PDA

View Full Version : Res Gestae crashes!

Naja
06-23-2006, 06:39
Horrible, indeed! Everything installed and loaded up smoothely enough. But as soon as I played a custom battle, the battle started to load up and then crashed telling me that I was missing a high CAS file of some sort...I think for a horse model or early_roman_lesser_general? I've tried loading custom battles but now it freezes in the loading screen, and I'm forced to have to power down my computer in order to get out of it (Tab+Alt and Ctrl+Alt+Del don't work).

It gets worse. I tried loading up an Imperial campaign. At first it seemed alright because the introduction video played. But then as soon as it loaded, the game crashed back onto Windows.

I have a fresh install of RTW 1.5. While at first I had somewhat of a mod (none of which affected the skins or textures of units - it was only slight editing of building stats), I quickly changed to the original vanilla Data folder and installed Res Gestae a second time. That was when I experienced the other problems, like I said.

I'm not sure what to do!! :no:

sithlord85
06-23-2006, 07:11
Horrible, indeed! Everything installed and loaded up smoothely enough. But as soon as I played a custom battle, the battle started to load up and then crashed telling me that I was missing a high CAS file of some sort...I think for a horse model or early_roman_lesser_general? I've tried loading custom battles but now it freezes in the loading screen, and I'm forced to have to power down my computer in order to get out of it (Tab+Alt and Ctrl+Alt+Del don't work).

It gets worse. I tried loading up an Imperial campaign. At first it seemed alright because the introduction video played. But then as soon as it loaded, the game crashed back onto Windows.

I have a fresh install of RTW 1.5. While at first I had somewhat of a mod (none of which affected the skins or textures of units - it was only slight editing of building stats), I quickly changed to the original vanilla Data folder and installed Res Gestae a second time. That was when I experienced the other problems, like I said.

I'm not sure what to do!! :no:
This is exactly what happened to me!:help:
PLEASE I really want to play this!!!!!!!:wall:

sithlord85
06-23-2006, 07:15
sorry for double post can't edit them.

Dayve
06-23-2006, 08:13
Mine works fine...

Uninstall RTW and delete your activision folder. Reinstall RTW, patch to 1.1, then to 1.2, then to 1.3, then to 1.5, install Res Gestae and it should work fine.

Although i had a problem with the DOS extractor thing... It kept asking me if i wanted to install to directory or file... I just kept pressing D for directory...

Naja
06-24-2006, 06:41
For some reason the unit files (CAS, DDS, etc.) are not in the models_unit folder. How could this be? What must I do now?

PROMETHEUS
06-24-2006, 08:26
may be the copy u downloaded was corrupted?

Naja
06-24-2006, 08:40
Prometheus, maybe you could just post a link that would allow me to download a copy of your own Models_unit folder? Because that alone seems to be the problem area.

PROMETHEUS
06-24-2006, 08:55
Redownload it it is probably been corrupted when u downloaded it ....

The_White_Knight
06-24-2006, 15:11
Uninstall RTW and delete your activision folder. Reinstall RTW, patch to 1.1, then to 1.2, then to 1.3, then to 1.5, install Res Gestae and it should work fine.
It's not necessary to install 1.1 and 1.2 as 1.3 contains these.

Naja
06-24-2006, 19:09
My problem has been solved, as in the bug reporting folder. Please close this topic.