PDA

View Full Version : Questions/suggestions

Kalle
06-12-2006, 13:54
Hello Cegorach,

I couldnt help myself but to download and start play your mod in spite of my doubts regarding many things in your view on this period of history. However theres no question that a very strong effort has been done. :2thumbsup:

I have one question for sp campaign starting 1648. I started the campaign as Sweden and was surprised to see that Sweden has no presence in northern Germany when historically at this time Sweden had a strong presence there (together with france winner of 30-year war as you know).

I think Pommern or Schleswig/Holstein (province south of Denmark) should be a Swedish province and wonder why you have chosen not to do so?

regards

Kalle

cegorach
06-12-2006, 15:00
I was thinking about it for now I decided to give Brandenburg the Pomeranian province - there is no East Prussia yet.
Saxony ( northern Germany) was given to Danemark because it had a part of it and with the Swedish deployed there Danish would be really surroundered with Sweden from all directions.

I thought that Sweden, Finland, Livona and Estonia is god enough for now, however it is temporary solution.

I plan to add more provinces - Courland, East Prussia and most likely Swedish Pommern ( maybe called differently) to the Baltic Provinces as well as some other ones in different areas.:book:

Kalle
06-12-2006, 17:22
Ah, okies, thanks for answer :)

Is it possible to divide into as many provinces one like to have?

Kalle

cegorach
06-12-2006, 17:28
No. So it is really a very hard choice, but at least we do not need so many provinces in Middle East so things like Edessa will have to go...:book:

BTW In patch MP section I will add more than 6 new units for Swedes - but it is only for MP.

Kalle
06-12-2006, 20:49
Sound good :)

I have yet to try mp.

Kalle

Figaro123
06-24-2006, 18:54
Wow, great mod. Especially as it fills in just the right years more or less between the end of MTW and the beginning of Napoleonic Total War... now I can play with one Faction over almost 1,000 years!

A couple of issues that arose during play...

1) Scotland should be a Catholic faction, not a Protestant one. It was the difference in religion that caused lots of tension between them and England; also the alliances with France were based largely on their common religion.

2) The proper adjective for the people of Tuscany should be Etruscans, not Tuscanians. Is it possible to get rid of the "The" on the faction choice screen altogether? That way you could also avoid such tounge-twisters as the Brandenburgians, too.

3) For some reason, the names of the new provinces don't show up on my map. The new provinces are there, but all the names are in their normal places (so Constantinople is just blank, with the name in Nicea). I know this isn't anything to do with my computer, because I have the XL mod installed which uses the same map and the problem doesn't arise.

4) I had the wierdest bug of all... a rebel uprising in my province (it happened in Algeria and Morrocco) consisted of a Spy. Not as an agent, but as a military unit. I bribed it in order to see what it did; it didn't do any of the normal spy tasks but acted just like a regular unit. I tried to use it in battle but the game crashed after I chose what weather I wanted to attack in.

5) For some reason, my ships don't seem to be able to sail through the straits of Gibraltar. They can enter that sea space but not move beyond it into the mediterranean. I've yet to try this with a ship moving the other way.

cegorach
06-24-2006, 21:23
1) Scotland should be a Catholic faction, not a Protestant one. It was the difference in religion that caused lots of tension between them and England; also the alliances with France were based largely on their common religion.

================> Not for a long time though, I wanted to keep all the factions with the same religion for the whole time and campaigns, but I think I will change it new few cases, but only cauple of factions will have ther religion adjusted.

2) The proper adjective for the people of Tuscany should be Etruscans, not Tuscanians. Is it possible to get rid of the "The" on the faction choice screen altogether? That way you could also avoid such tounge-twisters as the Brandenburgians, too.

==============> Fine. Thanks. The - I am not sure, I will check the files tomorrow.

3) For some reason, the names of the new provinces don't show up on my map. The new provinces are there, but all the names are in their normal places (so Constantinople is just blank, with the name in Nicea). I know this isn't anything to do with my computer, because I have the XL mod installed which uses the same map and the problem doesn't arise.

===============> Because I used only part of XL map i.e. the small maps defining borders withoud adding the big files which would add over 30 Megabytes to the install files. I will make a new map anyway and XL map was only for the 1.5. release.

4) I had the wierdest bug of all... a rebel uprising in my province (it happened in Algeria and Morrocco) consisted of a Spy. Not as an agent, but as a military unit. I bribed it in order to see what it did; it didn't do any of the normal spy tasks but acted just like a regular unit. I tried to use it in battle but the game crashed after I chose what weather I wanted to attack in.

============> Muslim rebells (not loyalists) are bugged, patch will correct it.

5) For some reason, my ships don't seem to be able to sail through the straits of Gibraltar. They can enter that sea space but not move beyond it into the mediterranean. I've yet to try this with a ship moving the other way.

This is intentional - see on-line guide. It divides the sea areas into two zones which makes the game more interesting.

I will close this topic. Please use the main mod thread - XVI-XVII for the future :book: