PDA

View Full Version : Problem with windows and Installers.

LorDBulA
06-30-2006, 18:31
Hello.
I have this strange problem when i install RTW or other software everting is going fine but when installation is almost complete (only Publishing information etc the end stuff left) the whole program gets deleted.
What the heck is this? I never saw something like this.
I guess this is windows revenge for switching to Linux as main OS.

Any idea what is going on?

Aymar de Bois Mauri
06-30-2006, 19:05
Hello.
I have this strange problem when i install RTW or other software everting is going fine but when installation is almost complete (only Publishing information etc the end stuff left) the whole program gets deleted.
What the heck is this? I never saw something like this.
I guess this is windows revenge for switching to Linux as main OS.

Any idea what is going on?That is very weird, LorDBulA. I have no idea what it might be. Maybe the Windows Installer feature is corrupted?

tibilicus
06-30-2006, 19:34
Have you checked for malware? It sounds like your installer is corupted.

www.castlecops.com

Post on there forums they might know.

LeftEyeNine
07-02-2006, 19:53
I recommend registry clean before anything else. Get Tune Up Utilities (http://www.tune-up.com/download/tu2006/) and run its Registry Cleaner module.

LorDBulA
07-05-2006, 23:19
Uninstalling SP2 solved the problem.

hoom
07-06-2006, 05:57
Thats a really weird one :dizzy2:

caravel
07-06-2006, 08:46
Uninstalling SP2 solved the problem.

Your windows installer was probably corrupted. Uninstalling SP2 has reverted to a previous version of the windows installer. Try downloading SP2 again and update again. I wouldn't advise that you run without SP2 (security).

LorDBulA
07-06-2006, 13:14
Yea thats the plan. Uninstalling SP2 screwed lots of things.

LeftEyeNine
07-06-2006, 18:43
Yea thats the plan. Uninstalling SP2 screwed lots of things.

That's the element that Microsoft's corporate culture is built on. Should you welcome it or never get used to the world of Micropfft!