PDA

View Full Version : America:Total War

Decius Curtius
08-05-2006, 00:29
Hi everybody!

Im Decius Curtius and I am trying to start a new mod:
America:Total war, It is about the Spanish invation to America.But i am only in this and i am finding people who wants work with me.

Decius Curtius

The Spartan (Returns)
08-05-2006, 01:37
welcome new Orgah! good luck with your mod!

Pantsalot
08-05-2006, 21:47
so is this gonna only include the spanish
invasion, or is it as well gonna include the
British & French invasion? :dizzy2:

Caius
08-05-2006, 22:21
Im again.
I am Caius Flaminius, and Decius Curtius.I create this acount because im having problem with the other account.
Well, i am thinking the British and French invasion too be include in this mod.
The only problem, is I´m newbie on this and i needing help to make this.

Caius Flaminius

GiantMonkeyMan
08-07-2006, 11:01
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=35969
that thread will give the basic idea on starting a mod...

however, since you are new to RTW modding i believe that you should take your time learning the basics in text editing via the tutorials in the scriptorium and maybe download GIMP (a free but very useful picture editing program) and learn how to edit things like unit skins etc
'america: total war' seems like a big step for a person just starting out modding so just take your time learning the basics of modding before trying anything big, when you feel confident enough to take that huge step in creating a full modification then try grabbing the public's attention :thumbsup:

good luck,
GMM

Caius
08-07-2006, 19:28
Yes, you are right.
I am too newbie in this, I dont know NOTHING about modding, so I am thinking in not doing America:total War for now.
Can a kid of 15 years make a big game?No, I dont believe it

GiantMonkeyMan
08-07-2006, 19:34
well if you begin to understand modding now then you will have more experience of modding for when M2:TW comes out... this will allow you to maybe help out with a new mod for M2:TW or perhaps start your own mod if you are confident enough, start small and then work your way up :2thumbsup:

GMM

Myrddraal
08-09-2006, 23:53
Can a kid of 15 years make a big game?No, I dont believe it

Maybe not in a day.

Don't be disheartened by the enormity of a mod. Start small, edit some unit stats, put yourself as a general in the game etc. Then have a look at some of the tutorials in the tutorial database on making a campaign map (I think campaign map editing is a good starting point for modding, probably because I started that way for both MTW and RTW.

If you dream of making your own computer game, don't expect it to pop out of thin air on your command, but don't think of it as impossible.

Caius
08-12-2006, 15:34
The project is very big for me.
"From small beginning are great victories crafted"

Marius Dynamite
08-20-2006, 01:14
hey Caius,

I am in the same position. I am new to modding but learning a lot fast thanks to the excellent forum. So far I have managed to give 'London' to the Numidians (I was practicing, couldn't think of a city name) and that went pretty well although I placed it on a river. It looked like Modern cities since it was on the river but it crashed whenever i siege it on battlefield. I got a cool glympse of it when I fought outside it though.

Anyway maybe we will be releasing Mods at the same time someday.

methoz
09-01-2006, 13:27
now is this mod death?

Caius
09-09-2006, 20:58
Yes, because I dont know anything of modding.For why the question?