PDA

View Full Version : What now

stalin
06-28-2006, 11:35
I installed all but the last patch (the 3rd version caused insta-CTD). Nice eye candy but my question is this supposed to be playable NOW or after the all the addons are finished. You see the romans are invincible now, I had my general (faction leader ) and a unit (1) of hastati get attacked by 12 warbands and 3 units of barb cavalry ( battle difficulty medium)and the general ate the cav without losses and then routed the warbands that were being held by one (1!) unit of hastati (morale and defence made them into tanks). Heroic victory. Now the romans are even more powerfull than before (and they get their units straight away plus the legion spam) so I wonder where is the challenge or the fun in that.

PROMETHEUS
06-28-2006, 14:17
-U didnt read the read me didn't you? and u should add the latest patch with the latesd add on balancements ...

stalin
06-30-2006, 15:40
I did but the build i tried to install (3c) crashed the game on startup. The readme also says "final version" and "no known bugs". Now the new stats work very well but the sprites for the horses are missing for many generals' units so when zooming out the riders float on air...using the 4d patch.

PROMETHEUS
06-30-2006, 18:48
Strange since the new add ons do not relate to new sprites....

stalin
06-30-2006, 18:58
Are the changes in the patch packs save game compatible( I am 10 years into my julii campaign)?B TW very nice skins and congrats on the semi final place.