PDA

View Full Version : A bit new to MP

Lucjan
06-12-2006, 10:33
I'm a bit new to MP, the closest thing I've ever done to it was splitting cities/army control with a buddy of mine and hopping in and out of the computer chair. lol

But it looks really interesting, can somebody give me a quick explanation of how this works, and if there's a new one starting soon? I'd be interested in hopping on board.

UltraWar
06-12-2006, 17:34
I'm a bit new to MP, the closest thing I've ever done to it was splitting cities/army control with a buddy of mine and hopping in and out of the computer chair. lol

But it looks really interesting, can somebody give me a quick explanation of how this works, and if there's a new one starting soon? I'd be interested in hopping on board.

Do you want to play PBEM?

well if you do, search all the other available ones as there should be one.

Silver Rusher
06-12-2006, 19:35

You use the word "hopping" a lot, don't you?

Everything you need to know is in here: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=64876

Myrddraal
06-12-2006, 20:06
Welcome to the .org Lucjan :thumbsup: It's not surprising that you're new to MP, seeing as I only just recently released the MP campaign script. :bow:

Monarch
06-12-2006, 20:13
You use the word "hopping" a lot, don't you?

Everything you need to know is in here: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=64876

Twice? :inquisitive:

Glaucus
06-12-2006, 21:34
a multiplayer campaign is the awesome new script that Myrddraal created. In a nutshell: You start a campaign, run the script, play your turn, then save the game and send your friend the save game (hence PBeM play by e-mail). Your friend plays as a different faction, runs the script, plays his turn, then sends you his save game, so its you playing against him in a multiplayer campaign. Right now there are a couple going on, one for RTW 1.5, one for XGM RTW, and one for RTW BI. (RTW with 1.5 patch, extended greek mod rome total war, and rome total war with expansion pack barbarian invasion).

Lucjan
06-13-2006, 14:34
Ok, read through myrdaal's thread and I've got a pretty good idea of what's going on now.

There seems to be a lot of them running already so I'll try to hop on the 1.5 one...since you guys seem to like that word.

And if anybody is thinking of running a Rome Total Realism one in the near future, pm me in case I miss the post. >.< Quite a few of them to juggle around here. :juggle2: