PDA

View Full Version : BL Multiplayer Campaign

Silver Rusher
07-01-2006, 12:37
***ENTRY CLOSED, NO MORE PARTICIPANTS WILL BE ACCEPTED, SORRY***

I have to say it guys, this is easily the most professional total conversion mod I have ever played on Rome. The balance is superb, the graphics are stunning, the interface is very good, everything about this mod is great.

But onto my main point. The campaign map on this mod is perfect for a multiplayer campaign. No complex scripts, a lot of balanced but diverse factions close to each other early on and a very interesting strategic layout.

If you don't know what a multiplayer campaign is or how it works, read this thread: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=64876

I am starting a multiplayer campaign for Blue Lotus. Is anyone interested? To sign up for it, post with the faction you want and your e-mail adress here. Krishnapur, the Monks and the Demons will not be used here for 2 reasons:

1) It saves time if there are only 6 factions

2) These factions are quite far from the main action of the game, so it will be uninteresting to play as them (and completely pointless to play as the monks) because they will be fighting rebels only at the beginning (except the Monks, who won't have anyone at all to fight at the beginning)

Note: By signing up for this campaign you are confirming that you have successfully installed unpatched Blue Lotus onto RTW 1.5, and that you have afterwards installed the export_descr_advice.txt file as described in the multiplayer campaign thread (link above)

Factions:
Akagi Clan - ByzantineKnight (miklagard@bluebottle.com)
Choson Clan - _Hitcher_ (yourchildrenarenotspecial@hotmail.com)
Karazai Khanate -
Yuwan Clan - Morray (I just realised, we still don't have your e-mail adress Morray)
Zenzen Clan - Silver Rusher (roast_beef2@hotmail.com)
Zhuanshi Clan - menander (plozankh@hotmail.com)

Once all but one faction slots are taken the campaign will begin. The faction slot that has not been taken at the end will be played by the AI.

Rules:
Standard PBeM house rules (explained in https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=64876)
No cheating (cheating in a multiplayer campaign is defined in this thread: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=65711)
You MAY fight battles personally against rebels, but no other factions (including ones that are AI controlled)

Morray
07-01-2006, 19:05
That sounds like a brilliant idea buddy! If it hasn't started for a couple of weeks ill be in, as i dont have net access at my house yet :D

menander
07-02-2006, 10:57
I'm in! I don't particularly mind which faction I get. Perhaps a Chinese one would be good?

My email address is plozankh @ hotmail.com

Silver Rusher
07-02-2006, 11:01
I will put you on Zhuanshi for the time being.

menander
07-02-2006, 13:13
Thanks. :2thumbsup:

Myrddraal
07-06-2006, 01:46
Limit the number of players to about 5 I'd say.

ByzantineKnight
07-06-2006, 03:12
I wouldent mind playing as the Akagi Clan

My email is miklagard@bluebottle.com

This is the first time ive done something like this, so pardon me if i take a while to learn

Morray
07-06-2006, 23:08
I am interested how are fights player Vs. Player done?

I take it that it shall be fought out by the Player Vs. Computer!?

In which case can you configure the comp to be very hard?

Because if not I could see our well timed massive attacks losing to a very small enemy because he can easily fool and defeat the computer battle AI!

:no:

_Hitcher_
07-07-2006, 00:24
firstly hello,
secondly top class work on the mod, best ive seen, wasnt keen on rome after enjoying medieval so much and this has given me a reason to reinstall it, the campaign is great fun and the battles are much better, the idea just kicks ass and is very well done, top marks to you sir and mainly all done by one person that is very impressive.
on to topic, ill take a faction for multiplayer if theres one going, not sure which yet havent played them all but if theres a rush, i guess any will do. yourchildrenarenotspecial@hotmail.com

_Hitcher_
07-07-2006, 16:46
Most will be able to figure this out on their own, but for those who can't be bothered here is a nice simple list of the factions you will need to add in the script generator in the order they apear in the descr_strat.txt file and the equivalent faction they represent.

egypt - yomi (demon faction)

seleucid - zensen (japan, grey)

parthia - krishnapur (india)

gauls - yuwan (china, blue)

germans - karazai (mongols)

britons - zhuanshi (china, red)

greek_cities - akagi (japan, yellow)

spain - choson (korea)

Just incase anyone doesn't follow; if someone wants to play a campaign with the zensen and the choson they would type:
seleucid
spain

(in that order) into the script generator when prompted.

Silver Rusher
07-07-2006, 18:28
Limit the number of players to about 5 I'd say.
Already is.

Silver Rusher
07-08-2006, 13:23
I am interested how are fights player Vs. Player done?

I take it that it shall be fought out by the Player Vs. Computer!?

In which case can you configure the comp to be very hard?

Because if not I could see our well timed massive attacks losing to a very small enemy because he can easily fool and defeat the computer battle AI!

:no:
All fights between factions (except rebels) are on auto-resolve.

Akagi, Zenzen and Zhuanshi have been taken. No more entries will be accepted. Morray and _Hitcher_, please choose your factions out of the following: Karazai, Choson and Yuwan.

Once Morray and Hitcher have choson their factions (hehe) the script will be sent out along with instructions on how to play and the campaign will begin.

Please use this thread to carry out diplomatic negotiations with other players:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=66528

EDIT: Oh, and Morray, it will be possible for you to join the multiplayer campaign part-way through if you want. Basically, we will start now but you can take over control of your chosen faction whenever you choose.

_Hitcher_
07-08-2006, 20:46
i will take choson then if they are still available, havent played it as them yet but they look the best out of the 3.

Silver Rusher
07-08-2006, 21:19
Done. I will give Morray one or two days to post, if she doesn't respond I will start the campaign anyway and she can pick it up with her chosen faction when ready.

_Hitcher_
07-09-2006, 21:32
Yes sounds good im in no rush, whenever everyones ready.

how many turns are you expecting each a week, not that im in a rush as i said, just wondering what speed to expect things to move at.

ByzantineKnight
07-10-2006, 02:00
Well i cant play on sunday but otherwise i can play anytime.

The speed that we can play at will probably be affected by the timezones we are in so...

_Hitcher_
07-10-2006, 15:07
Well you must be expecting quite alot of turns then or timezones wouldnt really matter all that much...

ByzantineKnight
07-10-2006, 15:38
Well you must be expecting quite alot of turns then or timezones wouldnt really matter all that much...

Ive never done this before are we expecting more than 1 round a week?
but yah, you are right

Silver Rusher
07-10-2006, 20:01
Yes sounds good im in no rush, whenever everyones ready.

how many turns are you expecting each a week, not that im in a rush as i said, just wondering what speed to expect things to move at.
Well, if we need to play the save-game within 24 hours of receiving the file (or confirm in advance that we will not be able to) it should be at most 1 year (2 turns) every week.

I will PM Morray and give her 1 more day, I think. After that, we will begin.

That OK with everyone?

_Hitcher_
07-10-2006, 21:37
Sounds good to me.

ByzantineKnight
07-11-2006, 03:47
Me too

menander
07-13-2006, 11:51
Oh dangit. I'm away from the internet for all of next week (Sunday-Friday).

:(

I was wondering if we could control battles with AI factions and rebels...?

Silver Rusher
07-14-2006, 20:10
Well, if you and Morray are both going to be away we might as well just start the campaign next weekend.

Sorry about the long delay, folks.

I think I will change the rules a bit here. If your faction leader is in any battle, you can command it personally, UNLESS the leaders of two human factions are fighting in the same battle.

ByzantineKnight
07-16-2006, 15:03
I think I will change the rules a bit here. If your faction leader is in any battle, you can command it personally, UNLESS the leaders of two human factions are fighting in the same battle.

Does this mean 3 faction leaders in a battle, or just 1 on each opposing sides.

The delay is fine, i was grounded till today

_Hitcher_
07-16-2006, 23:13
It just means if your king is your gen you can command it yourself, unless there king is there gen(not counting ai factions)
but does this mean i just need to use my faction leader in my attacking force and i can control it myself, cos i think thats abit of a strange advantage.

ByzantineKnight
07-20-2006, 08:20
Ok Thanks, So we start on Monday?

Silver Rusher
07-21-2006, 16:40
We could start tomorrow. Morray sent me a PM saying that he will be ready then.

menander
07-22-2006, 03:22
Tomorrow is cool with me, too.

ByzantineKnight
07-22-2006, 11:27
Ok tomorrow

Myrddraal
07-22-2006, 13:06

Are you sure Silver? In which case, everyone remember, beware the army of the enemy faction leader, you cannot defeat it.

Silver Rusher
07-22-2006, 13:17
Yeah, I suppose it is a bit wrong. I will change that, then.

menander
07-23-2006, 06:41
Make it that you can personally control battles against AI factions, but must autoresolve ones against player factions. Or something that lets us fight ourselves occasionally...

Silver Rusher
07-24-2006, 15:29
I am starting the game now (sorry I couldn't do it yesterday but I was quite busy).

In the first round you will need to send the save game AND the HotSeatScript.txt and readme.txt file to the other players.

EDIT: menander, you can fight battles personally against AI factions but not rebels. Against AI factions is a bit unfair on people caught up with wars on human players, because in fighting personally people have a HUGE advantages.

We need Morray's e-mail adress before we can start.