PDA

View Full Version : Mercenaries For All fix for Chivalry Beta 0.34

Epistolary Richard
06-09-2006, 23:15
Mercenaries For All fix for Chivalry Beta 0.34

This is a fan fix for the mercenaries in Chivalry - not only will you be able to recruit mercenaries without the game crashing, but you'll also find the AI using mercenaries as well.

Download (http://www.totalwar.org/Downloads/Rtw_Uploads/RTWupload/Chivmodded.zip)

Install instructions
Drag the Data folder in the zip file into the Chivalry folder. It should ask if you want to overwrite the script files - say 'Yes to All'. If it doesn't then you've installed it to the wrong place.

Multiplayer compatibility
This fix only replaces the script files which shouldn't affect multiplayer. I'd appreciate confirmation of this though.

This fix has been okay'ed for release by the Chivalry team. Anyone who wishes to use it in other submods should request permission from them.

Full changelog:
1) Addition of AI Recruitment of mercenaries section to Chivalry_Main_Script.txt
- SettlementName condition uses visible name
- I_SettlementOwner condition uses internal name
- create_unit - it appears - can use either

2) In mercs_trebizond_archers.txt corrected name from Chaldea (province) to Trapezos (town) - this change will also have to be made in the export_descr_advice trigger if the advisor is ever to appear.

3) In mercs_badajoz_jinetes.txt corrected name from Lusitania (province) to Badajoz (town) - this change will also have to be made in the export_descr_advice trigger if the advisor is ever to appear.

4) To all merc script files deleted sections causing CTD and added
select_ui_element advisor_dismiss_button
simulate_mouse_click lclick_down
simulate_mouse_click lclick_up

which dismisses the advisor after the mercenaries have been accepted.

Ciaran
06-10-2006, 12:33
Great job :2thumbsup:
You should post it in the TWC forum as well (I´ve checked a few minutes ago).

alpaca
06-12-2006, 20:43
If you don't mind I'll probably use your AI script as a template for the chiv script generator I'm currently writing ;)

Epistolary Richard
06-12-2006, 22:43
Not at all, I don't mind :thumbsup: