PDA

View Full Version : I Would Just Like To Say

Raz
09-15-2006, 13:41
That this was the first mod I ever downloaded and installed for Medieval Total War and has remained the best for all these... well... months. It couldn't have been that long ago when I bought MTW.

Well, the bottom line is, is that you guys are uploading some very good work. And I mean it. :2thumbsup:
Keep it up, that is all.

R'as al Ghul
09-15-2006, 14:36
Thanks for the praise.
Stay with us, we're not finished yet.

:bow:

Puzz3D
09-15-2006, 22:20
Thanks Raz. It's encouraging to know that people are using the mod. Sorry about the mistake on the impassable terrain on the maps. I'll have that corrected soon.

Duke John
11-13-2006, 17:12
I didn't want to make a new thread, but I would just like to ask:

How many people play this mod online and when? Are there people available most of the time or just at an agreed day?

Cheers,
Duke John

R'as al Ghul
11-13-2006, 17:37
:bow:

Hello Duke John,

nice to see you here. The Multiplayer Community is rather small and changing.
Below is a picture from Tomi's Campaign we're playing, listing most of the players to date. Around 6 to 8 players usually meet on Sundays at 20:00 GMT.
Tomi selects a map to play on and we play 3v3 or 4v4 games. The taisho with the best kill/loss ratio becomes owner of the map province. :smile:
All are friendly games where enjoying the game and teamplay are more important than winning. Unfortunately you'll have trouble to find players in the lobby on any other day, I'm afraid. But if you'd like to play I'm sure that there's something we can do for you. :wink:
We've seen some increasing popularity when we released the beta_7 but unfortunately that version isn't stable and causes desync. I hope we can win people back with the new beta_8 that will b released in ca. 2 weeks or so.

R'as

https://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k57/tomisama/warlordmaptemp.jpg

Puzz3D
11-13-2006, 19:07
How many people play this mod online and when? Are there people available most of the time or just at an agreed day?
We lost some participation when the beta_7 didn't work. It's a nasty problem that only shows up consistently in 3v3 or 4v4 battles. Since we went back to using beta_5, participation is picking up again. We had five 3v3 battles yesterday and no problems in a 2 and 1/2 hour playing session from 20:30 GMT to 23:00 GMT.

We need 6 players willing to spend some time doing final testing on beta_7. We believe going back to the animations used in beta_5 will solve the instability problem in beta_7. Once we have a stable beta_8, I'm willing to spend a lot more time in the MTW/VI foyer promoting Samurai Wars since M2TW MP doesn't appear to be satisfactory. In anticipation of beta_8 working, I'm going to start converting some of the better large scale MTW/VI maps to the STW textures and models used in beta_7.

The gameplay we have in Samurai Wars MP is quite satifying. The new 11b stat is an improvement over the former 10b. There are still a couple of units that might need some minor adjustment.

ArmaEtLorica_Mongoclint
11-13-2006, 21:57
If you have room for another I'd like to try this MP since it looks like MTW II is going to have some issues (which will hopefully be worked out.) I will need lots of advice as I started MP with Viking and never played STW MP. Do I download the beta 5 then? And when will all be playing next?

Puzz3D
11-14-2006, 05:21
We are using beta_5 right now, and playing at 20:00 GMT on Sundays.