PDA

View Full Version : EB unit cards and unit info

Aristophanes
09-09-2006, 19:04
Anyone know an easier way of accessing them than using the pak extractor? I haven't been able to get the Vercingetorix's extractor to work on my computer...I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but the end result is that it limits my ability to play around with EB and tweak.

I'd greatly appreciate some assistance with this.

iberus_generalis
09-10-2006, 01:29
i've tryed solving this issue too, but after unpack the files, i couldn't find no files relating to EB anywhere...maybe they are hidden files, dunno, but my pc can't get acess to none of them, except a few files, but none of ui, models, skins nothing....

Aristophanes
09-10-2006, 08:49
I wonder if anybody in the EB modding community could help us out...

I posted this question at the twcenter forum for EB with similar success:wall:. So, I'm wondering if they aren't keen on releasing this information. One would think that someone would at least communicate that to us, rather than let us figure it out for ourselves after painful days waiting for some sort of response.

iberus_generalis
09-10-2006, 11:10
and i tottaly compreend their policy, it's their work, they do with it what they want...sad is that i cannot try to correct some of the glitchs myself for my own install...

Foot
09-10-2006, 16:07
I just can't remember where we packed it. All our units start with ebunit. Also you will need to edit xpak slightly as the current .bat doesn't unpack the UI paks.

Edit:Patch_1 I believe. So you'll need to edit the .bat file.

Foot

Aristophanes
09-10-2006, 17:44
Thanks foot!! Now, how would we go about editing the bat file or xpac in order to access those files?

Epistolary Richard
09-10-2006, 18:00
Right click on the bat file and click 'edit'.

Aristophanes
09-11-2006, 07:40
Right click on the bat file and click 'edit'.

And what would I edit it to...if I wanted to unpack unit cards?

Epistolary Richard
09-11-2006, 08:40
You see there is a listing of files in the bat? You need to add patch_1.pak to the end of both lines.

Aristophanes
09-11-2006, 18:59
You see there is a listing of files in the bat? You need to add patch_1.pak to the end of both lines.

Thank you very much. You've been exceedingly helpful. Kudos to foot too!

Nestor
09-18-2006, 05:33
If you unpack in the packs folder you'll unpack everything. I prefer to unpack only the EB related files. So you can 1)copy patch_1.pak to a new folder, 2)copy the xpak files there, 3)edit the .bat as previously posted and 4)run the edited .bat.

This way you'll only get the EB files.

Epistolary Richard
09-18-2006, 20:07
Or you can just edit the .bat file to only unpack the patch_1.pak file.

Hephaistion
10-11-2006, 16:09
Thank you so much, Epistolary Richard and Foot! I've been pulling my hair out all morning just trying to find the EB unit models so that I can incorporate the creme of the crop into my own mod! I unpacked everything ... and didn't notice that the xpack didn't unpack patch_1.pak!

Now all is well ...