PDA

View Full Version : Is R'as's server still up?

Trajanus
07-10-2006, 07:21
Just got the game and connection at home now. Looking to play some games and revoke the MP spirit.

Finding it hard to connect. Will get stuck on "connecting" as usual, and then freeze until it says failed to connect. Pretty standard problem. Want to make sure the server is still up, and if not where the few die-hards are actually still playing.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. playing through a router like so many others these days, but I'm pretty sure that only controls hosting games not connecting. I have Kerio Personal Firewall which asked if I should allow Shoggy to connect or not I accepted. Thought this should be enough. Should I also allow Port-forwarding of the Shoggy ports in my network settings?

Drisos
07-10-2006, 08:12
Hi Trajan,

Indeed, routers should only give trouble with hosting. Sounds like a problem connecting. so either you wasn't connected to the internet at that moment, the server was offline, or your configuration is incorrect.. well I'll probably be some random error with the server. Try again later.. I'm pretty shure that R'as is still hosting it.

:bow:

Trajanus
07-10-2006, 09:57
good to know Dries mate.

Hope to see you on there soon for some battles. I wish I could work out what was wrong with your settings but I'm afraid it just isn't my expertise.

Shaka_Khan
07-10-2006, 13:07
I'm here.
Please give a hoot if you're here too.

Drisos
07-10-2006, 15:37
I hope so too... am in touch with R'as about it. There is a few thins on the ''try this'-list'.. however if they do not work I'll be afraid it will take more then a year before I will finally can make it back again..:dizzy2:

try to catch some others for battle meanwhile ~;) I've been playing some stw so will be less rusty then you ~;p

R'as al Ghul
07-10-2006, 16:06
Konnichiwa,

yes the server's still up and running 24/7.
Connecting with a router works in general. But some people have reported connection issues when using a router and XP.
Among them Drisos but also experienced/ IT-professional people like TosaInu.
I, myself have zero problems with connecting. Running XP.

Try to abort the login process by clicking the back button and try again immediately.

It may be, that I've run some other network programs on that machine at that time, which may have caused a lag in the router software.

Have Fun

Trajanus
07-11-2006, 06:22
Thanks R'as. I look forward to enjoying your fakeserver hospitality, and cutting off a few heads.

And thanks Dries for the info.

Shaka_Khan
07-11-2006, 12:02
Thanks R'as al Ghul.

Cha
07-12-2006, 12:07
I can't get into the server.

Here are my settings. Is anything wrong?:

ChatserverIPAddress = shogun-fakeserver.dnsdojo.org
ChatserverPort = 8793
NewsserverIPAddress = daphne.eagames.co.uk
NewsserverPort = 8797
ShogunTotalWarWebsite = www.totalwar.com

:sweatdrop:

R'as al Ghul
07-12-2006, 12:09
Hello Cha,

your settings look correct.
Depending on when you've tried, it may have been an error on my site.
The machine crashed repeatedly yesterday. It's fixed now, though.

R'as al Ghul
07-15-2006, 15:19
Hello,

I ran some tests with barocca today and it turned out
that my server/router settings were not correct.
I made a stupid mistake. :wall:
This means that all log-in tries of the last week were doomed to fail.
I'm sure what the reason was and I'm also sure that it only affected
the last week.

I'm really sorry. I urge everybody to try again.
The problem is fixed and Tomi and barocca were able to log in and we had a little chat.

Trajanus
07-16-2006, 08:14
Good news. Thanks for persevering R'as. and thanks to Barocca for helping.

Shogun lives on!

R'as al Ghul
07-17-2006, 08:59
While running tests with barocca on Sunday noon (between 11:00 and 14:00 GMT +2 at my place) there was somebody else trying to connect to the fakeserver.
While monitoring barocca's log in attempts, I could also see the other guy.
Obviously it didn't work out for him but the fakeserver program already "saw" him.
What he would've needed to do was to keep trying. barocca needed 40 attempts at one point. We had it all, from 1 attempt to 40. :dizzy2:

It seems there's not much I can do about it on my side.

barocca
07-17-2006, 14:16
i have just logged in and out twice
it took me 5 atempts with Warlords Edition and 15 attempts with Gold Edition
(yes i have patched Gold to access the server - have NOT managed to get Gold into a game yet - working on that one)

we think the difficulties are because the server was designed to run on windows 98 and XP may handle things a little differently,
we are working on that issue as well.

B.

Shin-GaiJin
07-17-2006, 18:59
Ive never had problems connecting to R'as or Shambles server, I do the old logging on trick though(hit retuurn key at precise moment I click connect).Im on XP and have used both a dsl modem and router to connect.Ill try to connect again later and post my experiences although I anticipate no probs!:2thumbsup:

Drisos
07-19-2006, 09:48
I'll try to get a fat32 partition today.. install shogun on it and try again.:juggle2:

Shin-GaiJin
07-21-2006, 10:54
As expected first time logon....sweet!!!!!

R'as al Ghul
07-25-2006, 20:20
Konnichiwa.

The server was down today due to a power loss.
I wasn't home, so I've no idea how long it was down.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

R'as