View Full Version : Blue Lotus Open Beta

Pages : [1] 2

hoggy
06-12-2006, 16:43
http://www.awrate.com/chrishogg/images/postlogo.jpg
BLUE LOTUS OPEN BETA V1.0
Mod for Rome Total War 1.5

Mod
Download: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1903618&postcount=2 (Rinsui's 1st update)
Size: 300MB aprox

Music patch
Download: http://lordz.thelordz.co.uk/downloads/Blue_Lotus/BLUE_LOTUS_MUSIC.rar
Size 90MB aprox

use 7-zip(free)
www.7-zip.org

Blue Lotus is a fantasy mod derived from the history and mythology of China, Japan and India. The map is a distorted map of Asia which is being encroached upon from the west by a huge force of demons and mythological creatures. With over 120 new units, factions include Japanese, Chinese, Indian, Demon, Korean, Mongol and the Monks. All the factions are warring for control of the world and to gain the ultimate prize… The Blue Lotus

VERY IMPORTANT INSTALL INFORMATION:

1. Install clean version of RTW (NOTE BL overwrites RTW so best to make a seperate copy)
2. Download and install patch 1.3 http://www.totalwar.com/community/download.htm
3. Download and install patch 1.5 http://www.totalwar.com/community/download.htm
4. Download Vercingetorix's PAK extractor tool. http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/?act=mod&id=43 or http://files.filefront.com/fileparser_v1zip/;5344187;;/fileinfo.html
5. Copy the contents of the unpaker into Data/packs in your clean version of RTW 1.5.
6. Run the .bat file and let run completely. this may take a while. After its done you'll see a new data folder in the packs directory.
7. CUT or MOVE (not copy) this new Data folder and paste it over the root Data folder allowing it to overwrite everything. NOTE: There should be no Data folder left in Packs.
8. Go back to the packs folder and rename all the pak files remaining (except the patch_0 and patch_1) You can just rename them with a couple of xx in the front ie sprites_1.pak rename to xxsprites_1.pak
9. Download Blue Lotus and copy it's Data folder over the Data folder in the root.
10. Install music patch (see readme in music download for install instructions)
11. Run Rome, go to Imperial Campaign. Enjoy. :bow: REMEBER TO SAVE BEFORE EACH TURN. Random AI crashes can occur in this version.
12. Please report bugs at the Blue Lotus subforum.

NOTES:
Mod Home: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=96

Copyright: Blue Lotus is not supported by CA and is a non profit making enterprise. This is a Beta version and may be buggy. All images and contents are copyright of their respective creators.
Feel free to re-use any original BL content in any other non-profit mods as long as the respective artists are credited. If possible contact us for details on authors.
http://www.awrate.com/chrishogg/images/U25.gif
Factions: Blue Lotus has always been designed to be played as the Japanese, Chinese or Indian factions. And is most complete as these factions. The Demon faction is playable but is very easy on the current settings. The Korean and Mongol factions are 'mini' factions ie they have a smaller selection of unit types and have non-unique UI and names etc. They are playable but not as rounded as other factions.

Limitations: Blue Lotus was always conceived as a bit of fun. Fun to make and fun to play. There are many areas where due to lack of manpower and time we have taken shortcuts. This gives a working, overall impression whilst still allowing us to release the mod within our lifetimes. Examples; Cities do not have different building models for every building type, units don't have LODs, 2D artwork for message screens are mostly drawn from historical/illustrative sources rather than hand drawn like the building images. There are very few new animations in game. There should, however, be plenty here to give the feel of a complete Mod.

CREDITS:
http://www.awrate.com/chrishogg/images/Intro14BLUE.jpg
other credits go to: Familyguy, Ghengis Kahn, Rinsui

hoggy
06-12-2006, 16:45
Please only reply to this thread with install problems :bow:

edyzmedieval
06-12-2006, 16:45
Yahoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Thank you Hoggy-san. :bow:

Alexanderofmacedon
06-12-2006, 17:19
Last time I tried to DL a mod it screwed up my RTW. It's fixed now, but I want to know how long before it's actually completely finished instead of being a Beta (if ever).

Do I have to DL the music patch or is that why you didn't add it to the main DL?

hoggy
06-12-2006, 19:36
The best bet is to do a copy of a fresh install. BL will overwrite RTW and replace it so do it on a different version. You only need to download the music if you want our music to go with the mod.

saulot333
06-12-2006, 23:52
Could I install it over a clean version of BI 1.6? Thank you Hoggy, thank you indeed.

General_Sun
06-13-2006, 00:09
Props Hoggy for making it this far.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=53238

lolalot222
06-13-2006, 00:13
Is the full version coming out soon and will it be this confusing to install????

I WANN PLAY WIT HUGE ELEPHANTS:dizzy2:

Antagonist
06-13-2006, 00:25
Congratulations hoggy, you deserve the highest praise for your achievements!

Been playing for 3 hours as the Choson, and the sheer extent of the work that has gone into Blue Lotus is astounding. Can't wait to go into battle against the Demons.

Well done hoggy :2thumbsup:

Antagonist

Trajen the 1st
06-13-2006, 02:49
Hoggy you are god!!:balloon2: Downloadin now, BTW the music pack link doesint seem to be working.:oops:

richwkc
06-13-2006, 03:58
WOW........ Finally.......

THank you Hoggy

The first thing I checked when I got off work was world cup score and this mod.

And my dream finally come true!!!

TigerVX
06-13-2006, 06:32
Indeed, I'd also like to know if this mod works on BI. It is perhaps one of the most anticipated community mods, and congrats for making all the way to an Open Public Beta Hoggy!

hoggy
06-13-2006, 08:06
It's not compatible with BI yet unfortunately. we tried but there were a few hurdles we couldn't jump. Possibly in the future.

I should point out this mod is a team effort not just me There is a list of members in the current status link. Hope everyone is enjoying it.

TigerVX
06-13-2006, 08:38
It's not compatible with BI yet unfortunately. we tried but there were a few hurdles we couldn't jump. Possibly in the future.

I should point out this mod is a team effort not just me There is a list of members in the current status link. Hope everyone is enjoying it.

Umm... What exactly is wrong with the BI version... >_>? I have it installed on BI right now, and it appears to work fine. (As in, RTW folder, not the Bi folder) Is there something I should look out for, should I reinstall entirely? Its been smooth sailing for the entire time and I've played for at least 20 turns, no CTDs or anything o_oa.

saulot333
06-13-2006, 09:40
Hoggy, I have a 15-20% chance of CTD each end turn, playing as blue china...is it normal? CTDs are not persistent but it's a bit tedious having to restart RTW all the time...
TigerVX, I have tried it on BI and on pure RTW and I think that there are some missing features on the BI version...nothing necessary.
Why are sprites removed? I had huge slowdown till I manually re-introduced them. Now it works like a charm. Did I already said it's the best mod I have ever played?

Duke John
06-13-2006, 11:39
WinRAR keeps reporting an unexpected end of the RAR file. The others do not seem to have this problem, but does anyone what the cause could be?

Marcvs Traianvs
06-13-2006, 12:17
download links dont work:

PS: hoggy would u like me to mirror it for a bit?

-Marcvs

Marcvs Traianvs
06-13-2006, 12:20
sorry for the double post but as I am not allowed to edit..the rar error sounds like a corrupted download.

hoggy
06-13-2006, 12:58
It should be ok, maybe just busy. try again in a bit.

sithlord85
06-13-2006, 12:58
omg...i will download this for sure!!!!!!!

Im Weird
06-13-2006, 17:38
AHH! WINRAR END OF FILE?!? Whats going on.....
Also when i try to save it to my computer before the download starts the download keeps on ending at random places

PLEASE HOST ANOTHER MIRROR!

Lehesu
06-13-2006, 21:15
When I try to remove the data file created in pack, it tells me that it cannot be moved because a program is using it.:help:

Im Weird
06-13-2006, 21:51
Ill love it if there would be any other download links for the mod! Im extremely bored waiting for a new link because ive been trying to download with that link (about 23 times now:wall: :furious3: :furious3: :coffeenews: ). Please hoggy post a new link im soooooooooooo desperate to play this game to the full.

Samurai Fanatic
06-13-2006, 22:36
The same things happening to me.:wall: :wall:

General_Sun
06-14-2006, 01:14
Lol dudes, mirror coming...

hoggy
06-14-2006, 06:02
Thank you General Sun, that's a real help. :bow:

Ignoble
06-14-2006, 06:21
Sorry, if I sound like a noob, but how did you manually re-introduce the sprites?

Perplexed
06-14-2006, 07:05
Just one question: Do I need WinRar to install this, and if I do, then can someone give me a download link?

saulot333
06-14-2006, 07:45
Sorry, if I sound like a noob, but how did you manually re-introduce the sprites?
Go to the data folder, open descr_model_battle, look at the huge list of units. Delete all " ; " before lines which say model_sprite etc. LEAVE THE CHINESE HEAVY SPEARMAN WITHOUT SPRITES, CTDS if you don't

Im Weird
06-14-2006, 08:02
Thank you General Sun when you eventually host the new mirror.....i feel like hugging you.

Samurai Fanatic
06-14-2006, 08:17
A new mirror? Brilliant! I will be able to download it finally and fully cause the lords one just was crap.

hoggy
06-14-2006, 09:17
Cheers General Sun, can you post the link here when it's up. It'll really help us out.

The_White_Knight
06-14-2006, 11:47
Go to the data folder, open descr_model_battle, look at the huge list of units. Delete all " ; " before lines which say model_sprite etc. LEAVE THE CHINESE HEAVY SPEARMAN WITHOUT SPRITES, CTDS if you don't
Thank you! I'll test that immediately and see if it improves my framerate. :2thumbsup:

Frost
06-14-2006, 15:56
Hi Hoggy and team, at first i have to say that this mod is one of my most wanted mods since i saw the first screenshots long ago! And i am very happy that i have now the chance to try it out, BUT :help:

i am no newbie in installation of mods, i am coding for myself for a long time but i cant get this fantastic mod to run. I followed the instructions completely, but when i start the game it goes to the 1rst blue lotus loading screen and when the bar comes to the middle it crashes.
I am using the -show err command but i cant get back to the desktop so i cant say if there is an error message or not. A complete restart of my computer ist nessesary.

Again thanks for this fantastic looking mod :2thumbsup:

redhen
06-14-2006, 16:44
Hi Hoggy and team, at first i have to say that this mod is one of my most wanted mods since i saw the first screenshots long ago! And i am very happy that i have now the chance to try it out, BUT :help:

i am no newbie in installation of mods, i am coding for myself for a long time but i cant get this fantastic mod to run. I followed the instructions completely, but when i start the game it goes to the 1rst blue lotus loading screen and when the bar comes to the middle it crashes.
I am using the -show err command but i cant get back to the desktop so i cant say if there is an error message or not. A complete restart of my computer ist nessesary.

I was getting this at first, turned out I didn't have the additional Music files installed properly.

Frost
06-14-2006, 16:56
to sad, but i left the additionell music out of my last installation so this can't be the source of the error, :no: but now i have been able to take a short look on the error message, something like protection error?!

any idea?

hoggy
06-14-2006, 16:57

Gah, sorry. I don't know mate. You're definitely installing onto a clean version of RTW 1.5 not BI? It can't be the mod by simple elimination as other people haven't had the problem. Try again?

Frost
06-14-2006, 17:13
I definitely installed onto a clean version of RTW 1.5, two times.
With deleting all old files etc... reinstalling, patching up etc...,
but now i had short look on something like protection error, seems to me that some other program maybe the troublemaker, i try some other way.

Frost
06-14-2006, 19:12
ok, for the protocol, i found the source of the damned protection error, it was nero (nomen et omen) burningprogram which did some weird debugging thing with my BL-RTW installation, uninstalled nero et voila....

and now lets the party begin! :thrasher:

General_Sun
06-14-2006, 20:12
Sorry I had to go to sleep last night, and today the second I woke up I finished the upload.

http://www.generalscollective.com/downloads/files.php?cat=3

Im Weird
06-14-2006, 21:41
Thankyou!!!!!!!!! Thankyou!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

[GG]Lord Ashram
06-14-2006, 23:58
Cant wait to try it, LH... a question tho... I followed all the steps, and I get a CTD. I am launching using the Rome exe, and I get to that very first credits/copyright screen, and then CTD. Am I doing something wrong I assume?

[GG]Lord Ashram
06-15-2006, 00:06
I didnt install the music... will that cause a CTD at the first load screen? Keep in mind, I keep getting the Rome screen, not a BL one...

L etranger
06-15-2006, 00:44
Musics installed or Not don't cause CTD.

Have you moved the DATA folder made with the extractor tool to your Rome TW root folder ?

Have you renamed the paks files in the Data/packs folder?

[GG]Lord Ashram
06-15-2006, 02:51
Yup, did both... lemme check again, see if I did something wrong:(

hoggy
06-15-2006, 08:05
General Sun's and Urke's Mirror links added to main post now. Cheers to both of them for their support.

Marcvs Traianvs
06-15-2006, 08:47
so did ya want me to mirror it?

and create a small EXE installer?

Boothferry
06-15-2006, 11:11
Lord Ashram

I was getting a similar CTD because I didn't wait for xpak to extract all the paks (there was a long wait after one of them and I assumed it had finished extracting and closed xpak :oops: , Hoggy did say it takes a while in the readme :embarassed: ).

btw the RTW copyright screen is right, I think this is the only vanilla screen left in BL.

Baldrick
06-15-2006, 14:47
Hoggy, Don't know if its been mentioned already (to busy to read the whole thread...I hate work) but CA\SEGA seem to have chnged their website so the links for the patches mentioned on the first post don't work any more..the RTW patches can now all be found here:
http://www.totalwar.com/index.html?page=/en/support/supportrome.html&nav=/en/8/1/

General_Sun
06-15-2006, 15:18
You're welcome guys, but hoggy your first post link to my site doesn't work. You can't copy the shortened link that way, click on the link, then copy and paste the full url, and on the forum it'll show the shortened version.

Meothar
06-15-2006, 17:58
so did ya want me to mirror it?

and create a small EXE installer?

Yes, I need an intaller because I'm much too stupid to do it the way this mod needs to (yes, I have tried).

Marcvs Traianvs
06-15-2006, 20:53
want it to be any version of rome complient?

Morray
06-15-2006, 22:29
Why are you really lazy? :inquisitive:

[GG]Lord Ashram
06-15-2006, 22:40
Hm, I was pretty sure I allowed them to unpack fully, but I'll give that another try.

Perplexed
06-16-2006, 00:09
Just one question: Do I need WinRar to install this, and if I do, then can someone give me a download link?

Does my question fall on deaf ears, or am i missing something?

General_Sun
06-16-2006, 00:24
Rarlabs.com

edit: here's a better link. google.com

Give a man a fish feed him for a week, teach the man how to fish feed him for a lifetime.

Perplexed
06-16-2006, 00:36
Rarlabs.com

edit: here's a better link. google.com

Give a man a fish feed him for a week, teach the man how to fish feed him for a lifetime.

I really needed that philosophical chastisement :shame: . Thanks anyway.

Perplexed
06-16-2006, 04:36
Okay, something has gone horribly wrong with my installation.

I followed all the instructions set out, with a perfectly clean 1.3 -> 1.5 modded vanilla RTW, and when I start the game the vanilla intro movie plays, etc. and i come to the first BL screen with its little loading bar. Now this is when the weird crap starts to happen. I have a few seconds to look at the loading screen (sometimes the bar fills halfway and sometimes it just stays empty) and then the monitor goes black, and I start hearing inexplicable sounds of grunting elephants and screaming men in the background. The blackness is actually broken occasionally, and I can see the loading bar filling up, but it always disappears after a second or two and when it reappears it starts again at the beginning (it never fills up entirely). Sometimes I can see bits of my desktop as well. I can ctrl+alt+del whenever I want and the task manager says the program is running normally, but obviously it isn't and I was wondering if anyone could help me with this? I'm going insane. :wall:

*edit*
Another funny thing is that when I have gone into the task manager, I can actually hear coherent music (it sounds nice), while when I'm in the program all I can hear are those hideous grunts and shrieks.

Meothar
06-16-2006, 12:32
want it to be any version of rome complient?

Doesn't matter, but an installer would be useful anyway because many people have problems installing.

Marcvs Traianvs
06-16-2006, 15:41
okay the installer is done, this is bigger - but it includes:

-stuff to make it compliant with whatever vanilla you have installed (and probaby some mods) thats 1.0 , 1.2 , 1.3 , (1.4? - not sure if this is RTW or BI) and 1.5:

- Blue Lotus Open Beta
- Blue Lotus Patch
- Blue Lotus Music Pack

So if someone could volouteer to test this installer on an unmodded RTW (any version wiil do, then please pm me and ill tell you how to get it!

-Marcvs

Marshal Murat
06-16-2006, 18:38
I downloaded the Beta, and extracted all files except for the Data. When I extract, my comp restarts.

Marcvs Traianvs
06-16-2006, 19:40
okay the installer is done, this is bigger (circa 275MB) - but it includes:

-stuff to make it compliant with whatever vanilla you have installed (and probaby some mods) thats 1.0 , 1.2 , 1.3 , (1.4? - not sure if this is RTW or BI) and 1.5:

- Blue Lotus Open Beta
- Blue Lotus Patch
- Blue Lotus Music Pack

So if someone could volouteer to test this installer on an unmodded RTW (any version wiil do, then please pm me and ill tell you how to get it!

-Marcvs

King of the dutch
06-17-2006, 11:07
Sure i will do it. I have a clean BI version. Is that ok?

lemme know

grtz kod

King of the dutch
06-17-2006, 11:30
I have an error. I'm missing a file. I have bi installed.

https://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i31/kingofthedutch/error2.jpg

Could anyone help.

Ranbir
06-17-2006, 12:51
You think there will be any problems created with those with the new Alexander add on? Not that I mind... I'm willing to uninstall everything but vanilla to play this. :\

Marshal Murat
06-17-2006, 14:05
I'll do it, got BI as well.
I uninstalled BI, and installed the installer, it shutdown my comp. and I'm missing an animation file.

mystic brew
06-18-2006, 16:00
You think there will be any problems created with those with the new Alexander add on? Not that I mind... I'm willing to uninstall everything but vanilla to play this. :\

nope.

Tested it the other day. Alexander just adds a file into the root just like bi does. works fine for me, anyway

don776
06-18-2006, 19:52
hi im having a shitload of trouble with WinAce, trying to extract data folder in the 1.0 beta download, however it keeps bloody locking up. i give up after 25min of waiting each time
other .rar files work fine, but this one just keeps locking up, its pissed me off to tears, i seriously cried over the 4 hours lost to trying to make this stupid program unpack the beta-data folder.
can you please tell me where i can get a winzip file or someshit to make the pain go away?

Daimon
06-18-2006, 19:57
Try using Winrar maybe that works.

The Last to serve
06-18-2006, 21:05
I have an error. I'm missing a file. I have bi installed.

https://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i31/kingofthedutch/error2.jpg

Could anyone help.

Hello im very new to the forums. but i am also having the same error message as King of the dutch. I used the regualr installing methods on page one I did everything correctly but seems when i double click on the RTW icon to launch game it goes to the next screen and give me the same msg King is having. Can someone please help me and King. thank u

soibean
06-19-2006, 01:09
I get the same missing file as king and last to serve
Im doing a complete reinstall of RTW and BL and hoping for the best
I already tried a new BL install but nothing new
here's hoping for the best

The Last to serve
06-19-2006, 01:30
I HAVE also triend uninstalling RTW and reinstalling but I keep gettin the same thing. so WHAT can we do can you technical people help us out? Im sure we all really wanna experince this game

Twizzle
06-19-2006, 04:13
Hey everybody, new here, so sorry if i sounds naive, but ive followed the instructions(i think) and correct me if im wrong, please, but arent you supposed to delete all the other files that RTW had in vanilla? And then replace them with the BL files? If ive done it correct up to here, I have a slight problem, when i try to run the game, instead of a CTD i get an error that says "Failed to initialise 3D audio!" i have installed the music if that has anything to do with it? Help is greatly appreciated.

Ranbir
06-19-2006, 10:48
No, don't delete anything. Try again without deleting and see if there is still a problem. Hopefully not.

soibean
06-19-2006, 15:53
I tried another full install and still get the same error as king and last to serve

Twizzle
06-19-2006, 18:07
No, don't delete anything. Try again without deleting and see if there is still a problem. Hopefully not.
Thank you very much, sir.

King of the dutch
06-19-2006, 18:16
~:mecry: Anybody?

The Last to serve
06-19-2006, 23:02
King to fix your problem i got help... put the data folder. in the same place as the data folder for RTW.. dont put it over it just put it beside it and then it will ask to overwrite. worked for me and the games awsome... except the japs low moral...

The Last to serve
06-20-2006, 23:07
yo im having problems i installed the music patch right but... when i go to load the game it stalls on the loading bar and freezes.. i had to take out the music file to play.... any ideas on what i might of done wrong with the music file?

Martimus
06-21-2006, 07:15
Is 1.3 necessary ? For some reason I get a strange error message whenever I try to run the setup for it, it says delete your temp folder (which i've done) check your internet connection (it's working) and close all programs (which I have also done) i've never received this error message before, it's very strange.

Is there any way of bypassing 1.3 ? I've been following this mod's progress for over a year
and this is a real bummer for me.

The Last to serve
06-21-2006, 07:18
Im not sure if this will help but for 1.3 i always had to repair instead of modify.. maybe that will help..

Martimus
06-21-2006, 07:32
I got the problem sorted out after searching some forums, a few others got the same problem, so i'll post the link to the instructions on how to fix the problem here: http://p223.ezboard.com/fshoguntotalwarfrm53.showMessage?topicID=31.topic

Twizzle
06-23-2006, 04:42
Not sure if its supposed to have the regular RTW screen when u first enter the program, but after that it just CTDs, yes i am using -show_err

The Last to serve
06-23-2006, 06:10
ya ur supposed to see that ROME TOTAL WAR logo thing when u start loading the game up but after the intro and stuff it goes to blue lotus. i have no idea why u CTD tho :/

Twizzle
06-24-2006, 17:07
anybody?

neumonic
06-24-2006, 19:28
Hello people,
I'm new here. :)
I really like this mod. The unit models are very nice and I like the feel of playing total war with an oriental feel. Thank you modders.
I downloaded the beta and installed it accordingly after 1.3 and 1.5 patch.
patch up data with the Blue lotus, music addons, patch to latest fix.
I get a CTD whenever I play the Akagi clan and Zhuanshi kingdom after 2 to 3 turns. Sometimes after the first turn, CTD! Especially when AI rebels turn, it CTD. Anyone can help? I can never play the game for more than 5 mins and then CTD. It is getting frustrating I must say having to restart over again and then when I make another different move, I get a CTD again.
Did I miss anything in the install??
Appreciate if anyone can help. thanks advance.
Oh, I'm not complaining, I know it's a beta and the modders who did this are really great people. It's the best Mod for RTW besides RTR 6 gold.
I would just like to try out this beta. :2thumbsup:

Ludens
06-25-2006, 16:44
ok, for the protocol, i found the source of the damned protection error, it was nero (nomen et omen) burningprogram which did some weird debugging thing with my BL-RTW installation, uninstalled nero et voila....

and now lets the party begin! :thrasher:
I've had an identical error: game loads to 80% and then stops. I deinstalled Nero, but that didn't work. Any idea what is causing this?

neumonic
06-25-2006, 21:51
I've had an identical error: game loads to 80% and then stops. I deinstalled Nero, but that didn't work. Any idea what is causing this?
I have Nero installed and I can load my BL w/o problem. I think it's not with Nero.
However in the beginning, I did have BL load at 80%+ and nothing happened.
Later I realised that it was the music that BL was looking for.
I suggest do not install the music addons and use the default and see if it load alright. Hope this help. :)
After I got the BL to load and run, I then added the whole folder "music" into the sound folder and renamed the music.dat,
done! new music added.
best

sadly my beta game still CTD on me every 4 to 5 turns and I have to restart and make a different approach. :(

Count Flip
06-26-2006, 07:34
Hello people,
I'm new here. :)
I really like this mod. The unit models are very nice and I like the feel of playing total war with an oriental feel. Thank you modders.
I downloaded the beta and installed it accordingly after 1.3 and 1.5 patch.
patch up data with the Blue lotus, music addons, patch to latest fix.
I get a CTD whenever I play the Akagi clan and Zhuanshi kingdom after 2 to 3 turns. Sometimes after the first turn, CTD! Especially when AI rebels turn, it CTD. Anyone can help? I can never play the game for more than 5 mins and then CTD. It is getting frustrating I must say having to restart over again and then when I make another different move, I get a CTD again.
Did I miss anything in the install??
Appreciate if anyone can help. thanks advance.
Oh, I'm not complaining, I know it's a beta and the modders who did this are really great people. It's the best Mod for RTW besides RTR 6 gold.
I would just like to try out this beta. :2thumbsup:

thats why its important to save before each turn... they even stated that AI bugs make it ctd during their turns......

neumonic
06-26-2006, 13:03
thats why its important to save before each turn... they even stated that AI bugs make it ctd during their turns......
Hi, thanks for the reminder, but I'm actually aware of the warning on BL beta.
yes they did say Ai crashes on turns.
I thought I didn't installed it properly therefore post here to ask. I did patch to 1.2, then 1.3 and finally 1.5. Took the time to re-install a clean version 1.0, this time only patch 1.3 then 1.5. well the results are the same. Try playing the Khan, on the first turn it crashes.
No complaints, I'll be waiting for the final release. Thanks though. :2thumbsup:

Count Flip
06-26-2006, 19:24
ive played the khans but the first ctd i encountered was attacking a demon city about 20 years into the game... i allied with them so i didnt have to attack but then they betrayed me!!.. those *******s!!

Murfios
06-27-2006, 04:09
:help: Can download your mod, link does not throw me correctly. Something empty appears:furious3:

neumonic
06-27-2006, 05:17
ive played the khans but the first ctd i encountered was attacking a demon city about 20 years into the game... i allied with them so i didnt have to attack but then they betrayed me!!.. those *******s!!

I managed to make changes to my gameplays and when it crashes, I made a different approach. Now I'm into the 10 year of gameplay with the Akagi Clan.
I allied with the neighbors, then I betrayed them before they can even think about it. :) I've seen some cool ninjas in action...........

Count Flip
06-27-2006, 05:21
i think i fixed the brown lines protruding from the undead samurais.... check the bugs thread to see how to fix it..... i might play as the yomi empire now!! lol

neumonic
06-27-2006, 05:33
did not really notice about the brown lines, well anyway I'll look it up. thanks :) Have you played the indians yet. They have very nice infantries.

Count Flip
06-27-2006, 05:37
you've never seen the brown things coming out of the undead samurai???? its right there in your face when you enter a battle with em... it got reall annoying cause it kept following the center of your screen.....

Martimus
06-27-2006, 06:16
Oh, good, i'm not the only one seeing that then, I thought my video card was overheating :P

hoggy
06-27-2006, 08:05
Hehe, yes sorry guys. I think it only shows on some graphics cards (not on mine) so it's hard to know when it's fixed but it's on the list of 'to do's'

neumonic
06-27-2006, 13:10
you've never seen the brown things coming out of the undead samurai???? its right there in your face when you enter a battle with em... it got reall annoying cause it kept following the center of your screen.....
Nope, seen nothing of that sort. I'm using ATI Radeon 9600 video card w/128
:)

Twizzle
06-28-2006, 03:42
guess not...i guess ill just try to install again...

monkian
06-29-2006, 08:17
I can see them too- got a Radeon9 9800 pro

Doesn't really bother me that much

Grand Master of the Order
06-29-2006, 16:47
I also use a ATI Radeon 9800 and see those brown lines which some of the undead units "produce".
It's probably a bit annoying, but far better than any CTD.

Morray
06-29-2006, 20:42
I get them on the Demon Catapults, but when I scroll away and then back they are gone!

I have an ATI 5800 or something rubbish like that! :2thumbsup:

monkian
06-30-2006, 10:25
When I first played it the brown lines werer stretching from a rather hard looking undead unit and followed my general around.

Thought they had some sort of curse power on him :skull:

new_pilgrim
06-30-2006, 21:51
The problem with the zombie samurai seems to be in the "arr06" element (the arrow in the back) of the model:
https://img526.imageshack.us/img526/9905/zomsam3cj.th.jpg (https://img526.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zomsam3cj.jpg)

As a quick, temporary fix, I have removed that arrow from the model. You can find the new .cas at http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4525GUM5

Just extract it to your models_unit folder and overwrite the old .cas (I have also included it in the zip, with extension .cas.orig, just in case)

Hope this helps this amazing mod! :2thumbsup:

Murfios
07-01-2006, 01:57
I CANT download! Help

new_pilgrim
07-01-2006, 09:55
OK, I uploaded the same file to rapidshare: http://rapidshare.de/files/24624843/zomsam.zip.html

(BTW, note that I have not asked hoggy nor anyother BL team member for permission to modify nor distribute BL files. I hope they don't mind, I'm doing this in good faith, just to help :bow: )

Also, I think I have almost finished all the file changes to run Blue Lotus using "-mod" (both the custom battles battles and the campaign work, though I get errorless CTDs in the later). This makes the mod installation much easier. I hope I will be able to upload the files later today or tomorrow.

Ludens
07-01-2006, 23:15
I have Nero installed and I can load my BL w/o problem. I think it's not with Nero.
However in the beginning, I did have BL load at 80%+ and nothing happened.
Later I realised that it was the music that BL was looking for.
I suggest do not install the music addons and use the default and see if it load alright. Hope this help. :)
After I got the BL to load and run, I then added the whole folder "music" into the sound folder and renamed the music.dat,
done! new music added.
Thanks. It was caused by the Music patch: after I overwrote the sound files with those vanilla 1.5 the game worked again. However, I have not been able to get the sound patch to work. The only way to make the game start-up properly with the sound patch installed is by renaming xxmusic.dat back to music.dat. This results in the old R:TW music playing. Any ideas how I can get the new music playing? :inquisitive:

neumonic
07-02-2006, 18:08
Thanks. It was caused by the Music patch: after I overwrote the sound files with those vanilla 1.5 the game worked again. However, I have not been able to get the sound patch to work. The only way to make the game start-up properly with the sound patch installed is by renaming xxmusic.dat back to music.dat. This results in the old R:TW music playing. Any ideas how I can get the new music playing? :inquisitive:

Glad you can play BL. :)
Easy to get the new music addons to work. Just rename the music.dat to xxmusic.dat. Inside the sound folder, you must have this folder named music. Important, the music folder itself must be in the sound folder c:/program/Rome -total war/data/sound/music (something like this).
Inside the music folder, there you put the new music addon mp3.
to make things clear just copy the music folder after you extracted (right click on the music folder and copy), then go into sound folder and then paste the whole music folder inside sound folder.
When you renamed the xxmusic.dat, BL actually looks for the music folder first. :)

Ludens
07-02-2006, 21:26
I found the problem. There was no music folder. For some reason WinRAR did not extract the folder (or anything to do with music files) when I copied and pasted them, but it did when I used the extract button. The music is now working. Thanks for your help, neumonic.

Gen_Lee
07-06-2006, 20:10
Just wnt to say I got this Mod today and it works perfectly.
And what a joy to listen and watch the units in combat (Im using the non oficial minimod that makes the pace of combat a lot slower).
Congrats for an amazing mod.

Murfios
07-08-2006, 04:55
I dont want to bother or anything but I cant instal it. Look as I finish renaming the remainig pak files with xx, It says to copy the downloaded blue lotus file's Data into root data. Only one problem...It does not open . It reads " windows cannot open this file
File: Blue_lotus_Beta_V1.0rar
To open this file window need to know which program crated it...."
I have downloaded 6 time the same file, but they are all the same. WHat do I do?

new_pilgrim
07-08-2006, 11:29
Later than expected and with some bugs I have not been able to fix,
but here goes the files to run BL using the -mod extension.

Campaign game isn't playable (semi-random CTDs), but for anyone who
just wants to have a taste of the mod playing custom battles, this
should be the easier, less intrusive, way to run the game.

Thanks to the BL team for this amazing mod :2thumbsup:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T47U1YF0

http://rapidshare.de/files/25268309/mod_BL.zip.html

Files to run Blue Lotus with the -mod: extension
================================================

The files in this zip should allow you to run BL withouth overwriting
vanilla RTW files, so you don't need a separate RTW installation
just for this mod (though if you needed to, it is worth! The mod is
awesome!)

Unfortunately, custom battles work at 99% but campaign map crashes
withouth error :(

Setup instructions
==============

1) Extract the BL mod to the RTW folder (RTW folder = folder
with RomeTW.exe). After this you must have a "RTW/MASTER" folder

2) Rename the new folder "MASTER" to "BL"

3) Copy the files from this zip to "RTW/BL/data", overwriting the
existing ones.

4) Copy the folder "RTW/BL/data/banners" to "RTW/data/banners" and rename
the folder copied from "banners" to "BL" (after this, you must have a
"RTW/data/banners/BL" folder)

5) Create a shortcut to RomeTW.exe, edit it and add "-mod:BL -show_err"
to the target executable, outside quotes if present

Known bugs
=========

Some of the following may be BL bugs, but others are due to the changes
made in these files.

1) Campaign game crashes without error attacking/spying slave cities.

2) Slaves seems to be able to recruit monk units (probably because they
have roman culture and recruitment in EDB and EDU is just specified
by culture). May have relation to bug 1)

3) Some battle banners don't show properly (eg Khanate).

4) Khanate thunderbombers don't show properly at long distance.

5) Some missing unit cards for the slaves: just copy the demon ones.

Credits
=====

All the credit goes to the Blue Lotus team. I (new_pilgrim) just hope
someone will find these files useful.

moreb_benhk
07-08-2006, 11:51
Murfios- What you need is a program capable of unpacking 'rar' files, which standard winzip cannot do. Hence the error message. There are a bunch out there, some of which were mentioned previously here on this thread or on another one in the BLue Lotus forum. One that springs to mind is 'winrar'. Most of these are freeware, so getting a hold of one should be no problem.

Murfios
07-08-2006, 17:13
Thanks alot Moreb_Benkh, really apreciate it.

Murfios
07-09-2006, 01:35
(problems start here)
6. Run the .bat file and let run completely. this may take a while. After its done you'll see a new data folder in the packs directory.
7. CUT or MOVE (not copy) this new Data folder and paste it over the root Data folder allowing it to overwrite everything. NOTE: There should be no Data folder left in Packs.
8. Go back to the packs folder and rename all the pak files remaining (except the patch_0 and patch_1) You can just rename them with a couple of xx in the front ie sprites_1.pak rename to xxsprites_1.pak
How in the world am I supposed to know this? do I need Winrar to to it or wuts up with the xx. No patch_0 appear...
9. Download Blue Lotus and copy it's Data folder over the Data folder in the root.
There is no copy on the scroll menu that appear when I right click it. "Edit" also has no "copy" action in it. If i ctrl+c and then ctrl+v on top it starts decompresing that takes an eternity, something with a loading bar. If I enter the "root" data folder nothing appears. just as if I had done nothing. I then moved everything inside the Blue lotus data into the root data and it gets replaced. It ruined the vanilla data folder.
10. Install music patch (see readme in music download for install instructions)
11. Run Rome, go to Imperial Campaign. Enjoy. REMEBER TO SAVE BEFORE EACH TURN. Random AI crashes can occur in this version.
12. Please report bugs at the Blue Lotus subforum.
What am I supposed to do?

Ludens
07-09-2006, 10:01
What am I supposed to do?
It took me some time to get it to work to, so don't worry.

How in the world am I supposed to know this? do I need Winrar to to it or wuts up with the xx. No patch_0 appear...
You do it manually. Just right click the file and select "rename", then add to xx to the front (except for the patch_0.pak and patch_1.pak files).

There is no copy on the scroll menu that appear when I right click it. "Edit" also has no "copy" action in it. If i ctrl+c and then ctrl+v on top it starts decompresing that takes an eternity, something with a loading bar. If I enter the "root" data folder nothing appears. just as if I had done nothing. I then moved everything inside the Blue lotus data into the root data and it gets replaced. It ruined the vanilla data folder.
It sounds like you did the right thing. Try playing the game after following my above instructions. If it doesn't work, try installing it again. Open the BLUE_LOTUS_BETA_V1.0.rar file, double click on the master folder, select data and press ALT+E. You then need to select the Blue Lotus root folder. If it installs correctly, you will get a message asking you if it should overwrite an existing file. Click yes to all and wait (the extraction takes a while).

new_pilgrim
07-09-2006, 18:11
I have updated the files to execute BL with -mod:BL, and now all the banners are shown properly. There are also other minor changes (hopefully, for good!).

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B1HHUQS3

==================================================
Files to run Blue Lotus with the "-mod:" extension
==================================================

The files in this zip should allow you to run BL withouth overwriting
vanilla RTW files, so you don't need a separate RTW installation. Also,
it may be easier to install the mod this way.

Custom battles work OK, but campaign map crashes withouth error
semi-randomly :(

==================
Setup instructions
==================

1) Extract the BL mod to the RTW folder (RTW folder = folder
with RomeTW.exe). After this you have a "RTW/MASTER" folder

2) Rename the folder "MASTER" to "BL"

3) Copy the files from this zip to "RTW/BL/data", overwriting the
existing ones.

4) Copy the folder "RTW/BL/data/banners" to "RTW/data/banners" and rename
the folder copied from "banners" to "BL" (after this, you have a
"RTW/data/banners/BL" folder)

5) In "RTW/BL/models/textures" rename
standard_german.tga.dds -> standard_mongol.tga.dds
standard_slave.tga.dds -> standard_slave_BL.tga.dds
standard_*_rebels.tga.dds -> standard_*_rebels_BL.tga.dds

6) Create a shortcut to RomeTW.exe, edit it and add "-mod:BL -show_err"
to the target executable, outside the quotes if present.

7) Use the shortcut created in 8 to start a custom battle or a imperial
campaign, and enjoy BL!

=========
Bug Fixes
=========

1) To fix the black lines coming from the Zombie Samurai, copy the file
"zomsam.CAS" included in this zip to "RTW/BL/data/models_unit"

2) This fixes missing slave unit cards:
Copy all the files from "RTW/BL/data/ui/UNITS/EGYPT/" to
"RTW/BL/data/ui/UNITS/SLAVE/" (don't overwrite when asked).

3) This fixes a missing japanese building card:
Copy "RTW/BL/data/ui/GREEK/BUILDINGS/CONSTRUCTION/#GREEK_ROADS.tga" to
"RTW/BL/data/ui/GREEK/BUILDINGS/"

4) Also included in the zip are the files descr_regions and descr_strat.
The second changes a non-demon building at Shinshan for a suitable one, and
the first changes some default culture tags mainly for slave cities (may help
to fix CTDs). Both files have to be moved to
"RTW/BL/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign"

=======
Credits
=======

All the credit goes to the Blue Lotus team. I (new_pilgrim) just hope
someone will find these files as useful as they are for me!

V060709A

The_Rat
07-10-2006, 02:48
is the chinese water buffalo chariot unit supposed to be in the beta cause i didnt see it:help:

also is there a way right now to attack the siege a demon city without getting a CTD

:furious3: :help:

Mouse
07-12-2006, 22:03
Hi all,

Iam new and am some trouble installing this mod.

I have encounted no problems up to step #6. Please excuse my noobness but what is the .bat file and where can I find it?

I have also completed step #8 the renaming of the paks

Any help will be appriciated.

Mouse
07-13-2006, 00:11
nevermind I figured it out, but now I get the same error screen that King amd last to serve get

phanboi
07-14-2006, 03:25
Hi,
I want to make a seperate install to use this mod but I can't seem to install rome twice as when I hit setup, it wants to uninstall my first game.How would I go about having rome installed twice?
Thanks

hoggy
07-14-2006, 07:40
If you have a clean copy of RTW installed (ie not modded) Simply copy and paste the Rome Total War folder. It'll take a while but it creates a copy of the game which you can rename (to BL_Total_War or whatever). You then create a new shortcut to this new folder to play this seperate version. You can do this as often as you like for each mod as long as you have disk space.

hairyscotsman
07-25-2006, 19:22
JSGME.EXE is a tool for enabling/disabling/swapping RTW mods quickly. I loaded this mod with it ok.

Ra-az
07-26-2006, 01:40
Hoggy, I would add following line somewhere at the top of your page, cause some friends of mine got confused when they had install problems:

"When you have Gold Edition Rome Total War you don't need the patches it is already patched. "

It seems to run even better on Gold.

gr

P.S Could you please look at my question in the "modding questions" section?thx.

Ra-az
07-26-2006, 01:46
I was stupid let's post this again so people like me can find it.........

You don't need any patches, there's no problem running Blue Lotus with Gold Edition Rome Total War.

Count Flip
07-26-2006, 05:52
some gold editions like the old ones are still patch 1.3 and 1.4 so you still have to patch it to 1.5 and 1.6..

M.I.G.-WARRIOR
07-28-2006, 06:30
hi guys, im new to these mod...ive seen all the PICs and it looks AWESOME

but i really need help, i dont understand the instructions of the installation...i really suck at this tech stuff lol, anyway i already have all the things i needed to download...

5. Copy the contents of the unpaker into Data/packs in your clean version of RTW 1.5.

^^^i have no idea how to do that, please help

Moros
07-31-2006, 18:39
if you have downloaded the tool copy it to the data/paks folder. There'll be a file with (if you have windows 98) the extension .bat otherwise check for the file wich is of the .bat type (using file properties). Run it (double cklick ;)). Afterwards there'll be a new folder in data/packs. cut it (crtl+x) then go to you rtw folder (programfiles/rome totalwar or however you've called it) and paste it (crtl+v). if it asks you to overwrite something choose yes (yes to all?[I don't have an ENglish verion so I don't know what the button says]). go back to data/packs and look to make sure there's no data folder in it. if there is, delete it. now make backups off (copy them to another map) all the .pak files in that folder except for patch_0.pak and patch_1.pak. Now you can delete the .pak files in that folder EXCEPT for patch_0 and patch_1.

got it?

Count Flip
08-02-2006, 00:14
idk why but i think the random crashes were caused by the romans not having a superfaction so i removed the semi-colon and played a couple turns without saving and it worked fine for me....

now to find out why the demon cities causes ctds..

Moros
08-02-2006, 10:34
idk why but i think the random crashes were caused by the romans not having a superfaction so i removed the semi-colon and played a couple turns without saving and it worked fine for me....

now to find out why the demon cities causes ctds..
why they cause ctd, no idea, but familyguy has found a fix. And yes the monks also have their bugs but I believe bigbeef has been looking in to those. So if everything works out and we can find someone or we findout ourselves how the settelemnt plans work we hopefully are going to be able to release a bugfixing patch soon. We'll not be able to make an estimate as we don't really know what will happen with the settlementplans.

BabyShambles
08-09-2006, 18:38
How you fix this error?:

"data/models_building/kill_zone/wooden_wall_short_straight_destroyed_kill_zone_05.CAS"

Comes up when starting the game. Goes to the load screen then stops with that error.

BabyShambles
08-09-2006, 18:41
I forgot to add. It states that that file is missing. Couldn't edit the post though :oops:

Moros
08-09-2006, 19:38
Hmmm never had that error before... Did the game work or did it ctd after the message?
Anyway i the game works I guess it isn't a big deal. Probably will be resolved in the next patch.

BabyShambles
08-14-2006, 17:37
It goes to tht titel, then the message comes up, then it says to click OK, then it drops back to desktop.

BabyShambles
08-14-2006, 17:47
*the title*. I type too fast.

Also, I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but I should add I'm using the version which comes with the latest issue of PC Gamer magazine (UK edition). Maybe this is an older version? I don't know, I can't check which version it would be as I can't get in the game. And I don't want to download another version if it's the same as I'm using as I get limited download usage with my internet :embarassed:

Moros
08-14-2006, 21:22
Well honoustly I didn't know there was a PC Gamer Magazine version. Did it have an installer or did you have to do those pak things? (that way I can see if it's the same version.)

springbreak87
08-25-2006, 21:40
Same issue as Babyshambles -

"data/models_building/kill_zone/wooden_wall_short_straight_destroyed_kill_zone_05. CAS"

Anyone have any ideas?

I'd love to try this mod, but honestly for a mod that looks soooo slick and innovative you'd think the installation would be equally elegant. Real headache as it stands. I'll admit that I only challenged myself to two installation attempts, but I did meticulously follow the instructions provided. I'm confident this mod would absolutely blow up if the installation process was a bit more digestible to the everyman gamer.

Thanks,

springbreak87

Moros
08-26-2006, 16:20
Yeah sorry for that but we'll make next installation easier. If you want help with the installation pm me or add me to msn and we might be able to do it step by step.

springbreak87
08-26-2006, 20:47
Appreciate the quick reply and offer of help,

I just downloaded "Darth mod 8.0", I'll tinker with that until you have the next version of Blue Lotus up and ready. Glad to see there is still an active mod group attached to the project, having only just read that Hoggy split. Thanks for sticking it out with this mod, I anxiously look forward to the next update of Blue Lotus.

-springbreak87

Sheogorath
08-27-2006, 17:08
An excellent mod, aside from my issue with the Khannate Light Spearmen and their seemingly godlike powers of pwnage, I love it :)
I mean, what better image is there than five units if Zombie Ashigaru and Undead Samurai storming a busted village gate and slaughtering everybody inside while a few units of Samurai make their last stand in the center of town?
Its like one of those rather dark 80's Animes, only with less blood and more killing.

Moros
08-29-2006, 12:36
Good to hear you like it.

@springbreak:We'll try to get the next version out as soon as we can. Hope you'll like it!

barracuda
08-30-2006, 12:36
I have done everything correctly up to stage no.6, when I try to execute the .bat file, it refuses and tells me its in use by another program and I cannot proceed.

???

Moros
08-30-2006, 13:35
try the .exe.

barracuda
08-30-2006, 13:55
I have tried this also but nothing happens. A small window opens up for a split second then dissapears again with no other changes.

Moros
08-30-2006, 14:13
Have you put it in the right folder? together with the right files?

barracuda
08-31-2006, 03:17
1. Install clean version of RTW (NOTE BL overwrites RTW so best to make a seperate copy)
2. Download and install patch 1.3 http://www.totalwar.com/community/download.htm
3. Download and install patch 1.5 http://www.totalwar.com/community/download.htm
4. Download Vercingetorix's PAK extractor tool. http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/?act=mod&id=43

I have followed these steps to the mark, that includes putting the unpacker into the correct folder. I dont know why I am having trouble.

?

Moros
08-31-2006, 10:42
Huh? do you see alot of .pak files in your directory?If you don't check if there's a map called ui, in the data directory. If there is the pak's already have been unpacked once.

Donuil
09-06-2006, 21:25
Hi all, I have encountered the same CTD as Lord Ashram and if hes still browsing the forum here at all i was wondering if he solved his problem and if so What he did. If anyone else has any advice that would be great too.
I crash at the creative assembly first screen. My cursor come up and if i sit it sits, if i press any keyboard button im back to desktop.

Thanks in advance.

Augustus Lucifer
09-16-2006, 19:47
Ya same problem as Donuil, and I've see nthis problem stated a few times before. This problem tends to be my problem with ANY mod I install, so if anyone has an idea about this it would be much appreciated because of gone through over 20 reinstalls of different mods and have not gotten to play a single one. All the steps are done properly and then when I click to start it loads the copyright screen then cursor appears and boom CTD.

Moros
09-17-2006, 10:40
I think this might be due to a bad install, a corrupted download or a corrupted Rtw install. Try reinstalling rtw, downloading the mod again and installing the mod again. If this doesn't work you must do something wrong while installing.

Eufarius
09-21-2006, 03:30
hey can somebody explain to me how to install the music pack for some reason in my comp. it wont let me play the mod so how do you install it?

Moros
09-21-2006, 16:37
What doesn't work the mod or the music? IF the mod doesn't work, the music won't help.
I'll try to help you but then I need to know what isn't working, I assume the mod, but I'm not sure.

shadowarmy75
10-02-2006, 23:31
While playing as the Yuwei(sp?), the game crashed during the rebel turn right after they blockaded my port. It was one fleet blocking it and one right behind that one.

EDIT: I just crashed again right before the game starts to load a fight between me and the rebels. It was on the campaign map right before it zoomed in.

EDIT: This time the army didn't attack, and when they took the city by siege, the game crashed.

EDIT: Another crash while being attacked by the army of that faction with the Dragon Icon. I'm noticing that most crashes are battle related.

Ujio
10-13-2006, 10:17
sorry,but I don´t understand:Is there an solution to get the problem of babyshambles and co out?I have download it and installed it right (I think)...it goes to the title and than go back to the Desktop caus the same file like Babyshambles is missing...I hope I got any help to play this awsome mod

Moros
10-14-2006, 18:54
No bug fixes have been released yet. It would have been but we lack man power to have done it fast. Tough maybe soon a fix for the yomi ctd will be released.

Loz
10-15-2006, 16:38
Hello I dont know wether i have installed blue lotus correctly. Ive done all the downloading of patches and the Vercingetorix's PAK extractor tool. But i dont understand where is the Data/packs folder, and what is the root data folder. Sorry if these are stupid quesions but this is the first mod ive downloaded. Thanks for any help!

humblemonkey
10-15-2006, 19:09
Loz, the directory for the data folder is usually this, unless you've changed it:
C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data
Inside the "data" folder of "Rome - Total War's" folder is where you put all the stuff you've downloaded. In that folder are more folders, like the "packs" folder. I believe that the root "data" folder is just the "data" folder in "Rome - Total War's" folder. Hope this helps.

Loz
10-15-2006, 19:15
hello thanks for the help it all seems a lot clearer now. Is the 'unpaker' mentioned the Vercingetorix's PAK extractor tool I have downloaded?

Loz
10-15-2006, 22:03
Hello i finally managed to download it :) thanks for the help it looks great. Is there a pathch or anything i can do to stop it randomly crashing and shutting down the game yet?

Ujio
11-11-2006, 18:21
How you fix this error?:

"data/models_building/kill_zone/wooden_wall_short_straight_destroyed_kill_zone_05. CAS"

Comes up when starting the game. Goes to the load screen then stops with that error.

I found the problem:I don´t let run the xpak.bat completely....there must stand something with "press any button" that´s the end...I end it after I read something with "finished extracting pak files" or something like that

Moros
11-12-2006, 10:52
Does it work now?

Ujio
11-12-2006, 12:08
yes,and it´s fantastic...thx guys

MindTr!ck
11-28-2006, 03:10
Alright, I downloaded the mod and it looks great. But, when ever I try to download the pak extractor I get this message,

"Warning: require_once(/home/totalwar/public_html/whatisthis/conf_global.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/totalwar/public_html/downloads/api/API.php on line 65

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/totalwar/public_html/whatisthis/conf_global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/totalwar/public_html/downloads/api/API.php on line 65"

Is there anywhere else I can download the pak extractor, or is there any other way to install this mod?
Thanks

elledippi
11-29-2006, 02:06
Blank to all:balloon2: :balloon2: !! First of all I would want to make compliments to the authors for this large one mod~:santa: !! it is simply fantastic~:thumb: ~:thumb: ~:thumb: ~:thumb: !! best:bounce:.
I want to signal a problem that I have found and that is preventing me to end the campaign:help: :help: .
I'm playing at very hard level with the Chinese (I'm at 35°turn) but when I besiege whichever Yomi's city the game collapses punctually:wall: :wall: ! The same thing happens if I make double click on whichever yomi's city :wall: :wall: .
I think that is a problem with the loading of the window of presentation of the yomi's city (but I don't know what can be done):help: .
I hope that my signalling is of aid for the increase of Blue Lotus:egypt: , and also that will be of aid to me to continue mine campaign:bounce: . I'm waiting your answer good bye to all and thanks a lot again:hippie: :hippie: .

MindTr!ck
11-30-2006, 01:05
I fixed my problem and installed it. It is amazing. The only problems are that it crashes every third battle, and the Undead samurai have lines coming out of them but I can deal with these small problems. Best conversion for any game that I have seen!

Ghost_Maestro
11-30-2006, 18:05
Alright, I downloaded the mod and it looks great. But, when ever I try to download the pak extractor I get this message,

"Warning: require_once(/home/totalwar/public_html/whatisthis/conf_global.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/totalwar/public_html/downloads/api/API.php on line 65

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/totalwar/public_html/whatisthis/conf_global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/totalwar/public_html/downloads/api/API.php on line 65"

Is there anywhere else I can download the pak extractor, or is there any other way to install this mod?
Thanks

I'm having the same problem. How did you fix this?

Ghost_Maestro
11-30-2006, 20:22
Sorry for the double post. I was able to find the xpak elsewhere, and I followed the instructions for installing everything - unfortunately Rome refuses to load. When the game boots up I get the CA splash screen, and then the cool Blue Lotus loading screen pops up, but it stops at approximately 75% full and won't load any further. Anybody else had this problem? :help:

Moros
12-06-2006, 13:16
have you renamed the old paks? And was it a clean 1.5 install.

somecallmegoo
12-10-2006, 23:15
:help:

Hi everyone - I'm excited to try out this mod.

One problem. Vercingetorix's PAK extractor tool at the link provided does not seem to exist.

Saw that others had problems with this as well, but I was unable to locate an alternate download site. Can anyone direct me to the right place?

Thanks

Moros
12-11-2006, 13:41
I guess the server was temporarly down. Normally it should be there, if not I'll look for an alternate link or I will up load it to somewhere else for the time being.

SubzeroPlainzero
02-02-2007, 00:22
[QUOTE=somecallmegoo]:help:

Hi everyone - I'm excited to try out this mod.

One problem. Vercingetorix's PAK extractor tool at the link provided does not seem to exist.

Saw that others had problems with this as well, but I was unable to locate an alternate download site. Can anyone direct me to the right place?
-
I managed to find it by searching for a program called File Parser. I believe they have it at Fileplanet. Vercingetorix's PAK extractor tool comes with it.

shadowbot66
02-02-2007, 02:45
Hey sub did you download the patches? because when i click to download patches ii takes me to the broken link page or whatever, did u download the patches? i also pm'd you thanks!

Dermeister
02-03-2007, 00:41
Hello I wouled just liek to singnal i am also having the ctd bug when ever i double click on a yumi city or it ctds 50% of the tiem after i wone the seige battles while attacking the yumi so i dont know if u guys have a fix out for that last ive read was that u were lackign man power :S but anny how just tought id report the bug.

shadowbot66
02-03-2007, 04:39
Hey dermiester do i have to tdownload the patches it tells me to on the main page of this mod to play? Did u download the patches? Because when i try to click on the link it comes to the expired paeg thing? could u possibly help me?:help: :help: :help:

Moros
02-03-2007, 11:58
That bug can be a quick fix. Know what? I'll upload a small fix for that tomorrow, , normally it would have been in a real patch but maybe it's better to get that fix out anyway.

SubzeroPlainzero
02-03-2007, 17:41
Hey dermiester do i have to tdownload the patches it tells me to on the main page of this mod to play? Did u download the patches? Because when i try to click on the link it comes to the expired paeg thing? could u possibly help me?:help: :help: :help:-
I've just tried the link and it seems to work fine, maybe it's just busy or somethin.

Dermeister
02-04-2007, 23:11
That bug can be a quick fix. Know what? I'll upload a small fix for that tomorrow, , normally it would have been in a real patch but maybe it's better to get that fix out anyway.
thank u HEAPS because im at the stage were i have to fight the yumi and yea :) so thank u

Moros
02-05-2007, 19:46
thank u HEAPS because im at the stage were i have to fight the yumi and yea :) so thank u
My pleasure.

I've just tried the link and it seems to work fine, maybe it's just busy or somethin.
Works for me too. tough if others have problems with the link, I'll look for a mirror download.

SubzeroPlainzero
02-07-2007, 16:16
I don't know if anyone else is having the same problem but the link for Vercingetorix's PAK extractor tool seems to be broken and displays this-

Warning: require_once(/home/totalwar/public_html/whatisthis/conf_global.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/totalwar/public_html/downloads/api/API.php on line 65

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/totalwar/public_html/whatisthis/conf_global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/totalwar/public_html/downloads/api/API.php on line 65

However after a veeeeerrrrryyyy long search I found it here- http://files.filefront.com/fileparser_v1zip/;5344187;;/fileinfo.html
the download is a pak creator tool but Vercingetorix's PAK extractor tool comes bundled along with it. Hope this helps cos I fractured my mind trying to find it.:smash: could i suggest that you put this link on the downloads section cos I bet a lot of new people have trouble with the broken one.

Moros
02-07-2007, 20:53
I'll upload it tomorrow or the day after tomorrow to a different site.

Xiahou Liao
03-18-2007, 07:06
uh..Maybe it's me, but it seems all the links are broken, or don't have the file. I wanna play this!!! =o

Xiahou Liao
03-18-2007, 11:26
I finally got it from the general's site.

Xiahou Liao
03-18-2007, 12:16
Whenever I run the unpaker it doesn't generate a patch_1

Moros
03-18-2007, 19:59
Links are broken you say? Then I'll try to provide a mirror.
Have you run the unpacker in the correct folder?

Kreator
03-22-2007, 22:24
I've tried to install the mod but I had some troubles with the installation-guide. One link in the guide (4. Download Vercingetorix's PAK extractor tool)doesn't work, so I couldn' install this tool. Where can I find this tool an by the way, is it really necessairy to install it?

Moros
03-28-2007, 16:22
Yes it is necessary, without it the mod isn't completly installed.
I'll try to look for a mirror.

Ferocious_Imbecile
04-04-2007, 17:44
So when will a complete stable version of BLTW be ready to play?

Moros
04-04-2007, 18:33
good question.

There's a thread with all the patches official ones an dunofficial ones, which will take care of the stable part. The complete part however.

SubzeroPlainzero
04-05-2007, 16:17
Hey Kreator I posted this a while back. It should sort your problem out.

I don't know if anyone else is having the same problem but the link for Vercingetorix's PAK extractor tool seems to be broken and displays this-
Warning: require_once(/home/totalwar/public_html/whatisthis/conf_global.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/totalwar/public_html/downloads/api/API.php on line 65

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/totalwar/public_html/whatisthis/conf_global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/totalwar/public_html/downloads/api/API.php on line 65

However after a veeeeerrrrryyyy long search I found it here- http://files.filefront.com/fileparse.../fileinfo.html
the download is a pak creator tool but Vercingetorix's PAK extractor tool comes bundled along with it. Hope this helps cos I fractured my mind trying to find it.
The file you need is called Xpak

Nicodemus
04-18-2007, 07:29
I have the same problem as others...

...is missing.

However, I think the installation instructions should be clarified.

After extracting using XPAK, rename the "DATA" directory to "data" and then move to the base RTW directory. This will overwrite the required files.

I also didn't have "patch1.pak". Will this cause an issue ?

So far I have successfully installed and run one turn, but I did get a CTD when quitting :wall:

There are a lot of "faction destroyed" message at the start, but I guess this is normal...?

Moros
04-19-2007, 20:23
Yeah that's normal. Normally patch1.pak should be necesarry. Are you using a correct version of rtw? (1.5?)

Nicodemus
04-22-2007, 19:50
Hi Moros,

Yes. I have RTW 1.5 and even though I xpaked, I stil don't see the patch1.pak...

However, the game appears to play OK, though I haven't done too much of it ( the unseasonably good weather here is far too good to be indoors ).

Thanks for replying....

Nicodemus
04-22-2007, 20:29
I repeated it on a vanilla install.

I get sprites_1.pak ( and ...0.pak ) plus a patch_0.pak, but no patch_1.pak.

This is using the .bat file. The xpak version is 0.25b

Nicodemus
04-22-2007, 20:35
..but interestingly, when I do this on my BI version ( ie the RTW data folder, not the bi\data folder ) I do get the pack1....

Is this usual ?

Moros
04-24-2007, 19:15
Strange, does it run after installation?

Nicodemus
04-25-2007, 20:12
Inderdeed ! It runs happily ( I've played a few turns, but am focussed on Troy TW at the moment :).

It sometimes CTDs when I hiy quit, but that's not a big issue .

Dementros
05-18-2007, 22:39
Whoa... That's all I can say. This is awesome. I have it all packed up and ready togo but I will wait till after I play around on Extended Greek Mod. Nonetheless I got a great view on all this, it's just simply amazing.:idea2:

Metal_Storm
06-21-2007, 03:50
Hello All!

I usually find an answer to my questions by just reading through the prior posts. I figured out of 7 pages somebody had to have the same error as I. Alas..after reading all the posts it seems I'm the only bonehead with this problem.

When I launch BL the game CTD right away. So I added -show_err thinking I could figure it out myself. But, Once again I was wrong.

The Error Reads: Script Error in data/descr_event_images.txt, at line 622, column 1
Unknown event string faction_defeated_by_player
So, I looked it up.

faction_defeated_by_player
icon diplomacy
format use faction_defeated

I then looked it up in a different Data/descr_event_images.txt and that read the exact same thing! Even the tabs and space are the same. :dizzy2:

Does anybody know how to overcome this? :wall: :help:

I'm probably going to just have to uninstall RTW and then reinstall it and the MOD. It's in a clean copy of RTW but I had 6 different RTW folders and several different MODs but I always keep a clean unmodded version. My guess is that the clean one is no longer clean through some weird cross MOD contamination.:wall:

Stealth_PL
10-27-2007, 16:28
:help: :help: :help:

i installed everythin accordingly n changing the name of pak file in pack folder etc.

when i run rome, everythin start up nicely until the first loading screen..
the loading bar filled till 80% then it hang there.. no ctd or wadever

i also did nt hav patch_01 when i unpack..
is tis the problem?

Moros
10-29-2007, 14:33
If there's no patch_01 then there definately was something wrong with you RTW installation. Was is it a 1.5 version?

Stealth_PL
10-29-2007, 15:25
ya i think is 1.5..

cuz if i m nt wrong, i remembered tat if u had previously updated to 1.5
even if u uninstall n reinstall it will auto patch to 1.5

Moros
10-31-2007, 11:33
I never heard about that... I don't even believe that's the case. I've always reïnstalled and then patched it.

Jubal_Barca
11-06-2007, 18:59
Do you ever plan to include the chinese water buffalo chariot in the Army Lists thread? I just think it looks the most phenomenally awesome concept...

Moros
11-10-2007, 16:40
No it was cancelled because it wouldn't work in RTW, IIRC. I don't think it has ever been modelled either.

svramj
02-05-2008, 02:21
all links in the 1st post are broken and cant download the mod, could you update with new links ? :oops: :help:

warchild8418142
02-05-2008, 10:59
thank youaaaaa

Moros
02-05-2008, 12:44
I'll try and see if I can upload it somewhere.

Asean
02-16-2008, 10:51
Out of all the full conversion mods that have been released for RTW, Blue Lotus by far, was the best mod I've played. And I've played them all. Pity that there aren't more people interested in this mod.

Moros
02-17-2008, 16:49
The first link works.

Solus
04-19-2008, 07:56
The first link works.Not anymore... Why don't you use megaupload? or something like that, cuz I still can't download the mod.

carson1482
04-20-2008, 11:15
dito
i love the look off this mod but i carnt get it anywere:wall:

1monier12
04-20-2008, 11:41
:help: Can some1 pleas upload the file on filefront or something or gamershell.
PLEAS!!!:idea2:

1monier12
04-20-2008, 11:52
Becos i realy want the game! so upload the game on filefront or gamershell!!
:wall:

Old Nick
04-25-2008, 21:10
Tried to upload it on filefront and gamershell twice and each time the ul broke off after about 3 hours, I'll make a final attempt uploading it at Rapidshare this weekend.

Rinsui
04-26-2008, 17:18
Check the "Rinsui's updates" thread.
A direct link to the upload can be found there.
If it doesn't work -> send me a mail.
Cheers,

Old Nick
04-26-2008, 17:27
Well, here are the RS-links anyway:
http://rapidshare.com/files/110527323/BLUE_LOTUS.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/110549861/BLUE_LOTUS.part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/110569356/BLUE_LOTUS.part3.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/110571544/BLUE_LOTUS.part4.rar

Moros
04-27-2008, 17:18
Thanks guys. Though I swear last time I checked the links worked. Those that did not work anymore were removed.

Tophat1812
05-05-2008, 17:48
Is the install procedure still the same as listed on 6/12/06? You need a special unpacking tool? Thought I had read where this was going to be cleanedup and streamlined?:help:

Moros
05-05-2008, 18:45
It will be. The current version isn't actually the next version. It's just reuploaded as the mirrors were offline. Rinsui just added the most important fixes, as an extra.

Rinsui
05-05-2008, 19:19
...and of course, the unpacker is contained in the download I provided ^^/.

Solus
05-09-2008, 14:28
many thanks from all fans:beam: :beam:

The all unKnowing 1
06-29-2008, 14:42
Hey I know that this isn't the right place to post this but recently I've been doing a mod for rome about feudal japan...

I can do everything I need to do for the mod all exept for 1 thing:dizzy2:

.CAS files hav eluded me now for a while cause I don't have the programs to edit them so right now I'm stuck

just wondering if somebody from the BL team can say that its ok to borrow BL .CAS filesfor samurai

Rinsui
06-29-2008, 19:25
I've always been very open on such matters, go ahead.
But isn't it' unnecessary to invent the wheel over and over again? There already is a mod on Japan/Asia, it's called "Battles of Asia", I think - they also use our models. Their leader is called "Alexandre le Grrand" or something. Perhaps it would be easier for you to simply download their (near-completed) mod?

kitagata
06-30-2008, 05:51
Also there's the mod Ran no Jidai, which is essentially a more accurate version of Shogun TW for Rome. Check out there page as joining them may save you years of work.

saggsett
07-11-2008, 18:39
I can only recruit those sexy dimmos is it something I have to wait for ? like something like Marian Reform or anything ? please I realy need help :help: :smash:
:egypt:

jabberwocky
08-25-2008, 22:28
me too but thats not whats getting to me the fact is i love this mod but whenever i go to certain parts of the map eg the terracota army thing i get a black screen that kills my game :no: im prety sure the recruitment thingy just hasnt been completed yet am i right??

kitagata
08-25-2008, 23:31
Guys, you've got to read further back in the posts, or just check more of the topics. This is not finished yet. The models alone were just recently finished. Rinsui is just extra nice and allows people to check out things as they are completed in order to get feedback and find bugs.
The campaign isn't functioning because the units don't have stats. Try custom battles or multiplayer and send your feedback on how the units did at what stats.

jabberwocky
08-26-2008, 19:22
yep i got that it wasnt complete also i reinstalled the mod and that bug disapeared so in all likelyhood it was human error :oops: but to feedback i had a full stack of demons off all varieties against the monks the demons had there arses stolen stuffed full of crud then handed back to them in other words they all routed because of the flame things i was so embarassed :sweatdrop:

Rinsui
08-27-2008, 13:08
Just to settle this once and for all... no, let's be realistic; until the first post on the ninth page of this thread, since noone is going to read what I wrote here then: The stats are work in (heavy) progress at the moment. They are one of the most tricky parts in every mod, and I deliberately take my time to come up with a logical, consistent, working, appropriate and intuitive formula for it. The problems I face are, for example: By how many % is the attack value of a unit realistically decreased if I add one extra point of armour (since you do become less agile, you know...), and how do I implement this formula in a way that takes into consideration the game engine's basic mechanics. In theory, I think the thing I have up in my sleeves is pretty nifty, as it prvides a reasonably restrictive base for realism while offering enough leeway for making units "unique". Just a few more days, and open custom battle stats should be ready.

jabberwocky
08-27-2008, 21:08
:oops: should have read the thread first haha sorry in any case it teaches me for playing on easy for a change. I do like the fact that the monks are powerfull knowing romes ai they wont leave that island so they should at least be a humongus thorn in my side to make up for it :beam:

Rinsui
08-28-2008, 14:35
Well. In the testplays I did before, they definitely did leave their island... and they pretty much conquered the southern part of (present day) Vietnam... Never underestimate random factors.^^

Asian
09-12-2008, 17:16
lol im still amazed u used Philippines as Blue Lotus :D

phaib
11-10-2008, 18:43
Hi im new to this i have been looking for a mod of rome that is based on a asian theme but i cant seem to get this mod installied correctly im not getting anything when i click to open it keeps crashing out:help::help::help::smash:

Rinsui
11-11-2008, 16:26
@Phaib: Hm. This is strange. It definitely works for me, and I completely reinstalled my new system before I tried... perhaps you should try starting it with -nm in the link (this disables movies). Anyone else with this problem?

Wundai
11-14-2008, 12:29
Also there's the mod Ran no Jidai, which is essentially a more accurate version of Shogun TW for Rome. Check out there page as joining them may save you years of work.

Yes we're still alive :sweatdrop:

Rinsui, I just wanted to say great mod! And thank you that you are so open on sharing models, not everyone is like that you know :beam:

junkmonk
11-16-2008, 20:12
okay so i'm just wondering what's going on here? i first downloaded the original by hoggy i think his name was, and the campaign worked and everything.. 'twas very fun.

so i figure now that hoggy has abandonned blue lotus and rinsui has taken over? what exactly are you doing rinsui? just reskinning everything? bugfixing? please fill me in i'm very curious about what's happening with this mod as I loved it.

oh, and the 'rinsui updates' the new base version on november 2, does the campaign work on that? I think you posted somewhere that it doesn't, why doesn't it work like the original?

thanks, and i deeply appreciate all the hard-work put into this amazing mod.

Rinsui
11-18-2008, 12:48
@junkmonk
Read the "Rinsui's updates" pages. Most of your questions are answered there.
BTW, I was pretty lazy this last month, sorry.

junkmonk
11-22-2008, 00:56
yeahh.... i had already looked through that thread and looked through it once more just now... none of my questions were really answered.. its alright though, i know you've been doing lots of hard work. :book: i'm still not quite sure what you are doing though.... was the original blue lotus incomplete? please i am very curious.

and finally, why is the campaign not in a *final* stage now? wasn't it final when hoggy released it?

kitagata
11-22-2008, 01:51
The campaign was plagued by bugs and random shutdowns, the Monk faction wasn't properly implemented and caused shutdowns, the Karazai and Choson were both minor factions and lacked the unit variety of the other factions, the unit tree needed work, and other stuff.

Rinsui is developing a whole new unit value/abilities system, and a better unit building system based on regions, I think.

If you really want the old Blue Lotus I could put the file up for you, but I think the new version that's coming will be much better.

Also, Rinsui, if you want a separate Choson General model, I gave a shot making one.

https://img296.imageshack.us/img296/5126/chosongen2uf0.jpg (https://img296.imageshack.us/my.php?image=chosongen2uf0.jpg)
https://img296.imageshack.us/img296/chosongen2uf0.jpg/1/w1024.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img296/chosongen2uf0.jpg/1/)

By changing descr_characters.txt and descr_model_battle.txt you can make the Spain faction not use the Celtic General.

Wundai
11-22-2008, 20:04
Nicicity! :beam:

Masonop
11-23-2008, 01:18
I was playing some custom battles and I am impressed by the demons!
:p

Rinsui
11-23-2008, 01:29
@Kitagata
Kita, you are a genius. A possibility to change generals was right and exactly what kept breaking my plans for ages. If you were female, you'd have earned yourself a deepkiss now. Thank you!
In fact, I also got some new general models in waiting. Be surprised tomorrow ^^/

Wundai
11-23-2008, 21:03
( need to go off-topic here for a moment, did you get my Last PM Rinsui? :) )

kitagata
11-25-2008, 20:28
Rinsui - Here are the changed units, plus a few more ideas. Hope some of it works for you.

http://files.filefront.com/Unit+CASs+TGAszip/;12461488;/fileinfo.html

Glad the descr_character.txt will work for you. If someone could make more detailed generals, there could be distinct character generals for the factions. Maybe in the distant future.

The new Japanese stats work well. The Ashigaru just get slaughtered... But that's there role.

Rinsui
11-26-2008, 11:43
@Kitagata
Ah yes, the ashigaru may seem "overpriced" for their battle performance, but note that they have a very unique special ability no other unit has: They can sap. This may explain their relatively high cost. They are not there to battle. They are there to dig. The weakest "fighting" unit would be the Machi Militia.
BTW: in the campaign game their recruitment price is halved, but they have a rather high upkeep cost. After all, if they are in your army, who will plough your fields? If this system does not sound reasonable, perhaps I'll have to think it over.
Again, thank you for your files. 50% of the Choson units are done, btw.

Rinsui
11-26-2008, 11:46
P.S.: I never take critique on my work as criticism.
In fact, I mostly ignore it, hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
No, seriously. Your Karazai units are in, and most of
the other changes as well. Awesome work.

Edit:
I just finished integrating all your changes.
Here is the complete changelog:

Watchtower changes - accepted
Dao Regular Model change - accepted
Dao Regular colour change - refused. Reason: easier to distinguish from Gongshujia.
Cho-ko-nu color changes - accepted
Gongshijia Archers color change - accepted
Iron Wall color changes - accepted
Lei Gong Xion color changes - accepted
Magistrate Cavalry color changes - accepted
Masterless Blades color changes - refused. Reason: Masterless Blades are able to hide in long grass.
This cannot be achieved with fancy garments. However, I adjusted
the INFO picture to match in color.
Qiang recruits color changes - partially accepted. More or less I simply switched the color schemes
for Shi Militia and Qiang Recruits. Reason: The recruits are poorer.
Shi Militia color changes - refused. Reason: see the entry on Qiang Recruits.
Zhong Mao color changes - refused. Reason: this would make them look too similar to
Imperial Guards.
Khanate Heavy cavalry changes - refused. Reason: personal taste. I like how the Mong... Karazai look
so "different".
Mangudai changes - refused. Reason: This special head is reserved for the Iron Wolf unit.
Officer Karazai changes - accepted
Vassal Infantry changes - refused. Reason: The Karazai Infantry is very weak, but the Vassal
infantry is the best they have: Heavily armoured, but very slow.
To fit this (gameplay) idea, their armour has to look really heavy and bulky.
Karazai Hore Archers color changes - accepted
Khanate Archers changes - accepted
Tribal spearmen color changes - accepted
Warlord Bodyguards color changes - accepted. Damn. It had taken me hours to make the old version. But yours is better.
General Choson changes - accepted
Standard Choson Changes - partially accepted. You'll note that I insisted on adding the choson emblem.
Jangchang Cavalry changes - accepted
Jangchang Infantry changes - accepted
Nangsun Villagers changes - accepted
Singijeon changes - accepted
Three Princes Cavalry changes - partially accepted. I gave them a completely new color scheme including your studded
armor.
Gaur Hunter Changes - accepted
Terracotta Unit changes - accepted
General Akagi Changes - accepted
General Zensen Changes - accepted
Heavy Samurai Cavalry color changes - accepted
Naginata Samurai Zensen color changes - accepted
Netherworld Bodyguard changes - accepted
No-sachi Samurai Akagi color changes - accepted
Officer Jade changes - accepted
Standard Krishnapur changes - accepted. I always wondered what made her look so funny.
Wang Liang changes - accepted
White Mountain Rangers color changes - partially accepted. I gave them a new look with the Gaur Hunter furr.

The new patch is uploaded already.

junkmonk
12-01-2008, 17:53
The campaign was plagued by bugs and random shutdowns, the Monk faction wasn't properly implemented and caused shutdowns, the Karazai and Choson were both minor factions and lacked the unit variety of the other factions, the unit tree needed work, and other stuff.

Rinsui is developing a whole new unit value/abilities system, and a better unit building system based on regions, I think.

If you really want the old Blue Lotus I could put the file up for you, but I think the new version that's coming will be much better.

thanks for the helpful reply!

i'm wondering though, is the latest release by rinsui completely playable, or is the final playable version still a ways off?

Rinsui
12-01-2008, 20:11
Waaays off ;)

Wundai
12-02-2008, 11:00
Thats quite the list!

A shame the final playable version is ways off though :(