PDA

View Full Version : My DVD Drive

Nikpalj
07-22-2006, 10:44
A friend has burned a few movies on a few DVDs in AVI format. Out of convenience I tried to copy these to my hard drive. The DVD drive couldnt read them normally, then I had an error message: data error, cyclic redundancy chek.

What does that mean?!

The drive is an Asus DVD/rom E616 using Microsofts all purpose CD drivers that come with WinXP. Ive noticed it generallz reads DVDs poorly, and yet Ive bought it only half a year ago. Is this because of the driver not being made by Asus?

Thanks, people...

orangat
07-22-2006, 16:55
No. Asus or any other manufacturer doesn't have or need a driver for normal atapi drives. You just have a bad drive or cd's.

LeftEyeNine
07-23-2006, 01:28
Create a DVD-size empty space on your hard drive next time you try burning a DVD. This error is definitely caused to due bad burning. Primarily, caching and secondarily, writing speed is closely related to the success rate of a burning process.

The closer empty space you have on your HDD to your media to be burnt, the higher success rate; the slower you burn it, the higher success rate.

Beirut
07-23-2006, 03:39
A friend has burned a few movies on a few DVDs in AVI format. Out of convenience I tried to copy these to my hard drive. The DVD drive couldnt read them normally, then I had an error message: data error, cyclic redundancy chek.

What does that mean?!

It means you can't discuss it here.

Burning and copying copyright material is not open to discussion here.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/horsesass/axe1.jpg
Closed.

LeftEyeNine
07-23-2006, 20:20
Oh well I apologize to be contributing into copyright infringements, I really did not notice what the first line was saying exactly.

:shame: