PDA

View Full Version : Casse-An Empire to be Born (AAR)

Vendayn
09-05-2006, 05:47
(Some errors may occur; grammar, spelling or wrong town/city names. I apologize if this happens; so let me know if you find anything.)

Note: I do have two saves, but one is incase one save gets corrupt. It isn’t to be used to cheat with.

Note: Two stacks of Rebels are near me, and they never move…ever…they are stuck. But I’m already kind of far into it, so…

Note: Also, not all of it follows the game, but the base of it does.

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/Vendayn/Total%20War/ecd482bc.jpg

Barrae was sitting in a Tavern in his newly conquered town called Ictis. His plan was to unite all of southern England. He realized the town was ruled by some tyrant as everyone welcomed and thanked him for uniting the town to his rule. He had a few other battles that conquered other towns, although he liked Ictis. Barrae glanced around the room; the Tavern was empty except him, innkeeper and his bodyguards.

Barrae glanced at reports of a town just north of a town he conquered that had many defenders. Barrae laughed as he knew numbers meant nothing. Although still, his force was too spread out at it was already. Then again the Gods were with him. Two Generals appeared to be lost or trapped as they never move from their encampment. Actually, all they did was sleep. Barrae said, “Messenger, get here now!” His messenger quickly entered the tavern and said, “Yes…what is it now?” Barrae replied, “What’s the latest on our diplomat? I haven’t received word on any trade or alliances signed. We need at least a few allies for our plan to succeed, won’t need them later anyways.” The messenger said, “Err, well. No word has been sent sir.” Barrae growled and smashed his hand on the table breaking it in half. The messenger quickly left back to his post, as he was also partly a scout.

The Innkeeper looked over and said, “Yet another table from another supposed leader. I’m not buying for another one you know.” Barrae looked in his pouch and threw a few coins towards the Innkeeper and walked out, bodyguards following.

The messenger said, “Here is your horse sir, already ready.” Barrae glanced over, “Druidic powers should be less obvious seen to others. Now, we must go back to our capital city. We are too far from reinforcements and no one will get past our fort to attack this place.” Most of it he was saying to himself.

The large sized group of bodyguards, large enough to be an army alone, grumbled about how they really should get horses and not chariots. Barrae said, “The Gods have spoken to me. We use Chariots, not what our brethren use. We are more advanced.” The group met no trouble the rest of the way to the capital city.

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/Vendayn/Total%20War/fbc6de8d.jpg

A spy watched Barrae from afar. The spy’s first notice was the messenger who followed with him. Another figure appeared behind the spy and said, “A messenger, nothing less, nothing more. Ah, yes I see you want to fight now. No, they are far from our lands. That Diplomat of theirs is a waste. Why send one so far. Still, that Diplomat will be a threat that must be rid of. We know these lands now, let us get back on our ship and leave and hope these bloody awful natives stop attacking us. They are like flies attacking our ships…don’t stop bothering you. The spy replied, “Yes sire. Consider the Diplomat killed already.”

The Chariots rumbled through the forest tracks. Anything the small army could ambush would have heard them from across the continent. Barrae stopped at an open area in the forest. It had a small shrine and food lay around. The Messenger glanced at the Bodyguards and said, “Eat. Don’t need you dying of hunger.” The Messenger returned by the side of Barrae and looked at the map he drew. The Messenger said, “Many Rebels on our land. They have large forces…” Barrae interrupted him, “Large or not, they will die. If that means hiring mercenaries and slowly withering them away…they will be gone.” The Messenger replied, “Mercenaries m’lord? I wouldn’t trust them if my life depended on it. Besides, they seem to run off right when we start to win or begin to lose.” Barrae brushed it aside and said, “And the lands off this continent. We can go straight to glory instead of spreading, conquer a town at a time and take Rome itself! If it isn’t then be sure that it does…then my heir will. But I want it done.”

The Messenger sighed and said, “No one as been able to take Rome. Impossible!” Barrae said, “Not with a Druid.” He grinned. The Druid did not say anything more about the subject and went to join the Bodyguards. One of the Bodyguards suddenly jumped up and screamed out, “Ambush!”

A small group of Rebels was just outside of the woods; one accidentally broke the silence, luckily for Barrae.

General Barrae had time to get on his Chariots, along with a few other units that joined that were behind chased by the Rebels. Barrae crashed through one of the heavy infantry lines. They scattered and the whole lot of Rebels went insane and ran away like baby chickens.

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/Vendayn/Total%20War/3139c081.jpg

The messenger watched from his spot. The Rebels were quickly losing.

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/Vendayn/Total%20War/89862414.jpg

Soon after the Bodyguard announced it a victory. The Bodyguard who was a commander said, “Lucky we stayed. It appears this group of Rebels as been ravaging the countryside. We even captured their tower.

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/Vendayn/Total%20War/068c64ef.jpg

Barrae said, “We will, leave the bodies here. We leave.” The Bodyguard said, “But…sir. It is respectful to…” Barrae glanced up and smacked the Bodyguard, “Don’t tell me what to do. We leave the bodies here. But if you wish, burn them and catch up with the rest of us.”

(End of part one)

I hope you like it. This is my first ever AAR.

Jarardo
09-05-2006, 11:57
Yes, good stuff! I liked the way it was written. :balloon2:

Wardo
09-05-2006, 13:09
I like it. :2thumbsup: