PDA

View Full Version : How To Make Loud Charges, Celebrations etc. from RTW to BI

The Spartan (Returns)
06-14-2006, 18:11
well i found a way to make bi have large charges. (right now this is for charges i will do other sounds later)
i notices this because in the BI the unit types are from RTW not BI. so all you do is go to export_descr_unit go to each unit and where it says type copy that to the descr_sound_unit_charge and where it says type replace that there. but you have to put that under the right culture exapmple:western peasant alemanni replace this to an RTW vanila unit in BARBARIAN or that unit will have a funny sharge (such as having a greek charge sound instead of a barbarian one.
i suggest putting berber types in the carthaginian culture and the sassanid in the eastern.
to make celebrations and taunts as loud in RTW ti BI just do the same thing. of course the easy was is to copy and paste your finished descr_sound_unit_charge txt (the unit types) into the descr_sound_unit_celebrate and descr_sound_unit_taunt

The Spartan (Returns)
06-23-2006, 02:13
well, did anyone find this confusing or didnt understand it? i can make it simpler.

SirNateofWessex
06-25-2006, 00:16
I am kinda confused, can you post the example from the EDU file.

The Spartan (Returns)
06-25-2006, 00:47
ok. first of all there are three txt. files to mod: descr_sounds_unit_charge descr_sounds_unit_celebrate descr_sounds_unit_taunt . for now we will mod the descr_sounds_unit_charge . just scroll down until you see this:

;;;;;;;; carthage ARAB
type carthaginian peasant,carthaginian peltast,carthaginian slinger,carthaginian archer, etc. now as you can see there are no bi units, so you need to change it. go to export_descr_unit (in the BI folder)
scroll down and look at a unit for example:

type hillmen
dictionary hillmen ; Hillmen
category infantry
class spearmen
voice_type Light_1
soldier hillmen, 60, 0, 0.8
attributes sea_faring, hide_improved_forest, hide_long_grass, hardy
formation 1.2, 1.2, 2.4, 2.4, 4, square
stat_health 1, 0
stat_pri 11, 4, javelin, 50, 3, thrown, archery, piercing, spear, 25 ,1
stat_pri_attr prec, thrown
stat_sec 7, 4, no, 0, 0, melee, simple, piercing, spear, 25 ,0.73
stat_sec_attr light_spear, spear_bonus_4
stat_pri_armour 2, 5, 3, flesh
stat_sec_armour 0, 2, flesh
stat_heat -2
stat_ground 1, 2, -2, -2
stat_mental 5, normal, untrained
stat_charge_dist 30
stat_fire_delay 0
stat_food 60, 300
stat_cost 1, 333, 115, 40, 60, 370
ownership slave, berbers this is a Berber unit: Hillmen. where it says type highlight the word next to it (hillmen) and copy. go back to the descr_sounds_unit_charge . back to where we left off:

;;;;;;;; carthage ARAB
type carthaginian peasant,carthaginian peltast,carthaginian slinger,carthaginian archer, now paste it over one of the entries so it should look like this now:

];;;;;;;; carthage ARAB
type hillmen,carthaginian peltast,carthaginian slinger,carthaginian archer,
now go back to the edu and replace these entries with the right edu types remember this part? :

;;;;;;;; carthage ARAB
this is the culture (in this tutorial i am putting moor units under carthage arab) (carthage=africa) put roman units under romans and barbarians under barbarian. otherwise when they charge it will sound weird. (such as barbarians having a greek charge)
p.s. i suggest putting Morish units under carthage ARAB
and sassanid units under eastern ARAB
now all you have to do is replace those RTW entries with BI entries from the edu (type) when you finish, go to descr_sounds_unit_celebrate or descr_sounds_unit_taunt and just paste those entries from the modded descr_sounds_unit_charge should only take a minute.
and done!

hope that helps:2thumbsup: