PDA

View Full Version : Well...

Dayve
06-22-2006, 22:49
It's been thursday for almost 24 hours, and not a word on the forums... Seems like everybody died...

Any news on the release? Today or has it been posponed?

Prof
06-22-2006, 23:02
still thursday and it is released ^_^

Dayve
06-23-2006, 02:03
Yeah man i just downloaded it and am about to start a campaign...

That intro video is awesome, really top notch stuff there, i have but one problem with it... The Roman legionaires form a testudo as they were being charged by the barbarians... Why did you make this into the video? Testudo was used for approaching fortifications or when under heavy missle fire.

Dayve
06-23-2006, 02:27
It looks good. The skins are absolutely the best skins i have ever seen yet for RTW... The skins truly are breathtaking and the cities and the fleets look awesome.. Can't wait for it to be more complete so i can play a campaign properly... As it is now battles are way too fast and i can't stand the vanilla skins and units for other factions..

Prof
06-23-2006, 12:43
Yeah man i just downloaded it and am about to start a campaign...

That intro video is awesome, really top notch stuff there, i have but one problem with it... The Roman legionaires form a testudo as they were being charged by the barbarians... Why did you make this into the video? Testudo was used for approaching fortifications or when under heavy missle fire.

we didn't make that video at all...it is the first (afaik) trailer of Rome...CA made it ^^

Dayve
06-23-2006, 22:26
Then how come i've never seen it :inquisitive:

I don't mean the one where it starts with Cartheginian spearmen marching in column, i mean the one where the Roman legionaires are marching and they fire some missles at the barbarians and then the barbarians charge... Never seen that one before..

cunctator
06-24-2006, 08:39
I think it was released in spring 2003 togehter with a small magazine article, the first sight of R:TW, over a year before the game.

The_White_Knight
06-24-2006, 15:13
I think it was released in spring 2003 togehter with a small magazine article, the first sight of R:TW, over a year before the game.
Yeah, isn't it that rendered one? I believe it was even featured as a preview on my MTW-edition.

stalin
06-25-2006, 22:40
thought of dropping it to save space?