PDA

View Full Version : Julii PBM - out of character thread

Caius
08-22-2006, 01:16
Anyone interested in a Imperial Campaign of RTW?
Feel free to contact me to talk about this

========================================================================
EDIT by Econ21: so, we talked and came up with this:

The Ascent of the Julii

Settings: RTW 1.5, Julii faction, VH campaign, M battles; large unit size
Bandit & pirate spawn rate=100[1].

Player duties
Each player plays for max of 20 turns. They should take screenshots and write after action reports in a separate write-ups thread.

When their turn comes, players should post that they have picked up the savegame within 2 days. They have a max of 7 days to complete their turn. Failure to do this will lead to the next player taking the reign.

Victory conditions
The aim of the game is the usual 50 provinces + Rome victory condition.
However, players should adopt a hands-off attitude to traditional Brutii and Scipii areas of interest. Focus on Gaul, Iberia and Briton first. Leave Carthage, Greece and Macedon alone until the previously mentioned 3 factions are gone (of course, you can follow a Senate mission against them).

Houserules:
(a) max of one unit retraining per city per turn
(b) no recruitment of peasants for garrison

Play order:
Caius Flaminius
Zimfan
UltraWar
Severous
GeneralHankerchief
econ21

econ21
08-22-2006, 01:22
Welcome, Caius! It's good to see that junior members apparently can start new threads in here - as I suggested to you in the Entrance Hall.

I recommend you suggest a few factions you'd be particularly interested in, to try to attract people's interest. Have a look at the list of completed campaigns - you'll see we haven't done very well.

Also think about how you'll run the game - what difficulty level? how long will each player play for? will you set any characterful objectives? do you want to set any special houserules? is the emphasis on role-playing, story-telling etc?

Zimfan
08-22-2006, 01:25
I'd definately be interested. :charge:

Caius
08-22-2006, 17:32
Thank you for let me post here!
I was thinking in factions, such as Carthage or The house of Julii.

econ21
08-22-2006, 17:57
We've just done Carthage - Julii might be good (it was the first faction I ever played).

Caius
08-22-2006, 20:53
We've just done Carthage - Julii might be good (it was the first faction I ever played).
I dont like play the senate rules, but if i can destroy them okay, lets go

I'd definately be interested. :charge:
Good!

econ21
08-22-2006, 21:50
OK, if you are settling on Julii as a faction, I would be interested. We now have 3 players. That's a good start. We might be able to attract one or two more if we clarify some of questions I raised in post #2 above.

(1) what difficulty level?
Personally, I think VH campaign to create a challenge. The Julii does not face very powerful enemies (Gauls). The battles, I would rather avoid VH difficulty - raising the AI attack unbalances tactics a lot. I would say H or M. What do you think?

(2) how long will each player play for?
Experience suggests 20 turns each is best. You can always recycle players later on for a second go. More turns than 20 may burn out players.

(3) will you set any characterful objectives?
Knocking out Gaul & Iberia, plus invading Britain would be appropriate. Maybe a house rule not to step into Scipii and Brutii's backyard - ie leave Carthage and Greece/Macedon alone. That would allow the other Romans to be powerful leading to an exciting civil war.

(4) do you want to set any special houserules?
The ones I like best are:
(a) no extermination
(b) no retraining land units below full strength
(c) each ship can only carry one unit
(d) historical army composition - for Romans, this might be max 2 cav and 2 archers per stack; plus aiming for 1:1:1 mix of velites, hastati and principes before the reforms. Post reform may be a 1:1 mix of legionnaires and auxiliary, maybe with one ballista if desired.
(e) optional - fighting with half stacks. It could be fun to fight full stack barbarians with a small disciplined legion. If you do this, cut the cav and archers to one per stack.

(5) Is the emphasis on role-playing, story-telling etc?
Is it important that players to take screenshots and write characterful after action reports? Or that optional, with just playing the game the key thing?
Should players use generals according to their traits (e.g. cowards shun battle etc).

PS: Congratulations on becoming a full member!

Caius
08-22-2006, 22:11
I never do it, i never in my life tried to do a PBEM
I dont know when, but I am member now!
I never played in hard, i always do in medium
If you say, 20 turns per player
NEVER EXTERMINATE!I dont like it, always slave population or ocuppate if there are 1000 peasant or less.
Composite a historical army,yes
and
Yes, it is very important to make enphasis on role-playing and story telling

econ21
08-22-2006, 22:27
OK, sounds like we agree on a lot of stuff.

If you normally play on medium, I suggest we set the campaign on VH and the battles on medium. What that means is that you should be comfortable with the battles, but the AI will have a steady stream of armies for us to fight (we only get 20 turns each, so a lot of battles may not be a bad thing).

I also think it is important to reduce the bandit and pirate spawn rate - endless pathetic small rebel stacks are just boring to fight and slow things down. To do this, the first player needs to edit the file descr_strat.txt in:
C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\bi\data\world\maps\campaign\barbarian_invasion
to change "brigand_spawn_value" to 100 and that for pirates to 100.

BTW, your mention of peasants reminded me of another houserule - don't recruit peasants (ie for garrisons). We should use real Roman soldiers for that.

I noticed Severous expressed an interest. IIRC, he's an exceptionally good player. I guess people can to some extent determine their own style of play. Strong players may want to fight with half stacks, less confident ones may not. I might try getting my generals to do lots of characterful and political things that are not always in the best interest of the faction - sort of like play out on the campaign map the bickering you see in the Will of the Senate deliberations! :laugh4:

In terms of logistics, we need a play list and ideally someone to oversee the campaign. I know you are new to PBM, Cauis, but it would be good if you could commit to overseeing the PBM. What that essentially involves is making sure the show goes on - don't allow people to run away with the savegame and chase up players to make sure things are progressing. If you don't want to do it, I can. But it's your baby, so it would be good if you did.

As the proposer of the PBM, you can pick which turn you want to take. Often it's good for the proposer to take the first 20 turns to set the character of the PBM. But if you think that would be too dull and you'd rather take a later turn, that would be fine.

I suggest the following order:

Caius Flaminius
Zimfan
Severous TBC
.... any other volunteers...
econ21 filling in if there is a gap
then recycle through the players.

Let me know what you think and when you'd like to start, if you want to go first.

If you like I can summarise the houserules etc for you to confirm and as a reference for other players just before you start.

UltraWar
08-23-2006, 12:19
I'm intrested as the Julii are my favourite Roman Family! :2thumbsup:

econ21
08-23-2006, 12:43
OK, provisional campaign arrangements so far:

Low rebel spawn rate[1].

[1]To do this, the first player needs to edit the file descr_strat.txt in:
C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\bi\data\world\maps\campaign\barbarian_invasion

Player duties
Each player plays for 20 turns. They should take screenshots[2] and write characterful after action reports in a separate write-ups thread.

When their turn comes, players should post that they have picked up the savegame within 2 days. After that, they should post their progress every 7 days. Failure to do this will lead to the next player taking the reign.

[2]For how to take and upload screenshots, read the end of the following post:
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=467491&postcount=2

Victory conditions
However, players should adopt a hands-off attitude to traditional Brutii and Scipii areas of interest. Focus on Gaul, Iberia and Briton first. Leave Carthage, Greece and Macedon alone until the previously mentioned 3 factions are gone (of course, you can follow a Senate mission against them).

Houserules:
(a) no extermination
(b) no retraining land units below full strength except First Cohorts
(c) each ship can only carry one unit
(d) historical army composition - for Romans, max 2 cav (excluding generals)and 2 archers/slingers per full stack. Pre-reform aim for 1:1:1 mix of velites, hastati and principes before the reforms. Post-reform aim for a 1:1 mix of legionnaires and auxiliaries, maybe with one ballista if desired.
(e) no recruitment of peasants
(f) optional - fight with half stacks (10 units per stack, not 20).

Play order:
Caius Flaminius
Zimfan
UltraWar
Severous TBC
.... any other volunteers...
econ21 filling in if there is a gap
then recycle through the players.

Caius
08-23-2006, 18:09
How is the campaign in RTW 1.5 econ21 ?

And optional - fight with half stacks?Whats that

econ21
08-23-2006, 18:57
Hi Caius - are you happy with the above or do you want to change any of it? Would you like to be the first player?

The descr_strat file gives lots of details about the campaign. It is only read once, at the start of a game, so only the first player need worry about it. With 1.5 RTW, they introduced a couple of lines early on in the file specfying the "brigand_spawn_value" and the "pirate_spawn_value". If you raise the values of these two things to about 100, you will see bandits and pirates pop up much less frequently.

If you want, I can load a savegame for turn 1 with the settings we agree and then the first player can just download it without worrying about the above.

And optional - fight with half stacks?Whats that

I meant with 10 units in a stack rather than 20. I just meant this to optional for players who want a greater challenge.

BTW, I think we should play on large unit size if that's ok with people.

Severous
08-23-2006, 20:02
Hi.

Yep im interested.

A counter proposal if I may.

Low rebel spawn rate[1]. Agreed

Player duties
Each player plays for max of 20 turns. They should take screenshots and write after action reports in a separate write-ups thread.

When their turn comes, players should post that they have picked up the savegame within 2 days. They have a max of 7 days to complete their turn. Failure to do this will lead to the next player taking the reign.

Victory conditions
However, players should adopt a hands-off attitude to traditional Brutii and Scipii areas of interest. Focus on Gaul, Iberia and Briton first. Leave Carthage, Greece and Macedon alone until the previously mentioned 3 factions are gone (of course, you can follow a Senate mission against them).Agreed

Houserules:
(a) extermination allowed. But not deliberate move out>rebel> recapture>exterminate
(b) max of one unit retraining per city per turn
(c) each ship can carry what they want
(d) Optional - historical army composition - for Romans, max 2 cav (excluding generals)and 2 archers/slingers per full stack. Pre-reform aim for 1:1:1 mix of velites, hastati and principes before the reforms. Post-reform aim for a 1:1 mix of legionnaires and auxiliaries, maybe with one ballista if desired.
(e) no recruitment of peasants for garrison. Only used for population movement.
(f) optional - fight with stacks of any size you want
(g) Mercenaries. Can use all and any that are available.

econ21
08-23-2006, 21:24
I'm ok with Severous's counter-proposal: the main changes seems to be:
(a) that each player should hold onto the game for only one week - this is good in that it will keep things moving along.
(b) and that there are no houserules except only retrain one unit per city - I'm fine with this, players can do their own thing in terms of houserules.

Cauis, what do you think on the rules? Do you want to take responsibility for this PBM and oversee it? Do you want to start it off?

Caius
08-23-2006, 22:02
Can I delete the historical army composition?
Remember, here we are going to play and we make the rules, not me only.
I agree with Severius too, i'd like to have mercenaries in my troops.
I am starting now this campaign, so we must create a post of the story telling

Severous
08-23-2006, 22:11
No peasants as garrison is a house rule. Its a departure for me. I normally use them as garrisons as they are very cost effective. Many players use peasants, many dont. I thought I would leave that in as originally proposed. Go with the flow.

That retraining limit slows you down a bit. It was used in a sucession campaign before. After a big battle it would take a few turns to get all the units back to full strength. Understrength units might be left behind by your advancing army. Retrained over a few turns they might stay behind as garrison or march after the main army.

The thing I like about swapping a game around like this is you get a game in flow. Takes a while to work out whats going on and what to do. Mix of troops and buildings might not be what you are used to, cash flow etc different.

Caius
08-23-2006, 22:26
How can i start the story?.
In a far far far galaxy:oops: :oops:
whoops, thats the Star Wars introduction!

GeneralHankerchief
08-23-2006, 23:02
Excellent, I return from vacation with a Julii PBM waiting for me!

Count me in.

Zimfan
08-23-2006, 23:14
How can i start the story?.
In a far far far galaxy:oops: :oops:
whoops, thats the Star Wars introduction!

A somewhat longish time ago, in a galaxy, well, right here...nah.

In my only writeup so far, I started with screenshots of my factions family members. But then, my writing skills are somewhat underwhelming.

For better examples, I'd reccomend reading the writeups from other campaigns. General Hankerchief's and Econ21's are excellents, as well as those of many others whose names I emarrassingly can't remember right now.

Caius
08-23-2006, 23:57
Great!Other player to make The house of Julii more stronger!
Welcome back to the org.!
We must create a name for the campaign for ex. "The Domination of the julii"

econ21
08-24-2006, 00:30
OK, I've summarised what I think we have agreed in the first post of this thread. Caius can edit it to change it as he is in charge.

Let's use this thread for all out of character stuff. When Caius has done his 20 turns, he can start a new thread for the posting of write-ups only.

In terms of the title, I was wondering about "The Ascent of the Julii", but domination would be an alternative.

Caius
08-24-2006, 00:43
In the write offs, Have i write what happened in each battle?
And the troops?Small, Normal, Large or huge?

econ21
08-24-2006, 00:48
I think large is best. Some people's computers struggle with huge.

In terms of write-ups, personally, I think it is best to try to tell a story rather than document every detail. So there's no need to write-up every battle - just focus on the exciting or important ones.

Caius
08-24-2006, 00:53
Ok.
Im logging out.
i have 7 days.
Starting right now!

GeneralHankerchief
08-24-2006, 01:27
The one problem I have with the rules is the 7-day thing. Mainly, the later players are going to have to be stuck running a bona-fide empire, and they not only have to run it but document the major important events, take notes, and provide screenshots.

Maybe this is just the way I play, but could we perhaps make the later players' limit 14 days?

econ21
08-24-2006, 01:33
I agree - 2 weeks for later games (20+ provinces?) sounds reasonable.

Severous
08-24-2006, 07:34
Caius...look after our archers. It will be a while before we can retrain or recruit any more.

If Caius has ever modded the game is there a possibility it will not load for the following players? If so send an early save to me (vanilla/no mods) just to check compatability/mods?

Germany. They were the faction I had trouble with in my first campaign many months ago. Our house rules suggest we do not attack them until Gaul/Spain/Briton are ours. We will be attacked by Germany early on..if they start a war then we are free to finish it?

Good luck Caius

Caius
08-24-2006, 20:53
Thank you,Severus.
Two weeks.Sounds razonable, some people have to work and they can be busy. I'm studying but always im playing RTW 1.5 without mods installed.
One time i installed Spqr Total War, but I uninstalled tthe mod and reinstalled RTW, i dont believe in any type of problems can make unplayable this campaign

I agree - 2 weeks for later games (20+ provinces?) sounds reasonable.
20 provinces? I am slow in the campaign.Yesterday i was playing and I captured Segesta(obviously),Mediolanium and Narbo Martius . I am going to capture Patavium and luvavum, for make a good fronteer agains the gauls.
We must nt gain too many enemies at the same time, this can be dangerous

econ21
08-24-2006, 22:01
The 20 provinces thing was just an attempt to define when the faction would be so big we would want to allow players 2 weeks rather than 1 week.

Good luck with your reign. :2thumbsup:

Caius
08-25-2006, 01:14
Due by a my machine error, i cant start the RTW campaign, so Zimfan can start the campaign please.
Maybe in a few days i can continue the battle.

Zimfan
08-25-2006, 05:41
Due by a my machine error, i cant start the RTW campaign, so Zimfan can start the campaign please.
Maybe in a few days i can continue the battle.

Ok, I'll get it done this weekend.~:)

Caius
08-25-2006, 21:14
Ok.

Zimfan
08-26-2006, 13:11
[B]Ok, my vacation ends tomorrow and I'll be home around 5 pm U.S. Central Time Zone(think we're about half a day behind you Brits, and, depending where in South America Caius is from, right at his time zone or a couple hours behind). I should finish my turn that by Sunday night, and have the writeup done within a week.

I wanted to make sure of something before starting. To reduce the bandit spawn rate I go into C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\bi\data\world\maps\campaign\barbarian_invasion and change "brigand_spawn_value" to 100 and that for pirates to 100, right? And only I have to do this, not the next few players?

econ21
08-26-2006, 13:21
I wanted to make sure of something before starting. To reduce the bandit spawn rate I go into C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\bi\data\world\maps\campaign\barbarian_invasion and change "brigand_spawn_value" to 100 and that for pirates to 100, right? And only I have to do this, not the next few players?

Good job you checked. Sorry, I just noticed a mistake - what I wrote before was to mod BI not RTW. The file you want is "descr_strat.txt" for the standard RTW campaign, not the BI one.

In my installation, the file can be found in the subdirectory:
C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

The file is only read once, so only the first player need bother with it (although I'd recommend using these values for all games if you dislike fighting small rebel stacks and large pirate fleets).

Zimfan
08-26-2006, 13:25
Good job you checked. Sorry, I just noticed a mistake - what I wrote before was to mod BI not RTW. The file you want is "descr_strat.txt" for the standard RTW campaign, not the BI one.

In my installation, the file can be found in the subdirectory:
C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

The file is only read once, so only the first player need bother with it (although I'd recommend using these values for all games if you dislike fighting small rebel stacks and large pirate fleets).

:2thumbsup: Got it. I think in my installation it's The Creative Assembly and not Activision, but I expect that's the only difference. Normally I don't mind fighting rebel stacks to train my generals, but after quitting my first Very Hard campaign playing the ERE in disgust because I spent all my time fighting half stacks of veteranii, I'm more than ready for a break.

Zimfan
08-26-2006, 13:26
P.S. I've just come to realize what a nice treat warm mead is in the wee hours of the morning when you haven't been able to sleep all night.

Caius
08-27-2006, 03:13
Caius Flaminius is back and he can play this Julii PBEM!
When I can play?He have a problem with th eturns

Caius
08-27-2006, 03:59
[B]Ok, my vacation ends tomorrow and I'll be home around 5 pm U.S. Central Time Zone(think we're about half a day behind you Brits, and, depending where in South America Caius is from, right at his time zone or a couple hours behind). I should finish my turn that by Sunday night, and have the writeup done within a week.

GMT -3, So at the 2 pm you are going to finish your 10 years or 20 turns
Can be a error in the campaign because i dont have BI and maybe it would be a error when I am going to open the file?

Severous
08-27-2006, 07:28
Can I suggest the first player sends in a save to the PBM file space today. So others can check for compatability.

Caius
08-27-2006, 15:14
And whats the file, because I download a file and the time is October 19 2004.It is the right file or not?

Zimfan
08-28-2006, 02:11
Can I suggest the first player sends in a save to the PBM file space today. So others can check for compatability.

Ok, I'll just start the game and upload it today. Then I can play the 10 years tomorrow or just switch back with Caius so he can play turn one.

Ignoramus
08-28-2006, 05:13
Don't tell me I've missed out again! I've just gotten 1.5/1.6, and now I find I'll be number 7. Oh well, I'll sign up anyway.

Zimfan
08-28-2006, 06:34
Ok, I uploaded a test game. Vh/m, manage all settlements, follow AI characters, low advice, and bandit and pirate spawn rates reduced.

It's called Juliipbm270, upload it here: http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/

No turns have been played, and Caius can retake his position as first player now that his comp is fixed. Only fitting since it's his game. :) Otherwise, I'll take it as decided before and have it done tomorrow(just got in from vacation Sat. It's been hard to find game time, but tomorrow it's my first day of school and class ends at noon, so I have plenty of time.

Severous
08-28-2006, 09:32
Checks out fine Zimfan. Vibius took Segesta all by himself. Battles he had confirmed this is not vh or h difficulty. Felt like medium to me.

You might want to restart with the advisors switched off otherwise you will have them popping up all the time?

Go get em Caius.

Caius
08-28-2006, 22:02
Ok, I uploaded a test game. Vh/m, manage all settlements, follow AI characters, low advice, and bandit and pirate spawn rates reduced.

It's called Juliipbm270, upload it here: http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/

No turns have been played, and Caius can retake his position as first player now that his comp is fixed. Only fitting since it's his game. :) Otherwise, I'll take it as decided before and have it done tomorrow(just got in from vacation Sat. It's been hard to find game time, but tomorrow it's my first day of school and class ends at noon, so I have plenty of time.
Seems to be a other Julii Pbem running at the same time.
The name will be the following
JuliipbmX, when X is the last year.
Have I start this PBEM?

econ21
08-28-2006, 22:13
Seems to be a other Julii Pbem running at the same time.
The name will be the following
JuliipbmX, when X is the last year.
Have I start this PBEM?

My understanding is that you should download Zimfan's savegame and play on. He's done nothing, so you will be starting this PBEM. The reason for using his savegame is that he has chosen the settings we agreed and modded the rebel spawn down.

Have fun.

Caius
08-29-2006, 01:34
Maybe tomorrow I am going to start this PBEM

GeneralHankerchief
08-29-2006, 01:52
Don't forget - your seven-day clock is ticking. :grin:

Zimfan
08-29-2006, 05:13
My understanding is that you should download Zimfan's savegame and play on. He's done nothing, so you will be starting this PBEM. The reason for using his savegame is that he has chosen the settings we agreed and modded the rebel spawn down.

Have fun.

Well, actually it was in response to Severous's suggestion we do a test run to make sure noone has any compatibility problems before starting. It seemed like a good idea, and the extra time gave me a chance to see if Caius wanted to play first, since he had fixed his comp. Having an unplayed savegame set to our agreed settings for him was just a bonus. ~:)

Zimfan
08-29-2006, 05:17
Checks out fine Zimfan. Vibius took Segesta all by himself. Battles he had confirmed this is not vh or h difficulty. Felt like medium to me.

You might want to restart with the advisors switched off otherwise you will have them popping up all the time?

Go get em Caius.

Should be Very Hard campaign and Medium battle difficulty, unless I made a horrendous mistake and set it to Very Easy campaign instead. I'll check it out.
Sorry about the advisor. I think I set it on low. Habit from those days long past when I found it useful rather than annoying.

Edit: A couple turn test had the Senate assign me to take Narbo Martius on the second turn! :inquisitive: And with a threatening decent sized Gaul army in the Po valley that I'll have to ignore to make it there on time. I'd say that's indicative of a VH campaign map. My fiancee beckons, so I'll have to wait til tomorrow to check again.

Caius
08-29-2006, 17:51
Should be Very Hard campaign and Medium battle difficulty, unless I made a horrendous mistake and set it to Very Easy campaign instead. I'll check it out.
Sorry about the advisor. I think I set it on low. Habit from those days long past when I found it useful rather than annoying.

Edit: A couple turn test had the Senate assign me to take Narbo Martius on the second turn! :inquisitive: And with a threatening decent sized Gaul army in the Po valley that I'll have to ignore to make it there on time. I'd say that's indicative of a VH campaign map. My fiancee beckons, so I'll have to wait til tomorrow to check again.
Are you saying:Very hard the campaign map?EDIT:I never played in very hard, but I will try

Caius
08-29-2006, 19:42
Don't forget - your seven-day clock is ticking. :grin:
If you arent noticed GeneralHankerchief, each player has 14 days for make his 20 turns

econ21
08-29-2006, 20:12
If you arent noticed GeneralHankerchief, each player has 14 days for make his 20 turns

I think we said 14 days when the game gets big. When you have lots of cities, the game slows down. Early on, it should be brisk. Hopefully you can get your turn finished by the end of the coming weekend.

Severous
08-29-2006, 20:27
If the save is picked up to play then a reminder..the first senate mission is already set. Sagesta. (Worth €5000.) There wont be any reminder when you load it up.

Campaign difficulty of any save game can be checked by looking at farm income. After isolating all variables like governors, upgrades and harvest, a city has a base farming income that is affected by the difficulty setting. Im happy to accept Zimfan got it right.

Zimfan
08-30-2006, 04:19
If the save is picked up to play then a reminder..the first senate mission is already set. Sagesta. (Worth €5000.) There wont be any reminder when you load it up.

Campaign difficulty of any save game can be checked by looking at farm income. After isolating all variables like governors, upgrades and harvest, a city has a base farming income that is affected by the difficulty setting. Im happy to accept Zimfan got it right.

:2thumbsup: On our save Arrettium's farming income, with an average harvest and ungoverned(wasn't sure if the traits of the starting fms were random so I moved the gov out) were 100 denarii lower than on medium difficulty and 40+ lower than on hard, so we're ok to go.

Caius
09-01-2006, 21:54
How much days I have?

econ21
09-01-2006, 22:46
How much days I have?

By my reckoning, you've got up to and including Monday. Can you get it done over the weekend? Or do you have some other commitments?

Caius
09-01-2006, 23:58
Ok, tomorrow maybe I can play this PBEM, because i dont have time

Caius
09-02-2006, 17:31
I finished my turns.
I dont make a good process:no: .
Im uploading now the file and making the report

econ21
09-02-2006, 18:26
OK - good to see this PBM is starting to move. Please can you zip the savegame and upload it using this facility:

http://www.totalwar.org/Downloads/Uploaders/pbmupload.php

Thanks.

Zimfan's next up, but to keep things moving, please upload the savegame before working on the report.

Caius
09-02-2006, 18:47
See the write ups thread.
The battles are there

EDIT: link to savegame:

http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/juliipbm260.zip

Zimfan
09-03-2006, 00:29
See the write ups thread.
The battles are there

EDIT: link to savegame:

http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/juliipbm260.zip

:2thumbsup: Ok. I'll start the game tonight. Could take a couple days, since I'll be taking ample notes, but will be done before the long weekend is over(Monday's a holiday here in the U.S. so it's a three day weekend).

Zimfan
09-03-2006, 01:06
Ok, I'm about to start the game. Took a quick look at our situation. Suffice it to say that some exciting things must have happened during Caius's reign! I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of his writeup. Next couple turns may be hectic :sweatdrop: , but then things should settle down.

Caius
09-03-2006, 01:23
My reign is a diseaster!It was funny because it was a chalenge for me, but it was hard.Im going to refresh the write-ups thread

econ21
09-03-2006, 02:04
Hi Caius,

On the screenshots, I think the way you type the links in your original writeups was too complicated. To get them to appear in the post rather than a link, all you need is something like the following:

[ img ]https://img119.imageshack.us/img119/358/capuringnmstartuu2.jpg[ /IMG ]

without the spaces.

IIRC, with imageshack, the entry it lists as "hotlink for forums (2)" works fine, so just cut and paste that link into Org post and you are done.

Zimfan
09-03-2006, 03:34
My reign is a diseaster!It was funny because it was a chalenge for me, but it was hard.Im going to refresh the write-ups thread

:juggle2: My first six turns I felt like this guy. Most fun campaign start I ever had. You left me with some problems to solve but also a lot of opportunity. Things are going very nicely and I'm about to wreak some revenge on those filthy barbarians.:charge: We'll see who drinks from whose skull! :skull: :laugh4:

Zimfan
09-03-2006, 03:40
Econ21,
I've been sold on one of your campaign rule suggestions. ~:)
After being forced to fight massively larger armies with my half stack of Roman soldiers(all we had for a while) I've realized what a deadly combination Roman units and a human player's superior tactical skill are. I have more men now but rather than steamrolling the Gauls with one giant army I've split them up between our best general and a promising up and comer. I'll only be fighting with a. half stacks of Romans or b. small core of Roman(no more than quarter stack) and barbarian "auxilaries"(mercanaries, actually, but for story purposes they'll be auxilaries). Figure it'll add some flavor and extra challenge to my campaign. :2thumbsup:

Caius
09-03-2006, 03:41
a mistake who cost me the fall of Arminium.Attack those barbarians, and extint their civilization!

Zimfan
09-03-2006, 03:43
a mistake who cost me the fall of Arminium.Attack those barbarians, and extint their civilization!

:2thumbsup: Arminium is back in Roman hands where it belongs, and the filthy barbarians of Patavium have been enslaved to provide labor for the empire. The last 7 years of my reign will be spent getting revenge by taking the battle to their homelands.

Caius
09-03-2006, 03:47
Hi Caius,

On the screenshots, I think the way you type the links in your original writeups was too complicated. To get them to appear in the post rather than a link, all you need is something like the following:

[ img ]https://img119.imageshack.us/img119/358/capuringnmstartuu2.jpg[ /IMG ]

without the spaces.

IIRC, with imageshack, the entry it lists as "hotlink for forums (2)" works fine, so just cut and paste that link into Org post and you are done.
Yes, I copy and paste, but i am making some wrong

Caius
09-03-2006, 03:48
:2thumbsup: Arminium is back in Roman hands where it belongs, and the filthy barbarians of Patavium have been enslaved to provide labor for the empire. The last 7 years of my reign will be spent getting revenge by taking the battle to their homelands.
Thanks to Jupiter!:laugh4:

Zimfan
09-03-2006, 10:31
All finished. The uploaded game is titled Juliipbm250.zip. Find it here. http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/

A warning to the next player. Thanks to the efforts of one of my spies I discovered that Alesia is building Chosen Swordsmen. :sweatdrop:

Other than that, the Julii empire is doing quite well. We've more than doubled in territories over the last twenty turns, we're in good standing with the senate, our infrastructure is much improved, and we're making a fair amount of money per turn, despite heavy military expenses. Patavium is producing Principes. :2thumbsup: Good luck to the next guy.

I should have my writeup within a week.

econ21
09-03-2006, 12:12
Quick work, Zimfan! I've PMd UltraWar. To maintain momentum, I suggest we give him 2 days from now to pick up the savegame, otherwise we move on to Severous. I'll send Severous a wake up call to alert him to the fact that he's the next but one player.

UltraWar
09-03-2006, 14:32
ok I've got the PM.. starting Turn now

Severous
09-04-2006, 14:12
Im back from a short break. Watching the fast progress through the turns and ready for my tour of duty.

UltraWar
09-04-2006, 14:58
I will forfeit my turn to Serverous because of School starting tommorow...

Caius
09-04-2006, 18:57
Zimfan, wait, dont post at the write ups thread

Zimfan
09-04-2006, 20:24
Zimfan, wait, dont post at the write ups thread

I won't post mine until you've finished. The more time I have to sift through all the pics I took, the better.

P.S. I just noticed that there are only three more people in the list of players. Assuming they don't put us to shame by doing massively better than we did and beating the game in their 30 turns(which is very possible, considering the skill level of lots of people here at the org), we both might get to go again. :2thumbsup:

Zimfan
09-04-2006, 21:35
Quick work, Zimfan! I've PMd UltraWar. To maintain momentum, I suggest we give him 2 days from now to pick up the savegame, otherwise we move on to Severous. I'll send Severous a wake up call to alert him to the fact that he's the next but one player.

No problem. I'd originally planned on spreading it out over the weekend but my reign was so exciting I "one more turn"ed all the way to 250 B.C. and 2-3 in the morning. Haven't had that much fun playing the game since my first Roman civil war. If I'd lost one of the first few battles against one of their vastly larger armies we would have to rename our campaign "The Extinction of Julii".

Severous
09-04-2006, 23:10
So is it me now ? Where do I pick up the save ?

Cant do any until tomorrow evening. Probobly wont play many years...but hope to expand the empire a bit and beat up our foes.

Zimfan
09-05-2006, 00:13
So is it me now ? Where do I pick up the save ?

Cant do any until tomorrow evening. Probobly wont play many years...but hope to expand the empire a bit and beat up our foes.

The uploaded game is titled Juliipbm250.zip. Find it here. [url]http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/

Watch out for Alesia, I sent a spy up there and found out they're producing chosen swordsmen. Right now Patavium(? the city in the east side of the po valley) is our only Princepes producing city.

Severous
09-06-2006, 00:18
Is this the right file ?

A picture from the campaign/save just downloaded and before I have done anything.

https://img337.imageshack.us/img337/1866/julii250ii8.th.jpg (https://img337.imageshack.us/my.php?image=julii250ii8.jpg)

Zimfan
09-06-2006, 06:18
Is this the right file ?

A picture from the campaign/save just downloaded and before I have done anything.

https://img337.imageshack.us/img337/1866/julii250ii8.th.jpg (https://img337.imageshack.us/my.php?image=julii250ii8.jpg)

That's it. ~:)

Caius
09-06-2006, 18:47
Zimfan, my report is finished, only i have to add 3 photos and that report is finished!

Caius
09-06-2006, 20:30
Three more turns and we are reciclying the players

GeneralHankerchief
09-06-2006, 23:39
Sorry for the trouble, but can you move me to the end of the line? If I am elected Consul in Will of the Senate there will be no time to play the Julii reign, and I still have a Vandal write-up to do.

Severous
09-07-2006, 00:02
Played 1 year tonight. 9 more to play.

How many days to go? I will run out of time before I do 10 years.

econ21
09-07-2006, 00:32
Strictly speaking, 5 days. But to be honest, if you take another 12 days, I don't think anyone would mind much. I know you are a reliable player and AFAIK, there's only me after you (I think GeneralHankerchief won't be free any time soon) and then we'll recycle the players.

Zimfan
09-07-2006, 02:53
Zimfan, my report is finished, only i have to add 3 photos and that report is finished!

:2thumbsup: Cool. Schoolwork has prevented me from doing more than a rough outline of my writeup, but intensive writing will start after school tomorrow. I should have mine up in a few days.

Zimfan
09-07-2006, 03:09

One question? ~:)

Are we gonna learn what happened to Narbo Martius and that one starting city we lost?

Severous
09-07-2006, 07:10
A question in answer to the one question asked above:

When are we going to gain our revenge....or have we already done so ?

Zimfan
09-07-2006, 07:16
A question in answer to the one question asked above:

When are we going to gain our revenge....or have we already done so ?

Well, we started to. The first ten turns or so of my reign consisted of using a smallish field army to take on several large Gaulish armies in the field while an even smaller one of ours sieged our lost city(with a stream of reinforcements from the other one) and consolidate control of the Po valley. Then I put two half stacks together and headed west. I think the city to the farthest west I took is Narbo Martius.

I also spent time repairing our rather poor infrastructure(didn't have a single paved road at the start, although out military buildings were very good), keeping taxes as high as possible to pay for them and the troops and enslaving conquered cities to fuel population growth. :2thumbsup: Most fun I've ever had playing RTW.

Anywho, with any luck you'll be finishing the revenge on those filthy barbarians. ~:)

Caius
09-07-2006, 19:18
One question? ~:)

Are we gonna learn what happened to Narbo Martius and that one starting city we lost?
We lost that city, i doesnt played it, we have a clear defeat

Severous
09-07-2006, 20:08
I have a few pictures ready to post into the write up.

Nearly captured another region....

Caius
09-07-2006, 20:16
Wait to Zimfan to make his reports

Zimfan
09-08-2006, 06:12
I have a few pictures ready to post into the write up.

Nearly captured another region....

I'll post a placeholder to edit my writeup in. Class is out at noon tomorrow, and I'll be spending the weekend on my writeup. That way you can post yours if you finish before me.

Severous
09-09-2006, 21:21
Hows the write up going Zimfan ?

Ive got loads of pictures..and a few captured regions. For my write up its the uploading of pictures that takes all the time. Im not a story teller...

GeneralHankerchief
09-10-2006, 01:48
It seems like the Senate is now leaning the other way.

You can put me back in line as I'll most likely have time to play this now.

Zimfan
09-10-2006, 05:56
Hows the write up going Zimfan ?

Ive got loads of pictures..and a few captured regions. For my write up its the uploading of pictures that takes all the time. Im not a story teller...

Pretty good. I have loads of pics that I'm sifting through tonight, but now that I have time I should be able to finish it tonight.

Zimfan
09-10-2006, 12:39
:2thumbsup: Ok, my writeup is done. I hope it's ok. Sorry about the wait guys, school was pretty busy for me last week.

Zimfan
09-11-2006, 05:47
:laugh4: I just want to note the extent of lameness felt by me after reading Severous campaign writeup and noticing how he's accomplished far more in half his turn than I did my whole one.

Zimfan
09-11-2006, 06:08
Also wanted to say that I got a new computer to play the MED:TW2

New computer! :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

Severous
09-11-2006, 07:30
^Zimfan

'Money is the sinew of war' Isnt that one of the quotes the game has ?

You built up our infrastructure and coupled with the military already in place you both set the scene for the Julii expansion.

I wont complete 10 years in my turn. I have played 6 years and can do a couple more but I want to adhere to the max of one week rule.

So next in line get ready....wednesday this week isnt it ?

Severous
09-12-2006, 21:43
Hi

My turn has ended.

I completed 6 years and moved a few units in the summer of 244BC.

I need to pass the game on now as I want to complete my write up over the next two evenings before I go away for a week.

The save campaign:

http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/Juliipbm244s.zip

The campaign has plenty of action to pick up:

- How to capture Ireland. There are stronger navys around. I was growing the Briton town nearest to try to get it to build a port/ship.
- Spain. Fought 3 big battles over turn end. Spain has an invading force our lands.
- I have two equites in the Greek/southern Italy area. Opportunists to take over Brutii seiges perhaps.
- Archers have arrived near the fort in Dacia. Time to take Dacia?
- We have a powerful force in Scythian lands poised to invade the last German land
- You can wipe out Briton this turn
- German leader beseiges one of our forts
- Palma has a garrion of lots of town militia. Played carefully we can take them with a weak invasion force if we can spare it from Spain.

Lots to do.

Enjoy.

econ21
09-12-2006, 22:07
That's a prodigous 6 years, Severous. :bow:

Now it's over to GeneralHankerchief.

GeneralHankerchief
09-13-2006, 22:28
Savegame downloaded and picked up.

You certainly gave me a lot to do, Severous.

econ21
09-13-2006, 22:40
You certainly gave me a lot to do, Severous.

You can take two weeks, if you like, GeneralHankerchief. I think the faction counts as "big" after Severous's conquests.

Caius
09-17-2006, 03:26
Waiting for news.

Caius

GeneralHankerchief
09-19-2006, 22:03
Blah.

I've just been going through my screenshots and realized that the legionnaires have fallen victim to the Curse of the Pointy Limbs.

Being a bit anal about this, I don't want these uploaded to the Org. Anyone know an in-game way to fix this? Thanks.

econ21
09-19-2006, 22:10
I've just been going through my screenshots and realized that the legionnaires have fallen victim to the Curse of the Pointy Limbs.

??? What is the curse of the pointy limbs?

GeneralHankerchief
09-19-2006, 23:23
The arms and legs of the soldiers are filed down to points, so all of their limbs look like cones. As a result, they have no hands or feet and it looks ridiculous whenever they're supposed to be wielding a weapon (which is always).

econ21
09-19-2006, 23:43
Sorry, I have never encountered that one - you could try asking in the Colosseum or Apothecary.

Caius
09-19-2006, 23:54
Maybe the unit detail is very low

econ21
09-22-2006, 10:29
Generalhankerchief, by my reckoning, your reign runs out on Wednesday (27th Sept). I wouldn't be able to play until the weekend though, so would a handover be possible by a weeks time?

Severous
09-27-2006, 20:24
Any news or write ups ?

econ21
09-27-2006, 20:37
Generalhankerchief just finished his Vandal write-up (haven't had time to read it myself yet, I confess). I'm happy to wait a little longer if he wishes. Just so long as we don't let this campaign die.

GeneralHankerchief
09-29-2006, 18:32
Ok, reign's done. It's all yours, econ21.

Savegame: http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/Juliipbm234s.zip

Just a couple things that looking at the savegame won't tell you:
-Manius Victor (Julius) just lost his legion outside of Vicus Venedae, but escaped with two other bodyguards. It's best if he retreats to Dulcus Domus Dulcus or another nearby settlement.
-The Spanish army sieging Corduba has done it before, but whenever you sally out they withdraw (oddly enough, on the battle map and not campaign).
-There's a Senate mission ordering us to blockade Scallabis. A bireme is en route.
-"A Chance for Power" has just come up.

I have a long weekend, so if we're lucky the writeup will be up soon.

Finally, just a little something I found while playing:

https://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n231/GeneralHankerchief/Julii/julii_017.jpg

Enjoy. :2thumbsup:

Caius
09-29-2006, 18:49
Thats me:laugh4:
Caius Flaminius, first Bruttian diplomat

Zimfan40
09-30-2006, 07:03
Ok, reign's done. It's all yours, econ21.
-"A Chance for Power" has just come up.

Already!? :dizzy2:

:2thumbsup: Looks like if I do get another turn, it'll be in the middle of the civil war. Woohoo!

GeneralHankerchief
10-01-2006, 01:50
Write-up's done.

Hopefully the events that happened in the third post won't limit anything, econ.

Severous
10-01-2006, 06:03
Nice write up GH. :2thumbsup:

Like the strategic blocking in of Brutii. Were there any opportunities to work with our allies the Brutii ?

GeneralHankerchief
10-01-2006, 14:44
Nah, they've mostly been going for Southern Greece. I think we'll beat them to Byzantium, which is my goal for every Julii game.

And the Scipii have just loaded up on armies in Italy and Sicily but haven't done anything with them. So the Civil War'll be a barrel of fun... :juggle2:

Caius
10-05-2006, 00:16
Write-up's done.

Hopefully the events that happened in the third post won't limit anything, econ.
Thats a good writeup, noy my try-of-write-up
We have forgotten a thing:
The story telling!

Zimfan40
10-09-2006, 05:54
From Econ21's writeup:
"Instead, his arrow lodged in Manius’s neck and Manius the Victor, the hero of the Julii faction fell dead, his blood staining the snow on the steppes."

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, carry on.

Zimfan40
10-14-2006, 21:35
From econ21's writeup "Why does my father believe I am any less a man because sometimes I prefer snails to oysters?"

:laugh4: A Spartacus fan I take it?

:2thumbsup: Getting ever closer to my turn...

econ21
10-14-2006, 23:31
OK, I'm done:

http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/Juliipbm224s.zip

I think we are recycling old players, so it is back to Caius Flaminius, is that right? If so, Caius, it would be fun if you could continue the story idea of grooming Amulius's two sons to be Emperor - ideally designating one of them faction heir if they appear worthy enough. I think Empires should be dynastic, rather than just choosing the most influential heir as the computer does.

Zimfan - your turn is indeed close (next after Caius), but it may be a hairy one. I am not sure Caius will want to start the civil war yet, but we should be ready in 10 years if he works towards that goal.

Zimfan40
10-15-2006, 01:58
OK, I'm done:

I think we are recycling old players, so it is back to Caius Flaminius, is that right? If so, Caius, it would be fun if you could continue the story idea of grooming Amulius's two sons to be Emperor - ideally designating one of them faction heir if they appear worthy enough. I think Empires should be dynastic, rather than just choosing the most influential heir as the computer does.

Zimfan - your turn is indeed close (next after Caius), but it may be a hairy one. I am not sure Caius will want to start the civil war yet, but we should be ready in 10 years if he works towards that goal.

Econ21, well, at least that ensures an exciting reign for me. ~:) If for some reason we're not up to a civil was by the beginning of my reign I'll make sure we are by the end of mine. :charge:

Caius
10-15-2006, 14:37
OK, I'm done:

Ok, starting rigth now.

Caius

EDIT: I cant play, I'm having a CTD when i try to end turn.
Please help me!

Zimfan40
10-15-2006, 17:28
Ok, starting rigth now.

Caius

EDIT: I cant play, I'm having a CTD when i try to end turn.
Please help me!
After seeing this post, I downloaded the game and gave it a try. It's working for me.

Did you remember to extract the file before putting it in your saves folder? That's the kind of thing I'd forget to do.

Caius
10-15-2006, 17:32
After seeing this post, I downloaded the game and gave it a try. It's working for me.

Did you remember to extract the file before putting it in your saves folder? That's the kind of thing I'd forget to do.
I load the file, i say macrch attack, etc, i end the turnm and CTD!!:help: :help: :help:

Caius

econ21
10-15-2006, 17:48
From what Zimfan said, the savegame is fine - it must be your copy of RTW. As I said in my PM, uninstall and re-install RTW is the best I can come up with, sorry.

Zimfan40
10-15-2006, 19:05
From what Zimfan said, the savegame is fine - it must be your copy of RTW. As I said in my PM, uninstall and re-install RTW is the best I can come up with, sorry.

Could there have also been a problem with his download of the save? In that case, it might be as simple as deleting it and redownloading.

econ21
10-15-2006, 19:45
Could there have also been a problem with his download of the save? In that case, it might be as simple as deleting it and redownloading.

I doubt it - a bad download probably would not allow the zip to be unpacked, still less permit you to get to the end of a turn.

Caius
10-15-2006, 22:11
Who is the next?
I have to download both patches...again
and reinstall, obiously.

Caius

econ21
10-15-2006, 22:22
Zimfan's next - do you want him to play before you?

Caius
10-15-2006, 22:24
Yes, he can.
PM he.

Caius

If anyone knows a way of fix this PM me.Thanks

Zimfan40
10-15-2006, 22:58
I can play the next turn, but I have a midterm tomorrow, a midterm Wednesday, and a midterm and quiz on Thursday, so I'll be held up with studying until then. :book:

:2thumbsup: I can do the campaign this weekend. From the look I got of the save, I'll have a lot of consolidating to do, but I can make sure that come time for the civil war, we'll be ready.

Caius
10-15-2006, 23:22
Remember the Senate Missions!!

Regards.

Caius.

Zimfan40
10-16-2006, 00:37
Missions noted and about to be accomplished! :2thumbsup:

May I suggest that we amend our victory condition? I say we should try to eliminate the other Roman factions, or at least push them out of Italy and Greece. Our empire is so large the Civil War could only just be warming up by the time we've gotten up to 50 provinces+Rome.

Caius
10-16-2006, 15:22
Missions noted and about to be accomplished! :2thumbsup:

May I suggest that we amend our victory condition? I say we should try to eliminate the other Roman factions, or at least push them out of Italy and Greece. Our empire is so large the Civil War could only just be warming up by the time we've gotten up to 50 provinces+Rome.
I say, start the civil war now if we have full stacks in Italy, because Arminium and Arretium, doesnt have too much troops enough to start. If you feel you are prepared, do it.

Caius

Zimfan40
10-16-2006, 17:03
I say, start the civil war now if we have full stacks in Italy, because Arminium and Arretium, doesnt have too much troops enough to start. If you feel you are prepared, do it.

Caius

We don't have much in Italy, yet. Econ21 disbanded many of our troops to A. Build post Marian reform troops and B. Provide the much needed cashflow for those new troops.

~:) Luckily, all of our Italian cities and many or our cities in southern Germany and Gaul can produce the updates units, so I am amassing a brutii and Senate killing machine of an army. I'll likely have the needed troops on the ground in the second half of my turn, but I'll be lucky if I can conquer Italy before my turn ends.

Caius
10-16-2006, 22:03
I AM SO LUCKY!!!!
I CAN PLAY NOW!
AND NO REINSTALLS!!!
I FIXED IT!!!

Caius

Zimfan40
10-16-2006, 22:56
I AM SO LUCKY!!!!
I CAN PLAY NOW!
AND NO REINSTALLS!!!
I FIXED IT!!!

Caius

:juggle2: Well, you have two choices now.

:book: Because of midterm exams in college this week, I've only played through most of one turn. I wouldn't be finish my turn until Friday.

1. You're welcome to go ahead and take your turn back. Most of it will be spent building up an army of taking the Brutii and then playing the very start of the civil war(to see their strength, look at the second from last pic in our writeup thread. https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=68309 ).

2. Or I could go through with the rest of the turn. I'd probably finish up this weekend, and you'd take it up at the beginning of our turn, taking the armies I build to victory against the Bruttii. :charge: :duel:

:bow: Either is fine with me.

Caius
10-16-2006, 22:58
Take the second option :2thumbsup:

Caius

Zimfan40
10-17-2006, 01:01
Take the second option :2thumbsup:

Caius

:2thumbsup: Works for me. I'm looking forward to trying to develop Econ21's story, and to the climatic start of the civil war after years of bulding up.

Zimfan40
10-20-2006, 05:41
Curse you imageshack! ~;p
All my pics are showing up blank in my first writeup. And If I recall correctly, I'd had to redo them once already shortly after I'd written the thing. I'd fix them again, but the pics are long gone from my computer. Does anyone know of a more reliable place to host the images for my upcoming writeup?

Zimfan40
10-20-2006, 07:21
All of my midterms are officially done today. :book:
Got home late(I have a night class Thursdays) but managed to get in a couple of turns. Looks like Publius Maxentius is about to become even less popular with the faction leader. Campus Sarmatae revolted. :sweatdrop:
Other than that things are going well. :2thumbsup:

I hope to get through most or all of my turn tomorrow.

Zimfan40
10-21-2006, 11:00
Ok, 5 A.M. here and I'm not quite done. Think I'll call it a night. The reign so far has been rather more exciting than I thought it would be. Desert armies popping out of nowhere, several revolts in formerly Sarmatian towns(all of which are about to receive new government buildings relieving us of most of those terrible culture penalties.

:2thumbsup: Just started the civil war. I have a feeling that as soon as I hit end turn, all heck's going to break loose. I'll probably fight more battles this upcoming turn than the rest of my reign combined! Many a pixelated Roman life will be lost over the next six months. :skull:

Severous
10-21-2006, 18:08
I moved away from Imageshack due to its unreliability.

Try this site.
http://www.theimagehosting.com/

Its been great for the last month ive been using it. Allows upload of 10 images at a time.

I recommend saves with different names between each battle.

Zimfan40
10-22-2006, 10:48
:2thumbsup: Thanks Severous, I'll give that site a try for this writeup.

Caius, I finished my reign. I have the save in the .org filespace under the name Juliipbm214civwar.zip .

The civil war is on and the Brutii and remaining Scipii are ticked. The Italian cities I took are garrisoned by the armies that sieged them. If we can get some crap units to take their place as garrisons, it'll free up about 4 full stack, post Marian reform armies. Several Brutii stacks are making their way to our border cities in Scythia.

Technically we need only one more city to "win" with fifty settlements. I'd take a screenshot of the win scroll to post at the end of your writeup, then keep on going until the other Roman factions are dead. Not only is that much more interesting than playing a turn to take only one city, but it would cement our faction's position as the only Roman Empire. :2thumbsup:

Caius
10-22-2006, 14:14
I have to :hanged: the other romans and remove from the map?

Playing now!

Caius
10-22-2006, 17:27
Ok people.
Caius Flaminius is proud to announce this PBEM has finished.
:yes: , it is finished.
Much thanks for every one of the people who wanted to play this PBEM.

Regards

Zimfan40
10-22-2006, 17:56
Ok people.
Caius Flaminius is proud to announce this PBEM has finished.
:yes: , it is finished.
Much thanks for every one of the people who wanted to play this PBEM.

Regards

:2thumbsup: Woohoo!

Did you wipe them off the map? :skull: Or take the 50 province win?

Caius
10-22-2006, 19:20
The 50 provinces

Caius
10-22-2006, 19:44
For some reason i cant edit my post.The button doesnt work.
Zimfan:Remember the writeup!!

Severous
10-23-2006, 19:45
Well done. Another PBEM completed. :2thumbsup:

Caius
10-23-2006, 20:05
My first PBEM completed.I thought this never runned.
I'm will be organizating another, but later

Zimfan40
10-24-2006, 05:52
My first PBEM completed.I thought this never runned.
I'm will be organizating another, but later

~:cheers: An accomplishment to be proud of. Most of the RTW PBEMs on the site died before finishing, especially the big imperial campaign ones like this one. Can't wait to join the next one! Any ideas on what it might be? MTW2 is coming out soon. :beam:

I will do the writeup. Got my notes ready and everything. Unfortunately my report on Ciudad del Este for Spanish class and my paper for my Mayan culture class take precedence, so it might be a few days, but it will be done. :yes:

Caius
10-24-2006, 18:43
Can't wait to join the next one! Any ideas on what it might be?
Check the poll.

Caius
10-29-2006, 16:32
Where the ? The write-up thread, where is?

UltraWar
10-29-2006, 16:51
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=68309

Zimfan40
10-29-2006, 17:34
:book: Ok ,one report written fior school, one to go. I'l start sorting my pics tonight, and should have the writeup written shortly.