PDA

View Full Version : What faction for a 0.8 EB PBM?

econ21
08-17-2006, 11:50
There's been some interest in an EB PBM, see:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=67975

I think it would be better to wait for 0.8, as the current version has too many CTDs on my rig (the reinforcement bug) and could cause frustration for some players. Plus 0.8 will use the 1.5 RTW engine and have a lot of new EB content.

However, we could start to prepare the groundwork for a PBM and might start with choosing a faction. If there are lots of potential players, I am sure EB could support several PBMs with different factions. But it is a good idea to have a core of 6+ committed players before embarking on a PBM.

I am making the vote public, so we can identify possible players. I'm also allowing multiple votes as there is a lot to choose from. But maybe it's best restrict yourself to the number of possible simultaneous PBMs you could commit to (say 3 or less).

Dooz
08-17-2006, 11:59
Dream do come true afterall! econ, and any other potential players, how would you feel about giving the initial release of 0.8 a little while to see about any bugs or anything that may have been introduced and the inevitable patches and hotfixes that will follow shortly. I'd hate to start a game then have a save-game incompatible patch come out that's necessary to be able to play without problems.

Justiciar
08-17-2006, 15:06
Got to say, I like the idea of a Saka-Rauka PBEM. Arche Seleukia is also perfect for it.

Mount Suribachi
08-17-2006, 16:33
Count me out, TWOS is the focus of all my RTW energies right now, but it seems like you've got plenty of EB fans to get this going anyway ~:)

soibean
08-17-2006, 17:25
I would love a carthaginian campaign, or any of the greek civs. Also I wouldn't mind having the Getai dominate the known world.

Avicenna
08-18-2006, 02:36
The Arverni god-king would make the writeups quite interesting.

Personally, I think that Carthage is a big no-no, because fighting the Ptolemaics over African dominance would be a major pain in the rear side, and Braden has just done a Carthaginian PBM not so long ago.

A minor faction would be more interesting, such as Pontos and eventually evolving into a threat to the rest of the world like Mithridates' Pontos was to the Romans.

Justiciar
08-18-2006, 03:04
So long as it isn't SPQR, I'm good. Seems the Romans have been done to death in these PBEM things. :no:

GiantMonkeyMan
08-23-2006, 20:32
i hope it isn't saka rauka... i don't want a load of horse archer battles :inquisitive:

i think that a greek faction would be great (HINT HINT) maybe seluekia because they are already big and have a lot of characters to take control of but all in all i will just be happy to play 0.8 and my first PBEM with other orgahs

Ludens
08-23-2006, 21:37
A minor faction would be more interesting, such as Pontos and eventually evolving into a threat to the rest of the world like Mithridates' Pontos was to the Romans.
I agree, though Pontos may be a bit too though and unfinished. How about the Koinion Hellenion? They start in a tricky but not insurmountable position, and once they've established themselves in Greece they have to face the Roman juggernaut (and if they are unlucky the Seleucid powerhouse as well). This should ensure a though and exciting campaign. The Hellenic Union has the further advantage that they are a fleshed-out faction, but with a rather unbalanced unit-roster focussing mainly on heavy-infantry. This should keep the battles somewhat challenging.

The Celtic Viking
08-23-2006, 22:45
Well, I can't vote officially, but if it's possible I'll go around it and vote for Sweboz.

i hope it isn't saka rauka... i don't want a load of horse archer battles :inquisitive:

I must agree here. I would most like to play either Sweboz, Arverni or Aedui, but as long as it's no faction I'd have to rely on or fight those buggars, I'm happy. Mounted archers just ain't funny. :no:

Rodion Romanovich
08-29-2006, 11:26
I'd be interested in playing either of:
Arverni (Gaul)
Audei (Gaul)
Casse (Briton)
Getae (Dacia)
Iberia (Spain)
Karthadastim (Carthage)

but if none of these factions win I'm not quite sure I would like to play in the PBEM

Rilder
08-29-2006, 15:48
I'd be totaly in it for any of them... as it seems carthage is in the lead which would be alot different from my typicale factions =)

The Spartan (Returns)
09-02-2006, 21:20
Aedui would be interesting.