PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom of Heaven Music

Manslaughter the Great I
08-25-2006, 05:56
I was wondering wether or not you are going to use music from this movie. I just played RTW with KoH music in the background and I can tell you it sounds amazing. I believe you can use the music as long as you don't use it to make money.

iglauskas
08-25-2006, 06:32
Using KoH music in the mod would be great indeed! It's very atmospheric and meets the spirit of the Crusades period.

And I want to ask about voices in the mod, Caius. Are you going to use the ones from the MTW?

caius britannicus
08-25-2006, 15:53
The music compiled for The Crusades is breathtaking. It does use some parts of the Kingdom of Heaven score but it also draws music from other sources. Just the menu music alone sets the mood, playing battles however is an awe-inspiring experience thanks to the music. I don't think anyone will be disappointed with it. As to the voices. We aren't editing them. I've replaced voices before when I worked on RTR. Its a lot of work and far too time consuming.

Isnogood
08-25-2006, 17:54
The music compiled for The Crusades is breathtaking.

Has it been compiled by Reiksmarshal, then it's -presumeably- awesome.

I remember I downloading his music pack for Hellenic:TW(good ol' MTW mod), it was ~1GB.I had only 56k at the time, but it was well worth it.

Manslaughter the Great I
08-25-2006, 20:30
Good, this mod is just getting better and better.:2thumbsup:

iglauskas
08-25-2006, 21:06
No doubt the music in the mod will be great! :charge:

As to the voices. We aren't editing them. I've replaced voices before when I worked on RTR. Its a lot of work and far too time consuming.

But will you at least remove speeches at the start of a battle, so that there won't be "sons of Achilles and Alexander" and "for Rome" phrases? Such things can break the atmosphere...

Crusader Invasion
08-26-2006, 07:21
No doubt the music in the mod will be great! :charge:

But will you at least remove speeches at the start of a battle, so that there won't be "sons of Achilles and Alexander" and "for Rome" phrases? Such things can break the atmosphere...
And take out the voice that says "All Rome will be amazed at such a victory" unless it's talking about Papal Rome.

Refnulf von Holland
08-26-2006, 18:20
I think that you guys will enjoy the music pack for the Crusades, I have been working on it since December and the mood is just about for the battles that will take place in the crusades.

aka Reiksmarshal

The Spartan (Returns)
08-26-2006, 18:39
well using the main theme for the menu would be fantastic. (the chorus)

Cadmus
11-14-2006, 23:17
Might I ask, what music are you using for the Saracens? That woman, her voice, splendide! Could you direct me...

Dooz
11-15-2006, 01:46
Let it be known, the music is excellent. Been enjoying it immensly these past few days I've been conquering the lands as the invaders from the West. Great stuff!

Shishan
11-15-2006, 03:07
Hey..i think i heard a music from "freedom fighter" game during saracens total victory in game battle against the crusade..overall the music in this game is excellent, splendid, fantastic...

severius alexius
11-15-2006, 03:19
yes the movie is great and so is the music

Darkarbiter
11-23-2006, 07:04
I also believe there is at least 1 song from stronghold as well (love the music to stronghold). When your setting up your army before you move anything you sometimes hear it.

falcons1988
05-13-2007, 21:37
What I like about the Kingdom of Heaven music is how 'Harry Gregson-Williams' (the composer) has blended a Middle-Eastern style music, with western classical and choral music. So while you have a traditional hymn style piece of music being played, you have a Middle-Eastern type theme underneath. Brilliant!