PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Academy

Glaucus
09-17-2006, 03:24
The game Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy is one of my personal favorites. Fantastic saber combat system + star wars characters and vehicles makes for an awesome FPS. I HIGHLY recommend it if you are a nerd like me and love star wars, or are in the mood for an amazing sword-fighting game. The online play is what makes it amazing, dueling with other people is simply fantastic. I think it is only like 10 bucks or something nowadays too. Anyway, back to my problem: I played it on this same computer a year ago, but when I tried to play it today it didn't work. The only changes I've made to my computer since then is to upgrade from a crap Intel video card to a Radeon 9200 and to go from 512 RAM to a gig. On the consule thing this comes up after a sort of CTD:

GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem

any help is much appreciated

LeftEyeNine
09-17-2006, 08:47
..seems like a driver breakdown..clean reinstall would help, me thinks..

Edit: Oh and by the way, don't forget about patching your game if it has one. Games' incompatilibty issues with high-end graphics cards are generally solved through such patches.

Glaucus
09-17-2006, 18:19
Downloaded the patch, nothing.

Updated my drivers... INSTANT SUCCESS

thank you so much, it literally made my day.

hoom
09-20-2006, 11:46
Apologies for cross quoting but:
a Radeon 9200...high-end graphics card Huh??? a 9200 was maybe a high end in 1999 (when it was called an 8500 & before the 9700 came out) but not for years.
Happy to hear that new drivers fixed the issue mind :)

Glaucus
09-20-2006, 12:40
I never said it was high end lol. But it plays call of duty 2 and everything lower so if the price is right... :2thumbsup: