PDA

View Full Version : Should ninjas be recruitable?

Moros
09-14-2006, 16:13
SO should they be recruitable by the japanese, should they remain mercenaries, local unit, only as one starting unit, some bonus unit, other?

GiantMonkeyMan
09-14-2006, 16:46
i would like to see ninjas as a mercenary unit available in japan, or if that isn't voted for perhaps make them only recruitable in japan... hoggy intended them to be mercenaries because people didn't want just the japanese to be able to recruit them and thought that would give them an unfair advantage of a percieved uber unit

but whatever suits you best, at the moment i have only one mod (napoleonic tw) installed because of oblivion... so i haven't played Blue Lotus in a while even though i helped balence the units :embarassed:

Moros
09-14-2006, 18:07
Yeah, I liied the idea but a lot of people apparently don't therefore I wanted to hold a poll and see what most think is best and consider doing that.

Orb
09-16-2006, 01:33
Well, I'm for simply offering us plebs a guide on how to make them recruitable.

Moros
09-16-2006, 13:37
I'll make a guide for it for the next version. Next version will probably overwrite the edu, edb,... as I'm planning to change those files quite a bit. Or I'll make an edu and edb which will make them avaible.

Keep voting tough!

Opeth666
09-16-2006, 17:37
I'm not in favour of using ninjas at all... they weren't used in combat. Small bands of mercs are okay, I guess, if they're rare, but they should have a damn strong attack. Make them actually useable to take out an enemy general. I also noticed that the enemy seems to know where my ninja mercs are even if they're hiding. Is this a bug?

Moros
09-16-2006, 18:41
strange... anyway, ninjas originally were rebelling citizens. Which had to use guerilla tactics as they didn't stand a chance in hand-to-hand combat against samurai. Only later in the end of the medieval period it started to become something of a martial arts like thingy. If i recall correctly. So they shouldn't even be good in melee. For assasination/sabotage okay, that's why I wouldn't like tem on the battlefield.

Anyway I need more votes!

The_678
09-21-2006, 03:50
I vote for mercs like they currently are. You have to remember this is a fantasy mod so if the unit is fun thats all that really matters. But to have them merc naturally I think is best. My limited kknowledge of them (merely from literature such as Shogun) indicates that they were mercs anyways, and an all ninja army-possible if recruitable- just seems wrong to me.

Moros
09-21-2006, 16:36
Hoggy's idea apparently was the best, but perhaps the poll might still change as there still are 7 days left.

ikon
09-21-2006, 17:46
I think they should remain mercenaries but also recruitable by japanese
and probably should be recruitable as local unit.

So local unit would be my vote... but the forum is not letting me vote, god knows why...

If yakuzas and ronins are in the battlefield why shouldnt ninjas be too?

ikon
09-21-2006, 17:55
as a matter of fact I think ninjas are much more appropriate on the battlefield than yakuzas... if there was a unit to be taken out of battlefeld that should be yakuzas... altough Im not defending that to be done.

It would also be nice to be able to edit my previuous post instead of having to add another... but there seems to be a forum posting rule saying I may not edit my posts... god knows why...

Moros
09-21-2006, 21:08
Junior members can not vote (apparently) and can't edit their posts.

ikon
09-21-2006, 23:24
~:eek: ... ~:rolleyes:

ikon
09-21-2006, 23:26
just imagine my vote is there for local unit ~:)

snevets
09-21-2006, 23:47
Its not true that ninjas didn't fight in major battles, they are accounted as having turned the tide of castle siege by turning the defenders on eachother, and were occasionally used on the main field.

Opeth666
09-22-2006, 14:12
Hell, I can't vote in the poll, and I'm on the development team... but I like the merc option, as well. They should be pretty rare, and not that useful in combat due to their low numbers. High attack, low armor, used for taking out the general. Heh, kind of the way they are now... :)

Moros
09-22-2006, 17:27
Ikon's and opeth666's votes are added.

ikon
09-23-2006, 01:16
~:)
Ikon's and opeth666's votes are added.

pitty there isnt the option of both mercs and local unit ~:)

Moros
09-23-2006, 10:31
you can vote, other and explain it in you post. Or better I can vote other and you explain it in your post.

ikon
09-24-2006, 22:08
you can vote, other and explain it in you post. Or better I can vote other and you explain it in your post.

True!

Sorry, I was too in a hurry when I posted and so I got distracted.

So please change my vote to other (if you can) and sorry for the extra troubel.

Explanation is given above: I think they should be both mercs and recruitable by japs.

Altough, if being both is not an option, then I would go for just mercs.

Its a complex vote :dizzy2:

ikon
09-24-2006, 23:30
And I manage to get a mistake again!! Jesus!!

I meant I think they should be both mercs and recruitable as local unit for all factions, not just japs.

Its just that I like them to much for them to be only mercs... but in truth thats what they should be: just mercs - hell, thats what they were in real life!

I tell you what:
:stupido3:
if you havent changed my vote, then if you are in the mood to be bothered, please change my vote to just mercs as in the beta.
:stupido2:
If you have already changed my vote... then just get tired of me and do nothing! Damn! Even I am tired of me with these mistakes and indecisions of mine.
:stupido:

After this, I really deserve to be a junior! And Gert will be hoping I wont stay as a junior for long so that he doesnt have to keep voting and unvoting for me! ~;)

Moros
09-25-2006, 20:31
vote changed.