Mediæval Auctoriso
A Call to Arms

Update #1:
http://s15.invisionfree.com/Byzantium_TW/index.php?showtopic=189

Update #2:
http://s15.invisionfree.com/Byzantium_TW/index.php?showtopic=271

Forums:
http://s15.invisionfree.com/Byzantium_TW/index.php?showforum=13

Where Rome : Total War had Europa Barbarorum, Medieval : Total War II shall have Mediæval Auctoriso, with the same aim as the Europa Barbarorum project.

Before I start, let it be said that this is in no way a slur or attack on the work of Creative Assembly. I respect all of them and their work that is of coarse on going. They however must sacrifice some historical aspects for the sake of game play. This is understandable but as EB has proved, historical accuracy can indeed be part and parcel of the package and be extremely enjoyable and educational in the least, I know myself became far more interested in history than I was when I bought Shogun.

BI had its Graal Knights, whilst fun for novelty value for a brief period was over all not appreciated by those who sought a more historically accurate gaming experience. EB created such a conversion for the original Rome and is a testament to a combined effort to create a historically accurate game, it also has succeeded in doing so without draining the fun away, in fact in many ways it added new elements of fun to the game.

Mediæval Auctoriso aims to create the same experience for the upcoming Total War release. In essence, to create a historically accurate environment whilst enhancing the game play itself, to remain accessible to the less experienced whilst increasing the difficult for the more advanced players, more over making sure the AI provides a decent challenge to all levels of gamers, whilst allowing the lesser experienced to learn new tactics to ward off their foes.

Of coarse, with Medieval II still some months away the project will, for now, be based on idea’s and research, along with going with what we hear from Creative Assembly along the way. This will be a long term project and as such requires a dedicated team who are willing to put time and effort into extensive research prior to the games release and such requires the following individuals :

Researchers
This job would require the individual to concentrate on a particular area of research set by the team leader (Nagatsuka Shumi) and other members of the group. Their area’s of research would range from what countries owned what, what troops fought for who and so on. Basically it is broad, nobody would be stuck doing the same thing all the time, ideally we could set somebody an entire country to research which means they could research all sorts from troops, buildings, borders of the realm and so on.

Graphics Artists
Historical accuracy will also need to be portrayed in the look of units, building and so on. Skinners and general menu artists are required, though the majority of their time now would be helping in research, making preliminary sketches and working with those researching area’s specific to the visual atmosphere we hope to portray. Modding projects such as this live and die for those with graphical talents, and as such would be important to get on board early.

These people are paramount. If you would like to help please reply here or drop me (or preferably Nagatsuka Shumi) a line via PM. Projects on this scale require a team, I have discovered this in the past as some of you from a fair while back will know.

The Team
The team so far is as follows (expect this to be updated until an official thread is made) :

Team Leader - NagatsukaShumi (aka Sam)
Modeller/Skinner/Researcher - Shifty157
Modeller/Skinner/Researcher - Woad Warrior
Mapper/Researcher - Anti_Strunt
Scripter/Researcher - Alpaca
Researcher - Almogaver
Researcher - IrishArmenian
Researcher - Cunobelinus

I advise those who wish join to either have MSN or gain access to it as discussions will be important now with research and when modding takes place. Hopefully we can gain our own sub forum here later on if we drum up enough support and we can always set up our own for discussion away from MSN and so on.

PS - I am aware an MTR exists, I say good luck to them too, the community benefited from both EB and RTR, hopefully this will be the same :2thumbsup:

The Spartan (Returns)
07-11-2006, 23:16
good luck! hope you guys succeed!

shifty157
07-12-2006, 00:07
Good job Woad in getting here and making a post. I would suggest that you redirect the links for the updates to the updates on our own forums and not the ones from the previous thread.

Some other changes. Anti_Strunt is also our mapper. Don't forget Alpaca either. Officially I think hes our scripter though he can do most jobs.

Also I want to rewrite our aims/goals thing to better represent our mod. Theres nothing wrong with NS's writeup except that it was written several months ago when he first announced the mod. The mod has evolved since then.

NagatsukaShumi
07-12-2006, 15:38
Nice to see a new forum set up for this sort of thing, keep our threads in good order now :2thumbsup:

Feel free to use my signature banner at the top of the re-drafted first post WW.

Ultras DVSC
07-12-2006, 20:16
Agree, it seems that things are shaping well! ~:cool:

I get home on the weekend, then I'm gonna have a go at the work too, till then don't give up! :2thumbsup:

Kopfschuss

cunobelinus
07-13-2006, 22:12
by the way my name is cunobelinus not how u spelt it sorry for being picky .Also i thought i was involved in the photoshop work for this project .

IrishArmenian
07-14-2006, 01:15
Still waiting for the access. Are their any other Moderators that can give me access to the MA develomental forums?

Ignoramus
07-14-2006, 03:59
I apologize for the delay in my idea of a feudal system. I will send it to you soon.

shifty157
07-14-2006, 04:14
I apologize for the delay in my idea of a feudal system. I will send it to you soon.
Its quite alright. Take your time. It was just curiosity on my part.

Still waiting for the access. Are their any other Moderators that can give me access to the MA develomental forums?
Yeah. Ill PM you on our official forums. Sorry about that but unknown to me it seems that edyz had left those forums.

cunobelinus
07-14-2006, 20:56
Am i just ganna be ignored then while you carry on talking

shifty157
07-14-2006, 21:35
Am i just ganna be ignored then while you carry on talking

Are you refering to your previous post? I cant edit Woad Warrior's post for him. Id suggest saying something in our developer forums and try getting involved a bit.

Woad Warrior
07-16-2006, 21:10
Sorry about that Cunobelinus, I rarely visit the Guild now. What sort of Photoshop work is it you do - skinning units, faction icons?

Also, I'll sort those links Shifty.

R4P
07-17-2006, 11:15
We haven't looked at the what units Flanders will have yet but im sure if they are as unique as you say they are then theyll get their own regional unit and/or mercenary.

Some sort of peasant unit perhaps, armed with this:
http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~blanch/CharlesDW/images/goedendag.gif

But why are you using ‘Flandre & Gand’ as the province name instead of ‘Vlaanderen & Gent’? Politically Flanders might have been under French domination, but the main language remained Flemish. And definitely after 1302,when the French were kicked out of Flanders.

aleh
07-17-2006, 17:28
Um, I'd like to help, mainly as a researcher(cause I pretty much can't do anything else...unless someone wants to tutor? I learn quick :D) Is there a more formal way to volunteer?

Ignoramus
07-18-2006, 08:50
I'd like to be a researcher if I can as well.

King Henry V
08-29-2006, 16:31
byzantineklibanophori from TWC has sent me. I should like to join as a researcher, and my strongpoints are the 12th and 14th centuries (mainly England and France, though my knowledge does extend to HRE, Outremer, Orders of Knighthood, Norman Kingdom of Sicily and the Byzantines). I also have some knowledge of the medieval economy and scientific developments during that period.

kataphraktoi
08-29-2006, 17:13
byzantineklibanophori from TWC has sent me. I should like to join as a researcher, and my strongpoints are the 12th and 14th centuries (mainly England and France, though my knowledge does extend to HRE, Outremer, Orders of Knighthood, Norman Kingdom of Sicily and the Byzantines). I also have some knowledge of the medieval economy and scientific developments during that period.

Wrong team :laugh4:

I'm Byzantine Klibanophori from TWC , the thread you're looking for is "Medieval:Total Realism:Age of Ambition". :2thumbsup:

King Henry V
08-29-2006, 17:22
Oh well never mind. I'd still like to join this team anyway.

Ultras DVSC
08-29-2006, 20:30
Wrong team

Hey, what sly! :laugh4: Grabbing even our potential power equipments, Kataphraktoi it was more than enough! ~:)

Henry, if you'd really like to join to MA, please make a similar small introduction in our developer forum (http://s15.invisionfree.com/Byzantium_TW/index.php?showforum=13). Do you have maybe any technical skills (scripting, modelling, skinning, photoshop, etc.)?

kataphraktoi
08-30-2006, 02:23
Oh well never mind. I'd still like to join this team anyway.

lol, no probs then :laugh4:

Hey, what sly! Grabbing even our potential power equipments, Kataphraktoi it was more than enough!

For your information, I bought your power equipment from an insider :2thumbsup: hehehe...what power equipment la di da la di da :laugh4: :laugh4:

King Henry V
08-30-2006, 16:11
please delete

shifty157
09-04-2006, 19:54
Keep your eyes open guys. We've got our latest update coming at you very very soon.

EstimatedProphet
11-24-2006, 05:44
I'd like to help with research, if you need.