PDA

View Full Version : General comments and Inquiries.

moreb_benhk
06-22-2006, 11:34
First off, this is the best mod I have ever played, hands down. I do have a coupla questions tho.

Is it purposefull that the Japanese factions have almost no 'happiness' buildings that dont also increase growth rates? I am finding in my current game that my populations are exploding because of a lack of non-growth happiness buildings.

Also, has anyone else found it that the Khanate absolutely carves up the other factions and surges straight to #1 by a long ways (about double the score of 2nd place demons)? Or maybe is there actually some variation in what happens? Ifso, hooorah.

Additionally, is it just me or is diplomacy working properly in this mod, as I have never seen it do before in the vanilla versions or any other mod? My neighbours (Agaki clan) haven't once launched a stupid (ie- destined to fail) attack agains me without provokation. They have sought ceasefire when on the losing end of battles. They have negotiated reasonable deals and stuck with them. Ditto for other dudes. They are behaving..... sensibly. Boy that is a real pleasure. I actually feel like diplomatising now rather than simply grinding away. As a reward to them, the Agaki Clan have now been bypassed and live on happy and healthy (and un-backstabbily). Woo!

big_feef
06-22-2006, 19:52
I did notice that the Japanese tend to have very high growth rates; but so do the Chinese. Just like how the Indians usually end up filthy rich after a couple of decades because of the buildings that give them massive amounts of trade income. I haven't played a Demon campaign yet, so I can't really tell how their economy behaves; but the minor factions (Mongols and Choson) have low growth because of their lack of religious buildings. I'm planning on adding their own religious buildings, but I don't know how it'll affect the settlement plan and sieges, etc.

In my campaigns, the Choson usually ends up in a long protracted war with the Mongols after about ten turns; with neither side winning until they are attacked by someone else. It's the AI Indians or Demons who usually have rapid expansions: the two Japanese and two Chinese factions are usually at war with each other after the first round. That severely limits the expansion of those four factions because their wars are usually protracted like the Mongols vs. Choson; and the Indians and Demons basically have free reign to gobble up surrounding rebel provinces.

And I also noticed the unidiotic AI behavior in respect to diplomacy. This might be a RTW 1.5/1.6 thing... I haven't played much of either so I cannot confirm. By the time that patch came out I already had a very long modded BI campaign going that I was loathe to restart; and I basically shelved RTW after that campaign.

Opie
06-23-2006, 02:38
I really like the fact that India and the demons tend to build up a bit before launching any major attacks. I do however have beef with the elephants.
There are no troops effective at countering them.
Sure you can panick them with artillery but because of the fast paced game speed this is a very risky plan. There are no javelin units (that get bonuses vs elephants) and it seems that even the explosives used by the firelancers or bombers has very little effect. Fire arrows seem to scare the bronze dragons, but dont seem to work (scare) the normal elephants at all..

Its frustrating to see a veteran army get ripped apart by elephants/dragons and no effective counter.
A unit needs to be added (merc maybe) or some stats changed for certain spearmen to make elephants realisticly counterable for the factions with no access (maybe make the redbearded mercs available all across japan, china, and korea, and give them the bonus vs elephants (and raise the upkeep). this ensures the eastern armies can counter the western elephants , at a premium cost)
In the meantime i have nerfed the charge bonus a bit, makes them still tanks, but if the computer lets them get bogged down its actually possible to win.

Opie
06-23-2006, 02:40
I really like the fact that India and the demons tend to build up a bit before launching any major attacks. I do however have beef with the elephants.
There are no troops effective at countering them.
Sure you can panick them with artillery but because of the fast paced game speed this is a very risky plan. There are no javelin units (that get bonuses vs elephants) and it seems that even the explosives used by the firelancers or bombers has very little effect. Fire arrows seem to scare the bronze dragons, but dont seem to work (scare) the normal elephants at all..

Its frustrating to see a veteran army get ripped apart by elephants/dragons and no effective counter.
A unit needs to be added (merc maybe) or some stats changed for certain spearmen to make elephants realisticly counterable for the factions with no elephants of their own(maybe make the redbearded mercs available all across japan, china, and korea, and give them the bonus vs elephants (and raise the upkeep). this ensures the eastern armies can counter the western elephants , at a premium cost)
In the meantime i have nerfed the charge bonus a bit, makes them still tanks, but if the computer lets them get bogged down its actually possible to win.

dark_shadow89
06-23-2006, 07:47
I'd personally like to see a much more aggressive AI, especially for the Demon faction - they just dont attack you enough...

moreb_benhk
06-27-2006, 04:02
A more agressive AI would be nice, expecially for those demons. But I am happy that for once, I can sense that diplomacy means something. My neighbours dont kill themselves with puny attacks on my borders that bleed away their armies and leave them open for me to stomp them. They dont insist on breaking treaties every 5 turns or so. It's quite nice.

They are perhaps just a bit to shy in launching attacks when they do actually have the numbers to back it up, but they dont seem to have trouble with counter-attacking. My main army was nearly destroyed when I took a Khanate town and they launched 3 waves of reasonably solid armies at me in quick succession.

Tatsumaru
06-27-2006, 09:59
I only can agree with all the other fans of BL: Your MOD is one of my favorite and most wanted ones!! Realy GREAT WORK! :2thumbsup:

But there are some things I missed in this MOD, just for gameplay and the eyes!
1. Are you going to add some LODs?? Would be great for performance.
2. Can anybody create some banner carrieres? I like them very much and it is something great to see!! The japanese and chinese army often carried many banners with the sighs of there origin and family.

Some pics also with banner of india:

http://gardkarlsen.com/images/banner_outside_sumo_stadium_tokyo_tn.jpg
http://www.allartintl.com/images/chinese%20guardsman%20side%20view.jpg
http://www.allartintl.com/images/samurai-side-new-1.jpg
http://www.allartintl.com/images/rajput-left-side.jpg

There were also foot-carriers! Please create some, just as fun addition. :shame:
You only need, perhaps two or three dif. moddels only diffrent in the texture and how large the flaggs are.

Hope I could inspire you a bit :idea2: