PDA

View Full Version : The Thing: The .Org Game [Concluded]

UltraWar
09-12-2006, 17:29
Hello everyone!

I have designed a new game which will be action packed and will make you all shiver with fear.

Description: The game is set in a bleak,remote icy corner of Siberia. There has been some disturbing events happening recently, mostly nothing out of the ordinary but the rest have caused concern. Within the people who live in this small complex, there is a disturbance. There is some slight mutations within 2 of the members of the complex. Their job is to kill off all of the other members of the complex. If they suceed (Thing victory). If the Members win (Worker Victory)

-Post if interested/willing to participate. I am aiming for two of the "thing" workers.

-Once I determine the number of "things" (probably 3 at most) I shal start the game, and not accept any new players. This is because of the remoteness of the complex.

-I will then randomly PM a number of posters and say that they are the "thing". I will also provide these lucky, lucky people with the names of their counterparts in order to ensure that no people infected kill each other. Their job is to PM me every session and give me the name of one user that they wish to "kill."

-Once both of the infected have PM'd me I shall announce the kills to the workers. It is now their job to name the people who they think did it. The most-named people over a span of roughly 24 hours will be tested to see if he is a "thing". If he is not a "thing", he will stay alive. If he is a "thing" he will explode because the testing will be done with a special drug called "Ultraium Waroxide" which causes no effect to normal humans but will kill the "things".

-The infected get more powerful as their numbers dwindle. For instance, if the game started out with three "things" and only one remains, that person will still kill three people in one session. That way you have to be praying you can kill of the thing killing off your comrades.

-If the infected/to be killed ratio does not come out even (for example, four people to be killed but only three mafia members) the remaining infected members will rotate having two kills, alphabetically based. For example, if GeneralHankerchief, Lemur, and Silver_Rusher were left, GeneralHankerchief would get two kills on the first day, then Lemur, then Silver_Rusher. I will NOT remind you about this so stay sharp. (I hope this rule isn't used)

-If two or more infected members select the same person to kill, that will be annoying for that one person. So don't be surprised if Beirut is the only one killed on the first day.

-When you are dead, either having been killed or executed, you no longer can play. You can speculate about who killed you, but that's it. Your vote no longer counts.

-Keep in mind that this is the Gameroom. Just because you were killed is no excuse for going on a flaming rampage. If you feel compelled to do so, I suggest heading on over to the Babe Thread in the Frontroom, which will surely calm you down.

-I will be monitoring the game and giving the members a quote which will help them out in the progress. I will be wearing a business suit and carrying a briefcase during this game so this rule isn't very important but will add to the ironic effect of the game!

Please post if interested. Thanks, and have fun!

Sign-ups:
Silver Rusher
King Henry V
Csar
GeneralHankerchief
Sasaki Kojiro
Orb
Evil_Maniac From Mars
Ignoramus
discovery1
doc_bean

Silver Rusher
09-12-2006, 17:35
Original? Sounds like a Mafia clone with a fundamental change to the rules (the testing thing) to me. Regardless, it sounds like a fun Mafia clone so sign me up!

King Henry V
09-12-2006, 19:34
Sign me up! Though knowing my luck I'll probably be bumped off pretty early.

Orb
09-12-2006, 20:00
*coughmafiacoughnotcoughverycoughoriginalcough*

UltraWar
09-12-2006, 20:10
*coughmafiacoughnotcoughverycoughoriginalcough*
Bad Cough Orb?

Csargo
09-12-2006, 20:16
Ill play

GeneralHankerchief
09-12-2006, 20:20
Looks a lot like the rules for Mafia I if you ask me.

But I'll still play. :laugh4:

UltraWar
09-12-2006, 20:26
Using the Mafia gaming system is easier than creating one from scratch. It also is more easier to understand. :2thumbsup:

Sasaki Kojiro
09-12-2006, 21:16
Sign me up.

Orb
09-12-2006, 22:01
I'll grudgingly sign up.

Silver Rusher
09-12-2006, 22:36
Using the Mafia gaming system is easier than creating one from scratch. It also is more easier to understand. :2thumbsup:
Then why did you say you designed your game and it is new and original?

Sasaki Kojiro
09-12-2006, 22:46
It couldn't have been sarcasm.

Evil_Maniac From Mars
09-12-2006, 23:54
Looks interesting, I'm up.

Reverend Joe
09-13-2006, 00:55
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

"Who Goes there: The Game!"

http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~vampire/thing/pic-comicpg4.jpg

:laugh4:

(Nah, not interested.)

Ignoramus
09-13-2006, 04:15
I'll play.

discovery1
09-13-2006, 04:20
Sign me up.

Silver Rusher
09-13-2006, 18:28
BTW:

There is one flaw in the game's rules that I can see becoming a problem pretty early on. When you vote for people, they will be tested but won't die, and so effectively they will be proven innocent. If somebody is proven innocent, they are a huge target for the 'things' and will be murdered in the next round without exception (if the mafia aren't stupid, that is). Just a thought.

UltraWar
09-13-2006, 18:31
BTW:

There is one flaw in the game's rules that I can see becoming a problem pretty early on. When you vote for people, they will be tested but won't die, and so effectively they will be proven innocent. If somebody is proven innocent, they are a huge target for the 'things' and will be murdered in the next round without exception (if the mafia aren't stupid, that is). Just a thought.

That is not a flaw... it is a feature! :2thumbsup:

Silver Rusher
09-13-2006, 18:40
All I'm saying is that there is no point in the people who are proven innocent by the tests staying alive simply because they will die the next turn anyway.

Kommodus
09-14-2006, 17:55
All I'm saying is that there is no point in the people who are proven innocent by the tests staying alive simply because they will die the next turn anyway.

Yes, but if they were automatically executed when tested, then the Things would be able to kill other people on their next turn, so the population would die faster. The way UltraWar has set it up, the testing procedure does help the uninfected. I'm sure he'll balance this by making the Things compose a larger percentage of the original population.

Csargo
09-14-2006, 22:16
When do we start?

doc_bean
09-15-2006, 15:59
sign me up scotty, errrrr... UltraWar

UltraWar
09-15-2006, 16:05
Everyone ready to start or should I wait for more people to join?

Silver Rusher
09-15-2006, 17:42
Given the way the rules work it would probably be best to start with this amount.

UltraWar
09-15-2006, 18:51
Game Closed to any new players:dancinglock:

------------
Siberia, 2006

The workers at the complex were working like it was another day. Something was going to change.

Today, they were having a break as it there was not much demand for any of the items of machinary that they make. Suddenly, there was a clattering on the metallic floor and out from the darkness the administrator appeared. The administatore wore a business suit and was carrying a briefcase with him. He was a little withheld but no one crossed him. He had a slightly disturbed face like he had saw a ghost but that was not unusual for him.

"Friends, Workers, .Org Members! There is something unusual going about. It seems that there has been a outbreak of the substance known as "Beruitio Axium". It seems to have infected one of you!"

There were horrified faces everywhere. Any of their comrades could be a "thing". It was just a matter of time before they were doomed to die.

"The only way to kill this foul thing is to test it with "Ultraium Waroxide" which causes the substance "Beruitio Axium to explode! That is all I have to say"

The administrator then walked off leaving the workers in amazement

---------------

There will now be only one "thing" and it kills off the workers one by one. I will now select the "thing". This rule should balance out the gameplay and add to the intensity of survival.

UltraWar
09-15-2006, 20:40
The worker walked around for a few hours in the biting cold. Och, he missed the Frontroom at times like this. But he could never return there now. Stupid idea to work on translating the ancient language of the Siberian Orgahs. He wondered who this 'Thing' was.

He turned around to place a cold hand on his head. Why couldn't he feel it? Was it some accustom to the cold? He returned to his room depressed - how long he had been in this corner of the cold and now he couldn't go back because of the monsters here.

The Thing woke up, alert as a cat. It opened the door slowly, before turning back to pick up the gun all expedition members were given. He suddenly had some compulsion to run out of the door, so he did. Now, where was the gate? Ah, yes, they'd installed a new security guard: Sasaki Kojiro with a harpoon launcher.

It threw up the gate and Sasaki demanded ‘Halt! Who goes there?’. The Thing ignored him and kept running. Was that a curtain it had over its head? He fired the gun two times in quick succession, the first struck the snow, the second went above his head. He aimed once more and the harpoon went straight into its back. There was a hole in the sheet as it kept running, but the harpoon lay in the snow. He wished they’d allowed him to put some Ultraium Waroxide on the harpoons first.

Never mind, it was out of range. Still, no-one was working at the moment.

Unfortunately for discovery1, someone definitely was. He’d gone back to the site to locate his AMWs, which he’d smuggled in earlier. He was just working the radar launch screen. He put an extra charge pack into the side of his AMW launcher and went back to the keyboard. Typing furiously, he entered the secret launch codes and primed the missile. His finger moved towards the button ‘F’. There was a loud bang. Then another loud bang. Then yet another. Disco1 fell to the ground dead, with one bullet in his head and two more through his chest.

His last words were heard by the thing: ‘Muck Fichigan.’
‘Good idea.’ It replied. It entered the coordinates and pressed the F button.

Several hours later, after the Thing had crept back inside, the worker woke up. He turned on the radio ‘Several anti-Michigan missiles were fired this morning. Someone suggests that the firer confused latitude and longitude.’

The worker walked back to another day of drudgery.

---------------------------------------------------

The Administrator called up all the workers unexpectically...

"Workers, it seems that Discovery1 has been found dead after going off for a coffee break. The body was found winching in pain and had one bullet to the head and two bullets to the chest. Please do not drink the coffee. It is now erm...not safe to drink and has been quarantined."

At this, the workers spit out their coffee onto the rough frozen floor.

"I will be having to giving you news at a certain time so please keep alert. I have got the Ultraium Waroxide ready so please start voting."

Alive:

Silver Rusher
King Henry V
Csar
GeneralHankerchief
Sasaki Kojiro
Orb
Evil_Maniac From Mars
Ignoramus
doc_bean

Dead: :skull:

discovery1

Sasaki Kojiro
09-15-2006, 21:07
Vote:Silver Rusher because he seems like someone who would kill off disco first round.

Orb
09-15-2006, 21:31
Well, the only way we find out is testing:

Vote: Silver_Rusher

Csargo
09-15-2006, 21:43
GeneralHankerchief

GeneralHankerchief
09-15-2006, 22:04
Well, I'd say Sasaki but he was pretty much proven innocent.

Vote: Csar

A frequent chatter, and thus knows of Disco's hatred of Michigan. Let's end this game early, gentlemen.

King Henry V
09-15-2006, 22:07
Yes, my vote goes to Csar as well.

Silver Rusher
09-15-2006, 22:13
What the heck. Vote: Csar

Orb
09-15-2006, 22:25
There are nine of us, so this vote should be get this out of the way quickly - we need more clues. With nine of us against 1 mafia and we don't kill villagers in executions we stand a pretty damn good chance.

Unvote: SR

UltraWar
09-15-2006, 22:28
There are nine of us, so this vote should be get this out of the way quickly - we need more clues. With nine of us against 1 mafia and we don't kill villagers in executions we stand a pretty damn good chance.

Unvote: SR
It's not mafia... it's a "thing"

Orb
09-15-2006, 22:43
Oops! But with 5 votes, I hasten to point out that the testing is due!

Csar, the time of your doom is nigh! Or not, as the case may be.

Csargo
09-16-2006, 03:44
You all just wasted a test. Well your loss. I will laugh in all your faces when I don't die.

Csargo
09-16-2006, 03:46
Well, I'd say Sasaki but he was pretty much proven innocent.

A frequent chatter, and thus knows of Disco's hatred of Michigan. Let's end this game early, gentlemen.

General just incriminated himself because he is a frequent chatter and Disco's hatred of Michigan.:laugh4:

GeneralHankerchief
09-16-2006, 05:27
Right, see, except I actually gave a reason along with an initial vote, which kind of gives me a bit more credibility.

Evil_Maniac From Mars
09-16-2006, 06:08
What the heck.

doc_bean
09-16-2006, 09:37
bandwagon !

vote: Csar

UltraWar
09-16-2006, 10:08
The Administrator rounded up all the workers into the lab.

"So Csar, you seem to have been voted to be tested to make sure that you are not the thing."

Csar was looking cool and didn't mind at all. The administrator plunged the needle containing "Ultraium Waroxide" and then watched the effects.

Nothing Happened

"Everyone, Csar is not the "Thing". This means it is still out there. Get back to work now."

Votes:
Csar: 5 votes
GeneralHankerchief: 1 vote
Silver Rusher: 1 vote

Alive:

Silver Rusher
King Henry V
GeneralHankerchief
Sasaki Kojiro
Orb
Evil_Maniac From Mars
Ignoramus
doc_bean

Tested:

Csar

Dead:

discovery1

UltraWar
09-16-2006, 14:48
The Thing woke up, agitated as ever. Sasaki Kojiro watched as the curtain slowly approached. Well, at least after the last time they had given him a four-barrel automatic harpoon launcher turret with Ultraium Waroxide bolts. He pressed the fire button and waited for a few seconds. The curtain stopped moving. He got off his automatic harpoon launcher and went to check at the body, drawing his pistol out just in case…

He looked under the curtain and there was nothing. He looked around. ‘Who’s the monster?’ He span around and reflexively fired into the night. ‘Who shot at who without warning?’ He fired again. ‘Who is about to die horribly?’. He turned to look at his turret and saw the Thing behind it. ‘Isn’t it lucky you only programmed it to fire at curtains?’ Sasaki gulped. ‘Aren’t you standing on one?’

The Thing pressed the trigger and walked back to its room. Sasaki was riddled by bolts.

-----------------------------------------------------

The Administrator called up all the workers for another meeting...

"Workers, it seems that Sasaki has been discovered dead and I'm glad that I didn't bother giving him real Ultraium Waroxide because it would be a waste. I gave him Toilet Duck."

At this, the workers were feeling a little uneasy but were finding it funny that Sasaki was armed with something that he thought was something else.

"We need to test another one of you again. I will give you a quote now"

At this the Administrator got out a piece of paper....

"All that glitters ain't gold"

Alive:

Silver Rusher
King Henry V
GeneralHankerchief
Orb
Evil_Maniac From Mars
Ignoramus
doc_bean

Tested:

Csar

Dead:

discovery1
Sasaki Kojiro

Silver Rusher
09-16-2006, 14:54
Vote: Ignoramus for the chop test!

GeneralHankerchief
09-16-2006, 16:13
"All that glitters ain't gold"

Hmm...

*goes down the list*

Orb, possibly. I could have sworn it was Csar. As for now though my suspicions from the clue are Orb and King Henry V.

Vote: Orb

Orb
09-16-2006, 16:34
May I ask why?

GeneralHankerchief
09-16-2006, 16:37
Going by the clue. The only possible things that can glitter are you or KHV's crown.

Long shot, I know. But you do have that sadistic sense of humor to kill off Disco in the first round, Grand Vizier.

EDIT: Crap, how could I miss Silver Rusher? :wall:

Unvote: Orb
Vote: Silver Rusher

Orb
09-16-2006, 16:46
Ultra, you kept Sasaki in the alive section.

@ General

Still, why would any Thing want to kill Disco? He'd waste all his votes on anyone from Michigan.

Vote: Henry V - well, why not?

As soon as someone's proven innocent, they die, so we may as well not give the Thing the option of killing off Hankie or someone else.

I almost pity this Thing, he has worse than a 1.3:1 chance of getting knocked off by a random vote system - without the clues or known innocents being counted.

Silver Rusher
09-16-2006, 17:28
I think I will Unvote: Ignoramus and Vote: King Henry V.

In this game, killing somebody who wasn't proven innocent by investigation is purely foolish. It simply increases the chance that you are going to be tested, by reducing the number of people who it is possible to test early on. Now, either there is a particularly foolish member here or what we are looking for is somebody inexperienced at this sort of game. Either that, or this is deception at the highest level by an experienced player of the game.

EDIT: Actually, I think killing a non-tested person would make the game near impossible to win. I will do some mathematic calculations now and report back.

EDIT2: Yep, I was right. The Thing will now have to kill off 6 people in order to win and we will only have to test 7 to win indefinitely. We also have the advantage in that we get to test first, now. Basically, our chances of winning are anywhere between 6/7 and definite victory. Unless I have made some kind of mistake here.

Orb
09-16-2006, 18:13
Well, our chances of winning are obscene anyway. I don't really think we can lose this. Especially with some new clues being thrown out.

Csargo
09-16-2006, 19:43
GeneralHankerchief

Orb
09-16-2006, 19:47
Interesting, why are you voting for the General?

King Henry V
09-16-2006, 22:20
Come on, it's not me! The clue points to silver rusher! It's ten times more obvious.:embarassed: :help:

Silver Rusher
09-17-2006, 00:09
Would UW make really make the clue that obvious, thus ending the game in the second round?

And would I screw up my chances of winning so badly? (see above)

I don't think so.

EDIT: Btw, Silver doesn't glitter. A crown would have jewels, however, which would.

Csargo
09-17-2006, 00:18
Interesting, why are you voting for the General?

Revenge. Its his fault I got injected with that crap it hurts.:laugh4:

King Henry V
09-17-2006, 09:31
Would UW make really make the clue that obvious, thus ending the game in the second round?

And would I screw up my chances of winning so badly? (see above)

I don't think so.

EDIT: Btw, Silver doesn't glitter. A crown would have jewels, however, which would.
Yeah, that's what you want us to to think.

Silver Rusher
09-17-2006, 10:28
Exactly why are you so eager not to be tested?

King Henry V
09-17-2006, 16:32
Doesn't that mean I get bumped off?

Silver Rusher
09-17-2006, 17:01
Doesn't that mean I get bumped off?
Oh, so you are the thing. :inquisitive:

King Henry V
09-17-2006, 17:36
No, what I mean is that doesn't getting tested means you get shoved off the game, positive or negative?

Dutch_guy
09-17-2006, 18:08
No, what I mean is that doesn't getting tested means you get shoved off the game, positive or negative?

Negative, you are however a prime target for the mafia once and if you're tested as an innocent.

:balloon2:

King Henry V
09-17-2006, 20:09
OK, well go ahead vote for me. I'm not afraid of being tested. But so long as Silver Rusher and Orb go first.

Silver Rusher
09-17-2006, 20:21
Come on guys, only 4 people have voted so far! :help: Don't you care about this game?

Orb
09-17-2006, 20:27
KHV hasn't voted yet.

King Henry V
09-17-2006, 20:51
Well I say Silver Rusher.

Orb
09-17-2006, 21:01
KHV seems too defensive to me, so I'll stick with voting for him.

Evil_Maniac From Mars
09-18-2006, 01:41

Must a King wear a crown?

Orb
09-18-2006, 18:00
On another ground noone's tried, wouldn't a general carry a sword?

And could it be a false clue to throw us all off the mafia?

Csargo
09-18-2006, 21:18
I've said General for the last round and voted for him again. A General also has shiny medals and such.

doc_bean
09-19-2006, 09:27
vote:doc_bean

I can prove I'm not guilty !

Ignoramus
09-19-2006, 11:31
I can prove I'm not guilty !

Except that the "Thing" will kill you.

Silver Rusher
09-19-2006, 17:56
Oh for God's sake...

I provide flawless logic for why you should vote for somebody who is CLEARLY acting the most suspicious and you guys are going for me based on a vague clue which could mean anything.

I have heard Ultra making references to my gold haired face in the chat (or was it the Godfather thread? Can't remember) so that could be it.

That thing is gonna get me now... however, if you test KHV the thing won't be getting anybody anymore.

I will leave you with this. If KHV is tested and isn't the the thing, then vote for me by all means. Just don't vote for me this round, test him instead.

GeneralHankerchief
09-19-2006, 20:30
Fine.

But you're next.

Unvote: Silver Rusher
Vote: King Henry V

King Henry V
09-19-2006, 21:01
OK, can we get on with the vote?

UltraWar
09-19-2006, 21:44
The Administrator rounded up all the workers into the lab.

"So King Henry V, you seem to have been voted to be tested to make sure that you are not the thing. I would say that there has been some peculiar behaviour from you."

King Henry V was looking tense and couldn't stay focused at all. The administrator plunged the needle containing "Ultraium Waroxide" and then watched the effects.

Nothing Happened

"Everyone, King Henry V is not the "Thing". This means it is still out there. Get back to work now."

Just then, King Henry V fell to the floor dead.

"Somebody has been tampering with the needle. That person shall have no mercy shown to him as I know who it is. So do they."

Everyone was looking around at each other when the administrator took out a colt .44.

"I might have fired 5 or 6 bullets from this pistol. In the excitement earlier, I just can't remember. Are you feeling lucky, PUNK?"

The gun was pointed at Silver Rusher and he was trembling so much that he wet himself.

"I would say that you are feeling the pressure already."

Silver Rusher tried to run away as fast as he could but the administrator was a deadly aim and shot Silver Rusher in the back of the head.

"He got what he deserved. Now go back to work!"

Votes:

King Henry V - 3 votes :skull:
Silver Rusher - 2 votes :rifle:
doc_bean - 1 vote
Generalhankerchief - 1 vote

Alive:

GeneralHankerchief
Orb
Evil_Maniac From Mars
Ignoramus
doc_bean

Tested:

Csar

Dead:

discovery1
Silver Rusher
King Henry V
Sasaki Kojiro

Csargo
09-19-2006, 21:55
GH again.

Silver Rusher
09-19-2006, 21:56
:inquisitive:

Can somebody tell me why I just died?

Csargo
09-19-2006, 22:18
You sabotaged the needle

Ignoramus
09-20-2006, 02:23
UltraWar, please explain.

King Henry V
09-20-2006, 08:29
You bastards! See, I wasn't the thing. If only you would have listened :wall: . Anyway, at least Silver Rusher is dead. The second one must Orb.

Orb
09-20-2006, 11:37
So, why are they dead?

Csargo
09-20-2006, 13:21
"Somebody has been tampering with the needle. That person shall have no mercy shown to him as I know who it is. So do they."

Everyone was looking around at each other when the administrator took out a colt .44.

"I might have fired 5 or 6 bullets from this pistol. In the excitement earlier, I just can't remember. Are you feeling lucky, PUNK?"

The gun was pointed at Silver Rusher and he was trembling so much that he wet himself.

"I would say that you are feeling the pressure already."

Silver Rusher tried to run away as fast as he could but the administrator was a deadly aim and shot Silver Rusher in the back of the head.

It says it all right there SR tampered with the needle so the Administrator shot him.

Silver Rusher
09-20-2006, 13:50
No, Csar, you do not understand.

This is an example of poor game hosting. I will bet you anything that this has only happened because of what I said about the game being too much in favour of the workers. If you told me that UltraWar chose me randomly at the beginning and decided that that particular area of the story would come to me, I would laugh in your face. Apparently, not only trying to play the game properly (statistical analysis etc.) but also helping the game (this was obviously a direct result of my comments about the workers' chances of winning) gets you killed around here. Basically, I would bet you anything that it was done out of spite. Sorry, I wouldn't have posted this if I wasn't so pissed off at my spiteful killing-by-moderator but it is true.

Orb
09-20-2006, 13:59
Hm... I actually think that you and Henry would be dead anyway after testings, but that would be a bit more useful to us workers. Still, this is something that could have gone a bit smoother if the Thing were given the option of two kills instead.

Silver Rusher
09-20-2006, 14:08
Hm... I actually think that you and Henry would be dead anyway after testings, but that would be a bit more useful to us workers. Still, this is something that could have gone a bit smoother if the Thing were given the option of two kills instead.
I agree, if the Thing could kill two this game could probably work quite well.

UltraWar
09-20-2006, 16:41
The thing still needs to strike so be ready

Csargo
09-21-2006, 02:03
No, Csar, you do not understand.

This is an example of poor game hosting. I will bet you anything that this has only happened because of what I said about the game being too much in favour of the workers. If you told me that UltraWar chose me randomly at the beginning and decided that that particular area of the story would come to me, I would laugh in your face. Apparently, not only trying to play the game properly (statistical analysis etc.) but also helping the game (this was obviously a direct result of my comments about the workers' chances of winning) gets you killed around here. Basically, I would bet you anything that it was done out of spite. Sorry, I wouldn't have posted this if I wasn't so pissed off at my spiteful killing-by-moderator but it is true.

Yeah sorry I misunderstood what you were saying. I don't know why he did it but he can do is explain his actions.:sweatdrop:

UltraWar
09-24-2006, 09:53
The villager walked home. What a dramatic day it had been! Who'd have thought that Silver_Rusher would poison the needle?

He leaned against the wall for a moment to relax and... the Thing woke up.

The Thing knew that Silver_Rusher wouldn't poison the needle. It chuckled to itself. There wasn't anyone in the world except one target.

General Hankerchief, continuing from his Segestica experiment, was working out his plan to take the Siberian research facility to the largest city in the world. Everyone needed a hobby.

There was a creak as the door opened. The General turned around to see the Thing enter. He got up from his chair and drew his pistol. The Thing's hand moved like a whirlwind. There was a single shot sounding throughout the hallway.

The Thing stood triumphant, holding a smoking pistol. The black hat faded back into its shapeless features. General Hankerchief lay on the floor of his room, his stomach bleeding out onto the synthetic floorboards.

'You obviously spend too much time playing Rome: Total War and organising Mafia games and not enough watching Westerns.'

But GH wasn't done yet, he picked up the gladius he'd stashed under the holographic floorboards secretly and then charged at the thing. He was promptly roundhouse kicked in the face.

He stared from the flat of his back to see the godly features of Chuck Norris on the face of the Thing.

It returned to formlessness again. A second shot was heard, and it left the room.

---------------------------------
The administrator pressed the alarm, wasn't it lucky he installed the new noise pollution reducers in the hallways? Otherwise the shots would have woken everyone up.

"Everyone, It seems that General Hankerchief has been killed by roundhouse kick."

At this, the workers were laughing a bit but were were worried about the Thing Being alive.

"We need to test another one of you again. I will give you another quote now"

At this the Administrator got out a piece of paper....

"Quick decisions are unsafe decisions"

Alive:

Orb
Evil_Maniac From Mars
Ignoramus
doc_bean

Tested:

Csar

Dead:

discovery1
Silver Rusher
King Henry V
Sasaki Kojiro
GeneralHankerchief :skull:

GeneralHankerchief
09-24-2006, 15:13
Ok, I know who it is.

Too bad I can't tell you all now. :no:

Csargo
09-24-2006, 17:02
Doc-Bean

Orb
09-24-2006, 17:17
Why doc_bean? Admittedly he seems to have kept a low profile - which would be necessary for a Thing when he can't defend himself on the grounds he'll die when voted for.

So, until I find a better candidate:

Vote: Doc_Bean

doc_bean
09-24-2006, 18:26
vote: Ignoramus

Hey, it's not me and I don't have a clue who else it is, and I'll get tested anyway, so i just picked someone ad random ! :oops:

Ignoramus
09-24-2006, 22:24
Typical reaction of the guilty party.

vote: Doc_bean

doc_bean
09-25-2006, 09:05
It's not like I can prove my innocence here. :help:

Ronin
09-25-2006, 09:19
http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/universal_pictures/the_thing/kurt_russell/thing4.jpg
I just wanna get up to my shack and get drunk...

ups....just noticed the game is closed for new entries....

I wanna be in the next round!!!

Why don't we just wait here for a little while... see what happens? ...................................................................................:2thumbsup:

Csargo
09-26-2006, 02:21
Vote changed to EMFM

King Henry V
09-26-2006, 17:02
A faint whisper is heard in the wind
It is Orb, I tell you......

Orb
09-26-2006, 19:54
Brilliant use of logic to back up your point, whisper in the wind.

Could we have a test now, since EMFM doesn't seem to be voting?

Evil_Maniac From Mars
09-27-2006, 00:37
Vote: Doc_Bean

UltraWar
09-28-2006, 15:47
The Administrator rounded up all the remaining workers into the conferance room.

"It seems that we could have a situation on our hands."

The workers listened with intrest.

"We need at least 3 of you workers to survive, if any lower, the Thing has won"

"Why?" called the workers.

"We will need to evacuate this place as soon as possible and the thing is killing off everyone here and this place is falling apart"

"Let's go now!" cried the workers

"That would work but 4 people is the minimum amount of people that can pilot the plane, any less and there would be no use on going. We must get rid of the Thing first though. The Thing has stolen the airplane keys so without them, we are grounded"

Doc_Bean was frightened and developed a wet mark around his groin. The administrator plunged the needle containing "Ultraium Waroxide" and then watched the effects.

Nothing Happened

"Everyone, Doc_Bean is not the "Thing". This means it is still out there. Get back to work now."

Votes:

doc_bean - 4 votes
Ignoramus - 2 votes

Alive:

Orb
Evil_Maniac From Mars
Ignoramus

Tested:

Csar
doc_bean

Dead:

discovery1
Silver Rusher
King Henry V
Sasaki Kojiro
GeneralHankerchief

doc_bean
09-28-2006, 19:01
Ha! Told you so !

Orb
09-29-2006, 20:56
Well, since a kill hasn't come in yet (Ultra, has the Thing not pmed you), I'll voice my suspicions:

Csar is innocent. I'm not completely certain about Ignoramus.

But EMFM hasn't posted much at all, he only cast a vote after I mentioned it.

This would seem to me like the perfect Thing survival strategy. Up until now (where we have to be very careful about the testing), the Thing can't say that his testing will be bad to the villagers and can't defend himself if people bandwagon him

I think that EMFM is the Thing.

Still, I want to hear everyone elses' suspicions and his defence. We need to think very carefully if we're gonna pull this back.

UltraWar
09-29-2006, 21:53
The Worker fell into another fit of depression. He was damn exhausted, and this Siberian Winter didn't help. What were these on the floor? Were those keys? Hey, they looked like shuttle keys!

He picked them up and started walking; and suddenly, he fell asleep.

The Thing woke up, he shuffled around and decided where to go. The shapeless form slipped into doc_bean's room. He saw it enter, wearing a sheet. He pulled out his pistol and fired three shots at it.

No effect. He fired three more. No effect.

'Not very accurate, are we?' The Thing was latched onto the roof above his head. The sheet hung, floating and holey above his door.

It dropped down and turned into Zidane before headbutting him through the wall.

----------------------
"Everyone, It seems that doc_bena has been killed by Zidane."

At this, the workers were laughing a bit but were were worried about the Zidane Being alive.

"We need to test another one of you again. I will give you another quote now"

The Administrator muttered these words under his breath:

"Hopefully the Thing kills off the workers so that I can get out of here without any interuptions from the workers. Good work *muffled*! You are doing your job as planned."

Alive:

Orb
Evil_Maniac From Mars
Ignoramus

Tested:

Csar

Dead:

discovery1
Silver Rusher
King Henry V
Sasaki Kojiro
GeneralHankerchief
doc_bean :skull:

Csargo
09-29-2006, 22:47
emfm

Orb
09-29-2006, 22:51
I'm going to Vote:EMFM for now.

His strategy seems too easy for a Thing to get away with.

Ignoramus
09-30-2006, 01:43
Vote: EMFM

doc_bean
09-30-2006, 08:30
There is no Thing

Orb
09-30-2006, 10:52
Well, could we have a test? EMFM has three votes and hasn't defended himself, and I can't think that Ig. is the Thing.

Evil_Maniac From Mars
09-30-2006, 18:47
Vote: Orb

UltraWar
09-30-2006, 18:55
The Administrator rounded up all the remaining workers into the bomb shelter.

"It seems that we have a problem."

The workers listened with intrest.

"Somebody has spread toxic gas in the main facility and so we can't go back into it"

The workers looked around them to make sure nothing unusual was happening.

"Time to start testing"

EMFM was a little edgy but was fine. The administrator plunged the needle containing "Ultraium Waroxide" and then watched the effects.

Nothing Happened

"Everyone, EMFM is not the "Thing". This means it is still out there. Get back to work now."

Votes:

EMFM - 3 votes
Orb - 1 vote

Alive:

Orb
Ignoramus

Tested:

Csar
Evil_Maniac From Mars

Dead:

discovery1
Silver Rusher
King Henry V
Sasaki Kojiro
GeneralHankerchief
doc_bean

UltraWar
09-30-2006, 20:31
The worker shook his head for a second, putting down his coffee. No more coffee. Nothing else could keep him awake. He fell asleep in the middle of the cold and the poison and the death. The snow fell like acid rain, and he woke.

The Thing woke up. It span around, scanning the surroundings. The other four people huddled around the campfire. The campfire, with an icy wind, went out.

It turned, and saw its first target: doc_bean. It moved forwards, like a shadow or a demon. The light of the neon beams floating down from the 'Research Facility' sign illuminated the cold Siberian world.

He drew his pistol as he approached the huddle. They turned, all drew pistols, all readied venom. The name hung on their lips - Orb - as the pistols fired and ultraium waroxide sprayed. Harpoons were launched and at last, in the still cold of the Siberian landscape, all was silent.

doc_bean lay still, strangled by his own stethoscope, Ignoramus had a bullet-hole in his head. Csar lay on the ground, impaled by a scepter. The administrator stood still, facing The Thing, facing Orb through the snow. Orb spoke 'You thought Silver_Rusher poisoned the needle? I took his face, and his skills, and did that. That roundhouse kick to the face - I can even imitate Chuck Norris. There is only one man left who can stop me with his "Ultraium Waroxide". You.'

The Administrator stood proud. Orb's features slowly transformed. Was that a cowboy hat? And a beard? The Administrator shrieked in terror the moment before Orb roundhouse-kicked him in the face, knocking the formula for Ultraium Waroxide out of his brain and into orbit around Pluto.

The features of Chuck Norris turned back into Orb. Orb turned back into the formless Thing.

The administrator looked up to the Heavens.

Everything was still. Everything was white.

Everything was still. Everything was red.

Orb, The Thing, prowled into the night, leaving all those battered corpses behind him. He prowled into the night towards civilisation.

Thing Win!

Orb
09-30-2006, 20:40
:balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon:

Thanks for hosting the game! :balloon2:

I'll edit in my own write-up and explanation later.

Sasaki Kojiro
09-30-2006, 20:41
Heh

Dutch_guy
09-30-2006, 20:53
I saw this one coming... after getting slaughtered in Silver's game, I started distrusting any overly active (detective playing) participant.

Not that it had made any difference what I may have speculated, however...

So good job Thing !

:balloon2:

Silver Rusher
09-30-2006, 21:40
So Csar and EMFM survived? Good for them.

By the way, GH told me that EMFM was the thing. I guess he was wrong.

Orb
09-30-2006, 21:41
~:p

Silver Rusher
09-30-2006, 21:42
Hang on, if Csar and EMFM survived, how could The Thing have won?

Sasaki Kojiro
09-30-2006, 21:47
Hang on, if Csar and EMFM survived, how could The Thing have won?

Csar was impaled by the scepter and I believe Ultrawar mixed up emfm with doc_bean.

Orb's post #101 made it pretty clear to me.

Silver Rusher
09-30-2006, 21:51
Ah, right, I didn't notice Csar's name. OK, scrap what I said.

GeneralHankerchief
10-01-2006, 01:23
Ugh. I can't believe it.

I could have sworn that it was EMFM... we should have done a purge back when that first "glitter" clue came.

Good one Orb. :furious3:

discovery1
10-01-2006, 03:05
Wow, and I thought that this game would be a sure win for the people. Good job orb.

Orb
10-01-2006, 10:37
My general strategy was to kill off the talkative ones, and save the lurker EMFM for the last round, where I could pin everything on him ~:)

It seems to have worked.

King Henry V
10-01-2006, 11:36
Pfft, you plonkers. I told you it was Orb.

Ignoramus
10-02-2006, 02:56
You had me fooled Orb. Anyway, I'm glad that SR was fairly killed, and not knocked off by UltraWar just for talking so much.