PDA

View Full Version : Peoples mod

kburkert
07-12-2006, 16:06
Would anyone be interested in making a mod with me. This mod will be done on the request of the M2TW community. I have decided to do this as many mods fall because they have a lack of;

-modders
-fans

This will hopefully defeat these problems. The more mods that are created with more support and members will be more lickly to survive.

So if anyone is interested in helping me please PM or reply here. If you have an idea reply here. We will listen to evryones views and not just team modders views.

Korhal
09-07-2006, 10:04
How about a Renaisance mod? I have many ideas and am intending for it to be from about 1500 ad to 1800 ad.

Starting possibly with the Religious Reformation of Martin Luther in 1517 until Napoleons election as first consul in 1799. Im working on listing all the battles and wars between these times and am open to suggestions. Please either reply or pm me. Thanks

Korhal

Arbaces
09-07-2006, 19:48
I pretty much like the timeline. If I'm not mistaking it features American revolution too. Definately support this idea both as a modder and fan.

M.A.

Korhal
09-07-2006, 22:58
Hey Arbaces, thanks for the support! Would you like to start this mod with me? Yes it does include the american revolution and if there are events such as those in RTW, we can definately include it as a major feature! Hopefully we can set up a trigger for the colonies that makes them rebel if not managed properly/if british take over/ or else at a specific time date. Please get back to me on this :)

Cheers
Korhal

professorspatula
09-08-2006, 00:16
I would like a mod where you have to kill chickens that refuse to lay eggs in a timely manner when you go to collect them in the morning. Rebellious chickens are no use to an empire with an army needing it's protein and essential vitamins A,B, D and E, as well as many other nutrients.

There will no doubt be dozens of other mods announced and worked on when MTW2 comes, but most of them will be totally unoriginal or abandoned when people realise their idea is crap, or are already being done better by someone else. A mod focusing on keeping Poultry in order is a totally original concept and is guaranteed to keep the interest of MTW2 players perked throughout it's development, whereas MTW2: Ultra-Realism Holy Religious Civil War Mod will just send the punters asleep. My head is already going into an involuntary nodding spasm as I struggle to stay awake just by thinking of those kind of other mods.

M2TW: The Poultry Rebellion is a great idea for the 'People's Mod'. In addition, to get a feel for the mod, half those developing the mod should wear chicken outfits, the other half disgruntled medieval chicken farmer clothes, and the 'farmers' can belabour the 'chickens' about the head with sticks until 'eggs' are laid. For fairness, the roles are reversed every week. This will give the modders a greater affinity for the characters and units in the mod, and the kind of strife and challenges that the player will face in the epic campaign!

I'm quite excited about this already. So excited, I could almost lay an egg myself, were it not biologically impossible.

Think about it.

cannon_fodder
09-08-2006, 08:01
I like the idea of a mod dealing with Eurpoean conquest of the Americas, then (hundreds of years later) the territories rebelling and claiming independence. A problem is that it would have to start in the early 16th century and end some time in the late 19th, perhaps a too significant streach of time for a TW game.

Korhal
09-08-2006, 21:05
Yes it may take some time for that to happen, but perhaps we could lengthen the number of turns by playing each seasons rather than half year as in rtw. If its per half year it will still give us a good 200 turns if we go from about 1660 till 1760. Though that would only give us 78 turns with the United States of America faction. We'll have to think about that. Perhaps we could introduce an expansion that would recover about 40 years of the current mod idea then go on to finish after the American Civil War? I'm not sure as of yet :)

Thanks for the ideas
Korhal

Korhal
09-11-2006, 01:11
any more opinions or people willing?