PDA

View Full Version : Instalation Problems

Murfios
07-09-2006, 01:08
Originaly Posted By hoggy

VERY IMPORTANT INSTALL INFORMATION:

1. Install clean version of RTW (NOTE BL overwrites RTW so best to make a seperate copy)
2. Download and install patch 1.3 http://www.totalwar.com/community/download.htm
3. Download and install patch 1.5 http://www.totalwar.com/community/download.htm
4. Download Vercingetorix's PAK extractor tool. http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/?act=mod&id=43
5. Copy the contents of the unpaker into Data/packs in your clean version of RTW 1.5.
6. Run the .bat file and let run completely. this may take a while. After its done you'll see a new data folder in the packs directory.
7. CUT or MOVE (not copy) this new Data folder and paste it over the root Data folder allowing it to overwrite everything. NOTE: There should be no Data folder left in Packs.
8. Go back to the packs folder and rename all the pak files remaining (except the patch_0 and patch_1) You can just rename them with a couple of xx in the front ie sprites_1.pak rename to xxsprites_1.pak
9. Download Blue Lotus and copy it's Data folder over the Data folder in the root.
10. Install music patch (see readme in music download for install instructions)
11. Run Rome, go to Imperial Campaign. Enjoy. REMEBER TO SAVE BEFORE EACH TURN. Random AI crashes can occur in this version.
12. Please report bugs at the Blue Lotus subforum.

I feel im the only person in this world that can't Instal this Mod. It's to complex for my noobish modding mind.:help:

(problems start here)
6. Run the .bat file and let run completely. this may take a while. After its done you'll see a new data folder in the packs directory.
7. CUT or MOVE (not copy) this new Data folder and paste it over the root Data folder allowing it to overwrite everything. NOTE: There should be no Data folder left in Packs.
8. Go back to the packs folder and rename all the pak files remaining (except the patch_0 and patch_1) You can just rename them with a couple of xx in the front ie sprites_1.pak rename to xxsprites_1.pak
How in the world am I supposed to know this? do I need Winrar to to it or wuts up with the xx. No patch_0 appear...
9. Download Blue Lotus and copy it's Data folder over the Data folder in the root.
There is no copy on the scroll menu that appear when I right click it. "Edit" also has no "copy" action in it. If i ctrl+c and then ctrl+v on top it starts decompresing that takes an eternity, something with a loading bar. If I enter the "root" data folder nothing appears. just as if I had done nothing. I then moved everything inside the Blue lotus data into the root data and it gets replaced. It ruined the vanilla data folder.
10. Install music patch (see readme in music download for install instructions)
11. Run Rome, go to Imperial Campaign. Enjoy. REMEBER TO SAVE BEFORE EACH TURN. Random AI crashes can occur in this version.
12. Please report bugs at the Blue Lotus subforum.
What am I supposed to do?