View Full Version : Unexpected Total War with legion mini mod

Caius
09-10-2006, 20:47
Hi!

I'm Caius Flaminius and I am making a mini-mod:
Unexpected Total Wars, a mini mod who contains:
-New mercenaries
-ZoR (Zone of Recuitmen) troops
-The replace The House of Julii,Brutii,Scipii and the SPQR for The Unificated Senate and People of Rome
-The repleace of The Greek Cities,Macedon,Thrace and The Seleucid Empire for The Greek People
-The repleace of Gaul, Britania, Germania and Spain for The Barbarians
-Alliance between Carthage and Numidia at the start
-The change the amount of start denarii to 0
-The change the armyies, all armies are now complete(full stacks)
-The change the IA for ALL the factions, who make all the factions different in the way of play
-changed the brigands and the pirates rate to 100
-All faction are in war(at the exception of Carthage and Numidia)
This mod is in construction.

Caius

Roman_Man#3
09-10-2006, 22:55
sounds like an interesting mod, good luck:2thumbsup:

Caius
09-11-2006, 01:38
Yes, it is because you need conquer for win new territories for make denarii, if you got too much troops you are going to the bankrupt!

Caius
09-11-2006, 03:16
And one thing!
All units starts with 3 experience, and they have much better weapons

UltraWar
09-11-2006, 16:47
That's Dacia screwed :2thumbsup:

Caius
10-10-2006, 16:48
This mod stills in construction.

I'm having a CTD,and i cantfix it.

anybody can help me?

Roman_Man#3
10-10-2006, 20:55
what have you changed so far? if you narrow down the playing field, the ctd will be much easier to find and fix!

Caius
10-11-2006, 00:21
I was changing everything, I unificated the Romans and the Greeks, but I dont know where is the problem!

Roman_Man#3
10-11-2006, 01:14
did you change everything for the mod? what had you changed before the ctd started? do you even remember the last thing you changed?

Caius
10-30-2006, 19:15
Back.

Thanks to the help of the Trivium Independent Map Editor i can see where is the error.

roman_man#3:See my Pm.

Roman_Man#3
11-06-2006, 01:55
ok. the roman armies as well as the egyptian armies have been made into full stacks. the roman armies are based off typical legions. we still have yet to unite the barbarians. we will add more mercenaries to the game, and add 2 new units to the barbarian roster, maybe more. any feedback?

edit: oh, and iberia will now be carthage as ways of culture go, while dacia will take the place of spain in the major BARBARIAN faction.

Roman_Man#3
11-07-2006, 02:30
update time: all factions now have full stack armies with the exception the barbarians, armenia, numidia, and scythia. i think greek cities will be able to over power any other faction at the beginning of the game. i have changed some things, so now the eastern infantry have more defense and a bit higher morale. while their is a second desert infantry for the numidians, now with phalanx formation, 60 men in each group, and they are more densly packed.
NOTE:

Does anyone have textures for parthian cataphract archers and heavy eastern infantry? we would like to put those in the mod for parthians, but need the skins.

any feed back so far?

ByzantineKnight
11-07-2006, 03:47
Does anyone have textures for parthian cataphract archers and heavy eastern infantry? we would like to put those in the mod for parthians, but need the skins.

any feed back so far?

If you unpack everything in the Data\packs folder you get the textures I think. Use Vercingetorix's Xpak.

It looks cool!!

Caius
11-07-2006, 17:25
New things added to the mod.

Roman_Man#3
11-07-2006, 22:07
If you unpack everything in the Data\packs folder you get the textures I think. Use Vercingetorix's Xpak.

It looks cool!!

i have. but i am unable to load it. it says something like "photo shop cant read cataphract.tga.dds". any help would be appreciated

ByzantineKnight
11-08-2006, 05:15
i have. but i am unable to load it. it says something like "photo shop cant read cataphract.tga.dds". any help would be appreciated

Im not sure about Photoshop but Irfan View can open the files. I think it is freeware, all you have to do is google it.

Good luck

UltraWar
11-08-2006, 18:27
http://www.irfanview.com/

Vuk
11-13-2006, 23:44
Nice mod, I wish you luck.

Caius
11-16-2006, 00:13
Added the mini legion mod.

Roman_Man#3
11-16-2006, 01:57
ok. basically, the legion mini mod, gives the greek citiy states the option of legionaries in regions influenced by roman rule that is controlled by the greeks. if i can figure it out, when a general conquers a roman town, he will get the ancillary or trait of ROMAN LEGIONARY. this trait will give this specific general and any other with the same trait to be able to train roman cohort. i should be able to get the skins. does any one think that the trait and ancillary idea will work/not work? any help will be appretiated. If the trait/ancillary doesnt work, i will make it so these greek legionaries will be able to be trained in areas influenced by roman rule in history.

Vuk
11-16-2006, 12:50
ok. basically, the legion mini mod, gives the greek citiy states the option of legionaries in regions influenced by roman rule that is controlled by the greeks. if i can figure it out, when a general conquers a roman town, he will get the ancillary or trait of ROMAN LEGIONARY. this trait will give this specific general and any other with the same trait to be able to train roman cohort. i should be able to get the skins. does any one think that the trait and ancillary idea will work/not work? any help will be appretiated. If the trait/ancillary doesnt work, i will make it so these greek legionaries will be able to be trained in areas influenced by roman rule in history.

That sounds awesome RM#3. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Roman_Man#3
11-17-2006, 01:26
good news. with the download of the 3dsconvertor2 at TWC, i am now able to edit textures. so now i the texture for the gerek legionary can be done by me.

Caius
11-17-2006, 17:25
good news. with the download of the 3dsconvertor2 at TWC, i am now able to edit textures. so now i the texture for the gerek legionary can be done by me.
Can you send me a link?

Roman_Man#3
11-17-2006, 17:54
to anyone else who wants to use it too:
http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/?mod=362

Roman_Man#3
11-18-2006, 05:57
some more news. changing the campaign map. added thebes to greece.

ps. i dont think we will be changing the size of the mpa yet, maybe in a later version?

Roman_Man#3
11-25-2006, 03:22
ave fellow romans!

the greek city states will be completly reskinned using Kallikratis' HOPLITAI v.1.0. it includes reskinned greek city units (even though they are based on classical greece, i still think they are awesome, and will be using them). with further releases of this mod and his, it will include reskinned units for all the greek cultured factions, and possibly some other factions as well.

We have Belisaire making reskinned romans at the moment, and a showcase in the mod discussion forum for other people who want to have their works in this mod to post at.

We will be releasing a beta provincial campaign which includes the barbs united as the celts, the romans united as the, well, romans, and the greek cultures united as the greek (as if alexander has made an heir and everything went smoothly through the ages), in the next few days, but dont hang tooth and nail to a few days, because something may go horribly wrong, and I HAVE A LIFE!!!!!!!!! it will mainly be a heavily modified descr_strat, and possibly a new map. Maybe a new unit or two, but dont keep your hopes up.

Another provincial campaign will be released, focusing on rome's rise to dominance in italy and immediate areas.

is this keeping anyone interested?

RM3

ps. we will be releasing the main campaign, featuring a campaign map with new provinces (not necessarily a bigger one), new units, and some other features that i will not tell you in hopes the surprise will keep your interest up!

ByzantineKnight
11-25-2006, 04:36
is this keeping anyone interested?
Yes!

Roman_Man#3
12-04-2006, 04:05
hi. not really a big update, but here is two pics of the new syracusans. we know what your gonna say, but RM, those are spartan hoplites, not syracusan hoplites, and we realize that, but bear with us, i assure we will probably make new skins for the syracusans.

https://img214.imageshack.us/img214/7562/0002pw2.jpg

https://img301.imageshack.us/img301/5568/0001us7.jpg

i am getting a ctd when trying to start a campaign, trying to let it work.

Roman_Man#3
12-07-2006, 23:42
another pic of the unifies roman empire. sicilia romanus will be given to the rebels(or the scipii will be renamed the roman rebel like people). Now that i have gotten the hang of it, the provincial campaign will or should be released soon.

https://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9904/0005la4.th.jpg (https://img138.imageshack.us/my.php?image=0005la4.jpg)

the army is also a picture of a standard legion army with a general. armies without generals will be the same without the general (duh), and some armies may not have archers.