PDA

View Full Version : question

general_varro
07-02-2006, 20:13
When you start a new game or load a save, you must click on the advisor and "show me how" to activate EB features...well my question is that when I do this I follow the above steps and after I click the "show me how" the advisor portrait slides off the screen automatically, but sometimes he does not and the "show me how" button simply greys out and I must manually click on his portrait to have him slide off the screen. In both cases, the advisor does not reappear in the future. But, is the gameplay being affected? Am I getting all the EB features in the second case. I'm playing as the Saur's now and no matter what I do the second situation seems to be happening.

thanks from the steppe

Wardo
07-03-2006, 00:12
If you activate the script once in a game, and you load a save-game or start another game, the script won't work so you have to quit Rome Total War and enter it again and load the script only once.

At least that's what I heard. :juggle2:

general_varro
07-03-2006, 00:50
Thanks for reply, but playing as the saurms the second scenerio always occurs (the advisor does not automatically deactivate) and this is only the case sometimes with other factions. Particularly when u "continue campaign". I'm still kinda confused about this.

Trithemius
07-03-2006, 01:12
If you activate the script once in a game, and you load a save-game or start another game, the script won't work so you have to quit Rome Total War and enter it again and load the script only once.

At least that's what I heard. :juggle2:

What!? Is that really true?

Foot
07-03-2006, 01:14
What!? Is that really true?

I'm afraid so (but only in our 1.5 build not in the 1.2 build). We re-encountered it during testing of the 1.5 build, and considering that it is currently a minor issue we have no immediate plans to rectify it (if at all possible). However, as we get closer to 1.0 we will look once more into this problem and attempt a solution.

Foot

general_varro
07-03-2006, 02:20
I'm sorry, I'm still confused...does this mean that any save game wont have the EB script stuff...?

general_varro
07-03-2006, 04:29
Really,all I want to know is if the advisor disappears automatically or if you have to manually click him off affects my gameplay with regards to EB scripting, features, etc..

Trithemius
07-03-2006, 04:50
Really,all I want to know is if the advisor disappears automatically or if you have to manually click him off affects my gameplay with regards to EB scripting, features, etc..

It sounds like it does. Damn. Maybe this explains my problems getting certain events/titles?

Foot
07-03-2006, 13:53
To work the background script, click on a settlement and when the advisor pops up click on the "show me how" button to start the script. To test if the script is working click on a settlement, if the advisor doesn't pop up telling you how to start the background script then the script is working.

Foot

Teleklos Archelaou
07-03-2006, 15:38
The script does work in 074 on reloads though - don't get the impression it doesnt. It's just the first time you load it there is a little difference in the way it disappears vs. all successive loads (when you have to hit the button to make it dissappear).

Aymar de Bois Mauri
07-03-2006, 15:49
If you load up a campaign, start the EB Background Script, quit the campaign and in the same Rome Total War session you begin another campaign the game may crash if you try to start the EB Background Script.Please note that this only happens in the yet unreleased 1.5 port =>> EB 0.8.

Foot
07-03-2006, 16:16
Please note that this only happens in the yet unreleased 1.5 port =>> EB 0.8.

Oh, I thought that was a problem in general. my mistake.

Foot

Trithemius
07-04-2006, 04:39
Oh, I thought that was a problem in general. my mistake.

Foot

Oh! Right, so this is going to be a problem in 0.8, but is not a problem in 0.74?

I think I am on the right page now. :)

Aymar de Bois Mauri
07-04-2006, 12:36
Oh! Right, so this is going to be a problem in 0.8, but is not a problem in 0.74?

I think I am on the right page now. :)It is a problem now for 0.8. We are working to turn it in to a non-problem when 0.8 is released.

Trithemius
07-04-2006, 13:39
It is a problem now for 0.8. We are working to turn it in to a non-problem when 0.8 is released.

Well, good. Good luck with de-problematising it.