PDA

View Full Version : Spyware Quake

Vladimir
06-30-2006, 01:16
Sorry for starting another virus thread but this seems like a special circumstance. Has anyone here heard of Spyware Quake? A spy/adware that gives you a false virus alert message and a popup in the lower right that directs you to their web site? So far running Norton and Microsoft anti-malware programs have failed to eliminate it from my system.

I come to the community on my knees, begging please someone tell me how to get rid of this program. Look, I have ballons for anyone that can help! :balloon2: :balloon2: :balloon2:

hoom
06-30-2006, 06:41
You want Smitrem (http://noahdfear.geekstogo.com/)
These variants of smitfraud trojan are about the hardest things to get rid of that there are & smitrem is one of the few things that actually gets rid of it properly.

tibilicus
06-30-2006, 19:36
Yes it is a smitfraud variant which are normaly very hard tog et rid of. If that link hoom gave you doesn't work download hijackthis run it and then post the log at www.castlecops.com. They can the analyse the log for you.

edyzmedieval
06-30-2006, 22:32
Urgh man, Spyware Quake is a nasty trojan virus. Erase it IF you can.

Heh, one of my friends had it, and when we ran an Ad Aware scan, at about 74000 files checked, it restarted.

Vladimir
06-30-2006, 23:04
Thanks everyone. I talked to some tech guys at work and my brain still feels numb. They mentioned hijackthis as well and this will be my project for the weekend.

Oh and:

:balloon2:

edyzmedieval
06-30-2006, 23:18
I have HijackThis in my comp, but I can't remove it. Although it doesn't do anything, and I only get files from Ad Aware(low risk).

:inquisitive:

tibilicus
06-30-2006, 23:25
Hijackthis is not harmful. All it does is lsit posible registery errors so you can manually fix them in safe mode.

Always make sure you know what your doing before using it though.

Oh and good luck Vladamir.

Tib

Vladimir
07-03-2006, 05:47
:thumbsup:

edyzmedieval
07-03-2006, 23:12
Hijackthis is not harmful. All it does is lsit posible registery errors so you can manually fix them in safe mode.

Always make sure you know what your doing before using it though.

Oh and good luck Vladamir.

Tib

If it's not harmful, then why does it have this weird name? :inquisitive:

Anyone use BullGuard Antivirus?

hoom
07-04-2006, 01:25
The name is as in "Ha! You snivelling spyware, try to take over my machine will you? Well Hijack This! <runs program>"

edyzmedieval
07-04-2006, 12:30
The name is as in "Ha! You snivelling spyware, try to take over my machine will you? Well Hijack This! <runs program>"

:laugh4:

Good one Hoom.

hoom
07-06-2006, 05:53
Not me, the person who named it.

tibilicus
07-06-2006, 12:48
I must say I rather great program to. Any one who can understand a hijack this log can fix almost any computer problem.