PDA

View Full Version : MP campaign: The Republic of Rome

RickFGS
06-06-2006, 08:50
http://www.timelessmyths.com/classical/gallery/shewolf.jpg

- THE REPUBLIC OF ROME -

This thread will function as a forum for the Republic of Rome alliance, we are a sub-alliance of the roman people inhabbiting Rome peninsula and we are part of the Order of The Eagle Alliance composed by: Carthage, Greece and Egypt.

This sub-alliance is formed to defend the italian culture and civilization against the Northern and other barbarian/enemie alliances that wish to destroy us.

Rome must prevail at all costs!

Senate and People of Rome:
AI http://www.twcenter.net/forums/customavatars/avatar1316_2.gif

House of the Julli:
RickFGS
http://www.twcenter.net/pics/julii.jpg

House of the Brutii:
Luigiman http://www.twcenter.net/pics/brutii.jpg

House of the Scipii:
TheQuickSilver http://www.twcenter.net/pics/scipii.jpg

http://www.twcenter.net/screenshots/albums/rome_totalwar/thumb_br10_1.jpg http://www.twcenter.net/screenshots/albums/rome_totalwar/thumb_br1.jpg http://www.twcenter.net/screenshots/albums/rome_totalwar/thumb_11_G.jpg http://www.twcenter.net/screenshots/albums/rome_totalwar/thumb_rome_total_war_20040824042254068_1.jpg

I will be editing this subforum as we go, for now i lack the time to do it.

Best of luck to the Luigiman and QuickSilver
Best of luck to Rome´s allies.
As for rome´s adversaries, may all battles be fought with honor.

This is the current situation

https://img301.imageshack.us/img301/7250/rtwpoliticalvanilla5oq.jpg

http://teencritics.com/spqr/SPQRsig.gif

Myrddraal
06-06-2006, 09:01
I'd like to put this on hold till a few issues are resolved. Please see the general diplomatic thread.

RickFGS
06-06-2006, 09:14
From the Roman Republic i pledge to have the all 3 turns done and sent on the day received first by the Julii.

Ignoramus
06-06-2006, 10:32
This my personal opinion, and I have not received information from any faction leader at all, but my own analysis.

You shall fail miserably against the Gauls. They shall receive financial aid from other members of the alliance. Chiefly from Britannia, as they are safe from any conflict. Germania, too, is relatively remote and should be able to provide financial, and perchance, military assistance. Iberia, on the other hand, will be hard pressed to defend against Carthaginian domination, and so little aid can be expected from them. Macedon, is a strong nation, but its chief attention will be the subjection of the Achaen city states, not the defence of Cisalpina. You may have the strongest army, but the north is too strong for you. Even if you pushed the Gauls out of Italy, you would be hard pressed to defend yourself, much less expand further. As for Carthage, you ought to know that they shall combine with the Greeks to throw you out of Sicily, Their islands may be easy pickings, however, you shall have no gains in Africa or Mauretania. Greece, with its scattered domains, shall attempt to liberate their fellow Greeks in Appulia, with Carthaginian assistance, they shall surely succeed. Egypt, with its fertile fields, has the wealth to raise large armies, armies larger and better equiped than your own, their navies shall sink your few ships, and plunder your coastlines. Seleucia, with its hoard of gold and silver, is capable of many things, but shall be distracted by the Ptolemies of Egypt, however, should you encounter them, they shall bribe your armies with mountains of gold, and then slaughter your undefended towns. A kingdom divided against itself cannot stand, and a Rome united cannot stand either.

RickFGS
06-06-2006, 10:52
Your analises is superb, although you seem to have missed something, i will not tell what it is...but as the game progresses you will get to watch it. Many thks for the advises and may i invite you as a pro-consular (advisor) of the alliance of the Roman Republic alliance for this PBEM game? You can post here your words of wisdom, as i seem them to be very important, i would like also to extend this invitation to any menbers who feel they come to help Republic of Rome on this PBEM game.

As far as the alliances i started as the Julli with 2 territories, and 3 allies, Carthage, Greece and Egypt, now i have 3 more - SPQR -AI, Brutii and Scipii.

Unity makes stronger, as you say.

If people dont cheat this will be an interesting game.

Fell free to use this thread friend ;)

Death the destroyer of worlds
06-06-2006, 12:19
You alliance looks strong on paper, but I fear you will soon be in serious trouble. The Seulicids can take on the Egyptians easily, and no one is close enough to help them out. Greece is by far you strongest ally, and my advice would be to walk into north italy, kick out the Gauls and wipe out the Macedonians in a combined offensive. If you succeed in this you cannot fail to crush the barbarian nations. Then it will become a slug it out match between the two remaining superpowers (as Egypt will be crushed), namely Greece and Seleucids. Eventually, you should win this as well.

Of course, I'm assuming these alliances will hold the whole game. If Carthage or Greece turns on you, the Romans are in serious trouble.

RickFGS
06-06-2006, 14:05
Another good advice indeed, many thks to the destroyer of worlds, i believe that case scenario is a possible one, yet we can never know....as for egypt being crushed i have a doubt there i believe shadowarmy can make a good campaign if he plays his cards well.

We do not desire war on carthage i will support my ally as i promissed on where he will need, of course in his mind he his considering a direct attack on rome territory for sure, sycily or even rome itself...

We would like Ultrawar to clarify its position on this, as well as Greece, Luigiman is ready to support greece againt macedon, the 2 together can make a serious treath to the aegean settlements....howhever we wait for a reply...

As the leader of the Roman Republic allaince and i trust still member of the larger Order of The Eagle i request that we clarify each one positions.

RickFGS
06-06-2006, 14:16
Luigi and QuickSilver, ill use this thread to post your campaigns progress and mostly negotiations and comments on the games progress, i´m posting a detailed map on the campaign and ill be editing it as we go along.., I´ve also sent you guys the primary objectives and concerns that we need to face together.

Silver Rusher
06-06-2006, 17:20
You Romans are very arrogant indeed. Your alliance is greatly outnumbered by bigger, more powerful factions. What makes you think you will win every war you will ever fight?

I wait patiently until the day when your capital Rome burns and you eat your arrogant Roman words.

RickFGS
06-06-2006, 17:31
This thread is for romans and other civilizated roman allies only, i suggest you go back to your country and develop some form of personal higiene, the smell in this thread have somewhat got bad since you posted...

Silver Rusher
06-06-2006, 17:37
OOC: Could you possibly be a bit more sportsmanly than just "Best of luck to Rome's Allies and Best of luck to Luigiman and TheQuickSilver". If you don't act kindly towards your opponents out of character, nobody will like you much as a person.

IC: Maybe if your roman noses were a bit smaller we would listen to your insane insults. We invented public health; you Romans simply thought it sounded like a good idea and adapted it to make it less hygienic so that your filthy population would not become too outraged.

RickFGS
06-06-2006, 17:56
OOC:uh? this is only roleplay..dont be so touchy....im no such a bad guy ;) take it lightly, besides you guys say lot worse on each other on your threads lol. I create this thread to assist my fellow romans since we encountered a somewhat agressive atmosfere towords the italian penisula, we are only saying that you cant "have a piece of the pie"

IC: Do not worrie, we will save your citizens from their miserable lives under your despotic regime, citizenship of rome is for all who are willing to effort for it, to all those the rewards shall be a happy and more "clean" life.

Silver Rusher
06-06-2006, 17:57
That's in character, it's different.

RickFGS
06-06-2006, 18:01
Men "why cant we be friends?, why cant we be friends?" song excert pops to my mind.

IC: Rome must be respected

TheQuickSilver
06-06-2006, 18:33
Hello guys.

This thread is excellent Rick!!! Nice job, the graphics look great, ill be here on the forum from time to time, i just wanna say i would like peace with everyone on the beginning. I see that there are many allainces and that the barbs want to destroy us already and the game asnt even started.
Lets pump out those mighty legions and show them what we are made off.

PS: Manda-me o email outra vez das cenas da batalha n recebi nada. A gente fala no msn como de costume.

kburkert
06-06-2006, 18:38
Legions are nothing to berserkers, they will take out 50 men to 1.

RickFGS
06-06-2006, 19:06
Rome as a new costume now, we will be eating beserkers for breakfast every morning, our troops seem to find they tasty and easily digestible.

Silver Rusher
06-06-2006, 19:08
Rome as a new costume now, we will be eating beserkers for breakfast every morning, our troops seem to find they tasty and easily digestible.
Wow, the Romans are demonstrating that they truly are cannibals! We thought this was merely an urban myth. This is going straight on Pan Persian League propaganda!

And seeing as your Republic has never even encountered a single Berserker ANYWAY its a bit stupid to imply that your troops are already eating them...

RickFGS
06-06-2006, 19:14
Our troops will start eating hellenic seleucid citizens for lunch as well, our diet will be complete with a pair of gauls for dessert....ahhh.....it wil be a feast.

RickFGS
06-06-2006, 19:15
Wow, the Romans are demonstrating that they truly are cannibals! We thought this was merely an urban myth. This is going straight on Pan Persian League propaganda!

And seeing as your Republic has never even encountered a single Berserker ANYWAY its a bit stupid to imply that your troops are already eating them...

The only thing stupid here is that your faction still exists, not long, i can assure you.

kburkert
06-06-2006, 19:18
your over confidence will be your pitaful downful, but now the words you have spoken will cause your enemys to crush you with anger and mercyless power.

RickFGS
06-06-2006, 19:23
Good!, we want our breakfast to be in good form, we dont like fatty food.

Silver Rusher
06-06-2006, 19:36
your over confidence will be your pitaful downful, but now the words you have spoken will cause your enemys to crush you with anger and mercyless power.
Finally, somebody put exactly what I have been meaning to say in the perfect phrasing, thank you.

RickFGS
06-06-2006, 19:43
Finally, somebody put exactly what I have been meaning to say in the perfect phrasing, thank you.

The only thing perfect will be the order and vision of my armies marching across your capital´s streets.

Monarch
06-06-2006, 19:56
(posted in Order topic as well, but I figured I'd post here)

Greetings, honourable Bruttii

As we have previously agreed Macedon must be destroyed, I believe our two factions are very much up to carrying out this task. If you send troops to attack the Macedonians, I am willing to let our honourable Roman allies settle on our peninsula. However the people of Greece don't want to engage in a race for cities for you, of course, are our allies, let us do this properly. Let us share out cities. As our capital is in the South we would like to keep the south under our control, so we would like Sparta, Athens, Thermon, Thesalonica and Larissa.

Meanwhile to people of Rome would take Apllonia, Bylazora and Byzantium.

(Note: Holding Byazantium is a goal of the Order, you to have an honour as to have it under your control)

In addition should you accept I believe this could lead to a great partnership between us. The people of Greece can strike upwards from Thessalonica and the Romans from Bylazora, against Dacia and Thrace. From there we could go west and join the houses of julii and scipii in their war with Germania, Gaul and Brittania.

RickFGS
06-06-2006, 21:09
Please clear your mail box, i cant PM you Monarch

Monarch
06-06-2006, 21:33
Please clear your mail box, i cant PM you Monarch

Sorry about that, try now.

Edit: I have a further question. What is the sub-alliance's stance on SPQR. Destroy, and select a Roman House to control Rome or keep it around. IC: The people of Greece will back any motion our allies wish to take, OOC: Meh, for games sake IMO it'd be easier to wipe them out.

RickFGS
06-06-2006, 21:36
I´ve sent it.

Silver Rusher
06-06-2006, 21:36
OOC: For realism's sake I think the SPQR should be the supreme figurehead of your nation.

RickFGS
06-06-2006, 21:41
I´ve done this in a rush, i will consider that...thks for sugestion.

RickFGS
06-06-2006, 22:27
Sorry about that, try now.

Edit: I have a further question. What is the sub-alliance's stance on SPQR. Destroy, and select a Roman House to control Rome or keep it around. IC: The people of Greece will back any motion our allies wish to take, OOC: Meh, for games sake IMO it'd be easier to wipe them out.

SPQR tens to perform well for the AI, i find them must usefull for our porposes, besides, if i attack SPQR, the Brutti and the Scipii will declare war on me, because on the passing of the turns the AI will be controlling them, thus i cannot do that Although if there is an option of starting the game with the city of Rome as Jullii and removal of SPQR, i would most apreciate that, since we only start with two lands. Of course this is up to mrydrall.

Silver Rusher
06-06-2006, 22:40
Erm... you can't actually declare war on the SPQR right at the start of the game.

RickFGS
06-06-2006, 22:47
Im Rome, im sure i can declare war on all living things...lol..that was a bit too much maybe.

Luigiman
06-07-2006, 19:12
(posted in Order topic as well, but I figured I'd post here)

Greetings, honourable Bruttii

As we have previously agreed Macedon must be destroyed, I believe our two factions are very much up to carrying out this task. If you send troops to attack the Macedonians, I am willing to let our honourable Roman allies settle on our peninsula. However the people of Greece don't want to engage in a race for cities for you, of course, are our allies, let us do this properly. Let us share out cities. As our capital is in the South we would like to keep the south under our control, so we would like Sparta, Athens, Thermon, Thesalonica and Larissa.

Meanwhile to people of Rome would take Apllonia, Bylazora and Byzantium.

(Note: Holding Byazantium is a goal of the Order, you to have an honour as to have it under your control)

In addition should you accept I believe this could lead to a great partnership between us. The people of Greece can strike upwards from Thessalonica and the Romans from Bylazora, against Dacia and Thrace. From there we could go west and join the houses of julii and scipii in their war with Germania, Gaul and Brittania.

Greetings Monarch,

It seems to me we have an agreement, i will carry my troops for that task and slaughter the macedon with you and share the spoils!!
I just dont like one thing, im to spread and i like to be more compact. As for Apollonia, it suits me fine, because it is essencial for me to have an base of operations to launch an attack, so i want some protection to for my armies to settle in and launch a massive attack, because i dont like to attack in waves, i only attack once and its to swipe the land!!
as for the other lands, i think its negociable!!
Because the game itselfs are always mutating!!
So my propose is the next: Apolonia for sure, then we will see, but rest a sure that i dont want to take any greek cities, that compose your main structure, so we will see how the game evolves!!
I just want to have a nice "bunker zone" in greece so i can spread my legs for the north!!
I think you can deal with the seleucids and have my support for the greek!!
I await your reply...

Monarch
06-07-2006, 19:45
Greetings Monarch,

It seems to me we have an agreement, i will carry my troops for that task and slaughter the macedon with you and share the spoils!!
I just dont like one thing, im to spread and i like to be more compact. As for Apollonia, it suits me fine, because it is essencial for me to have an base of operations to launch an attack, so i want some protection to for my armies to settle in and launch a massive attack, because i dont like to attack in waves, i only attack once and its to swipe the land!!
as for the other lands, i think its negociable!!
Because the game itselfs are always mutating!!
So my propose is the next: Apolonia for sure, then we will see, but rest a sure that i dont want to take any greek cities, that compose your main structure, so we will see how the game evolves!!
I just want to have a nice "bunker zone" in greece so i can spread my legs for the north!!
I think you can deal with the seleucids and have my support for the greek!!
I await your reply...

The people of Greece will see you next in the capital of Macedon :2thumbsup:

General_Sun
06-07-2006, 21:26
Look at me! I'm quaking in my boots!

Mommy Mommy no fair! 2 against 1!

RickFGS
06-07-2006, 21:28
You wont even have time to quack or boots to quack on for that matter.

Glaucus
06-07-2006, 22:22
*quake: (kwk) v. quaked, quak·ing, quakes 1. To shake or tremble, as from instability or shock

Quack (kwk) n. The characteristic sound uttered by a duck.

small difference.

RickFGS
06-07-2006, 22:40
Dead (kwk) v. state of no return, permanent loss of function. To stop existing, to be for ever out of the fisical plain.

Ignoramus
06-07-2006, 23:30
Look at me! I'm quaking in my boots!

Mommy Mommy no fair! 2 against 1!

Bribe Athens, then try and crush Thermon, the Greeks are scattered, so play accordingly.

General_Sun
06-08-2006, 00:20
Normally I would say thank you, but by god, stop telling my plans to the enemy!

:D

HAHAHA. The Greeks and the Brutii are DOOOMED.

Ignoramus
06-08-2006, 01:07
I am sorry. Macedon's plans are to migrate to Ireland and set up their capital at Tara. They then plan to send an expedition to take Hyperboria by suprise.

Glaucus
06-08-2006, 01:22
Those crafty devils! Why did none of us see this coming!?!? its a good thing Ignoramus is here to warn everyone!

RickFGS
06-08-2006, 07:40
Lol, i´m afraid Ireland is already bribed to fight for Rome, and will just ignore Hyperboria.

Monarch
06-08-2006, 15:59
I am sorry. Macedon's plans are to migrate to Ireland and set up their capital at Tara. They then plan to send an expedition to take Hyperboria by suprise.

Sounds good, Macedonians holding a small mudhut hamlet in a useless island suits me :2thumbsup: