PDA

View Full Version : Can I PLEASE join the original PBeM Multiplayer?

Ignoramus
06-12-2006, 04:01
I know it is silly creating an entire new thread, but I didn't see any other thread that would be relevant.

Can I please join this campaign as Dacia? I know you have already stretched the limit more than you were going to, but could you stretch it a tiny bit more? I know that this is very "selfish" of me, and so I understand if you don't allow me to join.

I know there are otherr PBeM Multiplayer Campaigns, but this looks the most interesting of them all, with all the alliances etc.

I am sorry if this a bother, and I apologize in advance if this was unwarranted.

Ignoramus.

General_Sun
06-12-2006, 04:37
Darcia would certainly make things more interesting. Of course it's up to UltraWar or Myrddraal.

kburkert
06-12-2006, 07:33
I say yes but you have to ask myrddraal and ultra.

Monarch
06-12-2006, 15:44
To be honest mate, theres several alternatives (check out the BI one, the way that works looks great) so its not like we're excluding one person, IMO though we already have more than enough.

UltraWar
06-12-2006, 17:32
I'd think about adding you to the PBEM... but I will see what Myradraal says.

General_Sun
06-12-2006, 18:03
Well campaign 3 is full tehnically, but we have room for one more I think.

UltraWar
06-12-2006, 18:06
Well campaign 3 is full tehnically, but we have room for one more I think.
You told me all the places are taken :inquisitive:

kburkert
06-12-2006, 18:17
Well XGM PBEM campaign is the best.

Silver Rusher
06-12-2006, 19:31
Why, exactly?

UltraWar
06-12-2006, 19:45
actually vanilla RTW is the best campaign...

Myrddraal
06-12-2006, 20:08
Why, exactly?
It's his favorite mod :grin:

Ignoramus, it's all about timing. Think about how long it is going to take us just to play out one year...

@ Ultra, maybe we could let him play, but with stricter timing conditions. I.e. less than a day to play his turn.

Silver Rusher
06-12-2006, 20:11
I think that most of us are in the same time zone anyway, Myrddraal. That's why I see most of these posts coming in at the same time. If people check their email EVERY SINGLE TIME they use the computer, we shouldnt have a real problem with time. Plus, the diplomatic discussions outside the game are half the fun.

UltraWar
06-12-2006, 20:11
It's his favorite mod :grin:

Ignoramus, it's all about timing. Think about how long it is going to take us just to play out one year...

@ Ultra, maybe we could let him play, but with stricter timing conditions. I.e. less than a day to play his turn.
No problem

Announcement: Glaucus will have to leave the PBeM at the end of June... [personal reasons]

AwesomeArcher
06-12-2006, 20:33
I say let him play, but it is up to you. This is just a suggestion, but maybe we could set up times, such as weekends (because of the time difference) where everyone can get on we can move faster through the game.

RickFGS
06-12-2006, 20:53
I sugest creating a thread for Game play where all players say they have Got, Played and Sent (GPS) the game file with the turn description followed by the turns events and screenchots.

Example:----Player X------

GPS, Turn 1, 320BC. => to player Y

Attacked X settlement, losing X men as screenshot refltecs.
-Screenshot-

----Next player-----

GPS Turn1, 320BC => to player Z

-----and so on-----

As for Ignoraumus sure why not, its just one more.

Myrddraal
06-12-2006, 20:57
This is just a suggestion, but maybe we could set up times, such as weekends (because of the time difference) where everyone can get on we can move faster through the game.

I sugest creating a thread for Game play where all players say they have Got, Played and Sent (GPS) the game file with the turn description followed by the turns events and screenchots.

I agree with both of these suggestions.

OK Ignoramus, it would seem you're in. Good luck :bow:

PS @ Sun, it's Dacia not Darcia

Glaucus
06-12-2006, 21:37
Hold up, I though you were taking over for me when I left Ignoramus, at the end of June. I'll only be playing a couple of turns, so you'll pretty much have Spain. I was under the impression you had already agreed to it...

shadowarmy75
06-12-2006, 21:39
If we are doing this after school ends, we could just post when we expect to be finished and the next person can reserve that time to play and they will be off the hook until then.

Ignoramus
06-12-2006, 22:54
I was going to too, but taking over halfwalf through isn't the same as starting. However, I think there are some spare people in the BI PBeM, I am sure someone there will take over from you. I am sorry if I made it look like I was going to, in actual fact I was until I made this thread.

General_Sun
06-12-2006, 23:05
You told me all the places are taken :inquisitive:

Well technically it is, but one more player won't kill us... But we just had one more player... so another player might lol. :laugh4:

Well in any case, I've started a signup thread for any future registrants to be put on a waiting list. And thanks Myrddraal, :laugh4: :oops:

Ignoramus
06-14-2006, 00:06
Actually, can I be Thrace now?

Myrddraal
06-14-2006, 00:42
Seeing as we haven't started play yet, I don't see why not.