

-This game will start as soon as the player cap of 8 is fulfilled
-You must auto-resolve all battles
-You must report everything you did in your turn (except for secret things like subterfuge, army movements that nobody else can see etc.) ESPECIALLY when either you come to another player with a diplomatic arrangement, or when your spy/assassin gets captured and killed by that player, or battles (you must take a screenshot of the result screen)
-All factions that start with less than 10,000 denari have been given a monetary bonus to make the game more fair.
-This campaign will be based on write-ups, and role-playing with less emphasis on global diplomacy but more on the internal affairs of your own faction.
-You can rename your cities in BI, and players will be encouraged to do this (realistically) to enhance Role Playing.
-If you go into a horde, you may not simply use it to get "vengeance" for whatever faction took your last settlement. Accept defeat, move on, find a new homeland.

So... who's interested?

kburkert
06-05-2006, 20:38
I will be the celts.

kburkert@hotmail.co.uk

Silver Rusher
06-05-2006, 20:56
Added.

Myrddraal
06-05-2006, 21:14
Looks interesting, hmm I'll probably join but which faction.

kburkert
06-05-2006, 22:20
Be the saxons.

Silver Rusher
06-06-2006, 16:42
Hmm, only two people seem interested so far.

Monarch
06-06-2006, 16:57
I'd be in if I didn't need spatula's mod. That could be the same for others I guess.

Edit: Hmm thinking about it, I might consider downloading. Will it still allow me to play multiplayer?

I'll take Vandals...as long as the mod allows me to play mp.

scbromley at gmail.com

xfire - monarchtw

Edit #2: Taking a look I'd much prefer to jsut play normal BI but still with these starting positions. It'll open the game up to more players and Saxons/Celts/Alemanni hording is nice but yeah...I'd prefer without it.

Silver Rusher
06-06-2006, 17:16
I'd be in if I didn't need spatula's mod. That could be the same for others I guess.

Edit: Hmm thinking about it, I might consider downloading. Will it still allow me to play multiplayer?

I'll take Vandals...as long as the mod allows me to play mp.

scbromley at gmail.com

xfire - monarchtw

Edit #2: Taking a look I'd much prefer to jsut play normal BI but still with these starting positions. It'll open the game up to more players and Saxons/Celts/Alemanni hording is nice but yeah...I'd prefer without it.
Don't worry about the mod, it works perfectly with both 1.6 and the MP script. Also I cannot simply change the mod, it took me a very long time to set up the savegame and give everyone the right amount of money, I would really hate to have to go through that again. In my opinion the mod makes the game situation much more interesting and the only effect it has on the game is the extra hordes. All you have to do is download and install (you won't even have to reinstall the MP mod if it is already there)

I will put up the diplomacy list soon.

EDIT: Actually I will put up the list when all the players have registered so that I know who will need it

UltraWar
06-06-2006, 17:57
i am not a very good BI player... so i will only be playing for fun.
I would like to be the Saxons but if Myradraal would like them i would like to have Berbers as my second choice.

Xfire - ultrawar
Email - Rhinoknight@hotmail.com

kburkert
06-06-2006, 18:35
we gonna need a diplomacy thread. Where is Professor Spatula's Extra Hordes mod, does anyone have a link to it.

Monarch
06-06-2006, 18:39
Don't worry about the mod, it works perfectly with both 1.6 and the MP script. Also I cannot simply change the mod, it took me a very long time to set up the savegame and give everyone the right amount of money, I would really hate to have to go through that again. In my opinion the mod makes the game situation much more interesting and the only effect it has on the game is the extra hordes. All you have to do is download and install (you won't even have to reinstall the MP mod if it is already there)

I will put up the diplomacy list soon.

EDIT: Actually I will put up the list when all the players have registered so that I know who will need it

I wasn't talking about the mp campaign script, I was talking about online battles, I'm in a BI clan and if this mod will not allow me to play multiplayer then I must withdraw.

PS. ultra, I suck at campaigns in general, usually I just relay on my rts battle map skill to get me through, with auto resolve I'm just here to have fun and make up some numbers ;)

PS. I'm still not definate until I know this won't mess up my online battles..so yeah..any chance somebody could look into it?

Silver Rusher
06-06-2006, 18:56
Oh right, I see. I find no reason why installing this mod should cause you to not be able to play battles, but just in case you should either make a back-up of the files replaced or reinstall the game if something goes wrong.

EDIT: Perhaps you could use a modswitcher?

kburkert
06-06-2006, 19:02
where can i download the mod?????????

Silver Rusher
06-06-2006, 19:04
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=54943

Monarch
06-06-2006, 20:28
Sorry for messing you around, I won't be taken part, not because I cba to download the mod. But I've just entered a 2v2 BI online tournament which just adds to CWB admining, CWB playing, playing 1.5 campaign etc etc, so I won't have time.

Apologies.

Shadows
06-06-2006, 20:52
Silver, I pm'd you about my participation already. but I will announce it here too. I wish to play as the Franks. My email is therd260@yahoo.com

Silver Rusher
06-06-2006, 20:54
And I PM'ed you back - the Franks are already taken.

kburkert
06-06-2006, 20:56
Would i be able to play as the goths instead of the celts???

Silver Rusher
06-06-2006, 20:56
No problem. Although I have to warn you, the Goths are in a bit of a tight position at the moment.

Monk
06-06-2006, 20:57
I would like to play as the (remnants) of the Eastern Roman Empire. I'll download the mods tonight :2thumbsup:

monk643@gmail.com

Shadows
06-06-2006, 20:58
I would like to play as the Allemani then. Thanks.

Silver Rusher
06-06-2006, 20:58
Good to see we have a master writer here with us on this PBeM, should make it very interesting. ;)

EDIT: UltraWar, I have decided to take the Berbers out due to them probably not having a significant impact on the game. But I will let you keep Saxons for sure.

Monk
06-06-2006, 21:14
I haven't PBeM'd in quite a while, this one though should prove to be interesting. *hopes Myddraal joins*, in any event i will play my role to the best of my abilities. and try not to die in the first turns :skull:

Silver Rusher
06-07-2006, 19:56
Who knows, you are still holding your two best cities.

Monk
06-07-2006, 21:30
Who knows, you are still holding your two best cities.

Very true. I'm also not too bad when my back is against the wall. Now i'm just anxious for this thing to get started... oh! and...

:bump: :2thumbsup:

Myrddraal
06-08-2006, 13:56
Sarmatians please :bow:

Silver Rusher
06-10-2006, 09:28
Bump, bump bump bump

kburkert
06-10-2006, 10:00
Sorry but ive just figured how hard it will be with the goths, can i be the Lombardi please. Sorry, Sorry, very sorry.

Silver Rusher
06-10-2006, 12:03
No problem.

UltraWar
06-10-2006, 12:15
Silver Rusher... Myradraal's email is mad_toad@hotmail.com

Silver Rusher
06-10-2006, 12:52
Noted.

Only 2 factions left! Step right up, choose your new faction for this PBeM before it is too late!

Silver Rusher
06-10-2006, 22:51
Anyone?

kburkert
06-10-2006, 23:06
Start the game with out them, no wait leave it till the begining of next week. Have you tested the script? I advise you do.

Ignoramus
06-11-2006, 03:35
I'll be the Vandals. Email address: daviddotnich@optusnet.com.au

Just one thing. How difficult is it to unistall/remove the mod after this PBeM has finished?

Monarch
06-11-2006, 08:05
I'll be the Vandals. Email address: daviddotnich@optusnet.com.au

Just one thing. How difficult is it to unistall/remove the mod after this PBeM has finished?

Probably easier to copy your whole RTW folder and install mod into the copy, delete the copy after PBeM finishes.

Ignoramus
06-11-2006, 08:07
Ok, thanks.

Silver Rusher
06-11-2006, 09:26
1 More Slot Left!

UltraWar
06-11-2006, 11:25
hmm... i have 4 Rome Total War folders... [over 10gb!]

Andejar
06-13-2006, 00:05
Can I be the last faction even though I look like a noob i've been playing this game for a long time. :laugh4:

Silver Rusher
06-13-2006, 16:46
Can I be the last faction even though I look like a noob i've been playing this game for a long time. :laugh4:
Sure, which faction do you want and what is your email address?

Andejar
06-13-2006, 23:36
i'll be the gorhs and my email is ambrose5@mchsi.com

Monk
06-14-2006, 05:00
I may have to pull out of this unless i can get some help with the script generator. As it stands i can't get it to generate the script :dizzy2:

Silver Rusher
06-14-2006, 16:52
I may have to pull out of this unless i can get some help with the script generator. As it stands i can't get it to generate the script :dizzy2:
You don't need to generate the script yourself, I will send it to you.

EDIT: The last slot is taken! The game will begin this Sunday. Use the time to make diplomatic arrangements, and make sure that you have everything in the game completely sorted. I will create a diplomacy thread.

REMINDER: I would prefer in this game, unlike the other one, if it did not turn into a big "team" situation. If people make different alliances, the game will be much more interesting IMO. Also, please remember that due to the running of the script you will start with alliances and wars in the early stages of the game (this will be posted into the diplomacy thread). I would like it if you could honor these, at least for the start of the game.

Andejar
06-15-2006, 01:52
I can't find the v1.6 patch can someone post a link or something

Andejar
06-19-2006, 01:19
never mind i found it

Silver Rusher
06-19-2006, 16:53
OK then, has everyone got BI 1.6 installed with professorspatula's mod? I will need confirmation from all participants.

Andejar
06-19-2006, 20:34
yup

Ignoramus
06-20-2006, 03:30
I have, the first mod I have successfully installed.

Shadows
06-21-2006, 18:15
I have already downloaded and saved the mo.d I have yet to install though. Doing that today.

Monk
06-22-2006, 08:25
Still no luck with the script generator. If you can email the script that' be great..

oh and i have the mod installed, just wrestling with how to get it to let me change over.

Silver Rusher
06-22-2006, 16:50
Still no luck with the script generator. If you can email the script that' be great..

oh and i have the mod installed, just wrestling with how to get it to let me change over.
I told you Monk, you don't need to generate the script, I can do that for you.

Monk
06-23-2006, 23:16
I told you Monk, you don't need to generate the script, I can do that for you.

In that case i'm ready on this end.

Silver Rusher
06-24-2006, 15:22
I still need Myrddraal's, kburkert's and UltraWar's confirmations. I will PM them about this.

Myrddraal
06-27-2006, 16:49
I haven't downloaded/installed yet sorry folks. Keep things moving and if I'm too slow I'll skip the first turn.