PDA

View Full Version : Keeping track of units??

Davey
09-15-2006, 18:45
There is one feature that I miss from RTW and that is on the Lists button, it's not divided into settlements and agents.(or have I missed it?)
If I have all my spies & diplomats inside settlements, how do I find them all quickly?
Same with my units. I'm just starting my very first campaign with EB.(Actually only my second with the game at all). I'm dreading the future when my empire starts spreading out,how do you guys keep track of all your armies? A detailed written list? Or just the forward button on the screen?

I know I'm going to have to keep some lists, re priority areas,enemy movements,plans,etc,etc, and I don't mind micro-management at all.

But when I'm reading all these posts everyone sounds so on top of everything their armies are doing, and the movements and expansions of their enemies as well, that I was hoping some of you could lend a little advice on how best to keep track of everything. I'm finding it very easy right now forgetting about "that single fleet" off the coast of Sicily that I sent to pick up my diplomat! Until of course I get the message saying that fleet is now sunk!!

Any and all insight,knowledge,tips & help greatly appreciated!! Thank you.

Discoskull
09-15-2006, 20:17
It's pretty easy for me to keep track of my troops/navies, since they each represent a substantial amount of money and time, and there are only one or two of them active on the map at any given time. As for diplomats and spies and the like...I keep at least 2 diplomats in each city and spies in the cities with large populations, as well as spies just sitting out in feild watching enemy/ally army movements.
The only agents I bother to keep track of are the extremely experienced/gifted/natrual born agents, which are the only ones I use for the agent-y stuff anyway. The others just sit.
You'll find that agents are much much more useful in EB, and they don't cost all that much in comparison to the military units, like they did in vanilla...

Obelics
09-15-2006, 20:38
you can just right-click on the labels "army" (for family members/captains/fleet), "towns" for settlements and "agents" for spy/assassins/diplomats

you can also sort the list by clicking on the title of the scroll that appear, that is very usefull...

eadingas
09-16-2006, 09:07
It also helps to have Ctrl+N on, this way you won't have to look for your armies and agents hidden on the map :)

Davey
09-16-2006, 18:12
Great info. Thanks guys!

pezhetairoi
09-21-2006, 13:09
You can always right click on your agents tab in strat map view to see a complete list of all diplomats, assassins and agents you own, and their location and attributes. You can do the same on the army tab to see all your military forces, units in transit and garrisons, their commanders, their locations, and their strengths.

Agent-wise I like to create a network of spies across my lands, and any lands I intend to invade or which seems to be attacking me. Hence I have between twenty and thirty spies spread out across my Roman Republic as mobile watchtowers, and ten diplomats in the same way. That way I don't have to worry about where my spies are because wherever I look or am, there will always be a spy on hand for me to deploy where I need him, be he deep in Arverni territory, or at the frontier with Makedonia.