PDA

View Full Version : MP Campaign: What Happens Next?

General_Sun
06-08-2006, 01:29
This is the place where people can predict outcomes, the players plans, etc. Please don't do it in the diplomatic threads, that's just really annoying...

This is for none-planning, where other people who's not playing can chip in as well to discuss strategy.

Thanks!

Well for me personally, I believe that the Order of the Eagle will get their butt handed to them and the Romans will be crushed under the combined arms of the Compact and the Pan-Persians. :laugh4: OK, what does everyone else think?

Shadows
06-08-2006, 03:01
I think that you will be very correct, if the Pan Persian League can crush the Egyptians, thereby leaving them open to help the COmpact of Europa defeat the Romans. As it is obvious to me that the Republic of Rome is stronger than the Order of the Eagles is. And the Pan Persian Leauge and the Comapct of Europa are about eqaul, in terms of member's strengths and land ownership. Althoug, the Persians do have more land to expand into, we of the COmapct are a bit more tightly condensed.

General_Sun
06-08-2006, 03:11
The weakness of the Romans is having to work with the Eagles. The Scipii talk of having to give up Messena, the Brutii will be denied conquests in the Balkans if they do conquer anything. Ridiculous in my opinion. The Scipii is strong enough to crush both the Greeks and the Carthiginians in Scily and the Brutii is more than strong enough to crush the Greeks in the Balkans underfoot.

Egypt will then be alone and helpless, easily picked off by anybody.

The main mistake of the Romans is siding with the Eagles, they are very much relatively weak and backward nations. Not to mention so spread out that they have no chance of assisting each other.

RickFGS
06-08-2006, 07:34
No coments.

I want some of that stuff you guys are smoking, that ***** is excellent!

Myrddraal
06-08-2006, 14:02
I think it's very hard to say what'll happen. It's easy (when we've all only ever played SP campaigns before) to forget how cunning a human player is. All of us are making plans, but I wonder how long any of those plans will last...

Monarch
06-08-2006, 16:02
The weakness of the Romans is having to work with the Eagles. The Scipii talk of having to give up Messena, the Brutii will be denied conquests in the Balkans if they do conquer anything. Ridiculous in my opinion. The Scipii is strong enough to crush both the Greeks and the Carthiginians in Scily and the Brutii is more than strong enough to crush the Greeks in the Balkans underfoot.

The main mistake of the Romans is siding with the Eagles, they are very much relatively weak and backward nations. Not to mention so spread out that they have no chance of assisting each other.

Checked the threads recently? Brutii will be keeping their Balkan conquests and Scipii are keeping Messanna, keep up.

Myrddraal
06-08-2006, 16:09
Checked the threads recently? Brutii will be keeping their Balkan conquests and Scipii are keeping Messanna, keep up.

Ok folks, there's a lot of content in these diplomatic threads. I think missing the points of another alliances treaties is allowable :bow:

Silver Rusher
06-09-2006, 16:35
If you ask me, the victor of this war shall be the alliance with the superior navy. This war is based mainly around the Mediterranean (all factions except the Gauls, Germanians, to a certain extent the Julii and the British will need a navy to lauch assaults on other factions except their immediate enemies) and so whoever can gain control of the seas will be able to halt most other military opportunities for their enemies.

Ignoramus
06-10-2006, 00:29
All factions ought to blockade Roman posts, to prevent them recruiting a super navy. Roman fleets are even better than Carthaginian fleets, so if you're not careful Rome will soon dominate the seas.

RickFGS
06-10-2006, 00:36
What da? You´ve been removed from the pro-consular (advisor) for the Roman Republic.

Shadows
06-10-2006, 00:53
Rick, like thats not an obvious plan. Are you really going to throw away your best advisor(and yes I know he is your only advisor:laugh4: )?? You Romans really are silly, throwing away free help. You shall fall without fail now.

Death the destroyer of worlds
06-10-2006, 01:13
The weakness of the Romans is having to work with the Eagles.
I disagree. The catheginian and greek armies are much stronger than roman ones (on autoresolve that is). If they combined against the Romans from the start they might just win. So I think the romans are being very clever allying themselves with them. I still think Egypt will get crushed very fast out there alone, however. If Egypt was smart, she'd ally with the Seleucids.

RickFGS
06-10-2006, 01:36
Rick, like thats not an obvious plan. Are you really going to throw away your best advisor(and yes I know he is your only advisor:laugh4: )?? You Romans really are silly, throwing away free help. You shall fall without fail now.

IC:I will remove your existence from the face of the earth. As for advisors i have a legion of them.

Ignoramus
06-10-2006, 01:53
Nonsense, I advise the Romans, but I only state facts, it should bring your attention to your navy.

Myrddraal
06-10-2006, 08:42
Seeing as Ignoramus isn't a player, I think he can give whatever opinion he likes. If he gives anyone a good piece of advise, they should be grateful.

IC:
Lets keep all the in-character posts in one set of threads, and the OOC posts in another.

Silver Rusher
06-10-2006, 09:23

I agree. It was very foolish of them to let the Egyptians to join their alliance, without also asking any of the other Eastern factions. Now, without military assistance, Egypt will be defeated. It will be long and bloody, but it will happen. From that position the Eastern Alliance could EASILY defeat Carthage, and Macedon would have enough military assistance to crush the Greeks. When every nation in the world is then turned on the Romans, they will only then realise their mistake because they will shortly be crushed.

I think that if Rome had not sided with either alliance, they would be given opportunities for expansion into Greek and Carthaginian lands and the Compact/Eastern Alliance would allow them to because this would help them with the removal of their enemies while they focus on their own expansionisms. If Rome got drawn into any wars after that, they would have a crushing force, and could easily destroy their enemies.

RickFGS
06-10-2006, 10:34
Wrong assumptions and wrong strategy, our chosen path will be proven its worth. As for alliances we are very happy with our allies, we have allied with the mighty Carthage, might Greece and mighty Egypt, each and one of this factions is a power-horse, whit rome it makes four. While you alliances have 2or one at max power-horses in its alligment, it also as 2 or more dependent factions that will want more land to grow, meaning less growing power for the capabale of real damage ones.