PDA

View Full Version : What factions are the most finished?

Musopticon?
06-27-2006, 08:23
Well, maybe "most finished" is the wrong expression. Make it, the "most worked-on". For example, Bactria is obviously very WIP, while Makedon is looking well off. So what other "makedons" are there?

Obelics
06-29-2006, 21:21
well, i think Greeks (koinon ellenoi) is an almost finished facion, they have their personalized CM interface with a whole set of new icons, and the units roaster seems almost complete to me, there isn't still a general custom skin, but all buildings and thinks are all very accurate, it also seems they have all the units cards etc. So try this faction, it is really enjoyabile and the Torakitai oplites are really nice.

according to what i read, it seems that in the next version there will be also spartan oplites (even if i really dont care of them as i think they are not necessary). Regarding traditionnal oplites there also the Chorintian. This is the most complete faction i tryied so far.

I also read that the seleucids (arkè seleukeia) is one of the most completed, but i haven't tryed them (since they are my worst enemies in my actual campaign)

Chartage has some cool units but the general bodyguards are still vanilla and the numidian cavalry is the worst skinned of the whole mod (but they are just a placeholder)

gallic tribes seems also near to be complete to me, but no faction seems to reach the koinon hellenoi accuracy and cleaness in my opinion so far

that what i can say from my actual experience :bow:

Musopticon?
06-30-2006, 08:24
Thanks Artas.

-Praetor-
07-10-2006, 02:52
Could a developer make just a small and quick list in order to show us a ranking of the most finished factions?

Has anyone already made that list?

Thanks in advance.

Ludens
07-11-2006, 14:00
Has anyone already made that list?
I am not a developper, but based on my own experiences and various comments on these forums I think the list looks like this:

1) Aedui, Averni and the Hellenic factions are mostly finished. There will be some changes and fine-tuning, but I think most content is in place.
2) SPQR and Casse lack several key units, but are otherwise very playable.
3) Hayasdan and to a lesser extent Pontos are missing important units and their traits aren't done. They are playable, but obviously incomplete.
4) Sauromatae and Yuezhi are crippled by low income, high upkeep and relentless rebels. Serious tuning is necessary here. Iberia is has servere recruitment problems and is barely playable as well.

I am not sure where the Getai, Sweboz and Phalava stand, but I suppose they are somewhere between 2 and 3.

Musopticon?
07-11-2006, 22:23
Bactria is between 3 and 4, right?

Teleklos Archelaou
07-11-2006, 22:27
They're not so bad now - but more indian units in the next build will make it a lot more enjoyable playing against your enemies, and more saka units will make it more challenging too. Plus there are some new Baktrian units for 0.8 too.

Musopticon?
07-11-2006, 22:33
That is good news and thanks to everyone for answering my questions. I took Artas/Obelics' advice and started an Epirote campaign. It has been higly enjoyable. I wish I could play Bactria, but as it is now, the rebels are too much a bother.

Teleklos Archelaou
07-11-2006, 23:35
The only (big) problem with Epeiros is that currently they get no units whatsoever north of Capua on the Italian peninsula. And their Illyrian pickings are slim too. Don't even build MIC's in Rome or Arretium or Arimium. Enslave the cities and move on.

Musopticon?
07-12-2006, 07:19
Right, ok. But Mediolanium, Patavium and Bononia(?) have units, right?

Oh, another question, is it possible for other factions than the gallic ones to recruit gaesatae?

Joeokar
07-13-2006, 00:52
I am not a developper, but based on my own experiences and various comments on these forums I think the list looks like this:

1) Aedui, Averni and the Hellenic factions are mostly finished. There will be some changes and fine-tuning, but I think most content is in place.
2) SPQR and Casse lack several key units, but are otherwise very playable.
3) Hayasdan and to a lesser extent Pontos are missing important units and their traits aren't done. They are playable, but obviously incomplete.
4) Sauromatae and Yuezhi are crippled by low income, high upkeep and relentless rebels. Serious tuning is necessary here. Iberia is has servere recruitment problems and is barely playable as well.

I am not sure where the Getai, Sweboz and Phalava stand, but I suppose they are somewhere between 2 and 3.

Sweboz are in bad shape too in my op they cant recruit almost nothing east of there starting city. So good luck stoping rebels and others in the east. :sweatdrop:

Moros
07-31-2006, 19:44
Oh, another question, is it possible for other factions than the gallic ones to recruit gaesatae?
Yes Kartadashtim can recruit them. I'm not sure about others.

Fondor_Yards
07-31-2006, 20:20
Pontus and the Seleucids can also.

Musopticon?
08-01-2006, 14:49
Better late then never, eh?

Thanks, I'll keep my eye open for them. And ravage the recruitment sheet.

Teleklos Archelaou
08-03-2006, 19:19
The new pontus units aren't in the internal build yet. New unit recruitment is just about in the internal build too - but currently I'm in a pontus campaign and I'm fighting ridiculous Seleukid armies with Pantadapoi Phalangitai, Thureophoroi, and Sphendonetai/Toxotai, together with whatever mercenaries I can find. The current recruitment for Pontus (in 074) is enough to have a fun start to a game, but you'll never win in the long run unless you just recruit the hell out of mercs everywhere you go.

orwell
08-03-2006, 20:08
The current recruitment for Pontus (in 074) is enough to have a fun start to a game, but you'll never win in the long run unless you just recruit the hell out of mercs everywhere you go.

That actually sounds kinda fun. If you've recruited all the mercs in the area and you can't find more, along with no re-inforcements, you better plan what you attack, and how. Suddenly province xyz that allows you to recruit that powerful merc unit is pretty good, a key point to hold onto in your campaign. Of course there will eventually be more but at least in .74 it seemed like you could really clean out the province for.... years even.

Musopticon?
08-03-2006, 20:09
Yeah, I noticed that when I was playing as them. There's no backbone army core units as such.

Rilder
12-11-2006, 19:16
So how about an updated list for .8?

Moros
12-12-2006, 15:52
Sweboz, Aedui, Arverni, SPQR, Baktria, Kharthadashtim, Ptolemaioi (and othe successors), KH, Getai, Hayasdan, Casse are fun playing. Pontus, Saka, Lusotanann and Saba probably are less fun. Because they miss some key units or elements. Saba misses a lot, Saka miss low end payable troops and Lusotanann and Epeiros mis alot of regionals. (They both have provinces near them where no or barely any unit is recruitable.)

Numahr
12-13-2006, 14:01
Gertgregoor,

Do you know what exactly is missing to Pontus?

I have started a campaign with them, I really enjoy this original faction, and I noticed that my faction MICs don't allow me to recruit much in the Black sea settlements (Trabzon, Samsun), is it due to their uncomplete status?

Moros
12-13-2006, 19:51
Well I haven't really played them since before the Open beta but my campaign didn't last long. And I never really followed them that much. All I can say is that they miss some core units I think. However their Chalkaspidai (spelling?) is pretty and good.

Numahr
12-14-2006, 09:50
Thx for the info Gertgregor. While playing them I got the impression of a rather finished faction... and I am really curious about these "missing core units"??