PDA

View Full Version : WotS Punishments – Final Judgement for Publius

Braden
08-12-2006, 22:05
I, Decius Curtius, Praetor for the hearing against Senator Publius Laevinus, hereby pass to the Senate of the Republic of Rome the following recommendations for punishement.

#1 - Exile: Senator Publius Laevinus is to be stripped of military rank and exiled to Jenuensis for a period of no less than 5 years.

#2 - Banishment: Senator Publius Laevinus is to be stripped of military rank and exiled to Jenuensis for the remainder of his natural life.

#3 - Pilgrimage: Senator Publius Laevinus is to be stripped of all rank and duties and engage on a journey to visit all the Academes in Italy and Greece. He must remain two seasons in each settlement so that he may be TAUGHT the error of abandonment of command.

#4 - Censure: Senator Publius Laevinus is to be stripped of all rank and duties and will no longer hold any vote on the Senate.

#5 - Atonement: Senator Publius Laevinus is to be granted a number of Cohorts, equal to one-half of a Legion. This demi-Legion is to be used exclusively by the Consul as a front line legion. It is suggested that this be used for “terror” raiding against the Gauls.

Mount Suribachi
08-13-2006, 09:46
I would normally vote for Banishment in such a circumstance. However, in light of the guilty party's previous exemplary service to the Republic, I urge mercy, and as such vote for exile.

Death the destroyer of worlds
08-13-2006, 14:04
I only regret that we can not execute his traitor, and so I voted for Banishment AND Censure.

Lucjan
08-15-2006, 13:26
It is unclear to me why so many would care to banish this man to Jenuensis and have him run the town even further into the ground out of spite for his punishment...I have voted solely for censure. Perhaps if you wish to truly banish him, send him to the hills of Sardinia and have his personal retinue construct a fort, where he will live out the rest of his days without further troubling the empire in any way.

Braden
08-15-2006, 13:34
Senator,

I was advised that Jenuensis was our most underdeveloped settlement. Publius has not been judged as completely inept as Manius has but rather his priorities are in serious question.

I believed Publius is still an asset to the Republic but should still be punished, he is also in the twilight of his years and some may feel that he should have a small chance to prove his loyalty and effectivness to the Republic.

I felt there was no better way than to present him with a settlement where "incompetance" would have little effect but where "competance" will be demonstrated well.

08-15-2006, 14:18
As consul I can confirm that Jenuensis is in most dire need of a capable governor , as we need to construct a paved road across the Alps. I too would have liked to see him banished farther away, but I hear the marshes around Jenuensis provide a most unhealthy climate, so I am willing to let the matter rest.

Lucjan
08-15-2006, 22:54
If you are certain that he won't intentionally botch the settlement any further than it already is, then I could support the idea.

econ21
08-17-2006, 10:56
I think Braden should make a ruling on the punishment some time in the next four days, while the Senate session is going on.

Braden
08-17-2006, 11:33
Voting on this list finishes tonight. I will announce my final decision before the end of this current Senate session so that the Consuls can act upon it.

However, it appears evident on what course those judgements will take.

I will be adding in my recommendations for Manius as well.

Dooz
08-17-2006, 11:45
{Galerius Vatinius}

I have to say, I am outraged. Manius Aemilius, even after everything we witnessed during the trials, has been assigned by our acting Consul as Legate of a Roman legion! This must be remedied lest our Republic become the laughing stock of our rivals.

08-17-2006, 11:52
Manius Aemilius has never been formally accused of any crime and has only been called upon by this court as a witness.
Futhermore, in the course of this trial he has shown to be a courageous warrior, altough definitaly not the most brilliant one.
Considering this, I can hardly refuse him a military position. His position is only temporary however, untill another tribune becomes available to take over command of this legion. He will then serve as a tribune under his command.
We have a severe shortage of patricians ! Romans, do your duty with your wives !

Dooz
08-17-2006, 11:55
{Galerius Vatinius}

...Or with other men's wives, as did Manius... Foolish... absolutely foolish.

Braden
08-17-2006, 12:46
Manius Aemilius's personal bravery has been shown by testimony but also has his level of sanity.

You are aware of what my recommendations will be for him but as long as he is serving in, rather than leading a Legion, he can only do good for the republic as keeping him in the field not only enables him to use those talents he still posesses but also prevents him from pro-creating and extending his damaged humus beyond his own lifetime.

08-17-2006, 12:56
OCC : He actually has a negative administration skill. He can still serve as free cavalry. Who know, perhaps he will become a capable commander one day ?

Braden
08-17-2006, 13:09
OOC: Well, I will give the Consul(s) options that will play to his best talents or avoid his poor talents.

Watch the forum.