PDA

View Full Version : New Interactive

Franconicus
06-08-2006, 13:16
I am thinking about a new interactive. I have some ideas and I could use some feedback!

The story will start in spring 1940 and propably end at the beginning of 1942. Of course some boundaries will be changed from real history, but only as far as I think it could have happaned.

This one is very strategic with a political backround. Of course there will be battles in the end to prove if the strategy was right. I would like to give the players more freedom. There is not only the chance to choose but also to decide the strategy. Further more I would like to combine it with a little "Google search" game. The players have to look for information they will need for their further steps.

It could be a one side game, or a two side game or even a multi side game. I haven't decided yet.

Peasant Phill
06-08-2006, 14:18
I like the idea and want to join.

I like the strategic and political approach to it as I'm more familiar with that side as opposed to full scale military games. The part where you a player researches its own background should also very enjoyable.

I think a story with multiple sides (maybe in small groups) with a briefing afterwards would be the most fun. But I can imagine that it would take a lot of time and is as such maybe not workable for you.

Don't wait to long with further detail like scenery (place) and possible sides.

Kagemusha
06-08-2006, 15:44
Im ready for action Franc!Maybe Operation Barbarossa could be a good theme.In that case i want to be part of team Finland.:2thumbsup:

Avicenna
06-08-2006, 20:29
Ooh, can I be educated in the interactive system?

By the way, can I go team China?

Lord Winter
06-09-2006, 05:11
Sounds like a good idea, I agree with peasent phill's idea of multiple sides.

Ooh, can I be educated in the interactive system? Basically an interactive works were one person gives the situation and decides the outcome (the writer) they may give choices or the readers must make there own, then the writer estimates what would have really happened and reports. It then repeats.

Franconicus
06-09-2006, 12:52
A Multi Side Campaign has some severe disadvantages. First of all the sides will be extremly unbalanced. Then the players would not cooperate or discuss openly.

There will be no Finish side at all. I know how important the Finish were, but they are so capricious that it is to difficult to include them. I will leave that to you. For that reason 'Barbarossa' is dead too. How could I do it without the Fins? The Chinese will also play a minor role this time, sorry for that!

If you really like to play a strategic-political game I would prefer a one party game, so you can discuss your plans on a wider base.

What do you think about the part where you have ti investigate the data for your decisions?

IrishArmenian
06-12-2006, 01:01
May I join? Preferably Russia, but anywhere is good. This sounds great.

Franconicus
06-12-2006, 10:26
Thank you all for your interest! Welcome on board! It is summer time and I will propably invite yo to a cruise in the beautiful Mediterranean Sea. Hope you will enjoy the journey!

Numbers are too small for a two side game.

AggonyDuck
06-12-2006, 19:12
To be honest I think the numbers would swell once it gets started. This tends to happen with a good part of the Interactive Histories. I'm also interested, because this sounds like good fun. :2thumbsup:

EDIT: So it will be about the Battle of Mediterranean? ~:)

Peasant Phill
06-13-2006, 09:06
If you make some publicity here on the site (like they did with that pbm game) members who normally wouldn't look at the monastery could join to.

What numbers would you like to see for a two-way game?

Rodion Romanovich
06-13-2006, 17:23
if it's another two-sided naval interactive you can probably count me in for 90% of the chapters just as with the duel of the sea

Keba
06-13-2006, 17:36
Numbers are too small for a two side game.

I suspect you would get a large number of people who occasionally drop by every now and then.

Otherwise, I am curious ... I've been watching the Chapter House for a bit and am interested ... so I guess you could add me to the list.

Franconicus
06-14-2006, 07:54
I am glad to see that there are so many people who want to join my story. Welcome all! Most of you want to have a two side game. That worries me a bit because I almost decided not to do it. It has some severe hurdles:
1) How do you seperate the two teams?
2) The story has to be adjusted to two teams, so there have to be actions / choices for both sides each time. That is a hard limitation. For example, if it is the turn of the Germans and they have to make a lot of decisions, the Brits would just sit around and wait.
3) it takes a lot of time to write two stories.

There will be two innovative elements:
1) You have to look for information you will nedd for your plans.
2) You have much more freedom to make your strategy.

Legio:
Naval warfare will only be a sideline. The focus will be politically / Strategically.

Kagemusha
06-14-2006, 08:14
Franc i would be completely ok with one sided interactive.The two sided version would be very hard to create and would take huge amount of work.So in my own humble opinion lets have a classic interactive.:2thumbsup: Maybe it will inspire others to continue/create stories too.:bow:

Peasant Phill
06-14-2006, 11:39
Have you decided what country we are, so we could start gathering information?

Franconicus
06-14-2006, 12:49
You will play the Germans. Not very originally!
Please do not hurry! I will not start before the championship is over!

Keba
06-14-2006, 13:17
You will play the Germans. Not very originally!
Please do not hurry! I will not start before the championship is over!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Germany didn't operate much in the Mediterranean, except for the Afrika Korps, there were no other forces there. Unless I missed something completely, only Italy and Britain were involved in any sizeable force there (and later, the US), since Vichy France stayed neutral.

Franconicus
06-14-2006, 15:23
Since they occupied Yugoslavia and Greece and had troops in Romania and Bulgaria you can say they operated at the Med. Think about Crete, mining of the Suez Channel, bombing of British ships, Malta Blitz ... .

As I said before this campaign will not have a Navy focus, even though it acts in the Med. And it is an interactive, that means things are different from the past now and you can change it!!

Uesugi Kenshin
06-15-2006, 02:31
Franc the Org has a feature where a forum/sub-forum can be made invisible, and/or passworded. If you wanted a two-sided interactive I bet you could ask the staff to allow you to use that.

Franconicus
06-16-2006, 09:16
A good advice. However, there is one problem; from my last game I know that there are more people just watching than acting. Some of them pop out and start giving comments later. If we make two dircetories and make them unvisible for all the rest, it would be a closed thing.

Rodion Romanovich
06-16-2006, 10:03
Good points, perhaps the only way is to use a forum somewhere else like Kraxis did?

AggonyDuck
06-16-2006, 13:10
The only problem I see with being the Germans is the lack of a proper navy under our control. Really limits our options to paratrooper assaults and relying on the Italians for transports and supplies.:no: (with the occasional use of the Luftwaffe)

Uesugi Kenshin
06-16-2006, 14:20
Hmmm, well other than posting a third public thread that only contains information that both teams have access to there doesn't seem to be a way to keep the teams seperate and the game public, besides pm'ing the update to each member of each team. That's too bad, because I'd really like to play an interactive against some of the people here.

Well even if it is only a one-sided interactive, or is two-sided with another forum I'd still be like to pop-in now and again and participate.

Franconicus
06-19-2006, 07:06
The only problem I see with being the Germans is the lack of a proper navy under our control. Really limits our options to paratrooper assaults and relying on the Italians for transports and supplies.:no: (with the occasional use of the Luftwaffe)
I could not have described it better :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4:

AggonyDuck
06-19-2006, 22:15
Italy on the other hand would be great fun.So many possible ways to screw up there, that you pretty much need a miracle to win. ~:)

Keba
06-19-2006, 22:41
Italy on the other hand would be great fun.So many possible ways to screw up there, that you pretty much need a miracle to win. ~:)

Nope, then it wouldn't be political, but purely military. With Germany, we have to strong-arm the Italians into doing things ... and screwing up while they're at it.

AntiochusIII
06-21-2006, 06:42
Nope, then it wouldn't be political, but purely military. With Germany, we have to strong-arm the Italians into doing things ... and screwing up while they're at it.Graziani be damned!

Ahem, anyway, you can count on me helping the Fox to his Alexandrian lair. Once in a while. Nice initiative, anyway, Franco (*hint, hint*).

Carry on.

IrishArmenian
06-23-2006, 04:01
Alright, does this interactive start with our initiative? Who is what nation?

Franconicus
06-23-2006, 07:28
IA,

The story will start after the worldcup in the convential way.

If you have time to spend you can get familliar with the situation after the fall of France. I assume that most of the people in the monastery are quite familliar with WW2. It may be a big advantage to know the 'rest of the story' in advance. However, it may be a drawback as well. You should not rely on what you know about what happened in 1940-1945 or even later. You should really try to dip into the scene of 1940.

AntiochusIII
06-23-2006, 07:51
Well, as long as we can say "no problemo" after a stupid Hitler order and then ignore it completely (like Rommel always does anyway) then I'm fine. ~;)

Franconicus
06-23-2006, 09:24
Well, as long as we can say "no problemo" after a stupid Hitler order and then ignore it completely (like Rommel always does anyway) then I'm fine. ~;)
Well, in the beginning Rommel did not ignore Hitler's orders. He just interprated them very generously. His 'reconaissance' mission almost let him to Cairo :laugh4:
I think you can ignore Hitler's orders as long as you are extremly successful. In any other case you may be dead.
Rommel once refused to follow Hitler's order. However, then he already had a big reputation.

In our story you will start as a no name low rank officer. You can make recommantations and you will have to gain the trust of Hitler and other important persons.

Csargo
06-23-2006, 22:09
This sounds pretty fun I think I'll get in on this one.

Keba
06-23-2006, 23:17
In our story you will start as a no name low rank officer. You can make recommantations and you will have to gain the trust of Hitler and other important persons.

I suppose that mean that we'll be in Berlin ... so, it's brown-nosing all the way, at least, until a promotion, or a convenient assasintaion of Hitler. :sweatdrop:

IrishMike
06-24-2006, 07:39
This sounds like my type of Interactive... Count me in when it starts.