PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Windows Live Messenger

edyzmedieval
08-03-2006, 22:55
I just opened my Windows Live Messenger, and I found that it didn't work properly. I restarted it, and I what I observed shocked me and got me angry completely. :furious3:

My whole list was a HUGE mess. Complete mess up. Most of my contacts are in my Non-Messenger list...

Help please?:skull:

caravel
08-04-2006, 10:57
Go to the control panel and add/remove programs. Select "Windows Live Messenger", select uninstall. Drink a few beers and take it easy. :2thumbsup:

No seriously, if you can do without it and it's overweight bug ridden memory hungry toys, all based on *gasp* the IE engine, get rid of it. Installing a free alternative such as gaim (http://gaim.sourceforge.net/win32/index.php) is your best bet.

sapi
08-05-2006, 09:20
Gaim's fine as long as you don't like losing everything about messenger :P

I've never had any problems with live (though it is a resource hog :) ) so i'd just put your contacts back in and stick with it...

If you haven't already done so, you might want to run apatch and messenger + live....

Mikeus Caesar
08-05-2006, 13:16
I for one will be reverting back to an older version of MSN Messenger. This version is slow, unreliable, and when it starts up my PC is frozen for about thirty seconds, which is rather concerning.