PDA

View Full Version : Great Mod! but one thing......

tuesmall
06-22-2006, 05:35
will there be a bigger map in the future?:2thumbsup: i still cant believe what you guys have done here...it is truly amazing!

Morray
06-29-2006, 23:49
I personally think the map is both large enough and more tactically varied than vanilla Rome.

Problem is that a larger map means more rebel factions or larger empires and IMHO I believe Things are in good size!

One thing I would like about the map is to possibly swap the deamons with one of the samuris empries when you play as deamons so as to make it a lot harder for deamons cause playing them campaign is just far to easy even on VH/VH :(

Asean
06-30-2006, 03:42
Maybe it's to early to talk about faction expansions, but I prefer more factions then a bigger map.

Eldrahan
06-30-2006, 06:35
Um, why do you want a bigger map without more factions? What's the point of empty space? Or do you want more regions in the same area? 'Cause I prefer field battles to sieges, and more regions mean more sieges.

tuesmall
06-30-2006, 20:38
Well i PREFER a bigger map....its personal opinion but yes that would mean expanding into more empires etc.For me this mod is perfect but i have always liked the big maps.

moreb_benhk
07-01-2006, 01:39
Yerp. What I reckon should be done for the demons to make them playable is to have another 'small' demon faction designed for the human players (epxerienced ones) Put it next door to the bigger one, maybe fashion it as some sort of 'rebel' demons team. Make it small, relatively poor, and vulnerable to attacks from a number of sides.

So if the human player is in command of it, he has a really tough time on his hands to avoid gettign steamrolled by indians/others/big demons next door = loads of challenging fun even as one of the more powerfully rostered factions. It would also require very little editing to be done also, cause the lineup, generals, buildings, etc. could all be identical or very nearly so to that of the main demon team.

Additionally, when not being played by the human player, this team would be immediately steamrolled by the bigger demon faction, thus not impeding its growth much. So in effect, there will be 2 demon factions when you wish to play as them, but only really 1 when you don't.

Also on another topic, one more faction in the emptiness near India would be cool. I do like the map size as is, perhaps one or 2 more provinces here or there (specifically near those port provinces that are unable to trade due to the nearest available ports being too far away.

Silver Rusher
07-01-2006, 12:12
The map is great at the size it's at, but I think that some of the gaps need to be filled to make Krishnapur and Yomi more playable (like moreb benkh pointed out). I also think that the void in south-east asia should be filled, a thai-style faction would be great.

Morray
07-02-2006, 10:06
I am not really sure what is to the left of the Indian faction but I believe it is empty space?!

I think along the ideas of the chap said before a smaller deamon faction would be a good idea, but given time I think maybe a force of 'good' themed faction would be excellent!

I am thinking Angels Unicorns Centurs Matyrs etc! I know they are not 'asian' but I am making just reference, failing that if it is too much hard work whack the monks down there with 3-4 provinces! That would rule!

ALSO It would be cool to add some positive demaons to the monk side like Hmm (Thinks about good demons!?) Oh I dont know The ghosts fish men and shark guys would be cool!

Asean
07-02-2006, 10:59
Maybe add two similar, or with minor differences southeast asian faction (SEA1 & SEA2) and maybe Tibet.

https://img123.imageshack.us/img123/6435/blmap41uw.jpg

Avicenna
07-02-2006, 14:17
Tibet's just going to be eaten up by the Indian faction pretty quickly, though.

The light pink area might be a good idea, since it could expand before the Kishnapur or Chinese choose to attack them.

moreb_benhk
07-03-2006, 01:53
Yeh. A SEA faction on that peninsular might be viable.

As to a good-aligned faction. Well, I dunno. Personally it would lessen the feel of the mod. It just seems to clash with the sort of dark setting of the mod. Plus it would make it a bit too much like bland, mainline fantasy. As to placing the monks on the main continent- it would probably lead to them walking over everyone (seeing as they are so superpowered).