PDA

View Full Version : Res Gestae Total War - The Promethean Legions - Feedback and Comments.

PROMETHEUS
06-23-2006, 09:30
Post here your comments, negative or positive about the mod , do not post Bugs or problems in this thread.

Dayve
06-23-2006, 11:13
Very good mod man the skins are absolutely terriffic the best skins i've ever seen in a mod for RTW... I don't think any mod in the future could ever possibly surpass those skins...

I'm not so sure about the seperate Roman factions though man... 4 unit slots for what could be 1 faction... Having 2 other Roman families stops you from expanding realistically as the Romans which i know a lot of people love to do, myself included... On the other hand the possibility of a later civil war is nice and also having 3 seperate factions in a way is realistic, because Rome was never ruled by one man until Augustus, so the three families represents generals with different ambitions quite nicely i think and also no other mods have 3 seperate factions for Rome, they are all unified...

One thing i definately think you have to change though man are the unit stats... They're as bad as vanilla... Units route seconds after contact again.

Naja
06-24-2006, 10:39
Love the new skins. But there's one part of them that sort of gets me: their faces. The faces of most of the Roman units very obstructed and blurry and undefined. Even at the highest video setting, it still looks a little blurry. Their faces need more definition.

Other than that, two thumbs up. I like your grass, too.

hoom
06-25-2006, 01:28
I've been lurking around here for quite some time, these skins, models & various ancilliaries are absolutely awesome.

I'm absolutely dying to see the Carthaginians :balloon2:

Naja
06-25-2006, 02:32
I think I've figured out what's not right about the faces: on some units, you can't see their eyes! On later units like the Cohors Imperialis their helmets aren't so low. But the earlier units like Roarii, Hastati, Princepes, and Triarii have helmets that are so low, you can't see their eyes. It sort of looks odd.

hoom
06-25-2006, 20:26
Nothing wrong with the Hastati eyes.
Do a seige with a siege tower & as they gather at the top of the tower you can see the face up close.

Naja
06-26-2006, 22:22
Nothing wrong with the Hastati eyes.
Do a seige with a siege tower & as they gather at the top of the tower you can see the face up close.

Must've been my imagination. ; )

Naja
06-26-2006, 22:25
Roman Centurions need a new animation for giving orders. Since they have large scuta like the other legionaries, it looks really silly when they raise their left arm and the entire shield comes with it.

This could be easily resolved by changing it to a different arm. For example, whenever a general uses his Rally Troops ability, he uses his sword arm to give the order. I think that Centurions should give orders with their right arms.

Tellos Athenaios
07-16-2006, 00:09
One thing i definately think you have to change though man are the unit stats... They're as bad as vanilla... Units route seconds after contact again.

Well, if you would compare the stats of the non roman units with the roman ones you will see why:

first of all the non roman units haven't got new stats, or at least they're not in the ROMAN skin pack - so far the only RES GESTAE part that's out -;
secondly the ROMAN units do have massive unit stats, wait for a bit fight a few battles and your Hastati equal Vanilla Praetorians.

In my opinion this just isn't right: there should be more of a chance for non roman players to survive: :duel: and :charge: !

Naja
07-16-2006, 09:37
In my experience it's been just the opposite. Whereas in the vanilla game you could have several Legionary Cohorts rout a full 20 units of Germans, now those barbarians will fuck you up!

PROMETHEUS
07-17-2006, 08:57
Have you downloaded the new patch with the Darth Vader balancements?

Ceasar14
08-11-2006, 20:55
Your mod doesn't work!

Little Legioner
09-20-2006, 10:31
Legion download links are down Prom :no:and do you think to add your city add on?