PDA

View Full Version : How do i change my desktop font colour ?

doc_bean
06-10-2006, 19:37
in XP ? I now have a white background and it isn't exactly easy reading...

Quietus
06-10-2006, 21:29
in XP ? I now have a white background and it isn't exactly easy reading...
Display properties>appearance>advanced (I think). :)

doc_bean
06-10-2006, 22:19
That only seems to have properties for items in windows, not for the desktop ~:mecry:

Quietus
06-10-2006, 23:01
That only seems to have properties for items in windows, not for the desktop ~:mecry: Hmm...I removed my wallpaper and the icon font automatically turned black but when I put it back, it turns white again. You're using a white wallpaper Doc?

Try the graphics card if it has a desktop utility.

Beirut
06-11-2006, 00:07
Left click mouse, call up properties, go into desktop and/or appearance and play around with the colours.

Something should work for you.

doc_bean
06-11-2006, 08:46
Apparently it's hard coded :furious3:

As soon as I use an image it gives me white letters :furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :help:

(you can change size in appearances, but not colour)

EDIT: the text changes to black automatically if you disable shadows under desktop items (in system>advanced, go figure), now if only I could make the background for the text transparent....

Sigurd
06-12-2006, 09:24
Apparently it's hard coded :furious3:

As soon as I use an image it gives me white letters :furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :help:

(you can change size in appearances, but not colour)

EDIT: the text changes to black automatically if you disable shadows under desktop items (in system>advanced, go figure), now if only I could make the background for the text transparent....

You have a white background, and you want to make the text labels of your icons transparent?
Is this because you do have a desktop wallpaper in addition to the white background?
The disabling of shadows under desktop items gives you background colour on the icon labels.
Also if you have an active desktop it will give you background coloured icon labels.

To make them transparent you have to enable Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop.
Then if it applies:
Disable web-content on your desktop.
(Uncheck all items in Desktop Items – ([right click] desktop -> Properties -> Customize desktop -> Web)).
If this fails – ([right click] desktop -> Arrange Icons by -> Lock Web items on desktop)

doc_bean
06-12-2006, 11:30
You have a white background, and you want to make the text labels of your icons transparent?

yes

Is this because you do have a desktop wallpaper in addition to the white background?

yes

The disabling of shadows under desktop items gives you background colour on the icon labels.
Also if you have an active desktop it will give you background coloured icon labels.

indeed

To make them transparent you have to enable Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop.
Then if it applies:
Disable web-content on your desktop.
(Uncheck all items in Desktop Items – ([right click] desktop -> Properties -> Customize desktop -> Web)).
If this fails – ([right click] desktop -> Arrange Icons by -> Lock Web items on desktop)

they still have a white background (so black text in a white box on a white-ish desktop background)

Sigurd
06-12-2006, 11:44
The last point I made… I forgot to specify, Lock Web Items on Desktop should be unchecked…

doc_bean
06-12-2006, 15:28
The last point I made… I forgot to specify, Lock Web Items on Desktop should be unchecked…

But then it just gives me white text. Which is pretty much illegible.