PDA

View Full Version : MA Update #3 Discussion

danfda
08-01-2006, 21:29
Looking forward to more updates, shifty. Keep up the good work--M2TW sounds a lot more platable with what you gents are doing to it...

shifty157
08-08-2006, 23:05
THanks danfda. We appreciate it.

No one has any questions?

Hepcat
08-26-2006, 02:05
Sounds very good, I look forward to the next update. :2thumbsup:

so is it going from 1066 - 1453 or will it just stick to whatever period M2TW is?

Ultras DVSC
08-26-2006, 12:00
Thanks, you don't have to be waiting for ages, the next preview is already in progress: after the English it'll be cool faction presentation again, but I cannot give more away...

The time scale of the MA lasts from 1073 to 1500.

AliAS
08-26-2006, 14:11
Great map. realy good position of provinces.

Bakma
08-26-2006, 20:04
i love that map :)

Ultras DVSC
08-27-2006, 20:27
Thank you, our mapper anti_strunt knows what's what, that's for sure. Otherwise this map is not the newest version, in the actual one eg. the Felvidék (Alias certainly knows what I'm talking about) has two provinces, not one, and besides has some other modifications. Anyway, if you have any comment on the map or on the whole don't hesitate to share it. ~;)

Orb
08-27-2006, 20:52
I WANT A FATIMID PREVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111

:furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :knight: :knight: :knight: :knight: :knight: :ballchain: :ballchain: :ballchain: :ballchain: :viking: :viking: :viking:

:bounce:

Abokasee-styled rant over.

Great stuff, guys.

AliAS
08-27-2006, 21:23
WOW i looks like spam :laugh4:
i like see any preview :2thumbsup:

Geoffrey S
08-27-2006, 23:13
Looks well thought out. Glad to see more provinces in eastern europe, though some more provinces around the Persian gulf wouldn't hurt; that would make things a bit more interesting when nomadic factions make themselves known in the east.

But great job, I really hope this works!

CalIrish
08-28-2006, 00:11
I love the number of provinces in the North and in England/Ireland/Wales/Scotland. How many provinces total are there?

Ultras DVSC
08-28-2006, 01:03
Our mapper exploited all of the possibilities of RTW, that means 255 provinces. Of course if the region-limit of Medieval II allows of it, we should bethink ourselves of adding some more provinces to the East and to where it's still needed.

Any opinion about the game-play reforms? In this matter we really need your realizations since this way of representation of the assimilation will be an absolutely new approach of the issue, at the same time a quite risky and complex innovation to carry out.

CalIrish
08-28-2006, 01:54
That makes sense. It looked like more than EB, but EB stretches further west. This is a perfect map for the time period though.

As for reforms are you looking for specific events like the Marian which changed the organisation or changes in technology which improved equipment? Or maybe both?

kataphraktoi
08-28-2006, 05:16
Theres a 255 province limit? I thought it was 199??

hmmm...in thast case:

*runs back to photoshop*

polak966
08-28-2006, 08:03
i knew somehing wasnt right when i looked at the map u sent me :P!

Ultras DVSC
08-28-2006, 10:53
As for reforms are you looking for specific events like the Marian which changed the organisation or changes in technology which improved equipment? Or maybe both?
Well, as I said before such reforms will have a significant effect on the game-play of MA. We're going to build in a lot of single event such as social changes, ecclesiastic consequences, appearings of new special units, etc. These events will be quite various and numerous, so just feel free to propose such importances.

However, the basic of the military evolution will be the eras. Actually we are dividing units into five separate eras. Instead of having these eras kick in at a certain we felt that it would be best to have much more dynamic era system - like by the single events. Everything is durable and dynamic.

A small introspection about the issue by Shifty: "At the start of the game obviously every faction will be in the first era. As a faction goes to war and fights with other factions it will advance through the eras. The more a faction is at war, the faster it will advance. If a faction never engages in war then its unit roster will languish in the early eras while other factions will pull ahead..."

Orb
08-28-2006, 11:20
Fatimid > Ayyubid (obvious one), once Egypt becomes 60% Sunnite. If, that is, extra religions can be added.

shifty157
08-29-2006, 15:53
Lol. Sorry guys I havent been around as of late to answer questions and stuff. Alot has been going on in my life. Regardless it looks like Ultras has been doing a wonderful job in my stead so many thanks to him.

Although it also looks like Ultras has leaked some previously untold information about troop recruitment but ill let that slide. Youll be hearing alot more about our recruitment system before too long and what Ultras told you represents only a miniscule amount. I have to say that Im really really excited with what we're planning to do with troop recruitment because its like nothing youve ever seen before. Enough of that for now though.

Speaking a little on the topic of reforms. There will be many different events or reforms. Not just militarily. But also technological, and governmental. Obviously not all of these take place on a grand scale and some may even take many years for you to see the benefits even after youve built them.

Right now (quite literally right at this moment) im working on the next preview so with a bit of luck it will be up before long. Its another faction preview of one of the more interesting factions i think from the muslim world. The faction has an incredibly rich and twisting history leading up to our start date. Its really like your reading a book with too many plot twists because every time you think you have a grasp on the political landscape of the faction something happens to completely change everything. All within the span of a handful of years.

Until then though we very much appreciate all of your questions and comments so please continue to post and who knows, you may actually trick us into leaking more information.