PDA

View Full Version : PMTW 1.5 MP - rules and contacts

cegorach
08-21-2006, 13:19
This thread will be use to define all the rules for MP clashes and helping those who want to play the battles when the patch is released. PLease post as little as possible - your MSN, ICQ, Gadu-gadu, Skype etc contacts and similar.:2thumbsup:

cegorach
08-21-2006, 13:21
ARMY COMPOSITION RULES IN MP FOR patched PMTW 1.5

The main problem encountered in MP battles was the huge choice of units resulting in unacceptable composition of armies consisting sometimes of only foreign units even from a different cornel of the map e.g. Moroccan Cimaroons in Brandenburgian forces + the conflict between mid-XVIIth and late XVIIth century troops which are almost entire era away.

For this reason I designed system restricting the choice somehow and making it much better balanced and realistic.

How does it works ?

First - the choice of units available to an army has been completely revised - now sometimes you have to fight with army which has only 5-6 units to choose from and all of these are realistic choices now.

Second - certain marks have been added in MP pack so now you will know how many units of certain types you can field and when it can happen.

Here is the list of the marks - these are almost only letters.

markings

I

II

III

I+

Are to restrict the number of certain soldiers on the field.
The marks show the MAXIMUM number of certain soldiers on the battlefield in a 16 unit army.

In addition I+ marks that a certain unit MUST be taken - only few units are marked this way.

letters:

L

E

L/E

L/-

Make a difference between Early units of Religious Turmoil and Sun King's Ambition and Late choices.

The letters might be combined to show when certain troopers fought in Religius Turmoil and WHEN they appeared during Sun King's Ambition so L/E means that the unit is available in late Religius Turmoil and early Sun King's Ambition and L/- shows that these soldiers appeared in late
Religius Turmoi and are available in the whole Sun King's Ambition campaign.

This means that when meeting for a battle you first HAVE to tell your friends that you are playing in early/late Religious Turmoil/Sun King's Ambition otherwise you might find someone with one 'level' better army than yours.

As you noticed the letters have NO meaning when fighting during Age of Exploration.

Also if there is NO L or E you have the right to use the unit without above restrictions.

Letters GR are to mark GRAGN army invading Ethiopia in mid-XVIth century. Their unit appear in Egyptian roster, but it should b treated as a SEPARATE army.

Finally when a unit has '<>' with its name it means it is allowed to use WEDGE formation.

I hope the rules are easy to understand. I believe the system should make the game much more interesting in MP.

Remember that you have always the choice to 'forget' all the restrictions and play whatever your amount of Florins allowes you, but don't forget to tell your opponents that you do !

Regards Cegorach:2thumbsup:

cegorach
08-21-2006, 13:24
My MSN contact address - cegorach@wp.pl feel free to add me to your contact list.:balloon2:

I am generally awailable in the evenings of central european timezone - which is still daytime in eastern and western coast of Northern America.:book:

savage_rabbit
08-23-2006, 00:12
My MSN contact information is duckmoose@bellsouth.net .

The_Doctor
08-29-2006, 20:31
My email address is smeg987@hotmail.com

Eurytus
10-22-2006, 10:27
MY e-mail address is EGmaas@hotmail.com

King Gustav Adolph II
12-05-2006, 04:17
My MSN address is lga_4th_oxenstierna@hotmail.com

I intend to scrap my NTW1 and get PMTW....so look out...the Swedes are coming.:viking:

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
10-23-2007, 19:17
Warman456@hotmail.com

is my MSN

Go Swiss :yes: