PDA

View Full Version : How are things going?

tutankamon
06-30-2006, 21:05
Hey haven't seen much activity here lately... is the mod dead? or are things just slow at the moment?

IrishArmenian
07-02-2006, 06:16
I don't know. I would like to though. I applied for this mod, but I cannot help it along right now, for I am currently getting married.

Aenlic
07-02-2006, 07:41
I don't know. I would like to though. I applied for this mod, but I cannot help it along right now, for I am currently getting married.

Well, congratulations, IA! Or condolences, whichever you deem more appropriate to your situation. :grin:

edyzmedieval
07-02-2006, 09:05
Things are stagnating. I prepared for a free summer to work on BTW and AoVaF, but I still have my neck tied with my parents, and they filled up my time with basketball training(ok, I love that~D, and I wanted it), swimming pool, theatre(sheeesh ~:eek:) and other stuff.....

If anyone wants to help...

tutankamon
07-03-2006, 15:11
If anyone wants to help...

Sure... although I'm not that reliable these days, since I'm currently on my summer-hollidays at my parents... but hey! fill me in on what you need.. and I'll see if I can help

ScionTheWorm
07-08-2006, 01:30
why not...
https://img239.imageshack.us/img239/51/sc597vy.jpg (http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,12549.0.html)

edyzmedieval
07-08-2006, 22:36
Glad to know you're an M&B fan Scion. ~D

Wanna help AoVaF TW?

Rodion Romanovich
07-11-2006, 12:45
cool stuff scion, I saw it in your sig a few days ago!

ScionTheWorm
07-29-2006, 23:19
Thanks!

This smells dead... RIP

Earl of Sandwich
07-31-2006, 05:55
I can't be dead! It mustn't be dead!

Agraes
08-03-2006, 11:24
Edyz had declared Byzantium TW dead since the 1st of July, and it was his main project. Nobody seems to still working on AoVaF :no:

palissa
08-03-2006, 11:42
I am still here, but need coders who put thing together :)
I have more than 10 factions ready :)
One day perhaps i will learn code and make a release :) who knows...

Antagonist
08-03-2006, 15:10
Man, that's a real pity. I'm sure I wasn't the only one really looking forward to AoVaF... What exactly needs to be done? Palissa and Scion's work combined with the already done Norse stuff seems like the majority of the art is already done? Or am I way off?

Antagonist

palissa
08-03-2006, 16:39
Yeah, i guess 80% of units are done, but miss all coding and inserting in the game the units, check for bug, and all the UI card and battle card.
And the map I dont know who has it, maybe edzy or legio.
Bye

edyzmedieval
08-05-2006, 20:32
Kinda dead. The map is at Legio, and we lack coders.

The Spartan (Returns)
08-05-2006, 20:38
it was looking good before.

Lasias Wenson
08-07-2006, 10:11
well, I can do some coding (not much though, still learning), so I would be glad to help

Agraes
08-07-2006, 21:32
Zhuge Liang had the same issue on Troy (all units done but not coded), he did a tool in java to implement them faster. I guess someone should take up the loads of AoVaF and gather all the various code and models. There is still lot of potential in this mod, even with MTW2 coming. Lot of work have been done for more than a year and one or two skilled codders can probably complete the mod. Of course, I say this but I never worked on AoVaF so Im not 100% sure...

edyzmedieval
08-09-2006, 12:27
Using the pack + the units Palissa made + 2 coders => something workable.

Moros
08-15-2006, 10:36
If this mod really needs help. I might help some with the textfiles. I don't know them all but perhaps I can help in the near future. (I can hopefully start in september again when I'll have more time.) But BL and EB will have to come first.

Byzantine Emperor
09-10-2006, 11:20
I can most certainly code things... can I help in any way?

menander
09-12-2006, 07:27
I would also like to help...

Byzantine Emperor
09-14-2006, 19:42
Is there anyone here?

Moros
09-16-2006, 14:40
Yeah, same question. IS there something that can be done?

Rodion Romanovich
09-19-2006, 19:36
hm I'm talking with someone possibly willing to take over. As for those interested in helping, if edyz hasn't got time to lead the mod anymore you might need to choose a new coordinator that should hold all the mod files and put together internal alpha releases and all the stuff associated with coordinating the mod. If anybody is interested in being new coordinator then I can send the files I've got, and I suppose the others are ready to send over the files of the work they made. However I'm a bit busy so it may take a few weeks before I can look through my files and find the stuff and send it over. I suggest those who are interested make a new thread, or anybody interested in coordinating could open a thread and try to recruit all who have been interested in helping out. I wish you good luck!

IrishArmenian
09-20-2006, 01:07
Maybe you should save this for MTW2, Legio.

menander
09-21-2006, 08:22
hm I'm talking with someone possibly willing to take over.
^^ That = me. :sweatdrop:

Hey guys. I'm trying to put this stuff together. I will need some help, but before that, I need all the files...

So if anyone (palissa, skeletor, anyone else) has any AoVaF-related files, it would be cool is they could send them to me ASAP.

Also:

People interested in helping: Byzantine Warrior, Gert (if he has time with 2 other mods), Lasias Wenson

Anyone else interested, let me know.:2thumbsup:

Byzantine Emperor
09-21-2006, 15:18
^^ That = me. :sweatdrop:

Hey guys. I'm trying to put this stuff together. I will need some help, but before that, I need all the files...

So if anyone (palissa, skeletor, anyone else) has any AoVaF-related files, it would be cool is they could send them to me ASAP.

Also:

People interested in helping: Byzantine Warrior, Gert (if he has time with 2 other mods), Lasias Wenson

Anyone else interested, let me know.:2thumbsup:

OK! Tell me when you need some help!

btw, my username is Byzantine Emperor not Byzantine Warrior.

menander
09-24-2006, 13:07
Heh. Sorry about that.

I've sent you a PM, by the way.

Moros
09-24-2006, 18:59
at the moment I'm implenting new units to EB and I will probably do alot for BL too, also alot of unit stuff+who knows what . But I might be able to do some stuff now and then.
EDit: one more thing, what version is it for, as I don't have BI.

menander
09-25-2006, 02:24
It is for BI 1.6 at the moment :(

Thanks for the offer. Can you do 2D art stuff, btw?

edyzmedieval
09-25-2006, 16:56
Menander is the new leader of the mod. ~:)
I confirm that.

Me and Legio are still advisors.

Csatadi
10-24-2006, 11:00
Menander, good luck! :2thumbsup:

I suggest to build up the mod on the Arabic, Viking and Hungarian raids. This would be more interesting. And rename the mod because this "AOVAF" name does not very interesting.

I can help with the history and historical maps.

Csatadi
10-24-2006, 14:27
Here's some idea by Atilla Reloaded giving suggestions to modders.

--------------------------

Well, it is a sad but predictable failure. (Imperia Romana - Csatádi)

From me, as a one who was a member of two unsuccessful mods, TSTW and IR, before I started my own one, IBFD, I would like not to discuss the reasons of this project's death, but say some words for the beginning modders, which may be usefull for for other more expirienced modders too, in order to avoid such situations, when the expectations and work of many are wasted.

1) When you are starting a mod you must have a certain plan of what you must create, if you will announce a mod with only an idea, but with no abbility or willing to realise it, it's only a matter of time when it will be dead.

2) Models of organising a mod:

2a) If you have a great team of able and talented modders, who are sure to complete a project, draw a certain detailed list of things to do and ways of making them. You may change details, but try to follow it.
2b) If you don't have a great team of able and talented modders, who are sure to complete a project, try to create this mod version-by-version, adding lesser changings in the begining and bigger after. It is good for teams of beginning modders, who will make their skills better starting with simple things and creating more complicated things later. Simple example is my IBFD mod.

3) Every team member must know what to do and have a certain list of duties he will follow.

4) The biggest mistake any beginning modder makes - for example, a modeller, creates some models, than he understands that his last model is way better than the first one, he begins to remake others so the looks as good as the last one, but that he again sees that his skills became better and he wants to make his models better again. This causes terrible time loss. Better to release early models in the first versions and remake them for the next version, or you won't ever release anything.

Hope you will find my advice useful.