PDA

View Full Version : Playing after alexander dies

kburkert
07-18-2006, 15:09
I will explain how to edit the relevent files so that you can play the ATW campaign after alexander is dead.

Firstly

Go to C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\alexander\data\world\maps\campaign\Alexander\d escr_win_conditions.txt

Secondly

Find

macedon
alexander Macedon Lydia Cappadocia Syria Lybia Egypt Babylonia Media Dahae Bactria
survivor Alexander
take_regions 30
script world/maps/campaign/alexander/Alexander_Campaign_Outro_Script.txt

Thirdly

Delete the highlighted

macedon
alexander Macedon Lydia Cappadocia Syria Lybia Egypt Babylonia Media Dahae Bactria
survivor Alexander
take_regions 30
script world/maps/campaign/alexander/Alexander_Campaign_Outro_Script.txt

Now play the game!

But if you dont have an heir and alexander dies then the game will end. To stop this from happing adopt an heir when possible, this normally happens on the second turn.

Spartan198
02-22-2008, 16:33
No offense,but doing this doesn't really make sense. The campaign goal is 30 provinces,but there are only,like,32 conquerable provinces on the entire map.

Don't misunderstand,I'm not trying to dis you or anything,I'm only kinda vexed over this one.

Roman_Man#3
02-22-2008, 22:01
In vanilla Alexander, the game would end if Alexander dies. This little trick does nothing to the win conditions except let you play even after Alexander dies. The fact that you need 30 provinces is irrelevant to this tutorial.

Spartan198
02-23-2008, 13:13
Oh,okay. :idea2: I understand now. As in,"play on if you fall behind and don't conquer enough provinces within the 100 turns",right? That does make sense.

I apologized if I sounded like I was downsizing you. I'm sorry. :shame:

I've played the Alexander campaign through three or four times and I've never fallen behind in momentum,so that didn't dawn on me until now.

Again,I'm really,really sorry if I sounded condescending. :shame: